Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] Epic

Baltika9

Arcane
Before I even start planning, is there any way Senya thinks he can sway some of the Federation's military to his side? Or did our unholy alliances pretty much destroy any chance of that.

So far leaning towards unlocking our psycho twin, spreading the black hole tech through our forces (although I'm pretty sure our dark side can pull some funky shit with if we focus on pimping out our personal CF's BHG) keeping the mainframe and fighting.

We fought too long for Terra to hand it over to the bitch now. Hope she chokes on a fishbone on her way here.

By the way, hilarious way to parody the little insanity some of us (me) had with Sek. :love:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
You're on your own. You're harbouring cultists FFS. Oh right, let me add another option. 'Diplomacy' with the Federation. Had we picked up Twintails, or at least her non-functioning body, you'd have been able to use her as a SLAM DUNK! against Julia in an open meeting.

Killed your own daughter, turned her into a killing machine? (Technically not true but she can't refute it) Kiss your political career goodbye.

Baltika9

Arcane
Can't we just Black-Hole teleport to him and back? I always did think Marduk was a p.cool dude.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Fair enough. Option E.

Bear in mind you'll be doing this almost immediately so all the other parts of the choices won't apply.

As for getting back, it'll take about a week to recharge, so be prepared for a stay when you get there.

Baltika9

Arcane
Maybe he's not the same he was when he left for the rift. And Ares did jump inside, so maybe he latched onto him and, voilà, Dragon Emprah.

Yeah, I'm leaning to either fighting till the last or joining the Empire.

By the way, completely off topic, was that Master who dwelt in the Void and possesed Naram, Yahweh?

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I'm ready. I'll vote now. Here goes:

B lay the smack-down on Julia's puppets. Unite Mankind!
A unleash the power, hopefully we can resist it taking us over if we're not unconscious while it happens. Besides, we need the power for the next choices.
B Mega-mech time!
B we need that computing power for our mega-mech..

TOME

Cuckmaster General
This is also the first time I am looking at the twin moons of the Earth. One is the familiar sphere that I have always seen... well, almost familiar. Dark furrows scour its surface, entire plains blasted away by deadly fire. Those were where the Inanna flowers had once been growing and were then destroyed by Indus forces. Another is a slightly smaller sphere; smooth, white and featureless. It reminds me of the other dimension that I briefly visited during my time as an investigator, and it unnerves me.

What's the story behind this? Did I miss something? If we can take the last Inanna flower and there is some explanation with the twin moons, I'm inclined to vote CxBB. Run away and buy time to build the ultimate CF. I'm also inclined to go 2A. We can't depend on one combat frame.

CABB for now.

Rex Feral

Prophet
ABBB

As for how I want it done. Assassinate Julia take over the Federation or at least use the opportunity to cripple them for good. Take over Earth defenses and use their resources as well as Rei's powers to make ourselves some sort of Super Sayan CF. Then go after the Emperor and assassinate him too (preferably by sending him down a black hole). This will probably halt the Crusade by some extent, at least.

Also in case things go wrong and all goes to hell we should have Erika nearby to unlock our latent powers, but only as a last resort, since last time we went on a killing spree.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Yeah! Um, treave, where's the assassinate Yulia option? Helloooo - black hole cannon anyone? Heck, we could just place some gravity mines on her ship and say it was an accident or something - like we did with the mafia families on Earth...or poison her...or simply sneak up behind her and cut her in half...just whack her over the head with something! Anyway, there's no reason we have to stand by and fight the whole federation is there?

B - We haven't enough evidence to call her to the carpet, so...
A - We need the POWAH.
A B - I may flop to B on this, but if humanity is going to fight the masters... (@treave, so making the mass production black hole generators wouldn't actually give us a black hole fleet YET?) This will make Rei and Senya into the saviors of Earth and give us the power to stand against the league and the empire - unless the dragon emp. kills us with varja...but whatever.
B - Screw the league. They have no idea what this is capable of. They were actually going to put this in a single mech?! This thing isn't just any piece of Master tech. I have a feeling it could the basis for much of their power. The ability to predict the future, the ability to hack the universe etc...

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
No reason you can't off her, no. Nothing stopping you from doing it in B. All B says is that you fight them. Doesn't say how or where.

Generators don't magically generate the ships around it. You still have to build them, and right now you don't have a factory to do it with. That, and dumping a high tech generator into a junk ship does you no good. You need to design new weapons and defenses to make use of the output.

Sounds like years worth of work. So how is that going to help us against teh Emperah in three months?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Use the Federation's production capabilities once you defeat them. They have hundreds of factory satellites and dozens of shipyards. You will also convert the Apophis into a factory satellite of the Gate , though it has less production capability.

That pretty much settles it for me for 3A then. I'd rather not build a super-mech, only to have the Emperor of Dragon Age (?) lay the smackdown on us with Varja...

edit:
Though with Rei as our co-pilot maybe that wouldn't happen...? I don't know... Still so tempting...

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Ok, no shortcut taking.

First let's get this Federation business out of the way. Then let's build ourselves a fleet. THEN we can talk to Marduk.

B. Face down the Federation. If it's a fight they want, it's a fight they'll get. Humanity must be united before the Empire arrives if we are to offer meaningful resistance, and if I've to break a few eggs to get there, so be it.
B. I don't. It is still a dangerous proposition and things are far too critical now for me to risk messing up my own mind.
A. Begin designing a mass-production version of the black hole generator. This is not the time to be stingy - I want to ensure every one of my allies has access to this power. I cannot fight a hundred thousand warships alone... well, not with any of the current mechs. This will bring me one step closer to creating fleets powered by black hole technology.
B. I keep the quantum computer - I will require it to maximize the potential of the black hole technology, and besides, Yua seems to like operating on it a lot.

Baltika9

Arcane
Meh, Marduk's p.cool, but he's not worth our bros and sis's.
BAAB
Bros, we need our dark side here. He is a part of us and being in denial about it won't solve anything. Unloock him, deal with him and come to peace with all our memories. Our willpower is strong enough for that, I'm sure.

TOME

Cuckmaster General
I don't think it is right choice to give out the black hole tech for mass production. Sure we'll defeat the crusade but what is stopping the star league acquiring it once it is given out to every ship? How will we defeat star league's crusade armed with BHC?

Baltika9

Arcane
We won't be giving them shit: most of their armada is pushing towards the Empire's homeworld. Even if most of it survives, they'll still need a shitton of time to get to us, giving us a chance to rebuild.

Assuming we defeat the Federation and the Empire (tall order, I know) I doubt they'll even want to mess with us. And if they do, well, nothing wrong with kicking their asses, too. :smug:

But, seriously, best focus on the here and now. If we loose this, there won't be a long-term.

Jester

Arbiter
1B - pay back time and "all your bases belong to us".
2B - A is just getting the key or attempting to use it? I consider our mini me wild card and i still don't see reason to went nuts for now... mby next update. :lol:
3A - depending on one unit is quite risky in my opinion, would expect some EMP shot used on it or mby its will be like "sometime you can win fight, but loose war" option. Fleet will be useful in counterattack on empire and attacking multiple targets if needed like this operation of League, frame wont give us this.
4B - Its time to use our brain. Senya did make Ahnur, true AI and few others breakthroughs so its probably our chance to reach superior tech than our opponents its add bonus RP in 4x games it usually wins the game. I guess computer can be used to coordinate and monitor all our forces in upcoming battle, mby even more if it can predict future.

Tigranes

Arcane
Everyone seems to want to prepare for war against the Empire, and this isn't such a bad idea if we can do it right, especially since the Star League will be up their arse. We just need to make sure that everything we do before Marduk arrives is done to perfection. I feel like we don't have enough 'evidence' to denounce Julia in public (after all, to most of the population we are still Senya the World-Destroyer), and certainly not successfully enough to quiet all dissent and squabbles in 3 months' time. Assassination could work, I suppose, though it would be a pretty black mark on Senya's karma if after everything Selkhet ends up being killed or whatnot in the process. I'm leaning towards 1B for now but am open to arguments. Weirdly we all seem to be just voting rather than making arguments, for such a critical choice?

Otherwise, I feel like there are certain combinations that make sense: e.g. xABB is a solution where we focus all the quantum-augmented BHC powers onto the mech, and to ensure that Senya is up to basically putting all the eggs in one basket and chucking that basket Marduk's way, his psyche is unlocked. Or we could go for a BHC army which arguably is a more prudent choice and also prepares humanity in the long run, but I wonder if we can ensure taht the tech isn't leaked to the enemy side?

BBAB for now, but this I think is far too safe to really succeed; keep our sanity intact, keep the computer, etc.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom