Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] Epic

Kipeci

Arcane
shoot

Rei is much better at physical combat and the like, and since our mind is being distracted and we'd be facing everyone else, too...

B2 might be the better option, then. Would the Gieloth be able to escape with us if we go with B2?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
The Gieloth will be able to take care of itself if you aid it.

edit: Nothing wrong with a bit of pox. It builds character.

Kipeci

Arcane
I don't remember them being fun at all. didn't we get screwed by them in the end? they were about to leave earth a hollow barren shell
they'll do that to other planets. they're a plague. this is like wanting to release smallpox onto the population again
but the gave us tentacles

Besides, this is a way to amend our greatest of mistakes. Behead her and put the head in a jar.

The Gieloth will be able to take care of itself if you aid it.
So, take care of itself as in being able to escape? Fight?
I was under the impression that it'd only have enough energy to stumble off, but if it could be an ally in a fight, B1 might not be impossible.

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
I FEEL THE WARP OVERTAKING ME-

Going to flop to E1, just because it suits my want for Senya to go on a mad megalomaniacal quest for supreme power. I still like B1 a lot though.

ScubaV

Prophet
I think trying to kill everyone might be too much so I'll vote B2, but I'll flop to B1 if an E choice is winning.

Jester

Arbiter
D lets try our inborn abilities in a new field.
:mhd: neh there gonna be more opportunities in this field... mby. :troll:
and now serious B2.
E sound cool still we cant be certain that mind dive wont backfire or damage the specimen. We still can try to go for political power still plan b as mad scientist may be good idea (health care and prospect for employment in private sector with nice salary) and mby studying our roots can gets us some upgrade and Lili the loli can be useful as weapon of mass destruction ctr too supernatural powers. 2 because i kinda don't wanna start something serious with Rei and at least 2 capable people, probably we would have problem with just Rei. As for xenocide going Ender is tempting but corruption points should skyrocket.

Jester

Arbiter
I don't remember them being fun at all. didn't we get screwed by them in the end? they were about to leave earth a hollow barren shell
they'll do that to other planets. they're a plague. this is like wanting to release smallpox onto the population again

If i remember correctly made after finding out about sphere-fixation of Terra they decide that grabbing some of their bros and going for that mars vacation can be quite nice idea.

If you guessed correctly, this means the Empire had given permission for this to happen in their territory – that they were preparing for the end of the world. If that was the case, there was only one reason to have the tree here, where they did not have to travel all the way to the other end of the world.

“How many?”

Zhang gave a slight smile. “Astute, aren't you? One hundred thousand people. They will be safely sent away before everything is over.”

They did made giel-hum/immor hybrids so some dna would survive and siting in world which was in center of masters attention wasn't ...emm healthy what last second Ean save had shown us (would prefer to secure some people at least).

aleam iacis

Liturgist
Codex USB, 2014 BattleTech
To destroy the last remnant of a species seems somewhat... wasteful, at the very least. It's not like all the Gieloth do is plunder worlds. They preserve knowledge, fight the masters, they have individuals who take different sides in conflicts, etc. When the Masters return, the Gieloth would be a useful ally... or slave.

Unfortunately I don't really want Senya to go all evil pragmatic and just use/enslave people. He already has some mental aberration that can make him bloodthirsty and cruel, I would like him to lose that issue if possible, but if he can't it may be better to keep him away from absolute power. That said, I am tempted. Maybe we can program our new servants loyalty to include keeping us mentally safe? Or add that in when we get a free moment (we might be short on time here )

Whatever, E2. Let's just try to be a pretty good guy, or have some super strong positive traits like loyalty to friends and human kindness.... :balance:
Assuming we don't die here, I mean.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

:retarded:
Maybe you bros don't realise this, but in B the gieloth is TAKING something from us. Our ESSENCE. In other words, we'll become WEAKER. Whether for a moment or a lifetime, it means that we'll be too weak to go up against the entire frick'n cult. B1 is SUICIDE, YOU GIANT TWAT-WAFFLES! Can we not up the bad-end meter just yet?

We came for a power up and we turned down the first lead on Kyrie in ages to do it. Screw these crazy ass cultists. Let's power up and tear them up.

E1

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I'm not exactly sure what power up you guys had in mind (absorbing Gieloth? That's a bit overdone by now) but the rationale for coming here in his mind was a mix of threat evaluation, curiosity and a slight hankering for his own alien slave from the sociopathic side.

As for the Gieloth taking care of itself, all that means is you won't need to worry about it afterwards.

Esquilax

Arcane
Maybe you bros don't realise this, but in B the gieloth is TAKING something from us. Our ESSENCE. In other words, we'll become WEAKER. Whether for a moment or a lifetime, it means that we'll be too weak to go up against the entire frick'n cult. B1 is SUICIDE, YOU GIANT TWAT-WAFFLES! Can we not up the bad-end meter just yet?

Where did you get this from? How is it taking away our essence?

We should see if its malevolent or not first. I have to go now, so I can't really read things through thoroughly but we ought to consider the hints here:

A temple, basking in the sun. Glory. Worshippers thronging its courtyard. Faith. Twisting tunnels under its surface. Slumber. The all-encompassing embrace of a provider and nurturer, and the silhouette of a teacher. Knowledge. A man, hurling fire from his fingers. Enemy. Darkness. Hunger. Solitude. Misery. Tree. Death. Light. A man, digging away at the ground, cradling something that he finds. Tests. Slavery. Flesh cut away for humans. Pain. A snowy compound in the frozen north. Solitude. Misery. A boy, in front of a black door. Hope.

Could this be Edem? It would make sense. Marduk is obsessed with glory, and he had an entire religion dedicated to him - his teacher, nurturer and provider was Nabu, a man of knowledge who hurled fire. Then, Edem lived in darkness and suffering once Sekhenun's portal brought forth the outcast Master who bonded with Naram. The man digging away at the ground - could that be Ean devouring the roots of the Tree?

Whoever this Gieloth is, it is very likely a slave to these people and it wouldn't be wise to go for a kneejerk paranoia reaction. I also don't think it's wise to immediately try killing the cultists - not with Rei around. In a frame, we could go toe to toe with her, but she would beat our asses horribly right now. Be smart about this.

Will vote later.

edit: deleted my earlier post cuz I'm really tired and screwed up the whole edit thing...

Where did you get this from? How is it taking away our essence?.
Another vision assails my mind, this time of me granting a bit of my essence to the core, allowing it to puppet the girl’s corpse to escape while the cultists are still screwing around.
We should see if its malevolent or not first. I have to go now, so I can't really read things through thoroughly but we ought to consider the hints here:

A temple, basking in the sun. Glory. Worshippers thronging its courtyard. Faith. Twisting tunnels under its surface. Slumber. The all-encompassing embrace of a provider and nurturer, and the silhouette of a teacher. Knowledge. A man, hurling fire from his fingers. Enemy. Darkness. Hunger. Solitude. Misery. Tree. Death. Light. A man, digging away at the ground, cradling something that he finds. Tests. Slavery. Flesh cut away for humans. Pain. A snowy compound in the frozen north. Solitude. Misery. A boy, in front of a black door. Hope.
Not sure what it is. But Edem is confirmed dead at Naram-Master's hand.

The cult is full of mass murderers and pedo's. Let's kill them by zapping their brains in E1 and then butchering them. Pragmatic Senya is no pushover. Remember the cult in the other world.

B2

Kipeci

Arcane
How does E1 go around zapping people's brains? It only zaps the mind of the Gieloth, from what I read.

That leaves us to deal with a crowd of cultists and Rei, which seems... difficult, even if our guy isn't a pushover.

Kayerts

Arcane
1 seems bad. It's essentially a repeat of the mass slaughter choice we took in the alternate dimension, and--like it--will probably erode our self-control and escalate our degeneration. The cultists are dicks, but I'm less concerned about raining righteous fury on them than about not turning into a gibbering blob of tentacles and murder ourselves. Also, Rei seems capable of stomping Senya into the ground 1v1, let alone when she's backed by two Second Hierarchs. (Assume she's powered up somewhat since we last met, and that the hierarchs have tentacles + some extra abilities we haven't seen yet.)

It also feels like a bad idea to unleash a pissed off superhuman whose species was known for devouring people, so I'd like to stay away from B. I guess we could just euthanize the Messenger as per A, but E seems likelier to help us, short-term (cultists might be less likely to kill us if we become the sole repository of Gieloth memories, might help us if we have to go dimension-hopping) and long-term (obvious).

E2

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Oh yeah, regarding the source of tentacles, the correct answer is that the mad cultist scientists originally gave you the tentacles which came from the Messenger, just like all the other tendriled cultists. The information can be gathered from the visions and NPC chatter.

Kipeci

Arcane
I'd really prefer going for B over E. B makes the Gieloth indebted to us-- a beneficial position that is generally honored, as we saw with Sekhenun-- and I think that a Gieloth in control of its mental faculties will be more useful to us than a drooling, tentacled mind-slave.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
E just has you connecting to its mind via your tendrils then trying to do whatever it is you want to do. I'm not promising anything more beyond that. :lol:

The track is from Umineko no Naku Koro ni VN, as is a great number of the tracks I use in association with the cult scenes, such as goldenslaughterer.

E just has you connecting to its mind via your tendrils then trying to do whatever it is you want to do. I'm not promising anything more beyond that. :lol:
*sigh* B2 then. I don't want to commit genocide. Maybe the geiloth can train us on tentacle use.
:mhd:
FFS, I can't believe so many people are choosing B1. Don't you remember how close Rei came to beating us last time? And we had a mech then. She's got super-strength and speed and tentacles that auto-shred everything with fire. Maybe in A1 if she's in shock from the messenger's death, but not in B1.

treave, can we make the gieloth promise to help us like Sek?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
It's too weak to communicate further at the moment, spent the last of its strength to reach you. Can't believe you guys still haven't had a clue of its origins though. It's all in the visions.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom