Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] Epic

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Yup. Yup. Not as far as they know, no. 100%. The Tree played a part, and the nature of the immortals' power is fundamentally different than that of the Gieloth; voices are an external source of power.

Baltika9

Arcane
Last one for now: what is Shulgi's personal opinion on Ean? Does he know about Sek and Edem and our general bro-hood with the Gieloth? If yes, what is his opinion on it and Gieloth in general?

Esquilax

Arcane
I'm wondering if the real Shulgi ever begat any offspring himself. For all we know, some of the other players might be spawn of his.

I doubt any of the current players are the descendants of Shulgi, but I'm positive that he's fucked a whole lot in his immortality, particularly in his youth. Case in point, when we were in a coma after defeating Pahnrath:

"The demon Shulgi drained the vitality from the land with a devastating flood. Crops withered and flocks died. Akkad grew weak under the Curse. His reign was long and terrible, lasting more than a hundred cycles. The kings of the great cities of Sumeria rose against him but to no avail. They were destroyed by his black sorcery and his vile champion, Humbaba." whispered an old man in Ashur.

Shulgi had a long reign, and he was right in the middle of his asshole adolescent phase as an immortal, so I'm sure that he must have some descendants kicking around. Things were groovy for a while until Naram came by and gave him an ultimatum: "support the Masters, or else". Shulgi told Naram to go fuck a sheep and as a consequence, he got fried. After this event, Shulgi realized it was a lot smarter to work from the shadows rather than keep making himself a target, so he didn't go around leaving a mark too much. So, what I'm getting at is, I think he has descendants, but I think that they probably pre-date Ean's Imperial dynasty.

However, the whole coma situation from Chapter 2 does present a few questions. treave, did Shulgi know exactly where Ean was buried? While I'm sure he was glad we were toast, I'm also certain that he would have wanted us out of the picture far more permanently. I figure that the reason we were able to wake up was because he wasn't able to find us, because if he did, the first thing he probably would have done would be to burn Ean's body and scatter the ashes into the seas.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
No, he didn't, or we'd have been playing "Sumerian warrior in New York City".

Baltika9

Arcane
That Ean, Shulgi and Naram were abstaining from sexual activities for most of their existence.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
How did you get that from

"No, he didn't, or we'd have been playing "Sumerian warrior in New York City"

Which was referring to:

"treave, did Shulgi know exactly where Ean was buried?"

I don't see how Shulgi not knowing the location of Ean's tomb has anything to do with his sex-life. In fact it implies the reverse; that he was having too much fun sexing Mesopotamia to give a shit about looking for him.

Baltika9

Arcane
Failed my reading comprehension test, then.
Since I have you on the line, though
Last one for now: what is/was Shulgi's personal opinion on Ean? Does/did he know about Sek and Edem and our general bro-hood with the Gieloth? If yes, what is/was his opinion on itl?
Just curious, really.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Shulgi's analysis of Ean: Well-meaning, brave, unpredictable but not the sharpest tool in the shed.
Shulgi's opinion of Ean : I'll be glad if he doesn't stir up any more problems now that he's a bunch of plants. Still... oh fuck, did that just happen? Goddammit.

Shulgi's opinion on Sekhenun: A good, moderating influence on Ean.
Shulgi's opinion on Edem: Pretty cool guy, just like his dad. Too bad Naram nuked them.
Shulgi's opinion on Ean befriending Gieloth: I don't judge people by their sexual preferences.

Shulgi's opinion on Gieloth: It would be better for them if they stay out of my way and lie low. Besides that, I don't really care one way or another about them in general.

Baltika9

Arcane
Many thanks, treave.
Shulgi's opinion of Ean : I'll be glad if he doesn't stir up any more problems now that he's a bunch of plants. Still... oh fuck, did that just happen? Goddammit.
:yeah: I foresee much:butthurt: and:martini:ahead, although I'm not sure who will experiencing what.
Entering full:avatard:mode.

Esquilax

Arcane
Uh oh.

I can't imagine how hard Shulgi raged after Ean's sphere diplomacy idiocy. If there's one choice throughout this narrative that I truly and utterly despise, it's that one. If only you bros listened...

Since we're playing this game, what's Shulgi's opinion on Naram? They still had serious bad blood, so I wonder what Shulgi's analysis here was.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Shulgi's analysis of Naram: Original personality utterly twisted and subsumed by voices, example of the path to hell being paved by good intentions
Shulgi's opinion of Naram: Sheepfucker.

m4davis

Scholar
Shulgi's opinion of ean no longer having voices having no visible psychic presence and gaining the hunger

EDIT: also what happened to the anbar-shi storm ean made did the blades turn into plants with ean did they dissipate or there are thousands of anbar-shi's spread across the world if its the last one we may wont to look into that

Esquilax

Arcane
Wow, I knew that Naram was initially the one who was most susceptible to the voices, but it seems that he kept spiraling deeper and deeper into becoming the Masters' lackey. I wonder if our actions in Egypt made him crazy and pushed him off into the deep end. Then again, maybe summoning Ra and killing off all of Heliopolis would have brought joy to Naram (he probably knew that was going to happen anyways, and welcomed it). Perhaps the death of all the innocent people would have stirred his conscience, but I doubt it.

Maybe Naram could have come around and eventually become a BRO, but I'm inclined to think that he was kinda fucked from the beginning. I mean, if you think about it, Naram's origins were the most humble of the three so he must have been happiest to find out that his destiny was going to be a prophet rather than a simple shepherd for the rest of his life. He wasn't a great scholar like Shulgi or a great warrior like Ean, so I can totally see why he would be the one to most readily accept the voices.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
We'd probably have been boned either way. When we look at how Zeus stomped about the place, summoning a Master directly on top of us would've put a crimp on the game.
On the other hand, it would also have meant the Gieloth would have had a much harder time as well, so we might never have seen the rift and spheres and all that jack. Maybe it'd have been better for Earth in the larger perspective.

Baltika9

Arcane
We'd probably have been boned either way. When we look at how Zeus stomped about the place, summoning a Master directly on top of us would've put a crimp on the game.
On the other hand, it would also have meant the Gieloth would have had a much harder time as well, so we might never have seen the rift and spheres and all that jack. Maybe it'd have been better for Earth in the larger perspective.
Thing is, we don't know the reason for the Masters' interest in Earth. All we know that it was a "control" planet whose "destiny" they wanted to preserve.
A"What do we do about the control world? The existence of such a rift there definitely ruins our purpose for it."

"Agreed. The rift is undesirable."

"We should purge this world."

"Why don't we convert it to a test world instead?"

"We have plenty of those and not enough control worlds. We do not have the resources to maintain them all any longer."

"But -"

"Ladies and gentlemen. This is unbecoming. Let us clear things up by casting a vote. If you would, kindly?"

"All of those in favour of a purge? Very well, noted."

"And those in favour of conversion to a test world? Alright."

"It's a tie."

"Why do you remain undecided?"

"I suggest a third path: we observe this world longer before deciding."

"We no longer have any eyes on that world. We still haven't repaired the damage those damned pests did to the link."

"There are other ways to observe. May I be put in charge of this project? I am sure all of you have greater things to tend to."

"... very well. You now have responsibility over this world. Don't mess up like he did."

"I won't."

----CHAPTER END----
We also know they wantonly purge planets that don't live up to their "expectations."
"Do not worry, your world is still intact. After some observation, it has now been given the designation of a test world. Hopes are high, especially with the legacy you had left behind."

You narrow your eyes. "That sounds too good to be true."

"It's not. We expect results from test worlds. If they do not meet our exacting standards, they will also be disposed of."

"What results are these? What do you expect from us?"

"Well, there's no harm in letting you know. It's simple. There are many other test worlds in your reality. As your technology grows, you will encounter them, sooner or later, and there will be a clash of civilizations. The eventual victor, out of the countless test worlds, will be admitted to the Gate, and there we will ask them what they have learnt from their experience." After a pause, he adds, "Of course, there will be a reward: we will grant one wish of the victor. Any wish, as long as it is within our reach, and as you well know, our reach is long indeed."

"Your reach isn't that long in my world, it seems. As far as I know, you were locked out by some tentacles."

"So you know of the Gieloth damaging the system," he chuckles. "A temporary setback. By the time a victor emerges from your reality, it will have been long fixed. In fact, by providing us with the piece of Vajra, you have only sped up the timeline. I must thank you for that."
They aren't our friends by any means and I consider it an extremely good thing that we took Earth off their radar (besides, Ean fixed all of the damage he's caused and then some). Of course, with Dio becoming their progenitor after reaching the Great Idea, that may have changed.
TL;DR: fuck those losers.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Shulgi was intrigued by the hunger academically, nothing more. The multiple Anbar-Shis were temporary and dispersed into leaves. Ra would've tried to possess Ean had Naram not been the one to summon him, if I recall my plans for the chapter correctly.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
The choice to break through an ambush without using your powers even though you're physically unsuitable for a head-on confrontation wins. Locking down B2

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom