Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] Epic

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
What's this?! We still in the need of a tie-breaker?
Aww, shucks. And me being such a goody-two-shoes that just want everyone to get along?

A

:troll:

TOME

Cuckmaster General
Thank you Azira. I was just paging Kipeci and Tigranes to flop. But now that A is in the lead, let's not do that :troll:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Well, I don't have the time to update today anymore, so tomorrow it is. :lol:

I'll close voting in about 20 hours.

ScubaV

Prophet
treave, unless it would spoil future adventures I'd like to know more about that creature we encountered in the other dimension with the cultists.

Bloodshifter

Educated
Vote Count
A-6-Tome , ScubaV , Zwist , Rex Feral , Azira , Tigranes ,
B-4-Storyfag , Lambchop19 , Esquilax , Smashing Axe ,
C-1-Root ,
D-1-Kipeci ,

still feel like Shit.
Root and Kipeci you might want to Vote for A or B Seeing as short of a MASSIVE Bellyflop those are our Winners.

Does no one here Follow our Alternate History Timeline I even throw out a bone...

Esquilax

Arcane
You god damn hippies will get us nowhere!

This is bullshit. Blasting some thrashy black metal in protest:

To be honest, I'm not too upset about A winning. It's still kinda naive in the long-run. I don't like the idea of strife being the only parameter to progress (progress to where?) but there are many anthills here, and they might not be as enlightened as ours, so we better be prepared for what is to come.

Bloodshifter

Educated
Vote Count UPDATIN
A-6-Tome , ScubaV , Zwist , Rex Feral , Azira , Tigranes ,
B-6-Storyfag , Lambchop19 , Esquilax , Smashing Axe , Jester *Sorry bout that* , root
C-1-Root ,
D-1-Kipeci ,

Tied If Kipeci doesn't Change or No more Flops happen Ill cast a Vote. I really just want to sit back seeing as C isn't Winning.

aleam iacis

Liturgist
Codex USB, 2014 BattleTech
Stealth vote! Anyway, Ean was my favorite hero so far, and he wanted a positive, peaceful Empire, winning with culture and economies and stuff(transcendence? singularity? voice of planet?), just like the easiest way to win in Galactic Civilizations 2 (or so I'm told).

And in terms of preparation for the Master's or whatever alien ant farm ;) , as long as we have a robust civilization, we can survive the first clash with another civilization and switch into war gear afterwards while holding the moral ground. Or at least, that's why I think peaceful improvements and improving quality of life for the regular civilians is a better plan(and nicer) than constant strife, and that's why Senya should pick this choice.

Bloodshifter

Educated
Vote Count UPDATIN
A-7-Tome , ScubaV , Zwist , Rex Feral , Azira , Tigranes , Aleam iacis *Really off the ball today =(* ,
B-7-Storyfag , Lambchop19 , Esquilax , Smashing Axe , Jester *Sorry bout that* , root , Kipeci ,

I'll be throwing in my vote in a hour barring Flops seeing as Codex is being Codex I'll review everything since the Building of the White Tower and the First Chapters of Eans Adventure for Guidance.

Anabanana

Augur
Voting for A. Ean may have always engaged in B, but A is what he really wanted goddamnit.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Countdown

The moment I have made my choice, the spire expands rapidly, swallowing up my finger, then the rest of my body. My stomach churns as I feel myself falling towards a terminal point. When I come to a stop, I find myself back inside one of the classrooms at the Academy.

"Is this supposed to happen? I didn't get to see the consequence of my choice."

"This is the consequence, sir." replies the guide, as she gestures around me. It is a familiar scene; some students are gossiping happily about the latest entertainment news, others are engrossed in their portable games. There are girls putting on makeup - that's against the rules - and boys sharing magazines - the contents of which are also against the rules - without a care in the world. It is a place where the fingers of famine or illness or war cannot reach.

"What would have happened had I chosen differently?"

"You would be brought to a different level, sir, but what you would encounter there I do not know."

I close my eyes and begin to think. Certainly, the real world isn't as simple. Even at its height of peace, before the war, there were regions that were troubled with violent lawlessness. There were towns and villages that endured scarcity, where a loaf of bread could mean the difference between life and death. I know as much.

If what I had chosen before had been a crude recreation of history, then this meant that my world had developed in much the same way as it would have with a humanity that desired peace. There would have been conflict – there will always be conflict – but at the end of it all, man would beat their swords back into ploughshares, once the need for conflict has passed. It may have been a natural trait of our evolution, or a desire imprinted on us by some higher power, but we are – despite all evidence to the contrary – a peaceful race.

I find it hard to believe. Our well-documented history of bloodshed is long and storied, from the mythical Aegean War to the Earth-Space conflict.

Perhaps…

A loud crash interrupts my thoughts. The NPCs run to the windows and begin shouting in a panic. Slightly annoyed, I peek over their shoulders to see what is going on.

A combat frame has landed just an arm’s reach away – Anhur. The CF’s black armour gleams in the light of the setting sun as the cockpit opens up. It is empty. The intercom comes to life.

“This is Lieutenant Naim. Pilot of the Anhur, a force of one thousand enemy frames are headed towards the Lothal. Enter the frame and use it to defeat them. We must protect the Lothal as it falls to Earth. The Princess’s life is at stake. Should the Lothal be destroyed before it completes its trajectory, she will be killed. I repeat, this is Lieutenant Naim. Pilot of the Anhur…”

The message continues its broadcast, looping in an annoying manner. The student NPCs shy away from the menacing black frame and look at me expectantly. I lean out of the window and look into the sky. Sure enough, I can see a pale speck steadily growing larger far above me, surrounded by pinpricks of light. There is a battle raging up there.

But, still... the last time I had been in this situation, I was on the opposite side. And what was that about the Princess’s life being at stake? This is probably a scenario where I have to choose between her and the colony. Clearly the creator has no taste or class whatsoever.

Would I sacrifice Kyrie to destroy the colony? I wonder if that is what this level is truly about. The last one certainly didn't match with my expectations...

A. I pilot the Anhur and defend the Lothal. The princess is a lot more important to me. I can rationalize it all I want, but the truth is that I will gladly sacrifice any amount of lives I have to in order to ensure her safety.

B. I pilot the Anhur and attack the Lothal. The lives of billions outweigh that of one person. I must think of the greater good, no matter what - even if it means abandoning the ones I care for. I may not be a hero, but I want to be one.

C. I leave the classroom, seeking another way out of this. The best way to win is not to play, or so they say, and I don't feel like I am getting anywhere closer to the truth. Perhaps I can explore that stairway I saw before. I refuse to be led by my nose like this.

Bloodshifter

Educated
Told Ye... "C" would bring us to our 'History' Ean didn't Promote War or Peace Codex did what it wanted.

yet again another 'History' Lesson its not what Ean or We would do its 'What' happened.

So far codex has been a Shame to the Family.

Kipeci

Arcane
C, I'd like to stop sinking time into this nonsense and explore the inner mind as I voted a while back.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom