Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] Epic

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Ho-hum. Tentative A here, we want the forces to fight the emperor, right? The more the better.
And we still harbor an alien, so maybe going the diplo route isn't the most obvious.

Then again, we are building a giant death robot, so maybe we won't need the military as much as we need their production facilities.

I could be swayed. Let's hear the arguments.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Whoohoo! Though it would have been better had we done this before Kyrie got gooed/ghosted...

B - Destroying things usually turns out best for us.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
It couldn't have been done without her getting disassembled, but I'll let Sekhenun explain that.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
It's probably a good thing we've got the brains of the outfit here though. Maybe Sekh together with Senya can help us to not do insipidly stupid things, like we managed to do a couple of times with Ean. :M

Baltika9

Arcane
Ha-ha, fuck yes! :love:
Maybe now we can piece together some truly EPIC! shit. Wonder if she can give us a flower Ean before the invasion.
Sekhenun! :love:
I knew you'd come around, bro, welcome to the tentacle lover's club.

Although I'm not a hundred percent sure as to what exactly we'll use to get them on our side. Or what would happen had we accompanied Rei. treave?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
If you stopped Selkhet from wandering in you get Ean. As for the officers the current disorganized state of the Fed is worrying some of them.

Anabanana

Augur
OMG SEKHIE YOU'RE BACK I MISSED YOU SO MUCH!:love:

*cough* Anyway, damn. That was a great infodump that cleared up a lot of our questions, but we probably really should've gotten this over and done with waaay back when, huh? And it turns out the whole "there is a whole reality outside of this reality" thing is pretty much unfounded with no evidence to support it. Well then.

In any case, I think B is more like backfire; trying to damage them seriously is probably just going to get them to rally and re-organize themselves around beating us, the common enemy, and then what will we do? We didn't get Ean, the guy who could've helped us blow more things up. Diplomacy is probably not such a great idea since we're known for harbouring aliens... so A is probably the optimal choice here? That said, I could be persuaded to sway to C. I'll wait for a bit longer to vote.

EDIT:

If you stopped Selkhet from wandering in you get Ean. As for the officers the current disorganized state of the Fed is worrying some of them.

Huh, seems like that'll give us an in with them. Let's go with C.

Baltika9

Arcane
Oh well, what's done is done. Guess we'll just have to keep Sek long enough to give us our BRO back. I'm pretty sure Senya and Ean can agree on a lot of stuff. Other things, not so much, maybe. Oh, who am I kidding, the Lothal drop alone is worth a million bropoints with him.
Enough nostalgia for now: not satisfied with the Feds, you say? Seems like the perfect opportunity to take their best and brightest away from them: appeal to their needs and ambitions, and the urgency of Marduk's crusade. We are the more competent of the two factions here. Any sight of Vic G Camna?

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Sekhenun came back by possessing Selkhet though. If Ean can only come back through possession, would he have taken over Senya's body? Or Rei's?

COSMIC GENDER BENDER!

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
It'll be explained in the next update what happened at the hideout. No 'possession' was supposed to have been involved though.

Baltika9

Arcane
Hmm, all we need to do now is somehow extract Shilgi's nanites out of the Sin and we'll have the old band back together.

Except Naram, but noone needs him anyway.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
He's spent the past thousand years in a mind meld with a tentacle monster, nothing can faze him anymore. :lol:

Tigranes

Arcane
Guys, I'm not sure about C. As far as the lower officers are concerned, (1) Public Enemy no.1 of the Universe + weird alien is apparently the target of the Empire's ire, with no real reason to disbelieve it; (2) Federation leadership is being pretty idiotic; (3) There has been no positive proof whatsoever that Senya and his faction's combat capacity and thus chances of victory. Why would anyone come over to our side now? Despite our campaign on Earth and our association with Iannes we still remain at least as suspicious as Julia and the Federation, and we don't have any reputation as a 'winning side'.

I'm thinking A is necessary before we can start turncoating, though there's a risk this will finally unite the squabbling Federation elites... hopefully Senya Awakened + Sekhenun is enough when that happens.

Baltika9

Arcane
though there's a risk this will finally unite the squabbling Federation elites... hopefully Senya Awakened + Sekhenun is enough when that happens.
My concern precisely. Which is why I'm going for C: Senya's bullshitting skills are nothing short of masterful. I bet we can leverage Kyrie's false death, the squabbling and incompetence of their superiors and Marduk's approach to get a good chunk onto our side. The rest have too good a chance to unite them.

Besides, our father's ambush seems to have gone ss planned. That should be enough proof of our skills. I have faith in C.

Uh-oh. Lambchop19 posted here, Sekh just got revived, and he still did not vote to cut off her head and put it in a jar?!? o_O
*sigh* Why must you think of me as some jar-obsessed lunatic, Azira? Yes, I do have a seven part master plan for putting Sek's head in a jar and yes, reviving her is step 4 - but I fail to see why you expect me to bring it up every update... :M
edit:
Though seriously D - Head. Jar. Now.
(if D doesn't take it, then B>A Not really sure right now...)

Baltika9

Arcane
Why do you guys think it's a bright idea to strike at the Fed directly and in mass, with our miniscule fleet? This will likely just unite them into a coherent force. Humiluate or undermine should be our goal here. In fact, if C is losing, pin me for A. Although, what's Senya's plan in C, just roll up and "hey, wanna join my super-cool rebel band? We have tentacles."
He's spent the past thousand years in a mind meld with a tentacle monster, nothing can faze him anymore. :lol:
Considering what Ean's mind went through with the Spheres, I think the roles should be reversed, no? :lol:
What were they doing for that thousand years anyway, talking?

And I guess this whole numbers and infirmation thing makes Senya the more XTREME version of Neo.

Yeah, I'd like to hear a little more of the plan for each too. I doubt we can actually pull off B without holes or some other sort of dirty trick being involved...

ScubaV

Prophet
Sekhenun: :love:

Possibility of Ean: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

We've got to be able to get Ean back in time to face Marduk. That would just be too...EPIC!

As for the current vote, right now I'm C>A>B, but I could be persuaded to switch C with A.

Baltika9

Arcane
We've got to be able to get Ean back in time to face Marduk. That would just be too...EPIC!
Yeah, if we get him in time, I'm definitely ramming our CF into Marduk's ship and landing Ean and Co. in. Just for AWESOME!

Or setting up an ambush on Earth, wouldn't that be ironic?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom