Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] Epic

Baltika9

Arcane
According to treave:

You'll burn them [the victims of the Grey Death] up as fuel.

(implying that they won't be recoverable anymore, so, no more Kyrie)
Is it possible to restore those disassembled to life in our universe?
You'll burn them up as fuel.
I meant if we don't use them for fuel.
Not in the current universe, no.
I'd like to point out that this data cannot be converted back into humans. And, yes, we may sacrifice Kyrie (treave's silence on my questioning puts me on edge). Or maybe not, she did regain her individuality and separated herself from the mass. It could go both ways, I suppose, but can we really trade the resoultion of this conflict for Senya and his ghost-waifu?

Unlike poor Vicky G. Camna, who has an actual family waiting for him back home, wife and daughter and whatnot. Just feels wrong to intentionally send him on a suicide mission like that, because "Vic VS Dio, Lulzfest of Enternity!"

Edit:
“My name is Sheldon, and I am offering you a proposal.”

I thought we were friends, Sheldon, says the eye mockingly. You are just delaying the inevitable. My victory.

“Your friends tend to meet a nasty end, Diogenes,” laughs Sheldon, before he resumes addressing me. “Arbiter, I have a proposal. Whoever takes Iae’s place really does not matter to me, but I have a score to settle with your friends over there.”

He masterminds a plan that is obviously a bad idea because Dio is an egomaniac to the point where laws of reality don't apply to him. Then now when shit inevitably hits the fan and we try to mitigate it, the guy wants to fight the people who want to take out the person he planned on enslaving in the first fucking place. Fuck these assholes.
Yeah, that sounds pretty retarded, almost like he has an ulterior motive. Things aren't going his ways, so maybe now he's making up a fall back plan? Fuck, I don't think the situation is as simple as it looks.
Or maybe it is. Then again, these are THE Masters we're talking about, we shouldn't underestimate them as you yourself said.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
The problem with trying to convince Sheldon via words is that you haven't exactly proved to be trustworthy. Sure, one might argue that you can't be any less trustworthy than Diogenes Camna but better the devil they know.

Tigranes

Arcane
BB, in addition to Esquilax's logic, I'm thinking drawing on the souls may be rather... unsettling to both the Masters and our allies.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
It's going to be a point blank detonation in Dio's eye and isolated to a very small area around him, if it works.

Baltika9

Arcane
Wait... if Senya, as a terminal of the Observer, can absorb the data, what about Dio, the Observer?
Shouldn't he be able to do it as well?

Baltika9

Arcane
So then, that is an option for us because Senya is a p. cool guy that fights Dio and doesn't afraid of anything?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Those Who Challenge The Divine Will

“I’ll handle the Eye. Keep the Masters off my back!” I shout out.

“How do you plan to do that?” Ean asks, keeping his eyes trained on the Masters.

“I’ll hold him down, and then we’ll use that.” My eyes flick upwards, where the Sword of Ean is floating in space. Ean’s eyes widen in understanding. “That? But-“ He is interrupted by a blade of lightning swung by Sheldon. His twin black swords move to intercept in a blinding flash, parrying the Master’s attack.

The two immortals engage the Masters in battle, and I begin my own. Unlike their physical struggle, my fight with Diogenes Camna is a contest of wills. As long as I exert my influence on the area in opposition to his, he will be unable to tip the scale against Ean and Shulgi.

There is no point to this fight, Senya.

“I will decide that for myself.”

Is my ascension that undesirable? The world is already a cruel and cold place. The new order that I impose cannot be any worse.

I laugh. “Are you taking it personally, Diogenes? No offense, but I would do the same no matter who turned into this giant eye floating in front of me. Youjust ended up being the one in my way by chance.” I can feel him bristling at the implication that I see him as just another obstacle, one amongst many, and all his designs and plots did not matter. The eye turns its full, terrible gaze upon me, attempting to impose his will as absolute.

Far above me, the Sword of Ean begins to move.

“We’ve got him, Sekhar!” shouts one of the Masters as he drives a Vajra lance through Shulgi’s body, pinning him to the ground. At the same time, another Master fires a blast of energy from his Vajra, the streak of lightning arcing towards the immortal’s head. There is the sound of a hundred flapping wings as Shulgi’s body turns into a swirling mass of black feathers. Innumerable ravens fly forth, scattering across the battlefield before they are hit by the lightning.

Ean narrowly dodges a low-flying raven and parries a quick stab from Sheldon, who is proving to be a competent swordsman. He is using the shimmering shield from his Vajra expertly, raising it only when necessary to deflect a blow to manuever into a position where he can counter – the Master’s defense is almost impenetrable.

You’re having fun, aren’t you, sighs Sekhenun. Ean grins, putting some distance between himself and Sheldon. “Time to get serious then.” He raises Anbar-Shi and plunges it into the ground. The smooth white surface begins to ripple and quake as countless golden branches burst forth, homing in on each Master.

The ravens fly around the endless branches and flock together, recombining into Shulgi. The Masters that had attacked him had narrowly evaded Ean’s attack. Darting between the branches, one of the ravens that is still free knocks the Vajra from one of their hands. Shulgi is there to catch it. “So this is what it feels like,” he murmurs, as he pours his voices into the weapon and makes it an extension of himself. A grin on his face, he calls forth a torrent of lightning, directing it against the surprised Masters.

Behind him, there is an explosion of flames, as a pillar of fire stretches down from the sky. Adrasteia arrives, bringing along with her the remaining combat-ready Spirits, twenty in all. Her blazing red hair streams behind her as they charge into battle against the Masters without another word.

Oh, clever. Are you trying to use that ship against me?

I never expected to hide it from him for long anyway.

“You can always draw back. It’s not my fault if you want to stand around and get hit by a spaceship.” Of course, he knows that he can’t. The act of retreat would make his will waver, and if – when – I seize upon that, I will be able to gain control over more of the system.

It will not hurt me.

There is a slight tinge of uncertainty to his statement. I smile, and Diogenes Camna redoubles his effort to crush me where I stand.

“Jenkins, the chap with one big eye over there. Five rounds rapid,” orders Admiral Grimrock. Turning to the window displaying Captain Garland, the admiral gives him a grim nod. “The god entity appears to have noticed your trajectory. We’ll provide you with covering fire, but our munitions don’t seem to be doing it any harm.”

Garland laughs and gives Grimrock a thumbs-up. “That’s not an issue. The Unbreakable Sword of Ean will do its duty. Besides, the moment I spotted that eye, it was like love at first sight, you know? Like I was destined to ram it with something just as big.”

The admiral sighs. He does not have an answer to win this battle, so he supposes that this gamble is just as good as any. “Very well. Eanspeed, Captain.” He salutes.

Ramming speed, Admiral. Huh, that’s about the same anyway.”

As Ean clashes swords with Sheldon again, Anbar-Shi begins devouring the energy from Master’s lightning blade, drawing in crackling streamers into itself. The Vajra piece within Anbar-Shi begins to shine brightly as Ean unleashes the absorbed energy in an explosive burst, knocking Sheldon off his feet, a surprised look on his face. He follows, drawing Sekhenun’s sword back in preparation for a fatal blow.

Step back, warns Shulgi telepathically.

Ean steps back quickly, just in time to avoid a wave of energy that tears up the ground. It is followed by a large, snarling dog, a Vajra weapon clutched between its jaws. At that moment, a giant wolf slams into the dog, carrying the two beasts rolling across the white plains. The dog manages to tear itself from the wolf’s grip, giving a low growl as it does so. Seamlessly, the wolf returns to its human form, and Shulgi makes a gesture with his Vajra. It sparks to life, acting according to his will. The lightning that is about to strike the dog is deflected by a shield as Stella comes to its defense. Shulgi gives her a mocking salute, grinning.

This will not work.

As Diogenes says it, he attempts to impress it upon me at the same time; that whatever I have planned will not work. It is almost convincing, an order from ultimate authority. If I give in for even a second, it will become reality. The Sword of Ean is already halfway here, its bulk quickly growing larger and more noticeable with every passing second.

Two streams of energy streak towards me and dissipate harmlessly as I degenerate their existence almost instantly. The surprised Masters who had attempted to ambush me are beset by Adrasteia and her Spirits, the battle carrying them back into the forest of branches.

“That didn’t work,” I reply. I turn my eyes to the Sword of Ean, mentally calculating its current position.

“Captain, the timer for the detonator has been set and the escape shuttles are ready. We have the CF team ready to guard our escape.” Garland looks at the crew member and salutes. “Very well, carry it out.” The crew prepare to leave, but when they notice that their captain is making no move to leave from the bridge, they pause.

“Captain-“

The comms flicker to life, distracting Garland and the crew.

“There’s no need for that,” comes a voice.

I watch as the shuttles eject from the giant asteroid carrying Captain Garland and the crew, tumbling and then righting themselves behind me. Soon they are almost invisible, receding quickly into the distance.

Ten minutes to detonation.

I bend a knee and place my hand on the rocky surface of the Sword of Ean as it charges straight at the great eye in front of me. Diogenes had been incapable of preventing me from teleporting onto the Sword’s exterior, concerned as he was with merely retaining control over the power he has. Of course, he has other ways of stopping me.

Millions of drones head towards the Sword of Ean in a desperate attempt to intercept it, breaking away from the battle in space. They begin firing upon the ship, their cannons vaporizing the rock. Some of their shots begin to come uncomfortably close. As they close in towards the asteroid, golden branches shoot forth from the surface. The branches move as if part of a living organism, evading and circling around the asteroid’s path. As each branch pierces a drone, they split off into more branches, seeking every single drone in the vicinity. All around me, millions of small fireballs fill the sky as the drone swarms are destroyed in an instant.

Eight minutes more.

The path is clear! Go for it!

I pour my will into the asteroid, making its point stronger and sturdier. The rock begins to crumble away as the energies spill over, leaving behind a core of red hot metal. As the tip of the Sword glows with the fires of creation, creating a burning trail of plasma that streams behind the long blade of the asteroid ship, the giant eye glares at me.

Five minutes.

Damn you all!

With a shout, Diogenes resolves himself and stands his ground.

The point of the Sword strikes the Eye. For a moment the Eye holds.

Then, fissures begin to appear from the point of impact, spreading, as the giant engines powering the Sword of Ean continue to push the asteroid forward. As the outer shell gives way, the Sword of Ean runs Diogenes’s Eye all the way through. The momentum of the impact brings the two forward until the Sword strikes the ground, embedding itself into the white plains.

Countless tendrils shoot forth from the Eye’s body, smashing themselves into the Sword.

I will not go down to trash like this! There, I see what you have hidden!

There is a tearing noise as the tendrils rip the bomb from the hangar, raising it above the asteroid. Diogenes Camna snarls and I know that he is attempting to hurl it away before it can explode. I attempt to stop him from doing so, but his overpowering will to survive is almost unstoppable – it is all I can do not to be swept away by the force of his anger. He seems to have underestimated its destructive radius – if I do not control it, the bomb will destroy us all no matter how far he can throw it.

Four minutes.

The tendrils coil up, preparing to push the bomb away. I tense up, preparing myself. If it comes down to it, I will allow the explosion to run rampant, destroying everything in this pocket dimension.

A string of explosions run up the great eye’s body, distracting it temporarily. A group of five CFs roar over my head, heading for the bomb. More tendrils shoot forth, swarming the frames. Two of them go down immediately, while the others manage to evade the attack. As they reach the bomb, the three frames press their hands against it and begin to push. I realize what they are attempting to do. The CFs’ engines scream as they force the bomb back towards the Eye.

Two minutes.

“Senya!” shouts one of the pilots. I recognize the voice. Jean. “Don’t hold back!”

Your tenacity is impressive, but it is futile! Useless!

A wave of tentacles rises forth from the Eye, sweeping towards the frames. I try my best, but I’m unable to destroy enough of them. Two of the remaining CFs are swept away and explode, Jean’s mech amongst them.

“Get out of my head,” says Vic Camna in the lead frame calmly. “I don’t care if you are my ancestor.”

What a disloyal descendant, Diogenes sneers, though his anger is palpable.

The second wave comes, quicker than the last. The tentacles smash into the bomb, denting it, and rip away a limb from the colonel’s frame, but he pushes on.

The third wave rises.

One.

A yellow frame swoops in from above, dodging the tendrils while hauling a small black hole generator behind it.

Naim.

The generator overloads and explodes, taking the frame with it, creating a temporary vacuum as the mini black-hole dissipates. Creating an opening.

I hear Vic Camna shout as his frame shoves the Jupiter bomb forward, pressing it against the surface of the Eye.

Diogenes Camna howls as the darkness explodes.

I stretch my hands outwards and contain it, compressing the destruction of the bomb. I won’t be able to keep it entirely under control, but I can spare everyone the worst of its effects.

There is a roar that shakes the entire dimension as a massive shockwave ripples outward.

When I come to, I am back on the ground, my wounds recovering rapidly. Above me, the rubble of the Sword of Ean is floating in the air, along with a gray, cracked sphere – what remains of the Eye. The bomb was not anywhere as powerful as I had calculated – perhaps it had been damaged by Diogenes in the battle – but it should still have yielded enough power to destroy half of a galaxy. I get to my feet and notice that around me, the immortals and the Masters are standing around in what looks to be an uneasy truce.

“Whatever you did, you damaged Diogenes badly, but…” says Mikey worriedly, as he looks at the corpse of the Eye. Damaged, not dead.

“This is Adrahasis. All of the Vajra Shula fortresses are inactive,” says the young immortal from the remnants of the fleet above us. “What is going on down on the surface?”

I reach out to the IAE system and check it, confirming my fears. Diogenes has consolidated his power, wounded as he is. He is currently unable to directly affect reality according to his will, but he has still obtained what he wished for. Now he only needs a vessel strong and sturdy enough in which to channel his infinite power.

I said it was futile.

The gray sphere crumbles as more pieces of it falls away, revealing a bright, shining light. As it recedes and the glare is reduced, I see a shining, white, six-armed humanoid robot, hovering in the air.

“He found it,” mutters Sheldon, glaring at the mech.

“What is it?” asks Ean.

“My… uh… hobby. I like giant robots. If that thing is operational…” replies Sheldon.

As if in response, great wings of lightning spread out behind the robot.

“Ah, fuck,” groans the Master.

Thank you for this nice present, Sheldon. Vajra Deva, I believe you called it? You were keeping this as a backup plan, weren’t you? Learn that your plans to betray me will never succeed.

Even from here, I can feel the immense power gathered inside the robot – it is the physical embodiment of Diogenes the Observer. Unable to freely manipulate reality any more, he has taken form in the machine in order to crush us.

Infinite power is mine now. Worry not, your ends will be quick. I will be a kind God.

A gleaming spear appears in the Vajra Deva’s hand, coalescing from the air. With a swift movement, its arm almost a blur, the spear is thrown. Lightning trails behind the spear, weaving into a spiral pattern. A wall of golden branches sprout from the ground, shielded by the shimmering veil of the Masters’ Vajras. It doesn’t stop the spear. With a blinding flash of light, it rips a hole in the wall without even slowing down.

“We’re teleporting out of here,” shouts Sheldon. “Get as far away as possible!”

As the others prepare to retreat, I hear someone whispering.

It sounds like Rei’s voice, telling me something.

That’s right. Infinity divided is still infinite. No matter how strong Diogenes Camna becomes, I can match him.

The space in front of me distorts, and then shatters. A gigantic mechanoid arm reaches out from the void and closes its claws around the point of the incoming spear, stopping it dead in its tracks. The spear explodes, sending debris flying for kilometres. As the shockwaves settle down, the tear in reality is widened, forced open by familiar looking, five-fingered claws. A massive leg stretches out and sets itself firmly on the ground, rumbling the surface.

Anhur-Shu climbs through the rift and straightens itself, its armor a gleaming ebony and its wings solid darkness.

Last edited:

Baltika9

Arcane
:yeah:
“Jenkins, the chap with one big eye over there. Five rounds rapid,” orders Admiral Grimrock. Turning to the window displaying Captain Garland, the admiral gives him a grim nod. “The god entity appears to have noticed your trajectory. We’ll provide you with covering fire, but our munitions don’t seem to be doing it any harm.”

Garland laughs and gives Grimrock a thumbs-up. “That’s not an issue. The Unbreakable Sword of Ean will do its duty. Besides, the moment I spotted that eye, it was like love at first sight, you know? Like I was destined to ram it with something just as big.”

The admiral sighs. He does not have an answer to win this battle, so he supposes that this gamble is just as good as any. “Very well. Eanspeed, Captain.” He salutes.

Ramming speed, Admiral. Huh, that’s about the same anyway.”
:salute:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
If only we had brought the Sun bomb, we could have finished Dio off. :rpgcodex:

Now I'm forced to write the third-stage boss fight, because this is anime.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Well, we'll have the last update with a choice coming up in perhaps 12 hours or so, hopefully. Then things will be wrapped up and we can have the post-LP party.

Baltika9

Arcane
Speaking of afterparties, if everyone makes it out of here in one piece, we totally should get Ean drunk (somehow) and convince him to steal Arahasis' and Adrasteia's ships and go space pirating with Senya and Shulgi.

You know, just because.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Now I'm forced to write the third-stage boss fight, because this is anime.
Would you really have ended this without a giant mecha fight? I don't think so. :animu:

edit: Also, yay! Naim is dead! :dance:

Tigranes

Arcane
Well, that was pretty bro.

Hard to say whether the Masters are now going to help us, though surely they can now see Dio is not to be left rampant.

Jester

Arbiter
edit: Also, yay! Naim is dead! :dance:
You are a horrible person. He died a true bro.
:salute:
After some backstabbing he redeemed himself and earn his place in VALHALLA with other bro in one last moment of EANNESS.

Funny thing would be if last epic fight end up as..... DUM DUM DUM game of rock-paper-scissor.
As for frame Dio got 6 arms we could be screwed by that, or does our multiple gravity wings can save the day one more time.... DMN those wing really deserve some more screen time its like best spend money ever, screw cannon. Shame we cant upgrade them any more.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Is my ascension that undesirable? The world is already a cruel and cold place. The new order that I impose cannot be any worse.

:love:
There is the sound of a hundred flapping wings as Shulgi’s body turns into a swirling mass of black feathers. Innumerable ravens fly forth, scattering across the battlefield before they are hit by the lightning.

:love::love:

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom