Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] Epic

Baltika9

Arcane
The Council had Boshen executed by pulverization. He went bravely, singing praise-filled hymns of the Dragon Warden all the way. Though he may have recovered, in time, universally turning off the nanites ensured that he is well and truly dead now. His place of death is now a martyr's shrine where the Cult gathers to worship the Warden.
star-wars-vader-no-banner-e1315855285276.jpg

Curse the Council! I hope the Empire skullfucks their souls!

By the way, how are the relations between the Empire's remnants and Terra? I'd think the Proud Warrior Race would be rather friendly with them after fighting alongside in such a conflict.

Did Adrahasis finally find love?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Rather well, I suppose. The Imperial Legions get along with Earth's military well, but their planets and civilians are too remote to have a friendly relationship.

Adrahasis is stuck with Ean's gang for eternity.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
All the immortals that were at the final battle were exempted. Because Shulgi and his shenanigans with the machine.

Baltika9

Arcane
Speaking of "losing is awesome." Will we be able to utterly and completely break the seting in either of these new LPs?

Baltika9

Arcane
Like what we did between the two parts of this LP: set in motion a chain of events that very significantly affects the setting, in a negative way.
Coloassal fuck ups, epic fails that affect not only our storyline, but the world around us.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
With A, possible but improbable, if you're referring to events like "Suddenly, man-eating dimensional monsters!" or "Suddenly, nanoplague extinction event!". The setting just doesn't lend itself to that level of disaster. Things like having the worst fucking guy ever become the supreme ruler of the pugilistic world and begin a reign of terror? Yes, that is highly probable, and you might even be The Worst Fucking Guy Ever. Get entangled in Imperial politics and mess up the empire? Yes, also probable. Holy fuck we just sank half of China in an epic duel, causing widespread famine and disease? ...no, the power scale doesn't go up that far, unless I include mythological deities and devils.

With B, not really possible despite the setting, since the actual apocalypse has been given a date at the very start of the LP and you can't get any worse than that. As I mentioned before, there won't be a 'shoot Hitler before he comes to power' or 'help Japan nuke America' chance. You'll be meeting historical people. The story that you'll be creating is a secret history underlying what we historically know, and the public consequences and history changing will only begin to take place starting in the Cold War era, as the deadline approaches and each faction grows more desperate to ensure their victory. This might change early on, however, depending on whether I think I can pull off believable alternate history given the characters.

Esquilax

Arcane
Goddamnit, at this point I realize that I don't really give a fuck which one wins - either way, we're in for a treat.

I enjoyed the Ean parts the best as well. I liked Ean as a character a lot in that he was different from a lot of classically heroic types in that we saw how much to suffer and persevere in order to do the right thing. So for me, Ean's time in the sphere* and his sacrifice to defeat Naram-Master and close the rift were the most compelling parts of the saga. As for Senya, honestly, it took a while for me to warm up to him; the events of Ean's last chapter weren't easy to follow up, so playing a socially retarded teenager didn't exactly measure up to playing an idealistic embodiment of martial virtue or the most ruthless motherfucker ever to live. I know the buildup was necessary, but it certainly took time for me to get adjusted to it. Hands-down my favourite parts here occurred during our war with the Empire.

* Holy shit, I was so fucking pissed off when everyone voted to go into the rift, then to have a chat with those fucking things. The first one was frustrating, but I suppose I could understand the curiosity of what's on the other side and the paranoia that Vajra might do something to screw us over, however the second caused me to rage very hard. Personally, I just figured that if nobody in our whole team thought going in was a good idea, we probably shouldn't do it.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I don't plan on including the gods and devils, really. Would overcomplicate things, there's already a lot of setting to deal with without them, especially since I wager most of you wouldn't be that familiar with the genre for A. Either I do a specific LP about these immortals, or I leave them out.

At any rate, which one winning only determines which one I do first. The other one will still happen. I need to run through my bag of LP ideas. :lol:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
With the conclusion of this LP, the circle is now complete. When I left Master Gaider, I was but the learner. Now, I am the Master.

Jester

Arbiter
With the conclusion of this LP, the circle is now complete. When I left Master Gaider, I was but the learner. Now, I am the Master.
Only master of CYOA Treave! : D

We'll leave that for a possible sequel. :troll:
There is possibility of having Senya back? Great info for me.

Guess all doing this so. My favourite parts are Beginning of conflict part (Anhur was great), Terra reborn to end (more giant mecha and Senya politics), Dio chapters (that backfire on his decisions was so funny, from my perspective only 7, 22, 23 didn't backfire), first Ean kingdom (nice it was i say) and Changing world chapters (improving Empire, scene son of breach!)

Pro-tip: anyone Dio calls a friend to his face is likely not a friend.
From my point of view you said prince wasn't his friend. Did Dio got anyone he considered friend during his life?

Write epic story and you will get lots of stupid questions:

Was there character who was planed to have big impact/recurring through story but died because of us/ was killed early by us?
Did Senya make some memorial statue, smt like Anhur-Shu and Camma cyclones with words like "to Scarlet lighting and other heroes of IAE wars, you are missed."?
What was the most interesting/important thing we missed due to our choices?
What happened to Madman?
What happened to Shulgi cultist?
You said that you used other works for ideas what were they?

And child like:
How much Gield fits in critical mass?
What was in your opinion our most cunning or/and unexpected choice? (other than sphere diplomacy)
Did pet sphere survived Armageddon? Were there something similar to it skipped?

Who were you favourite characters?

for me main cast: Senya, Rei, Shulgi, Dio, Marduk.
secondary characters: Edem tentaclest of them all, soldier pretender Ban, Captain Garland, engineer Tabitha, Raul "Rose"/ Babilon "Babs" (Late again chapter and funeral), awesome butler Butterfield, Velius Camma, Thania, barbarian king Gudersua, lich.
And lots more. : D

Last edited:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Only master of CYOA Treave! : D

Was expecting:

Master Gaider said:
Only a master of Emotional Engagement, treave.

From my point of view you said prince wasn't his friend. Did Dio got anyone he considered friend during his life?

Acquaintances and pawns, yes. True friends, no.

Was there character who was planed to have big impact/recurring through story but died because of us/ was killed early by us?
Did Senya make some memorial statue, smt like Anhur-Shu and Camma cyclones with words like "to Scarlet lighting and other heroes of IAE wars, you are missed."?
What was the most interesting/important thing we missed due to our choices?
What happened to Madman?
What happened to Shulgi cultist?

Anna, there was meant to be an all out hacking battle with her. Senya Chapter Three was supposed to lead to a proper Chapter Four if concluded properly (as in completing the Cyber Jack plotline) and a rematch with Shulgi in the middle of the city, but it didn't pan out. Also Edem and Naram, if not for that rift jump.

Well, there are memorials, but he didn't make it.

I'd say going on the cult route at the end of Senya chapter one. It was an interesting grimdark path, but I'm not sure you guys could have stomached it. After all, characters like Diogenes and Julius Gallardo were drawing a lot of bile already. :lol:

Died.

Gradually faded away as religion took on less importance.

And child like:
How much Gield fits in critical mass?
What was in your opinion our most cunning or/and unexpected choice? (other than sphere diplomacy)
Did pet sphere survived Armageddon? Were there something similar to it skipped?

Uh, not sure about this one.

Cunning... plenty of choices in good contention back in the early days. Unexpected, well, I wouldn't say that anything was that unexpected given that this is the Codex.

Unfortunately I did not find an occasion to work in the pet sphere. I had planned to do it by further exploration of the 'white Earth' in Senya chapter three.

Who were you favourite characters?

I can't say that I have a single favourite character, since I need to write all of them. But I probably prefer writing characters like Diogenes and Shulgi the Dick, and I think Ean's character is more interesting when he has Sekh or Edem to play off. Senya's character arc wasn't as clear-cut as I wanted it to be, due to the choices made, but all in all I'm satisfied with how he turned out.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron

Jester

Arbiter
More lore pls?

Was there any other major force other than League/Empire/Terra and what happened to them?
Was there any way to get Ean into world Ares and Mard/Zeus ended up before formation of Empire?
What Senya think abut Shulgi?
Shulgi was in wolf form he was borrowing power from some women, what happened to that person and who she was?
Hmm with Sek info will Inanna flowers be back on Earth?
Was it possible to get addicted to Ianna flower extract? How would that changed Senya?
Looking at Qin was there any path we would win with power of Rock J-pop? Would there be a band, if so who was in it?
Would we chose to go for joke path in Senya first chapter what you planed to do after assassination attempt?
seeing her turn into goo stops Senya long enough
Why Senya stopped? Did cult Senya had some doubts or did Senya regained partly control then?
Was Dio whole time the designated main bad guy tm or did he stolen screen time of other villain?
I am not sure but i asked about remnants of Senya Cult who make into Jar what happened to them? Or did that goo part was about them?
What happened to personal power armour of Senya?
How is Senya family?
If we would chose to bunker up after prosecution after making Ianes president what kind of tech would we get?
What would were ultimate powers given by nanotechnology?
Would we chose Creation power at beginning Senya would still be avatar of IAE or would he swap role with Rei? How would it change scene when smart Senya try to save Rei? Would he be able to be accepted as cult chosen?

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Let me get a rough timeline of "recent" events right:

1. During the n-th iteration of the Great Game, Emperor Gilgamesh turns against the Masters, consumes all his subjects becoming the Great Devourer, and survives the universal reboot, making it into the next - now known to be final - iteration of the Great Game.
2. The Great Devourer fragments into shards, some of which land on life-bearing planets and turn into the first Gieloth. Were there multiple such planets?
3. Masters discover the Gieloth on at least one planet, become curious, make some experiments, then decide "the Gieloth are weeds" and begin extermination, which results in the Gieloth-Master War.
4. The Gieloth assume their tree-form and spread from the original planet the Masters met them at. Do they travel to multiple new worlds, or a single one?. How exactly do they travel? Slower than light spores? It'd take AGES.
5. The Gieloth arrive on Ean's Earth (when, exactly? as in: how many years before Ean's birth?), which turns into a massive battleground against the Masters. Vajra-wielding Masters arrive, but are banished and cut-off from reappearing, while a Varja is left behind on Ean's Earth. Presumably decimated Gieloth are laying low.
6. Since they're cut-off, the Masters seed their test/control/whtvr worlds (what were all the classifications, and what criteria were they based on?) with Immortals to act as their agents (how did original Great Games proceed, with full Master access and no Gieloth meddling?)
7. Ean is imprinted with an exactly identical batch of voices as Gilgamesh was. Also, somehow Ean is a variation of Gilgamesh, even though the Masters were certain to never see him again?
8. Gieloth start recouping their losses and multiplying again.
9. Parts of the CYOA happen.
10. Marduk finds the Devouring Artifact, namely another shard of Gilgamesh (why hasn't this shard been discovered earlier and used against the Masters - or was it?) Why hasn't this shard turn into Gieloth? Did Marduk hijack Ean's legacy before finding the Shard, out of his own volition, or did he just started to channel more of Gilgamesh under its influence?

Last edited:

TOME

Cuckmaster General
The best part of this CYOA were Ean's saga, the parts where we got to choose powers and build our kingdom. Especially one choice stuck in mind where we got to choose between building roads or signaling towers and army or spies. Another memorable moment were right in the beginning, at the top of a building in Akkad, when Shulgi approached Sargon and realized Ean was there with him. Kind of shame Shulgi tried to take power that way, it would have been awesome to ally with Shulgi at that point and slowly build a kingdom and conquer whole Terra.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
More lore pls?

Was there any other major force other than League/Empire/Terra and what happened to them?
Was there any way to get Ean into world Ares and Mard/Zeus ended up before formation of Empire?
What Senya think abut Shulgi?
Shulgi was in wolf form he was borrowing power from some women, what happened to that person and who she was?
Hmm with Sek info will Inanna flowers be back on Earth?
Was it possible to get addicted to Ianna flower extract? How would that changed Senya?
Looking at Qin was there any path we would win with power of Rock J-pop? Would there be a band, if so who was in it?
Would we chose to go for joke path in Senya first chapter what you planed to do after assassination attempt?

I didn't bother building that much world.

Possible, had you chosen to flee through another portal in the rift.

Massive dick. But appreciates the training, somewhat.

Actually that'd be the Master Stella.

No.

Yes. Badly.

I don't think the LP could have survived such a path. :lol:

Feted as heroes but forced to do publicity work while secretly investigating the cult's actions.

Why Senya stopped? Did cult Senya had some doubts or did Senya regained partly control then?
Was Dio whole time the designated main bad guy tm or did he stolen screen time of other villain?
I am not sure but i asked about remnants of Senya Cult who make into Jar what happened to them? Or did that goo part was about them?
What happened to personal power armour of Senya?
How is Senya family?
If we would chose to bunker up after prosecution after making Ianes president what kind of tech would we get?
What would were ultimate powers given by nanotechnology?
Would we chose Creation power at beginning Senya would still be avatar of IAE or would he swap role with Rei? How would it change scene when smart Senya try to save Rei? Would he be able to be accepted as cult chosen?

Because true love. Or something.

He was always the major candidate, though I wasn't sure how active he would be. An early draft had the Masters all replaced with male and female Dio clones. Actual clones. They'd manipulate each other and then you find the original, aged Dio behind it all.

If they joined before the goo event, they were either gooed or killed in bombardment.

Kept safely somewhere.

Doing fine, having major roles in government.

Rocket punches. Eye lasers. Combining transforming robots.

Full control over dissembling nanites that travel at the speed of light. Turn everything into goo.

The role wouldn't swap, but the cult's teachings would be retconned into a death cult, and everything else would proceed more or less as it has. Ultimately the result should be rather similar, not exactly the same, though in practice it may have varied wildly depending on the choices taken in reaction to that particular iteration of the cult. A slight variation on Master Gaider's teachings. :troll:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Only one planet, and only one occurrence of shard becoming Gieloth progenitors ever happened. The rest of the shards didn't qualify. The explanation is in that update. As for why Marduk's shard wasn't discovered earlier, that's how it is.

Spores travel at an appreciable fraction of c, new set of immortals sent out after the war started were imprinted with instructions to hunt and destroy, technically Ean uses the same batch version as the Devourer did, since the transfer was never completed. The Masters had copies.

A control world is generally wherever history is molded to follow the historical Earth, up until the point where it diverges. The Masters can make as many Earths as they want, and previous games had seen scenarios where the entire galaxy was nothing but Earths. The people of that time took it rather badly.

Jester

Arbiter
I don't think the LP could have survived such a path. :lol:

He was always the major candidate, though I wasn't sure how active he would be. An early draft had the Masters all replaced with male and female Dio clones. Actual clones. They'd manipulate each other and then you find the original, aged Dio behind it all.The role wouldn't swap, but the cult's teachings would be retconned into a death cult, and everything else would proceed more or less as it has. Ultimately the result should be rather similar, not exactly the same, though in practice it may have varied wildly depending on the choices taken in reaction to that particular iteration of the cult. A slight variation on Master Gaider's teachings. :troll:
Come on throw me a bone, at least evil scientist Senya should have plan involving getting use of AI singer idols.

Think about Codex paranoia against one Shulgi, with 13 Dios we would see him under every rock and probably to unable to open refrigerator or toilet afraid of cunning ambush.

Creation Senya: you are to impulsive and short sighed to be messiah and we prefer necrophilia over orgies. Sound like C&C of game company.
:troll:

How many voices are there in general and how many of them each immortal getting?
What happened to Octopus Mafia? The godfather in SPACE?
I meant cultist from 5.2 5.3 Kaito and rest.
Did any technology based on IAE like pocket dimensions made into original Earth?

Edit:
A control world is generally wherever history is molded to follow the historical Earth, up until the point where it diverges. The Masters can make as many Earths as they want, and previous games had seen scenarios where the entire galaxy was nothing but Earths. The people of that time took it rather badly.
Something like our Earth is Earthier than yours alien scum? There goes nukes. :D

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
On the other hand, it could mean dating one of the Dios. Or all of them.

Hundreds of possible batches, each with dozens to hundreds of voices.

Working together with the government, on the other side of the law.

They're part of the Order of the Jar. Living well.

The facility and other related material were scrubbed.

ScubaV

Prophet
Speaking of emotional engagement, did Ean and Sekh's relationship evolve into a romantic one or is it more bro/sis 4 lyfe?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom