Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] Epic

Esquilax

Arcane
As for Keiko, I think she knows what we are and who we are. She engineered this situation to lure Julius out and she seems unusually calm given the circumstances, which tells me (a) she's not in danger and she doesn't need a rescue and (b) she lied to Julius, which means she probably did so for our benefit to aid us. Because of that, I think Senya ought to take the hint and get the fuck out while the getting is good. I dunno, perhaps I read the situation wrong, but I think that's what's going on.

Baltika9

Arcane
Btw, I agree with Zwist. We've already got what we need; we've won. Don't get greedy, and don't give them anything else on us, just get the fuck out. Think of the long game.
I'd rather we capitalize on the moment and seize the last bit of info we can get our hands on and then lay low and consolidate. Everything is still too obscured for us (read:me) to begin making out a picture of what's going on, although I do have some ideas. I favor C over running away right now, since it will allow us to box all of these guys in (although calling in Kyrie may get her injured; I do not want to explain that shit to Butterfield). However it rather requires that we activate our powers. Otherwise we may end up severely injured or dead (in before almost dying will activate more powers).

The risk here is that we may end up in a "Diogenes under house arrest" situation: grasping for too much, too soon will get us noticed by the higher-ups and we'll be in a tight spot. And since Senya's balls can't compare to Dio's, the consequences may not be pleasant.
invite us to the golden vagina?
:hmmm:

That's pretty much the only "romance" that interests me right now. Is it a DLC?
As for Keiko, I think she knows what we are and who we are. She engineered this situation to lure Julius out and she seems unusually calm given the circumstances, which tells me (a) she's not in danger and she doesn't need a rescue and (b) she lied to Julius, which means she probably did so for our benefit to aid us. Because of that, I think Senya ought to take the hint and get the fuck out while the getting is good. I dunno, perhaps I read the situation wrong, but I think that's what's going on.
Or Boy-Wonder here screwed with her brains (and assorted elements of her physique) good and proper.
Edit: flopped to C1.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

I wonder if the "rape" treave mentioned earlier wasn't the mouthrape Senya's gonna get if we try to stick around and fight, rather than the tsunde rereverse-rape I assumed it to be...

Esquilax, I hardly think Keiko meant to aid us. She lied to us just to get us to the roof. She helped lure us into a trap that she knew Julius wanted us lured into. She wants us to use our power against him. She may be curious or she may have some darker motive. You are right that she's probably not in danger though - or at least doesn't think she is.

Kipeci

Arcane
That Asshole Gallardo said:
Looks like personally breaking you over the weekend was worth my time, you nosy bitch. It was such a stroke of luck that you are in the same class as him. Uhihihihihi.
Whatever this is, we can be fairly certain it wasn't consensual. Also, it's interesting that she didn't go with his script about declaring her love for us; I'm not currently sure what that's supposed to say, though.

Anyway, she's really kind of useless to him if we do manage to escape, so I don't think that we can say she's not in danger, especially if he thinks she could reveal what he's been doing. Her lack of reaction doesn't really tell us much, considering how probable it is that she knew this was coming, and besides... we really don't know what she went through over the weekend. Remember, this is a guy attempting to force his rotting worms into intercourse with our throat right now; he could probably think of some pretty messed up shit to do to her.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Wait, was Shulgi named for Shulgiland or for the historical Shulgi? There are conflicting accounts in the story!

Fuck. Uh... when he was named Shulgi there was a strong fad in the country for naming kids after Shulgiland, but his parents particularly wanted to call him Shulgi because of the ancient king, not because of nationalism! /speech roll.

Baltika9

Arcane
...so everyone remembers some pissant science god after four thousand years and name a country plus children after him. Right.
I still think Shulgi was under the relaxing side-effects of Innana flowers when he came up with that plan, just like he was when he decided "lol, I'll create the Paladin Wolf Group."

Esquilax

Arcane
Okay, Kipeci has me convinced. Let's rescue the damsel in distress.

Flopping to D1

C1 for now, might go back to B2

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
...so everyone remembers some pissant science god after four thousand years and name a country plus children after him. Right.
I still think Shulgi was under the relaxing side-effects of Innana flowers when he came up with that plan, just like he was when he decided "lol, I'll create the Paladin Wolf Group."

Remember the Cult of Shulgi? Remember who tried to use them to take over Babylon and kept up appearances afterwards?

Yeah.

Baltika9

Arcane
So why not Mardukia, or New Runia, since the two of them were bigger influences on history?
Why not Diogenesland, then? This is fishy: you're either screwin' with us, Shulgi is bored
...Or Shulgi knows about us and is leaving a trail for us to use.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Who were bigger influences on history? :lol:

Marduk? What did he do that is actually recorded in the world's history as fact and not fiction? Runi? A demigod persona who is part of Ean's greater myth? Diogenesland did not pan out because Dio's legacy is still tainted despite the best lobbying efforts of House Camna.

Compare that to a mythical king who introduced agricultural advances, plumbing and street lights, and has become a patron figure of scholars - one of the most important groups of people in the Empire thanks to the system you guys introduced - since 3000 years ago. Ean already has an Empire as his legacy and his name ubiquitous. Asking a person on the street who Shulgi is would get them blank looks - only the scholars remember. How many people actually know America is named after Amerigo Vespucci? Asking them who Ean is gets you an immediate answer - founder of the Shinar Empire, an almost unbroken dynasty that has spanned 4000 years.

edit: Think about Naram. Now there's a guy who doesn't get any mentions in history at all. Ever.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

you lot are all blind. she's obviously one of those golden gieloth hindu cultists messing with the flowers and now she wants us to see if we're the real deal so she can drag us off to Goldentown and say 'here's one of the great old ones what fled from china when the bastard came and ate them and he stands before us as our messiah' or what have you, now that don't sit right with me, no sir. we ain't gonna be no cultist golden boy. revealing our powers here will just get yet another weirdo faction on our ass, and we already have enough of those between Duke Shulgin, the ISC, the (soon to be evil, no doubt) AI and the Dunami May Cry pretty boys. either bring in Erika and the Boyz to help us out or just run away. showing our powers here is a no-no under any circumstances.

in fact, running away is the better alternative.

flopping to B
and i hope you see
why i'm staying with 2
and so should you

mind the rhyme
Definite possibility.

Damsel? Esquilax, she's not broken like Julius thinks, so why not call the police after what happened to her? Why lure us to the roof? Did she think we could help? Then why not tell us what was up? And why would she think the guy she knows is super-weak would be able to help her? Maybe Julilius told her about our powers. Why would she believe him?

She's either doing this out of curiosity or she's not what (or possibly who) she appears to be, as the update says.

Kipeci

Arcane
Okay, Kipeci has me convinced. Let's rescue the damsel in distress.

Flopping to D1
I'm flattered and all, but to be frank D1 has just about no chances of winning unless other people are willing to flop. I'd be fine with such a flop myself, but until the point that other people chime in, it might be better to tentatively throw your lot with C1, as that's the option that seems to be the most popular thus far against those attempting to escape. C1 appears to have a fairly decent chance of us saving her (the monsters are not likely to go for her while we're around, not to mention we could probably beat them all with our powers activated even if our friends are a bit slow to show up) while the B choice winning and happening successfully will result in us ditching her.

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
root's right here guys. There's obviously a ploy here and I'd prefer not to walk right into it. B2 means fleeing without revealing our nature. Unless the tentacles can outrun us, which I don't think they can (You know, because they're frankenstein fish), we should be okay. Alternatively, we could use our powers, but in a way she doesn't expect, ie. attacking her rather than the mental patient ranting in front of us. We shouldn't fight when outnumbered on the foeman's terms. (I'd say differently if we had clobbering powers, yet we don't)

So D1 or B2 seem optimal to me.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
At 'normal' levels of enhancement you're still operating within the bounds of your biological eyes, seeing as living things do, only with increased spectra and resolution. To go further than that you need to surpass your biological limits. Would probably fry your brain if you tried it right now, but it's possible.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
At the moment you can't manipulate things directly even if you can perceive them, but yes, eventually, that might be possible.

Bloodshifter

Educated
Okay so we can kill her but out Character Isn't Ean and will be Emo? Darn...

Treave can I get a action in for Knocking Out Jul's here? You know a good ol' fashion punch to the face?

Also anyone want to vote wether or not we kill the damaged goods Girl off? I'd rather our first kill happen in a relatively safe Location after all he did mention he only wanted to face rape us.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
So you're saying you want a Renegade Interrupt (Bioware TM)?

edit: Also, your powers can now be active for up to 8 minutes.

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
treave, you're counting votes in block I take it? TOME bro, you should consider flopping to B2, the flee faction will then be at tie with the C faction.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Yup, B1s are separate from B2s. Deciding whether or not to use your powers is tied to the plan of action you're picking. Some choices might work better (or at least work out) without activating your ability. You'll probably want to consider both the time limit and the side effects during the refractory period.

Bloodshifter

Educated
So you're saying you want a Renegade Interrupt (Bioware TM)?

edit: Also, your powers can now be active for up to 8 minutes.
Yes exaxtly like Sheperd in ME2 when he was questioning that BigWig about TheCollectors.

Edit also can I start the sub vote to Kill Mastermind Girl (eh I forgot her name and I is sleepy)

Baltika9

Arcane
Having thought it over, I don't think that playing the Hero will work out for Senya here, the guy's not Ean and he can't afford missteps. Sure, we have super analytic powers and Bullet Time but beyond that we're still understrength, so if something goes wrong we're unlikely to get out unharmed(now here's a spot where superstrength and fighting instinct could've been useful, eh?). Hence, running or calling in for the cavalry are our only viable choices here, doing A or D will put us into a position of "and what then?" after our powers run out. Sure, maybe something unexpected will happen, but I'm not counting on it.
edit: Think about Naram. Now there's a guy who doesn't get any mentions in history at all. Ever.
And thank The Emperor for that.
They spent many decades pursuing the means of doing so, and finally found a breakthrough in ancient Babylonian documents dating back to the rule of Marduk.
Actually, Marduk seems to be a known figure to them, although I don't know whether or not they recorded him annexing Assyria and the Indus Valley and curbstomping Greece shortly thereafter. And I never seen any reference to Dio's legend of Hero of the Empire, Bearer of the Emperor's Will and The Good Chancellor being tarnished, unless Shulgi and Co went on a smear campaign against him. Not that it's a terribly big deal, but every time I read "Shulgiland" I imagine a nation populated by Disney characters.
root, if she will introduce us to the Cult, I won't really mind. It will just give us an opportunity to infiltrate it and gather intel from the inside, and to find out whether or not Innana flowers really do enable contact with this "Goddess" of theirs (I am very curious as to what "she" is). Maybe even bring them down from the inside.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Edit also can I start the sub vote to Kill Mastermind Girl (eh I forgot her name and I is sleepy)

Probably not, because murdering someone in cold blood just because you're paranoid would be as out of character as Ean having hot sweaty sheepsex with Naram.

Actually, Marduk seems to be a known figure to them, although I don't know whether or not they recorded him annexing Assyria and the Indus Valley and curbstomping Greece shortly thereafter. And I never seen any reference to Dio's legend of Hero of the Empire, Bearer of the Emperor's Will and The Good Chancellor being tarnished, unless Shulgi and Co went on a smear campaign against him. Not that it's a terribly big deal, but every time I read "Shulgiland" I imagine a nation populated by Disney characters.

He is known as the god-king that united Mesopotamia, but the story of the Aegean War as known to the masses had been weaved into the tale of Ean's rise to Emperorhood by the time you guys got back from the rift. Of course, actual historians are more interested in the war itself than which bitch Ean was choking at the time, but as far as the commonfolk is concerned, Marduk the king is insignificant.

As for Diogenes, the aftermath of his disappearance wasn't pretty. Shulgi didn't need to tarnish anything; no matter how good you portray yourself to be, there will always be jealous nobles seeking your position in the Shinar Empire. We didn't dwell a lot on the backstabbing politics in his chapter (partially because of choices made), but Diogenes was just the bastardest of them all in a city full of bastards. After he just up and vanished as swiftly as his own meteoric rise to power, he left a power vacuum at the top. Before the year was out rumours of his scandalous misdeeds, true and false alike, were spread to discredit him and his allies. House Camna would never produce an heir that lived up to the standards set by their most illustrious member.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
every time I read "Shulgiland" I imagine a nation populated by Disney characters.

Same here. Plain "Shulgica" would be much better.

House Camna.

Do elaborate on them, would you, old bean? Does House Camna still exist? Are they biological descendants of Dio and the Princess he married? Do they carry even a slightest remnant of Ean's power in their veins? On that note, what's the chance any other Successor left progeny behind? And why do human-Gieloth hybrids (Officer Zheng, probably Senya and some of the cultists) seem to retain more of their supernatural heritage over the generations than human-Immortal hybrids do (well, the immediate children, like Daimos and Phobos, seemed pretty ok, but by Dio's time the Imperial House wasn't anything special)?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom