Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] Epic

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Huh. Sounds like it would have turned out rather well... :(

Kipeci

Arcane
We have to have some kind of talent for choosing the worst possible options at the most critical points.

Bloodshifter

Educated
*insert Snarky Snark here.*
Once again once again...
What have we learned?
Ean=Awesome

Senya=Waiting For Shit to Hit Le Fan!

I'll vote for this one since its a Mood Setter.

EB

Senya's Mindset is very Dangerous root wishes for Chaos ULTIMATE TROLL LEVEL CHAOS Releasing the Sphere Self into the Land will not solve anything. Now having Humanity overthrow Immortals? That will be Ean's Greatest Legacy.

Jester

Arbiter
Actually root have kinda awesome idea there. I can see Senya going insane choosing rejection over guilt, but he is driven by how hellish this place has become rather than menace. Will hope win down the road or hatred to very structure of this world, if he will lose more there will be no going back to Mr Nice Guy. Preferably i would like to torch mini me. Time to go Emperor Vader on universe.
Ok i still vote B but gonna flop to C if it can win.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
To be fair, A is probably the best chance to keep Senya psychologically stable. It's not a guilt-ridden angst-fest in the making, but an attempt to accept that mistakes were made and identify the need to fix it, perhaps by finding a way to revitalize the Earth.

Then again that might not be as fun compared to sending your fanatical followers on a holy war that reduces a million worlds to the same state that Earth is in. :lol:

Jester

Arbiter
To be fair, A is probably the best chance to keep Senya psychologically stable. It's not a guilt-ridden angst-fest in the making, but an attempt to accept that mistakes were made and identify the need to fix it, perhaps by finding a way to revitalize the Earth.

Then again that might not be as fun compared to sending your fanatical followers on a holy war that reduces a million worlds to the same state that Earth is in. :lol:

Treave are you telling me that we can become new Paul Atreides? Guess Earth become quite nice place to train freemen, still prefer house Ordos. Or maybe little Game of Enders.

If not time to research stellar converter/death star and shatter some worlds master of orion/SW style. :D

Does B and C close possibility of repair earth?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
You won't get a reason to invest your resources into fixing Earth if you're looking for power, or if you believe this is a false reality. In the former you can climb to power faster by exploiting the poor living conditions, and in the latter why would you even bother?

Bloodshifter

Educated
i give no shits about any legacies. you're a gutless coward unable to do what must be done.
your insanity is just a mask; i expected more of you.
pff.
scum

if EB is on the lead I switch my vote to EA. otherwise it'll be EC.
But root-kun I never said I was insane I fortold the coming of the stargods the malipulation of Humanity *albiet it wasn't a Enemy Immortal* I warned you of the choice of waiting. I blew a whistle at many of Senya's key points even pointed out what Shulgi tried doing to us. *Mini-me wasn't all that much of a surprise I expected that fragment but he did take whay I thought he would do and Cranked it to 11*

~mou but no one listened to little ol' me despite Treave calling me out on it.

Ora Ora look at me trying to defend myself while belittling everyone and skipping all the times I have been wrong... not very nice I'll admit but *shrugs* Codex be Dexing.

I'll flop to...

EA might as well.

Edit: also I may be in a body Cast but do you really want to face a Marine in Single Combat? My Drill Sarge Knows plenty of other ways to get our ass kicked other then simply saying your wrong you know.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
so EC seems the best choice, really

I claim the right of Amtal. he who will stand against C, let him face me in single combat.

I suppose if you are interested in a tragic tale, yeah. It's certainly thematically appropriate, having the monster they unwittingly created with their callous actions become their downfall.

Jester

Arbiter
You won't get a reason to invest your resources into fixing Earth if you're looking for power, or if you believe this is a false reality. In the former you can climb to power faster by exploiting the poor living conditions, and in the latter why would you even bother?
Isn't there a bunch of people who did it already? If we will be able to start repair of Terra conditions we will become Messiah of Inanna bringing salvation to all in opposition to several bands of survivors who probably gonna fall to our feet. Today NOD had risen, we sacrifice our lives IN THE NAME OF SENYA. Little bit of propaganda and manipulation can achieve it. Preferably i would terraform small area as sign of our paradise given to faithful there will be millions of hope driven followers.

the bud somehow fertilized the soil and recycled the air inside its little tank
We got literal last specimen of terraforming flower ffs i say we use it.

The legacy he left behind in the Inanna flowers is more than capable of aiding them to do so.
Last gamble it is time to become a human who will set aflame gods realm.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Uh.

You pick C, you're going for Senya being a missionary of fear, the prophet who will lead the faithful from this false, broken reality and ascend into paradise. That paradise is not on Earth or anywhere in this universe.

Why would you actually even be interested in fixing the Earth and undermining your own preaching?

The whole point is to induce crippling terror and despair. C Senya would rather finish the job his other self started and introduce the Gray Death nanoswarm to the colonies. Terraforming is not on his agenda. Period.

Makes no sense at all.

As for the B mindset, nanotechnology is banned by the Star League, who have zero interest in researching it for certain reasons. The ability to terraform might be precious to the remaining people on Earth, but that isn't going to get you anywhere near the corridors of power. No one in the higher ups are interested in it. It cannot serve as a bargaining chip for power or status... so B Senya wouldn't really bother either, at least for now. There's more practical ways to get power.

ScubaV

Prophet
Is this the part where I get to say: I TOLD YOU SO!? You dun goofed. Consequences will never be the same.

Okay, now that's out of the way. It's not going to win, but I feel it's time to close the Senya segment and move on to something new. Thus I vote CD.

You guys are being such pussies. So we suffered a huge defeat. So what? We're still kicking.

Most of you are voting to have our own cult. Why? I mean, A has us on a guilt trip that we have to do whatever we can to help whoever we can. Does that sounds like a great cult leader to you? Is Senya going to have his cult do people's gardening or hand out flowers at the airport?

For frick's sake, quit looking at the bad side of this and start looking at the good. Senya is now free of all emotional attachments. We can use him to lead the empire of man as we conquer the stars. With his powers he may even be able to kill a master or two. I mean, hasn't this been what we all wanted since the beginging? The chance to lead humanity to victory in an intergalactic battle royale? To have our character take the throne and become god-emperor of mankind?

Enough of the wussie shit. Let's crack some skulls.

Tigranes

Arcane
Geez. Seems like I always miss the Huge Important Votes (HIV).

Poor Senya never really warmed to me like Ean and Dio. But then, the Senya-era world didn't do much for me, either, though I assume that if we finish his arc we'd do an even bigger timeskip.

But as lambchop says, while we're with Senya, we might as well do our best and keep on truckin'. And Senya never struck me as a ruthless person, he's much more of an Ean-lite than Dio-lite. EA.

aleam iacis

Liturgist
Codex USB, 2014 BattleTech
Pretty awesome! I mean, it's not the path I would have chosen, but it was cool and we are in a pretty good position.:bravo:

EB seems the best way to atone while being pragmatic. We can take advantage of loyal forces that we don't have to lie to, and we can gain the power to make a badass good Shinari Interstellar Empire. I like BB and DB too, but they won't let us show our true nature to anyone and make real friends and allies.

I'm okay with EC because it seems like a super cool tale, a charismatic, genius insane character with a thin veneer of civility aiming to destroy everything because he hates the world and himself and can accept neither? Hard to top that. But if we eventually make loyal servants (assuming we don't get actual friends or a new love by some weird act of fate) and want to be loyal to them, we may end up wanting to make the world a better place or something and change our minds. Or at least have some similar moral impasse. Also I don't know if we will be powerful enough to beat Dio/the godhead, the spheres, or even the masters? I guess we can at least suborn immortals and their new tech and make a super army... but I don't know if that will be enough, especially if we keep dying.

Geez. Seems like I always miss the Huge Important Votes (HIV).

Poor Senya never really warmed to me like Ean and Dio. But then, the Senya-era world didn't do much for me, either, though I assume that if we finish his arc we'd do an even bigger timeskip.

But as lambchop says, while we're with Senya, we might as well do our best and keep on truckin'. And Senya never struck me as a ruthless person, he's much more of an Ean-lite than Dio-lite. EA.
*sigh* And so begins a woeful chapter of self-hating melodrama. (EB or EC are my currently favored options.)

Tigranes

Arcane
I don't buy EC, but what's the reason for EB > EA? Just to lessen possible emo and maximise power-profit? I do feel like Senya needs some moral spine to keep himself steady in this Brave New World, though.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Given the recent clamour for Senya to have a 'sacrifice one to save one hundred' mindset, which is the exact opposite of what you guys picked for him right at the start of the first chapter, and given the wording of the choice where it states he'll try to set things right for as many people as possible... well, what we have here with A is the beginnings of a person that will willingly stain his hands with the blood of ten thousand people to save a million, if it comes down to that.

Basically, you guys are setting him up to become Shulgi (post-Ean) the 2nd. Except (I hope) less of a douche.

Basically, you guys are setting him up to become Shulgi (post-Ean) the 2nd.
And we saw how well that worked out for Shulgi...

Bros, I appeal to you: Vote B or C. Let's start off the right way this time. Every time we've tried to save someone and be a traditional hero, we ended up killing them or ruining Shulgi's plan to unite Earth or just plain failing. Let's give the opposite a shot, shall we? Let's do what we're actually good at - ie, destroying everything. It's our nature. Rei was creation and we are utter destruction. We kill everything we touch. From the start when we first manifested our powers, we desired to bring stillness to the universe. Even Shulgi knew that all we could do was kill. Bros, let's cut a bloody swath across the galaxy. Let's murder and maim every immortal, every master, everyone and everything in our path until we sit atop a heap of corpses so large that even the Great Idea will take notice. And then we'll kill him too.

Vote B for Blood or C for Carnage. A will have death too, but it will be out of some foolish idea of a "greater good" that we'll likely fail to achieve (just like Shulgi). At least with B & C the chaos will be 100% intentional. At least then we won't be setting ourselves up for failure. We'll either win the masters' game or end it forever. Who's with me?

Tigranes

Arcane
Given the recent clamour for Senya to have a 'sacrifice one to save one hundred' mindset, which is the exact opposite of what you guys picked for him right at the start of the first chapter, and given the wording of the choice where it states he'll try to set things right for as many people as possible... well, what we have here with A is the beginnings of a person that will willingly stain his hands with the blood of ten thousand people to save a million, if it comes down to that.

Basically, you guys are setting him up to become Shulgi (post-Ean) the 2nd. Except (I hope) less of a douche.

Oif, fine. If that's how it's gonna be, then we might as well do the job right:

Flop from EA to EB

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
EA still wins, though. Votes locked.

edit: Hold on, recounting to account for conditional flopping.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom