Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] Epic

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Senya got a little hint on Vajra, and we could potentially fuck up the Master's plans here within the void as well. I'm certain that Dio isn't lying about the reset.
I'm not sure I share your optimism regading the Varja "hint". Just because it has settings doesn't mean it has settings that will be useful to us. And if you are certain Dio isn't lying about the reset*, then don't you think that the other Masters within the Void will have the capability to reset the universe too? Isn't then defeating them there without Senya's help as the new Observer a dangerous proposition as they could just threaten a reset themselves? Additionally, a freaking Varja fortress** is going to be tough to take on - even as the devourer.

*I'm sure there is one, I'm not sure Dio can trigger it by intent - he ordered the Masters to use their Varjas, but he doesn't have one. All the weapons he has used are bladed weapons. The most Master like thing we've seen him do is use the device to shut us down, but it was the others who trapped us in that body to begin with. It may be that the Masters that are higher up in the food chain don't trust him with that level of power OR that he can't use those powers as he is not one of the original "custodians". Also, the fact that we're in a place where ghosts can die may prevent him from sending the command, if he can.

edit: **Ah, even worse, countless fortresses. I misread.
“All of our problems in one place. Great for us, but the cleanup is going to be messy,” sighs another of the Masters, seemingly unrattled by Shulgi’s appearance. “Hopefully Diogenes will do his job properly down there.” He snaps his fingers. Far above and behind him, there is a ripple in space as countless Vajra Shula fortresses begin to emerge.

edit2: oh, and we have an unstable galactic bomb that may or may not go off.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kayerts

Arcane
Another fantastic update.

Wrt the Senya choice, A is clearly correct; treave would not make guarantees of success with B unless it carried horrific consequences.

But bros, a question: where's the last master?

There were 13 masters originally. Zeus got munched by Ean's alter ego; Naram's was defeated by Bro Team 1.0. Cooper just got owned. At least three are currently failing to incinerate Senya, and five are fighting Ean's Bro Team 2.0. Depending on whether we count Dio as one of the 13, that's 1-2 masters unaccounted for.

Another fantastic update.

Wrt the Senya choice, A is clearly correct; treave would not make guarantees of success with B unless it carried horrific consequences.

But bros, a question: where's the last master?

There were 13 masters originally. Zeus got munched by Ean's alter ego; Naram's was defeated by Bro Team 1.0. Cooper just got owned. At least three are currently failing to incinerate Senya, and five are fighting Ean's Bro Team 2.0. Depending on whether we count Dio as one of the 13, that's 1-2 masters unaccounted for.

Yeah, there's one missing. Turn-coat? Back in the base?

Also, you forgot to account in the Dog. He's a Master too, with his own Vajra and everything..

Jester

Arbiter
Damn first Edem, later Shulgi, now Rei and Dio. It look like all my favourite characters tend to die. Guess i could try to save him, but i respect Diogenes Camna enough to know that one universe for his annihilation is a fair price.

Rei is dead time to go insane, surly this is but a dream we must wake from. Embrace the horror, end to false reality.

Vote B

Edit. BTW did our new power added any possible interactions with Idea? We still can only delete or did creation added some choices?

Last edited:

ScubaV

Prophet
Senya A. I'm not confident in the Codex outwitting Dio, but Senya the character is probably the one person besides Shulgi who could. We may get just enough hints through Senya's observations that we can put Dio to use.

I can't wait to see the BROTEAM in action. :bounce::bounce::bounce:

320px-Goku_vegeta_2.jpg

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Bros, when Dio is backed into a corner, what does he do? He lies. He thinks up the biggest lie possible and tells it with a straight face. This feels like a "make the choice to save someone and end up causing their death" kind of thing. Sort of like how we just did with Rei, or how we originally did with Kyrie. Dio is lying. You can always tell when he's lying because of his big, fat smile. Don't say I didn't warn you.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
More like Gilgamesh 2324240.0 and 2324241.0. Shulgi is Enki, Naram is Ereshkigal.

You have both creation and destruction combined, so your interaction with the Observer will be easier.

Also, the battle is not taking place in the void, it's happening right in the Masters' dimension. Ean can see Earth from where he is. Had to address this because there were a couple of Codexers under this misconception.

Current tally is:
A - 6
B - 4

Baltika9

Arcane
Well, I see where Senya's choice is going:
B, we trade our reality for a swift and assured victory here and the destruction of the Masters. Once Senya becomes God, it will be really trivial to tip the balance in favor of Ean, Shulgi, Sekh and Co.
A, the battle will go really bad for our bros. Even with the Devourer-Dragon-Tree-Emperor-Ean dual wieldan Anbar-Shi and Sekblade, Nekkid Shulgi and eighty thousand ships on our side, they're still pumping out countless Vajra Shulas. There will be some/a lot of losses, but this will spare our reality (if we win) and probably allow us to choose who will become the new God. I'm going for Ean, because Shulgi still owes us a drink.

Fuck it, A. We always took the moral high road when it came down to it, sans Dio, I see no need to alter this course now.

So Shulgi is a neanderthal ubermensch? Makes perfect sense.
Also, Ereshkigal is a woman.... or is she?

Interesting enough, the Gieloth are the opposite of what I expected: They are shards of a immortal. I thought they were immortals 0,5. I think this also explains the hunger (all Gieloth got a bit of the Devourer inside them) and why they started to blend with human forms (No, Sekhenun, YOU ARE THE HUMANS. And then Sekhenun was a hot egyptian science-goddess). Marduk's talk about a bride make me wonder if previous Sekh was Gilgamesh's consort.

Well, I see where Senya's choice is going:
B, we trade our reality for a swift and assured victory here and the destruction of the Masters. Once Senya becomes God, it will be really trivial to tip the balance in favor of Ean, Shulgi, Sekh and Co.
A, the battle will go really bad for our bros. Even with the Devourer-Dragon-Tree-Emperor-Ean dual wieldan Anbar-Shi and Sekblade, Nekkid Shulgi and eighty thousand ships on our side, they're still pumping out countless Vajra Shulas. There will be some/a lot of losses, but this will spare our reality (if we win) and probably allow us to choose who will become the new God. I'm going for Ean, because Shulgi still owes us a drink.

Fuck it, A. We always took the moral high road when it came down to it, sans Dio, I see no need to alter this course now.

Your thought is good.
There's also the fact B seems not to be instantaneous. Go read Gilgamesh/Devourer story. Gilgamesh fought on, but ultimately lost. Yet, he had enough time until the reboot to pull a Senya and convert his people to information, except it seems clear he didn't have some handy-dandy dimension to store them and his method was somewhat more primitive than what Anna and Senya did. Of course, time goes weird on both sides. Time goes faster outside, so by the time the heroes win everyone else is dead.

Then again, the Masters might've installed Faster Cosmic Reboot version 2000.233 Also it would be metagaming for Senya to know that.

There's also the detail ANOTHER cosmic reboot corrupts the universe even more, data is lost, we will probably lose the billions killed by the Gray Death and the universe comes ever to ULTIMATE DOOM.

I'm beginning to think IAE was created like AI Goddesss Yua: The Masters sacrificed their world (or even their universe) somehow and IAE became the Observer. The Observer is their sphere. This also mirrors how the Spheres ascended and got the Observer's attention: Sacrificing worlds in order to turn into Stargods/Terminals of the Observer. Dio's war on the Spheres was probably a attempt to get at IAE and stop those world-sacrificing fucks from fucking with the Great game by flooding worlds with Terasphagos and sacrficing planets and whatnot.

Also, I'm betting the Unseen show up in the final battle and the Ghostapocalypse gets started, because of the nature of Rei's death (it was like a wipe from the Akashic records).

I think the choice on who becomes God will be the last choice on this CYOA. It is clear the multiverse needs a God, a REAL ONE, not passive observer deistic vouyeur "god", and the nature of our choice determines how the next universe will be.
So far we got:
1. Senya
2. Dio
3. Ean (and possibly Sekhenun as well, together with him)
4. Shulgi
5. Adrahasis

(I think Yua would've been a option had she become a AI goddess. Also we lost Rei)

Or maybe Treave surprises us all by having them become a pantheon rather a single god ascending. Ean as Supreme God ruling the pantheon with his mighty Vajra thunderbolts and charismatic honest style, Sekhenun is the mother-goddess (OF SCIENCE!), Senya is the God of Science/Genius, Shulgi is the Trickster/Troller God, Adrahasis is the God of Strategy, etc. Also, Dio becomes Satan/Apophis equivalent or is cast down forever, Cronos-style.

I hope whorever becomes God can also assume humanoid form and ocasionaly smites some fools.

Esquilax

Arcane
I'm not sure I share your optimism regading the Varja "hint". Just because it has settings doesn't mean it has settings that will be useful to us. And if you are certain Dio isn't lying about the reset*, then don't you think that the other Masters within the Void will have the capability to reset the universe too? Isn't then defeating them there without Senya's help as the new Observer a dangerous proposition as they could just threaten a reset themselves? Additionally, a freaking Varja fortress** is going to be tough to take on - even as the devourer.

Shulgi figured out how to manipulate their tech, why can't Senya?

“You think your mastery over the voices surpasses mine?” Shulgi laughs. “I figured out how to turn myself into one, but I needed access to your technology to restore myself.”

*I'm sure there is one, I'm not sure Dio can trigger it by intent - he ordered the Masters to use their Varjas, but he doesn't have one. All the weapons he has used are bladed weapons. The most Master like thing we've seen him do is use the device to shut us down, but it was the others who trapped us in that body to begin with. It may be that the Masters that are higher up in the food chain don't trust him with that level of power OR that he can't use those powers as he is not one of the original "custodians". Also, the fact that we're in a place where ghosts can die may prevent him from sending the command, if he can.

Great observation on Dio - he doesn't possess any of their weaponry, which is curious. As for "infinite Vajra Shulas" yes, they have that, but we have Shulgi Reborn, Ean has absorbed the Devourer, and our fleet has come through, potentially allowing us to use our Jupiter Bomb as a bluff. I don't think that we are helpless here. They've anticipated our arrival, of course, but we're still in the fight.

Bros, when Dio is backed into a corner, what does he do? He lies. He thinks up the biggest lie possible and tells it with a straight face. This feels like a "make the choice to save someone and end up causing their death" kind of thing. Sort of like how we just did with Rei, or how we originally did with Kyrie. Dio is lying. You can always tell when he's lying because of his big, fat smile. Don't say I didn't warn you.

Yeah, but what exactly is he lying about? That's the tricky part. I certainly don't think he's lying about the reset, because if he were, he would be very stupid. He knew that Senya's powers would come back once the bodies returned, so he would be very stupid if he didn't have a precautionary measure for that situation. He's lying about a lot of shit, but not this.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Well, A or B, it doesn't matter in the long run, now that we've reached this stage of his plan.

Gain power. I need power and status enough to challenge the Star League, the Mushuszu Empire, and bring humanity back onto the road it should have travelled. Screw these immortals and their twisted games. No gods, no masters.

No one can stop Senya now. :troll:

Baltika9

Arcane
That means we get a chance at the "Ean, Shulgi and Senya in a dingy bar on the outskirts of the Galaxy" ending. I can live with that.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
A wins, but I'll have the update out a bit later.

Interestingly, had you chosen to sacrifice Rei, you would encounter a similar scene to this one, where Dio holds the universe hostage, but Senya would have killed Dio anyway, regardless of the consequences.

TOME

Cuckmaster General
Well that was Epic. And anime. All that is missing is necromancy.

No guys, we should have killed the lying bastard.

We WILL kill the lying bastard, he just got a few minutes lease on life. If Senya doesn't do it, Ean or Shulgi will. Or maybe while the leaders are drinking fine wine over the smoking bodies of the Masters and Dio is off skulking, someone (Sekh? Adrasteia? Jherverg? Erika?) remembers Dio and brings him over so we can take turns lynching him.

Baltika9

Arcane
Interestingly, had you chosen to sacrifice Rei, you would encounter a similar scene to this one, where Dio holds the universe hostage, but Senya would have killed Dio anyway, regardless of the consequences.
No regrets, I'm glad we solidified Senya's abandonment of his old dickish self.

TOME

Cuckmaster General
And if it is true, there is another battle raging on where masters will die so our universe is fucked anyway. Only question is, can Senya restore it?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom