Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] Epic

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Keep in mind, if we do die in A1, which I don't think we will, it's a Bad End (tm) so we'll get to choose again.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I'm betting treave runs a Bad End tracker, just as he keeps tabs on the relationships. Get too many and this CYOA might be fucked in other ways. I suspect. :troll:

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
The Ghosts of Dead Ean Past come to haunt us. Parallel worlds collide in a tempest of infinite possibilities. Or each time we die someone else in the multiverse takes our place and becomes a shade hungry for revenge.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
It's the hivemind trying to reach out to Senya, establish a mental bond so the voices can resurface. It'll steer him from a course that would otherwise lead to the genocide of a sentient species.

:troll:

Esquilax

Arcane
We don't need to fight off the Dunamis clan by ourselves, we simply need to buy time for the Emperor. Here's a rough estimate of our ability after training with Erika:

I might not be able to fight against superhumans like Erika immediately, but with the techniques I've learnt, I can probably defend myself against one for a while, even without using my abilities.

Okay, so we can hold off one superhuman without dying at this point before we even use our abilities. However, with our abilities and the steroids that Keiko provided, we would have fifteen minutes to distract the Dunamis and protect the Emperor. I am hoping that would be enough time for Butterfield to come back and either save our ass, or for the Dunamis clan to realize that the Emperor is gone and that it's time to retreat before the place gets swarmed by thousands of police and military personnel.

A1, though I'm willing to flop to B.

TOME

Cuckmaster General
After that little joke the emperor told, I really want to try and save him. We might not take all of the Dunamis group down but a distraction is all that is needed. It gives the emperor a chance to escape and we can tell Kyrie we did all we could (if the emperor dies, that is).

A1

Oh and A gives Shulgi a chance to save us if it goes badly.

Bloodshifter

Educated
Dammit we missed out on joining the Rebellion AGAIN you guys drain out all my fun. Told you Rel was a Distraction. But nooooo I crazy they say.

Using my right to call Codexers Hivemind Undecided and watching and Tallying votes till awesome happens.

Tally Is getting Fat​
B1-Azira, Zwist
A1-Smashing Axe, ScubaV, m4davis, Esquilax, TOME
B2-
A2-​

a cut of domestic sheep prime

A1 - The Emperor is dead if we don't and Kyrie will never forgive us if that happens. We're powered up thanks to Shulgi's advice and the cultist potion. And no one is going to be expecting us to be the primary threat here. We skipped out on our chance to kill Relius early on out of fear - even though we would have won. Time to see what we're made of.

Baltika9

Arcane
As it is now, going B in the previous choice wouldn't have stopped this from happening anyway... and you wouldn't be here when they struck.

Now, if you picked C in the last update, you'd pick up Relius and Julius before they could release their pets. The Dunamis do not cancel their plan, but they're unable to waltz right up to the Emperor and are forced to blitz security instead. This changes things somewhat. Again, you aren't here when they attack.

Despite me proclaiming we'd end up as Nero, I think this is salvageable. Voting A1, it is the HOSHIKAWA SENYA, HERO OF THE IMPERIUM! option. I can get behind that.

It looks like I got my wish of revealing the supernatural after all, eh?

Baltika9

Arcane
Mark my words,the text game was sent to us by Shulgi Prime to gauge our moral fibre and character.The program sends all our progress and answers to his bunker in Australia,where he evaluates them and decides wether or not were worthy of Ean's power:troll:

aleam iacis

Liturgist
Codex USB, 2014 BattleTech
A1, let's be a hero and take the glory! The only truly bad end would be saving the Emperor and Kyrie dying, but that sort of thing is rare in Animu.

Anyway, what would have happened if we had lots of Yua points and did option D? Are there a lot of robotic defenses we could activate/use, or would we be able to manufacture a prototype giant robot and hide the parts around, or would we just be able to lock the Dunamis in their rooms and force them to break out and then get them into transportation accidents on their way here?

Assuming we could do that and then would actually come to the event rather than sit in our glass house playing on our computer...

"He is about to execute the Emperor in front of the entire world. Saying that this would weaken the ISC would be an understatement. Kyrie screams besides me, her nails digging into my clothes. 'No! Save him! Please!'

For a few moments now, from beyond the school gates there had been the sound of a dull roar. Most assumed it had something to do with the current chaos of monsters and mercenaries, but the civilians still in the area changed their minds when the school gates and walls were all blown in as they were hit by an onslaught of trucks.... City garbage trucks, news vans, dump trucks, school buses, and other vehicles exploded into the school at over 200 km/hr, presumably more than they were originally designed for. Several Dunamis retainers are crushed by vehicles rushing the stage, but Erec smashes one aside with a telekinetic gesture as he looks at the assorted five vehicles parked in a bizarre V formation facing him.
'This must be a joke-' He starts to speak, but he's interrupted by a giant hologram of a pretty young girl appearing in the air above the vehicles.
'Master, Yua has brought forth the parts!!!'
The five vehicles in front of Erec, which happen to be between him and the Emperor-President, whir and start to shine brightly as their doors and roofs open vertically and newly revealed parts begin to rearrange in strangely familiar shapes... Out of nowhere, a helicopter making a similar whirring noise starts to descend."

Baltika9

Arcane
Wait a second... treave, could you tell me more about Russia, in-depth? Their form of governance, ideologies, military capabilities, etc...
My offhand comment about "Shulgi Prime" got me thinking
Cncyr-cover.jpg

:troll:
(Seriously, though, I would like to hear about them, even if they are a complete backwater)

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Nah, you don't get mecha in D, you'll be doing things like redirecting traffic to cause gridlocks, hijacking construction robots and then pinning it all on poor Relius while you hold the Emperor hostage from the relative peace and quiet of your own home. Then the Dunamis mess your shit up, something you didn't plan for, and you RAAAAAGE.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Russia is a minor democratic power who have never moved beyond tribal allegiances. They're nominally ruled by a council staffed with representatives from each of the tribes' own elders. They'd be somewhat like the Middle East countries of our time in comparison to the superpowers. Their resources have never really been the subject of war, however, because the last one was fought over Africa, and after that a boom in space mining has resulted in an alleviation of resource scarcity for now.

Baltika9

Arcane
Russia is a minor democratic power who have never moved beyond tribal allegiances. They're nominally ruled by a council staffed with representatives from each of the tribes' own elders. They'd be somewhat like the Middle East countries of our time in comparison to the superpowers. Their resources have never really been the subject of war, however, because the last one was fought over Africa, and after that a boom in space mining has resulted in an alleviation of resource scarcity for now.
This is excellent grounds for an awesome "Peter the I meets Lenin's and Stalin's Lovechild" character.

...lifting the country from obscurity to fanatic nationalism and curbstomping everything...the things that could have been. I hope someone else is working on it.

Kipeci

Arcane
This is excellent grounds for an awesome "Peter the I meets Lenin's and Stalin's Lovechild" character.

...lifting the country from obscurity to fanatic nationalism and curbstomping everything...the things that could have been. I hope someone else is working on it.
Shulgiana: An Empire Under the Sun? Shinari Universalis?

Baltika9

Arcane

Shulgiana: An Empire Under the Sun? Shinari Universalis?
Meh, too old and too small. A united planet and humanity is what we need, under a fanatic loyalty that would worship the ruler we would have put on the throne like a proper God. My gut tells me Interstellar ITZ fleets and MHD Rape Squads are on their way so we'd better kick Terra into gear.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom