Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] Epic

TOME

Cuckmaster General
B

We should get a sword and ask that silver-hair girl for lessons.

Tigranes

Arcane
I think it's a good indication of how successfully weeaboo this is that "piece of shit" throws me off, stylistically. (That is, you'd rarely find that translation in a manga.)

The Princess, true to weeaboo conventions, doesn't seem purely malicious, and I think there's no harm in playing her game - as Senya says himself, he could easily handle that 'distraction' and still graduate just fine.

B but could be persuaded to A. I suppose we don't want to be too compliant, which would lose her interest.

Baltika9

Arcane
Incidentally, the two major branches for this part of the LP deal with "magic" and "science", respectively. One route will involve more of the "supernatural adventure" that we've been seeing thus far in the LP while the other is more of a science + political thriller.
I will be very disappointed if a bloke named Jeremiah won't make an appearance in this LP.
As for the vote, I'm thinking about either flipping her off (someone needs to poke a hole in her ego, besides which, the Shin'ar have come to us for help with their military. They need us more than we need them, if all else fails we can just go on and invent compound interest for banks and take her family down Rothschild style:smug:) or B. I recommend we stay away from physical activities until we can pull a Henry McCoy.

My problem with B is that it's too simple an answer and if there's anything I learned from the last eight chapters is that "obvious" does not necessarily mean "best."

Edit: why does she remind me of someo-
41.jpg

oh, that's right. Even through the millennia, Runikylos-47 still haunts us.
Edit: Tigranes, one ofRK47's LPs. Coincidences, go figure.

Baltika9

Arcane
Much as I hate licking her boots (seriously, if we get a chance to horribly fuck her over I say we take it), there's more to this than Senya, the princess or the school. Something tells me that Bad Things will start happening again so our hero will just have to eat shit for now and make Titans so that the planet doesn't get overwhelmed when shit starts hitting the fan.

B, because we'll have to play to our strengths.
A.

Baltika9

Arcane
Then again, B is too obvious an answer. And we got transferred to the class with a mysterious monster-hunter girl for pissing off the campus pwincess. Something's not right here, bros, I think we should take A. Flopping accordingly.

ScubaV

Prophet
We made our daring move ("Fuck school! Fuck da police!"), now it's time to temper it with the conservative choice.

B

Zwist

Learned
C.
What are we? A little bunny to jump at the princess command?
Yes, she might have enough personal power to squash us like a bug(Although I think we are to valuable a specimen for that), but if we jump now, we will be the pink bunny rabbit for the rest of our time here.
So lets try C at least.

A and B do however net the possibility of minions winning friends.
A will be harder, and thus possibly better for our character, might however break us (and will entail amusing tales of failure).
B is where we will be the Ace from the get go, which might spark delicious rivalry, however makes things easier.

Tigranes

Arcane
What's so terrible about what this Princess has done? She clearly likes-hates us in a typical weeaboo way, i.e. this is an ego battle that already begins from the premise that she is interested (not necessarily romantically) in us, that is, waiting for us at the school gates - a premise she is trying to mask with her shit fuck damn. It's a very different situation from one where she doesn't give a shit about us then we piss her off then she squashes. It can only be to our benefit to have her attention in the long run.

Besides which, yes, it won't be pure school life here, bad shit is going to go down and we want people in the school on board.

Baltika9

Arcane
I'm thinking she's trying to make our hero think with his balls rather than his head here and I think it's for a reason, hence why I flopped to A. I want to see where she's trying to lead us and besides which, maybe getting trounced up in athletics will motivate Senya to create a stimulant for his body, a-la Hank "The Beast" McCoy. Or Dr. Jekyll, either one works.

Although C would be my preferred choice.

Esquilax

Arcane
Sometimes you have to eat shit to get ahead, though. Why do you prefer C, Baltika9? If anything, stinging our character's pride and making him think with his dick is why she'd probably goad us into joining an athletic extracurricular, no?

Baltika9

Arcane
Because it seems to me that Zwist is right. Dancing to her tune will most likely make us a disposable tool for her (as in, contempt with no friendship or respect, but will help us in a political sense of "eat shit to get ahead"), whether or not we choose A or B and will mean that Senya will be lead to where she wants to lead him, which in turn means that we may get really fucked in the end and the planet with us. But since we are committing ourselves to this path, might as well commit ourselves fully and see where exactly she wants to lead us.
On the other hand, I may be giving her waaay too much credit here and she really is just as vapid and bitchy as she seems, or what the weeaboos call "tsundere" (where's newcomer when you need him?), in which case she's pushing us to A for humiliation, C will mean that we're committing assisted suicide and B is the only correct way out. It all depends on whether or not you believe there's heavy shit behind the scenes here. Which I most certainly do.
Incidentally, the two major branches for this part of the LP deal with "magic" and "science", respectively. One route will involve more of the "supernatural adventure" that we've been seeing thus far in the LP while the other is more of a science + political thriller.
Oh, now I get it. Playing her game means science and politics, going our own way means supernatural. Now, which one do we want most?

Tigranes

Arcane
Meh. I think it is in our interests to dance to her tune for now. It's a fast-track to getting a personal relationship with a powerful figure, to learn more about the world, to open up various new resources, opportunities and events, and, in the event some Bad Thing intrudes upon School Life...

Seriously, this isn't Diogenes Camna responding to Runikylos. This is a girl who is clearly interested in a boy goading him on, and the Zwistian view in such a circumstance is just neurosis. It has to be A or B.

Finally, hard to say which options correspond to magic or science, but I'm fine with enjoying the school life stuff for a bit, since I doubt it'll last anyway. So again, A/B.

Baltika9

Arcane
Which is why I want it to be A, in that case. If we're dancing to her tune, might as well go the whole mile.
Seriously, this isn't Diogenes Camna responding to Runikylos. This is a girl who is clearly interested in a boy goading him on, and the Zwistian view in such a circumstance is just neurosis.
In before MASSIVE troll.

Baltika9

Arcane
And how old was he then? Also, as I read it, he's a criminal of a sort. Is this correct?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
It's been 5 years since he woke up in the hospital and he's currently 16.

Yeah, he's committed some crimes back in his country. It's partially related to how you guys answered the questionnaire too.

Baltika9

Arcane
Ah great, the ISC really have our balls in a vise. Yeah, something's definitely going on behind the scenes. I may just be paranoid, of course, and pwincess may really be a stupid, spoiled brat, but consider this:
  • we're in the same scenario Dio was in, only more ambiguous: we woke up on a moon base (hurr hurr, Horus) with the smell on antiseptic, which suggests either surgery (and by the results, heavily invasive surgery at that; and for what, implants? Not the first time they tried and did this shit.) or a heavy injury and resulting treatment (unlikely). We have no recollection of these people that we call parents.
  • cut to present, we're living in a completely wired gilded cage of the Shin'Ar corporation (and I don't think it's anything other than that). Also, we're a criminal, albeit a genius one. They pretty much own the keys to our future ( treave, what were the exact terms of the arrangement?), so flipping them off will be rather risky and quite suicidal.
  • out in the night, we discover the white-haired girl prancing about with a katana and a presumed Gieloth (considering this is as far as you can get from "the dark corners of the world," this is suspicious, to say the least), one that now knows where we live. Also, I'm pretty sure there are cameras on the whole campus, so they would have spotted us running to the house and watching our security all night.
  • next day, we have pwincess wanting to show us around the school for no explained or apparent reasons whatsoever, in fact this is the first time she ever wanted to do something like that, but there it is. Why?
  • the white haired girl is in the class we got dumped to, for some reason. Again, why?
  • and, finally, she is trying to make Senya think with his lower head and "manly pride," and place him in the athletic team. Once again, why?
I want to see how deep this rabbithole goes.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Senya commits crimes related to the ISC while living in Higashi.
ISC captures him, says they will drop the matter and cover it up if he works for them.
They also make the offer of studying in Olympia all the way through university.
Senya makes some small demands of his own that go through (keeping his AI, secure housing etc)

That's pretty much it.

Also, with regards to cliched anime girls that have everything, there are usually two ways to succeed in getting their attention.

1) Be successful enough to impress them
2) Don't give them special treatment, piquing their interest

edit: The questionnaire actually provides a fair amount of foreshadowing even in its vagueness.

Baltika9

Arcane
'K, assuming she's a cliched anime girl that has everything, there are two roads to success: B and C, respectively. I much prefer C because, among other things, that's alpha as fuck and suits the criminal badboy thing Senya has going for him.

...thing is, I underestimated you for eight chapters and that cost us a kingdom, our powers, almost a life, Greece, three thousand years, Ean and Shulgi bromance and above all Ean. NEVAR FORGET!
Ergo, she's not just a cliched anime girl, eh?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Who knows? So far, every single character that has appeared has been a walking collection of weeaboo cliches. :lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom