Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] Epic

Fleshcrafting is interesting in that may allow us to make minions which, if we can become proficient enough at it, will allow us to increase our disposable manpower reserves handily.

Baltika9

Arcane
The flesh is weak, bro.
Lambchop, riddle me this: where do you get the idea that he can control any part of her body or know when anyone interacts with her? Because, insofar, it seems to me you are just assuming, there was no precedent for this. Unlikely

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Ok, guys. Stick with 2B. Hopefully it won't get us killed, but whatever. edit: in fact, if BC doesn't have the votes, consider me flopping to BB.

1A/2B or C is more suicidal than a japanese lemming.
“Alright, alright, I got it. If it's just that much... we can arrange for something tonight.” mutters Rose. “Usually they shut off the entire hall around 11.00 pm, when the mortician does his work to maintain the body.”
“How long does he usually spend in the hall?”
“Probably about an hour or so. Don't ask me what he does in there. He just keeps giggling that creepy laugh of his. The Empress said to let him be, so I'm not asking any questions.” sighs Rose.
What do you think he's been doing in there, huh? Just looking at her? If all he's doing is playing with her corpse, why did the Empress let him go in there at all? Whyeeeeee?

Baltika9:

Because he could control his creations from the other side of town & because he knew who we were and where we lived at the start just from his creatures seeing us and not him. That means he can see through their eye's and hear through their ears.

Baltika9

Arcane
Or perhaps they sniffed us out by memory. Your argument is baseless. If he spends one bour a night fingering himself while looking at Kyrie, alright.There is no way he could have done anything in this commotion.We're not expected here.I suggest we use it.

Let me get this straight...

You think the the Empress of the Shinari Empire, would risk her reputation and the goodwill of the people, and shut down a public hall, to let one pervert - who is also a known criminal - finger himself over her daughter's body for one hour every night? Really? Why would she do that?

Again, the hall is shut down. No commotion. He could be doing anything. And the only reason she'd let this freak have anything to do with her is because of his skill with corpse reanimation.

Baltika9

Arcane
Dude, one hour a night, no bloodstains, no nuthin'. Probably preparing his prrreciousss for the operation and/or administering sedatives(hopdfully). Seriously, it's not a lab, you're overreacting.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
If he did reanimate the corpse why not just take the head and stick it in a jar? Think of it as an opportunity. :lol:

:lol:, Well, Senya did have a weak build and he's japanese higashi, so he's hairless... He must have looked kinda like a girl... :smug:

Ok. I give up. You aren't given me reasons. You just keep repeating that you don't think he could have done anything in 6 days. Why? How do you know he hasn't improved his skill? Why would the Empress let him near Kyrie at all?. Based on what? That months ago it used to take him 7 days to make a whole bunch of golems? This is one body. And it's already assembled. And he's had 6 days.
:x

^Yay! Finally got to use that emote!

edit: treave...you are a freak'n genius! Why didn't I think of that?! Hell yeah! Cult of the Golden Jar, baby!!
edit: but then wouldn't it be under his control? I kind of doubt he'd want to share...
Seriously, make that an option for 2.:lol:

Baltika9

Arcane
And Sargone took him a couple of months, not six fucking hours.
Although I'm tempted to go BA just to punch the fucker in the face for what he did to us unconcious. It's not hard to figure out. Filthy degenerate.

Zwist

Learned
Lambchop makes some sense here. Although this is only one possibility.
I mean Galladro was rather fond of Kyrie, so I don't think he is to happy right now. He might of course be content with playing with her corpse.
Whatever he does he does it with the blessing of the Empress.
Is there a possibility that that women actually loves her daughter and would be desperate enough to condone Galladro trying to resurrect her?

What speaks against the puppet thesis is that word on the street is that she is dead. A resurrection would politically speaking be a mess. And not in the Messiah sense.
If she wanted a puppet it would have been better to pretend that she is hospitalised. So I don't buy it. The empress does not expect Kyrie to return to the public.

What I like about B is that it focuses on finding out who is trying to play us. Why rage against the empress? We still know shit.

Baltika9

Arcane
To be honest, I'm conflicted on the first choice.
On the one hand, it can turn into a disaster if he triggers the alarm. On the other, he may be the only one here who knows for sure if she's alive or permadead.
That, and he's the Joker to our Batman.

Esquilax

Arcane
treave had mentioned before that there's something from Chapter 1 that we had yet to unravel. I believe that what we're missing is Julius (and possibly Relius) and their connections to the Empress. The Empress pretty much hated us from the get-go, and I believe it's because we were inadvertently meddling in her plans before she even came into the picture. Now it seems that things are clearer.

I do think there's something to Lambchop@19 's theory regarding Kyrie, and I doubt that Julius would be spending so much time around the body if there wasn't a real reason to do so. Based on Gallardo's behaviour so far, he probably does have something planned for the body, which is why he's been examining it consistently over the past week.

That being said, I hated the idea of this excursion from the very beginning and I never wanted to come here in the first place. I'm not sure what we could reasonably expect to do here that would provide us with success, but perhaps examining Kyrie's body with 2A might give us some clues.

I tallied up the votes, and BB is winning by a fairly significant margin. Nevertheless, I'm going with AA for now.

BA

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
First you have to define what you'd consider a success, I suppose. That ties back into the second choice; why were we here? What do we hope to accomplish?

I will probably count this particular vote in block.

Baltika9

Arcane
First you have to define what you'd consider a success, I suppose. That ties back into the second choice; why were we here? What do we hope to accomplish?
Why, to honor our friend/one true love or whatever she is to him (No, really, what is Kyrie to him?) and keep her safe from harm. And especially out of Gallardo's hands. If he's involved, that's bad news.

Thing is, he may know what's going on with her (hope against hope, hard to believe I wanted to DtB a few updates ago; guess I'm more animu than I thought) and what exactly the plans regarding her are. Say, treave, will we use Detect Life on her in 2A or 2B?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Yes, there'll be a thorough scan using the ability. What is she to him? Hm. A friend, at least. Perhaps more. He's not sure himself, but he did feel attracted. What happens next depends on the choices made.

Baltika9

Arcane
Damn, I wish I knew which path is the one to bring her back. Well, the only one here that definitely knows what's what is Gallardo, so I suppose a chat with him is in order after we examine the body. However, leaving her here sounds like a bad idea. I wonder which is the way to Lich Princess Kyrie.

Baltika9

Arcane
Wait, I got! All she needs is a kiss.
:troll:
Well, what have we to lose? Might as well, for shits and grins.
Edit: anyways, with Lambchop's flop to BB if BC isn't winning, BB is in the lead 5-4 against BA. Let's make it 6-4, what's the worst that could happen? /famouslastwords

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
OK. I've been sufficiently convinced. We're going to use this. All sentiments aside, if she really is dead, they're not going to use her body for their own gains.

BC

Esquilax

Arcane
We came here for sentimental reasons, despite what Lambchop's rationalizations will tell you. I think that it's going to result in a flip-flop disaster down the road because we're meddling in shit that we know nothing about - our attempts to be "pragmatic" will probably end up causing more harm than coming in with pure motivations at this point.

I've flopped my original vote to BA in order to tie things up.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
No rush. I'll update Wednesday or Thursday, give you guys some time to consider the various scenarios that could possibly play out here and the premises they stem from. Need to flesh out that war timeline in the meantime.

Baltika9

Arcane
We came here for sentimental reasons, despite what Lambchop's rationalizations will tell you.
Indeed, this is why we're here
Her fingers try to grip mine as I slip them away. “I’ll come back for you,” I whisper. She nods weakly as she lets go.

I take one last look at Kyrie – she’s being carried away by some soldiers, her body limp. She should be alright.
C. I need to see Kyrie one last time, to make sure she is really gone before I do anything else. Since Shulgi was so nice as to offer me a plane, I'll take it. I hijack the plane and have them fly me into Ankida, where I can make the last day of her funeral. It's the only way I can make the trip in time.
to soothe his doubts and, if his hopes are wrong, to see her off. And I'm betting that if Senya thougt she would be OK in his enhanced state, there is some foul play involved. Our boy is finding it hard to believe that Kyrie really is dead, hence the inspection. I'm afraid the only one who can say for sure is Julius, hence 1B.

As for the second part, I'm on the fence
Second option might not turn out to be the plan that will be carried out - things might change depending on the first choice in the next update - so don't let how successful you think they might be influence your decision. It is more a matter of determining Senya's mindset. Did we come here just to say goodbye, to bury her where we want, or do we have something bigger in mind?
I'm thinking you're right with the whole "pure motivations" part and the reason I'm going with 2B is this: so far, Senya was getting in touch with his "selfless hero" and positive emotions by sacrificing himself so that others may live (see the Emperor and colony). My gamble here is that intense positive emotion (in this case love and a wish to protect which is stated in 2B specifically) may open up a power, just like intense fear unlocked our abilities in the first place. Something along the lines of: since we are able to suck the life energy and heat out of things, why not reverse the process? If Gallardo needs to get sacrificed for this, I'll consider it :incline:
What do you think, bros?

treave, could you go back to putting the chapter titles into each new update? Makes remembering them easier and increases immershun.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
We came here for sentimental reasons, despite what Lambchop's rationalizations will tell you.
Indeed, this is why we're here
Her fingers try to grip mine as I slip them away. “I’ll come back for you,” I whisper. She nods weakly as she lets go.

I take one last look at Kyrie – she’s being carried away by some soldiers, her body limp. She should be alright.
C. I need to see Kyrie one last time, to make sure she is really gone before I do anything else. Since Shulgi was so nice as to offer me a plane, I'll take it. I hijack the plane and have them fly me into Ankida, where I can make the last day of her funeral. It's the only way I can make the trip in time.
to soothe his doubts and, if his hopes are wrong, to see her off. And I'm betting that if Senya thougt she would be OK in his enhanced state, there is some foul play involved. Our boy is finding it hard to believe that Kyrie really is dead, hence the inspection.

He might also want to make sure she's really dead before he abandons the idea of using her and moves on to an alternative step of his master plan. Given that the circumstances in which she was shot were suspicious, he's not about to abandon months of investment and work in getting closer to her, not when it was about to bear fruit (first kiss!). Whispering that was to convince her to let him go so that he could get away in time. Plus it helps her to hang on to the hope that he'll come back for her, thus resisting any possible brainwashing in his absence. Also, by stealing the body he could begin a campaign to discredit the movers and shakers of the Shinar Empire and begin a rebellion of his own in her name.

Depends on how you see things. The fact is that he is somewhat attached to her, but everything else is somewhat ambiguous, no?

:troll:

treave, could you go back to putting the chapter titles into each new update? Makes remembering them easier and increases immershun.

Sure, I suppose.

Baltika9

Arcane
He might also want to make sure she's really dead before he abandons the idea of using her and moves on to an alternative step of his master plan. Given that the circumstances in which she was shot were suspicious, he's not about to abandon months of investment and work in getting closer to her, not when it was about to bear fruit (first kiss!). Whispering that was to convince her to let him go so that he could get away in time. Plus it helps her to hang on to the hope that he'll come back for her, thus resisting any possible brainwashing in his absence. Also, by stealing the body he could begin a campaign to discredit the movers and shakers of the Shinar Empire and begin a rebellion of his own in her name.
I'm just not seeing it, he's been far too on the good side and too much of a bro so far.
In other words,

Edit: or it could simply be mhd power to the max.
:mhd:
"You cannot dieeeee, I loooove youuuuu! I shall devour your souuul and we will be together, foreverrrr!"
Edit 2: wait a second, is our amnesia some clever ploy by Senya himself? IS SENYA IN FACT SHULGI!?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom