Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] Epic

a cut of domestic sheep prime

It wouldn't. What would happen is that the energy fries you and the nearest region of space while collapsing the wormhole at the same time, with minimal damage done to the star.

What you want is to find a way to connect the hearts of every star in the galaxy, creating a gigantic Galactic Hyperspatial Supernova. That'll do the job.
Or just connect a wormhole to the star while aiming our end of it directly at the planet. Farscape style. The only question would be whether we could get away in time. If we were in open space, the stellar material would explode outward and almost certainly fry us, however, I would think the gravity of a planet would draw it in there first...

edit: of course, I'm not proposing this. Yet. After all, we have no reason to want the Emperor dead. He is serving his purpose in distracting the league from finishing the game and besides, we want his pieces of Varja.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
If you're close enough for planetary gravity to draw in star spooge you're probably too close to escape the blast. Also you'll need to pump in serious amounts of energy to keep the wormhole open against the mass of the star you're connected to, and even more if you want to use your gravity control to funnel the blast towards the planet.

Probably less energy intensive for the generator to just form and shoot a black hole at the planet. The system is already there anyway... just a matter of scale.

A - We don't want the Emperor to eat Rei and become some sort of god of creation... The question is: Why would the Empire want the base? Does Marduk (or the Ean clone or whatever the Emperor is) know about Rei? If not, why go after the base except for the Gieloth? If the Emperor is Marduk (which seems doubtful given that the Spirit is an immortal rather than a Gieloth) did the Gieloth on board send him a message to pick her up or something? Is there a piece of Varja on the base we don't know about?

2 - I guess cutting the strings could let the tactician think we are running and have him send one of the cruisers toward the jump point. I'm not sure about this choice, but hey, we've got two days of waiting, so...

Jester

Arbiter
wow Hyperspace Supernova sounds like end of world.

A2 - Its not good to show everything to tacticians they tend to use rather well against opponent. We don't wish for him to get either Rei or Lili the Gieloth. Especially Rei as she is our counter part. We can attempt to cut tracking device later if needed giving him less time to react and he knows what is in database so going to asteroid with lash shouldn't be to bad.

I expect that there are some forces near jump point to cut that route. Going for leader is to risky in my opinion and far to flashy if we wish to be magnificent bastard we should be more enigmatic. D is ok still i don't see twin tails as our Kyrie so i am not interested in this. 1 would be good if combined with something surprising so A 1 is possible to if we wish to try get there unexpected ... hmm cult forces aren't allied with League if i am correct so mby it would be hard to imagine that we will try to assist them especially when enemy is not aware who Senya is.

Can we cut Mere memory or brainwash her with Cyber tentacles if we met Lili about us annihilating immortal?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Well if the Gieloth so happens to be on board, you should be able to convince her to help you do 'stuff'.

Alternatively, regain more control over your powers and gain the ability to 'kill' memories. :troll:

Jester

Arbiter
Well if the Gieloth so happens to be on board, you should be able to convince her to help you do 'stuff'.

Alternatively, regain more control over your powers and gain the ability to 'kill' memories. :troll:
This post gives us hope for some multiple tentacle rape scene.
:mhd:
mby not everything is lost.
:troll:

ScubaV

Prophet
I do agree with choosing A, however, I'm not convinced that 2 is better than 1. If Rei is so important then do we really want the Tactician to know what we're doing? 2 does keep open some possibilities for manipulation later, but I'm not sure it's worth the risk.

Rex Feral

Prophet
A1 for me

Synergies seem to be A1, B1 or C2, D2...since it wouldn't do much harm for him to know we're legging it while him knowing us going with B. eliminates the element of surprise entirely.

Kayerts

Arcane
If the Emperor is Marduk (which seems doubtful given that the Spirit is an immortal rather than a Gieloth)

Treave quote from earlier:

As for the Empire, all I'll say is that the Musussu displayed prominently on Imperial heraldry isn't a Chinese dragon...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mušḫuššu :
The mušḫuššu [...] is a creature depicted on the reconstructedIshtar Gate of the city of Babylon, originally dating to the 6th century B.C. It is a mythological hybrid, a scalydragon with hind legs like an eagle's talons and feline forelegs. It also has a long neck and tail, a horned head, a snakelike tongue and a crest.
[..]
Mušḫuššu is associated with Marduk.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
So the dragon is associated with Marduk, and the Imperial Immortals don't consider themselves to be of the same kind as the Leagues's. Remember Concordiat? They had Gieloth-Immortal hybrids. Maybe that's how the Empire rolls?

Kayerts
Perhaps. Still, I'm not convinced. My Ean's severed penis growing into a clone of Ean theory has still not been disproven.:M

Baltika9

Arcane
“Who are you?” asks Adrahasis for the third time, his face now perplexed. “I am Bel-Adrahasis, Tactician of the Empire. Give me your name.”
Brains, meet Balls. Awesome update.
Going for A2: Belly-A already knows that we have info on their plans for Rei and someone of his caliber will probably be expecting us there now. Hence, let him believe he's got us figured and pull a double surprise to rescue Rei.
Those fuckers aren't getting hands on our sister.
Or just connect a wormhole to the star while aiming our end of it directly at the planet. Farscape style. The only question would be whether we could get away in time. If we were in open space, the stellar material would explode outward and almost certainly fry us, however, I would think the gravity of a planet would draw it in there first...
Why not just open a wormhole on the path of a massive asteroid and play some cue sports in space?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
How the strings work is that they detect your spatial location, and they are connected to you, Erika, Mere and the Spirit of Adventure. He can't read your minds or know what you're doing, only where you are. Cutting it will allow you to operate under a cloak of anonymity again, but leaving it open might cause him to make assumptions and overthink things.

It's up to you which you think might be preferable in this scenario; both have their advantages.

I would think leaving them intact would freak him out the most in A's scenario. I mean, if we cut them, he'll assume we ran. But if we leave them and he sees we're staying he might start to wonder...

After all, we'd be insane to stay...unless we had backup on the way. I mean, we guessed his trap, right? For all he knows, we prepared for it beforehand. And if he thinks backup is on its way, then maybe he'll conclude that he should pull back his forces and wait before rushing in to *our* "trap"...

That or he'd assume our ship was damaged and that we are helpless to escape.

Of course, surprising him with our presence could also be good...

Baltika9

Arcane
A1-4
A2-6

Have trouble understanding why it is a good idea to show Belly-A all our tricks and talents at once: we already spooked him with our performance here and that will work towards our advantage. As soon as he realizes where we're going, he'll start planning for an elaborate counter to every possibility... only for us to do the one thing he doesn't ecpect us to do.

I will also be disappointed if there won't be a "you don't fuck with my (nympho) sister!" choice.

Anabanana

Augur
A2.

If Belly is heading our way, that should hopefully make tracking him back through the lines easier even though we might not have his mental reach, since he'll be closer to us.

Jester

Arbiter
hmm i wonder if we cut the lash will he get psy feedback and how severe will it be.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Fight or Flight

As the hours tick away, I begin to perceive Adrahasis’s presence through the lines. From what I have felt of his powers, I now know it has a limit - the lines can be stretched too thin and snap should the target move too far, but right now we are anything but too far. The lines begin to thicken and shorten as he draws closer with his fleet.

Two cruisers? I never believed a word of that, especially after I found out that part of the reason he was here was to capture an asteroid.

That is no easy task – considering that the cult was still armed when it fled Earth space, the Apophis could have been remodelled into a mobile space fortress much the same as the Gate of Ean. Two cruisers would never be sufficient to take it. I suspected there should be at least twenty ships – enough to reduce the asteroid into rubble if capturing it fails. However, they would not arrive all at once.

I can feel Adrahasis’s approach slowing. My continued presence here has made him cautious. If he slows down now he will not arrive in time to prevent me from meeting up with Rei.

That is all I need.

Three hours before the expected arrival of the Empire, we make contact with the Apophis.

The asteroid is preceded by an advance force of two small scout ships, larger and more self-reliant than a shuttle yet smaller than a cruiser. We make our presence known to them, informing the scouts that the Messiah’s brother would like to speak to her. Within minutes, Rei’s face had popped up on the screen. She hasn’t changed much - her clothes are less resplendent nowadays, and there’s a bit more worry in her face, but her poise is still as striking as ever.

“Hey there, sis.”

“So, you haved awakened.” She seems slightly happy to see me, but not overly enthused about it.

“I’ve stopped sleeping,” I correct her with a sly smile. “Awakening is something that I should do at a rather more dramatic point in the story. Anyway, shouldn’t you be more surprised to see me here?”

“I received a message that you would likely be here.”

“Who did you get it from?”

“Ah…” Her eyes dart downwards for a second. “That’s not important. I was only told that you would be here, not why.”

“The why is a rather lengthy story, but I can tell you what is going to happen right now.” I nod confidently. “Shortly, there will be an explosion in that direction-“ I wave my arm vaguely to my right, and right on cue, there is a flash of light. “-which means that the Mushuszu Empire’s scouts have run right into our proximity mines. The main fleet should be along in another two hours. They’ll have at least twenty warships with them, and they are after you.”

Rei frowns and turns to bark some orders at some offscreen underling.

“Why would they be after us – oh.” Her frown deepens into a scowl. “The Messenger. On our journey I’ve heard rumours that there was this emperor taking an interest in her whereabouts.”

“Is she still with you?” I ask.

“Yes, she’s working with us. The cultists needed something to believe in, and after what happened to Earth… she made herself that focus of belief.”

I don’t like the sound of that. “What about you? I thought they worshipped you.”

“My failure to prevent you from bringing about the apocalypse shook their faith in me. You… don’t remember what you did to them and Mother?”

“No. Was it bloody?”

She nods. “Let’s just say that they were extremely panicked when they called me up just now saying that you were here. The scouts thought you had come to finish the job.”

“Oh.”

“I am still in charge of things on the asteroid, but the Messenger helps to keep their spirits up. Without her, they would have fallen into despair long ago.”

“That sounds a bit too good to be true. Are you sure you can trust her?”

“I’m not sure, but it is all I can do for my people. Now, what are we going to do about the enemy fleet? I hope you understand that I am not going to surrender to them.”

“What forces do you have there?”

“Not much – just four scout ships, a single cruiser and one CF.”

“That’s not much. A head-on battle would be suicide. I could bring us out of here with a wormhole, but with the amount of energy I have it wouldn’t be stable enough to allow a ship or an entire asteroid to pass – only a single CF.

“Then you should escape from here,” says Rei firmly. “This is not your fight.”

"I can't abandon my friends," I say without batting an eyelash. Of course, if Mere Tarliss even thinks I'm going to abandon her odds are I won't survive to get to killed by Adrahasis. The White Fang would cheerfully join in too, so there would be no help from that quarter.

“Wait, you say that you don’t have enough energy to stabilize the wormhole?”

“Yeah. The reactor isn’t fully charged up yet.”

“Tell me how it works. Quickly.”

I spend the next few minutes explaining the black hole generator to her. When I’ve finished, she gives a tight smile.

“I think I can charge your generator with energy.”

“You can- what?”

“I can create energy. Given what you’ve just told me, I should be able to help you create a wormhole large enough for the asteroid to pass through.”

“That’s…” Well, it looks like someone’s been growing by leaps and bounds. I almost feel inadequate. “That is an option.” I wonder if I should take it. If she can charge it enough for me to create a wormhole that size, I can also do something else with all that power…

A. Work together with Rei to create a wormhole stable enough for the Independent Spirit of Adventure and the Apophis to pass through. This is the safest and most reliable way to ensure our escape.

BLACK HOLE CANNON. I'll wipe out their fleet with one shot. *evil laughter*

C. Attempt to negotiate with the Empire to surrender the Messenger in return for safe passage. I am not obligated to protect her, and if it is just the Gieloth that they want they are welcome to it.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Brownie points!

Time to put some trust in sis, buddy up and save everyone! Yeah.

Although that black hole cannon sounds wonderful as well, I'd rather not we tip Senya's hand about that just yet.

A

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
C brings us into unnecessary conflict with Rei. She has need of the Messenger in order to properly run the Cult, and the whole deal they have between them seems stable, at least for now. It's right out.

B sounds cool, but Rei is the essence of creation. I'm not sure she'd like her powers to be used destructively, or, for that matter, is it at all possible to use them destructively. I'd like to try it, but I've no idea if it will work.

A means we'll be bringing the last? Gieloth into the wormhole, where the Master could reach it (though, for all we know, they might as well be able reach her in normal space anyway). I'm not sure we should be trying it, with the Messenger's safety in mind.

I will hear your arguments for A or B guys.

A, but what about those strings, treave? Can we choose to cut them before entering the wormhole? I'd rather not have a certain gentleman follow the strings back and make an alliance with our enemy...

B sounds cool, but what happens if more ships are coming from the OTHER DIRECTION? We'd have expended our one shot and we'd be toast.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
You could cut the strings, but it would be rather pointless since his perception can't stretch past the wormhole.

As for the cannon, wiping out an entire fleet tends to do wonders for the enemy's morale. Obviously you're not so stupid as to prematurely blow your shot.

Rex Feral

Prophet
B sounds more like Backfire.

Although I wished we could have saved Kyrie and the rest of Mere's crew, right now, A sounds like the best option.

I'm not even considering C.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom