Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] Epic

a cut of domestic sheep prime

...:oops:
I've had to modify his character to rationalize the wacky choices somewhat, I admit. Particularly the insane risk-taking fetish. Going to explain that away as Kyrie's volatile influence. Two crazies driving each other to ever greater heights.
Not to mention Senya's extreme biological changes probably messing with his puberty stricken hormones to no end. Combined with his drug use, there must have been at least some urge to put himself in situations here his powers would be used, thus furthering his development and necessitating more sweet drugs. Not to say he was addicted. Just highly motivated by the drugs and the endorphins released from his biology asserting itself.

Baltika9

Arcane
:lol:Yeah, I still remember this part:
7. Would you sacrifice the life of a loved one to save a hundred strangers?
A. Yes.
B. No.
We answered "No." Look how that turned out, Senya almost sacrificing himself to save tens of millions.
Well, some say that character development is a good thing and being a master of deceit passed us by far longer ago than the Atman colony. I'll take Duke Nukem over that any day.

Edit: oh, and this one
10. Do you want to live forever?
A. Yes.
B. No.
Guess which one we picked.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I... think I might abstain from this vote. My heart compels me to vote C, but I find it a bit out of character for Senya to willingly put himself at that risk again.

I don't particularly buy that Kyrie's actually dead, thought I'm not ruling it out. Would be fun if we retrieved the body and reanimated it with forbidden cult science. :troll: That'd be the primary reason for me to vote C.

But I'm abstaining. I can also see the merit in A and B both.

And Shulgi? Fuck that poser. :rpgcodex: If he wants us to do something, tell us. Those girly mind-games of "if you really loved me, you'd know what to do!" tire me. Senya has not developed ESP like powers, and as far as I can tell, he's not like to. So stop messing around Shulgi. You're just looking like a big pussy right now..

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
“Well then,” I call out to my would-be captors. I’m almost at the service elevator that would take me to the CF’s cockpit. “Gentlemen. Your Majesty. You’ll always remember this as the day you almost caught-“

A sudden blooming sensation of heat in my abdomen interrupts my words. I hear Kyrie give a slight gasp. She begins to fall limp in my arms – as I turn her around to face me, I see a spreading patch of red on her clothes.

“Kyrie-“

Her name chokes in my throat.

Why?

I look at the crowd in bewilderment. None of them seem to have fired their guns. Where did that shot come from? Kyrie’s face is rapidly turning pale. I need to think of what to do quickly. Do I bring her with me in search of medical aid? Should I leave her here and hope for the best?

The Imperials make that choice for me.

“He shot the princess! That cultist shot my daughter!” screams the Empress in panic and anger. “Kill him! Kill him now!”

The soldiers rush at me, murder in their eyes. Words are of no use now. I lay Kyrie down on the floor. Her eyes are closed, but she’s still breathing. Her fingers try to grip mine as I slip them away. “I’ll come back for you,” I whisper. She nods weakly as she lets go.

Aww, fuck this shit.

Voting C, we made a promise here..

Azira said:
So stop messing around Shulgi. You're just looking like a big pussy right now..
To be fair, Shulgi's been a pussy ever since that Master turned him light-side. He could have told Ean all about the void and the spheres and everything, but instead he hung back until it was too late. He could have ended the scheming of the pretenders, but instead hung back until it was too late and Dio almost became the new great idea. If he had been the man of action instead of leaving all the heavy lifting to Ean - which wasn't his intent, but it was the effect - then maybe things might have ended up differently for Ean and the rest of the world. Same here. (If it's really Shulgi.) He let two little girls do all the fighting while he sat back and schemed. And his scheme failed - as usual. Shulgi has been bro and he has been un-bro, but he is, and always will be, a tremendous, scheme-filled pussy who can't wrap his head around the fact that he needs to take action and risk himself to get the job done.

Want to know what I think? I think this Shulgi - whoever he is - is behind the cult. I think he cooked the idea up and what's more, I think he may even be Senya's father (a stretch there, I know). I think he's pissed now because all his years of scheming have failed and the Masters are on their way and Earth doesn't have a strong leader to unite behind like he wanted. Serves him right for not stepping up to the plate himself, as usual.

Esquilax

Arcane
It's not about the "most insane option," it's just that when I'm faced with a choice to do our thing our way, or to do it someone else's way, I'll pick the former. I's not about pride or any of that hooplah, E, it's about not having our time wasted. Didn't we have enough of being played by people who have anything but our interests at heart?

I mean, hey, look at Senya: we took him from being a goddamned wallflower to a hard-ass with balls of steel, IQ of a genius, a heart of gold and an all-around scrapper. He's got what it takes to make it by himself, we have options and we're not as fucked as you think. The AI is rebuildable, we have people sympathetic to us, we just got an upgrade to our powers and the fact that our records were wiped just gives us career prospects.

This is textbook pride that you're rationalizing away and I don't know how you can't see that. Why not do it someone else's way if it means that we can learn a few things along the way and possibly turn the tables on both our supposed "benefactors" and the Empress? I don't see what we would have to gain long term by going it alone.

Kyrie is probably not dead, but we can't go off burning bridges and chasing after her now that we're the most wanted man in the Empire. There are bigger fish to fry and more important mysteries to uncover: hence, why we should play it meek for the time being and bide our time until we grow more powerful. Shulgi's resources might allow us to restore Yua in some way as well.

Baltika9

Arcane
This is textbook pride that you're rationalizing away and I don't know how you can't see that. Why not do it someone else's way if it means that we can learn a few things along the way and possibly turn the tables on both our supposed "benefactors" and the Empress? I don't see what we would have to gain long term by going it alone.
Because it's not about pride, it's about time, which is of the essence. Working for someone else means we spend time doing their things for them, when instead we could be doing our things for us. Nothing here is about pride. That and Azo is not our friend.
Kyrie is probably not dead, but we can't go off burning bridges and chasing after her now that we're the most wanted man in the Empire. There are bigger fish to fry and more important mysteries to uncover: hence, why we should play it meek for the time being and bide our time until we grow more powerful. Shulgi's resources might allow us to restore Yua in some way as well.
I don't think there are any bridges left, E.
“Perhaps I should force the answers from you, then.” I raise a hand to my eye-patch, but Shulgi just smirks.

“It’s far too soon for that.”

An unseen force freezes my entire body; I can’t even breathe.

“Try that again and I will end your miserable existence. I hope our paths never cross again.” says Shulgi nonchalantly. Was this telekinesis? It’s far stronger than anything the Dunamis leader displayed. As the force dissipates, I collapse to the ground, gasping for breath.

When I look up, he is gone. All I see is swirling motes of dust caught in the bright sunlight.
That looks pretty final to me, for now at least. I thing the only way we can earn his respect is the Ean way: "K bro, fuck you too. I'll go do my own thing and be awesome at it, while you can go and do whatever it is you do. Ass." (obviously meant as tongue-in-cheek)
Edit: Show him we can Get Shit Done and he might deign us worthy of his assistance.

Baltika9

Arcane
By the way, I think I know the perfect speech for Senya should it turn out that Kyrie really is dead:

Edit: fitting, given their rather close bond, no?
And I suppose I do have something further to add here: I think Tigranes is right on this one
Shulgi is very clearly taunting us, it's not like him to insult us in such a straightforward manner as if he was the Empress. I don't think B will make him bay for our blood, though he might begin to think of us as a necessary loss.
I'm pretty sure he's trying to test our stuffing (pipedream: maybe even decide if he should help us become the leader. Yes, pipedream.) Thing is, Shulgi is no one's asset and we can't outplay him at his own game, turning him into a tool. Pussy he may be, he's got four thousand years of experience to draw on in that field. And it's not that I don't trust Shulgi, it's that I don't trust his motives right now. Because endorsing that asteroid drop is both retarded and, well, redundant for a plotter of his caliber. Something is definitely fishy here.

Zwist

Learned
Where did that bullet come from? And why at exactly that moment? Has Kyrie become an obstacle?
Was that bullet meant to influence us? And is that the reason that it did not hit any regions instantly lethal?

Going to the funeral is going to put us in some serious risk, for little gain. But it is very Ean.
Going terrorist gives us rather absolute control over our path. And is Fun, with a major F.
Going home is sane. No one should honestly expect us to do that at this point. So A, for now.
But I really don't care, all possibilities are good.

TOME

Cuckmaster General
I don't think Kyrie is dead. We promised her to go back for her, but I don't think the time is right for that. Time to gather information and power and become a player. Time to take over Azo's networks.

A

ScubaV

Prophet
It's not what the original Senya would have done, but we're not the original Senya anymore. Continue the Character growth!

GreyViper

Prophet
you somehow managed to fail to grasp every single chance I offered you.
:incline: I think this sentence has defined most of our actions so far.

B again because C feels so knee-jerk action and if she is alive, we will meet her along the way. First you consolidate your power base, then go for kill. Hell most of Senyas actions lately have been hot headed impulsive. Not cold calculated, not in character he is(reminds me of roots LP all over again, accept the demon:troll: ). Here is the chance to play Dio Jr so why not go for it?:dance:

TOME

Cuckmaster General
baltika9 c
lambchop19 c
kipeci a
root c
m4davis b
tigranes C
smashing axe c
esquilax a
azira c
zwist a
tome a
scubav c
greyviper b
storyfag b

a-4
b-3
c-7

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
We're playing straight into the Empress' hands here, setting us up for being caught. :lol: They're lying about Kyrie, she's not actually dead, but it's great for propaganda, and if they can lure the supposed assassin into revealing himself and letting himself get caught, the Empress will be all the happier.
Also, if they think Kyrie's dead, then they won't be attempting a second assassination anytime soon. She's probably somewhere highly secluded and top-security, being taught some humility. :troll:

But, as I've already stated, I also vote C. Because. We promised..

I can see the merit in keeping the promise at a later date though, so I'm not ruling out a flop..

Baltika9

Arcane
You're probably right, but when has that been an obstacle for an insane MHD's love? Besides, if this is true
Also, if they think Kyrie's dead, then they won't be attempting a second assassination anytime soon. She's probably somewhere highly secluded and top-security, being taught some humility. :troll:
We're better off pulling her out of the fire ASAP, before they actually do "persuade her." For one, that will give us a fair shot at discrediting and deposing the Empress. That, and I don't want Senya wangsting about the loss of his girl, because that shit won't be healthy.

Edit: or prevent them from turning her into a sword.
:troll:

Eh, I think she's probably dead. We have to make sure though. :power of luv:

Plus I really want to find out just what exactly the Empress has against us. It doesn't make sense. She hates us because we're hanging around her daughter? Then why kill her daughter? What was it that set her against us in the first place?

The only one with a bonafied reason to want us dead is our mother. Is the Empress our mother shapeshifted to look like the Empress? hav so many quessionsh...

Baltika9

Arcane
The show cuts to a speech from the Empress, presiding at the funeral. The Emperor is in the background, his face gaunt and bloodless, a far cry from the man I saved in Olympia so many months ago.
Grima?
images

Bloodshifter

Educated
Mostly me spilling what I held back since the Beginning (Rant)

This is Ean's Downfall and Rise of Dio once more... I Really hope that you guys will see the light I tried steering you guys into our Sister's loving arms then again with Erika and the Fangs and once more with GTFO of the Colony but nah you guys were like Ballz to the Wallz!! WWAAGH!!

Empress = Bitching Mastermind who took our Ideas for World Domination. Hello Mother.
Shulgi? = Ye old fuck from Ye Olde Times working to stop the Queen.
Erika = Superhuman Experiment or Tribal Mindset could point to a Remnant of all those Demi-Gods running around. So that's where Ares went?
Kyrie = not dead the Queen brought us back to life bringing back a Regular Human? Bring the pie.
Senya/Sister = I honestly have no Idea we aren't Gieloth (No Hivemind) yet not Heroes ( No Master whispering sweet nothings into our ear). Our Limited skillset and Limited Healing prove this point.
Cult? = what's left is under Shulgi's reign or bieng washed in the Wind.
CULT = Mother has gotten most of them hidden in the Empire's Position of power she wanted the Husband dead and wanted Kyrie as a Loyal Slave puppet. Yeap the only thing you guys did done right is get her away from the Psycho. On a side note the what's his face that tried taking over was a Cultist odd isn't it that the Queen didn't attend the Ceremony with the Father.

I figured out that the Empress was our Mother recently but the Cult = Shulgi thing was since the whitefangs guarding the Mining Station they picked the most Shulgi Option to guard of course the Codex shamed him when we went and picked Option Dio.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom