Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] Epic

Baltika9

Arcane
A, since we chose the maximum risk option. I hate wastefulness (yes, yes, giant balls).

treave: will our conduct as Dio affect Ean's as well? Or will there be a split-personality battle?

Also, I eagerly await the moment Dio will get hungry. :incline:

newcomer

Learned
Or maybe... Aphrodite? Coz of the sweet smell? And she imitated a man's voice?
Or maybe our old Sekhenum?

Baltika9

Arcane
Or maybe... Aphrodite? Coz of the sweet smell? And she imitated a man's voice?
Or maybe our old Sekhenum?
Probably not Sekhenun, she was a fan of Ean's honor, so Dio's behavior would be too dissonant for her to call him Ean. But it could be Edem, or Nabu. Or just an agent of theirs.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

A - and I don't know about this being Ean thing. Maybe if we develop hunger, but til then I'd hold off on believing what this person says. It's too convenient...

Baltika9

Arcane
A - and I don't know about this being Ean thing. Maybe if we develop hunger, but til then I'd hold off on believing what this person says. It's too convenient...
Hmm... I think you maybe right.
The masked man appears to shrug. The sickly sweet smell got stronger as he did so, as it wafted its way into your nose.

“Look here.”

As you do so, a bright light flashes into your eyes, and you know no more.
treave, I seem to recall a bright light when the voices entered Ean. Am I misremembering?
Also
tumblr_m5d45bViYo1qzln97.gif

where's K?

Kipeci

Arcane
They're called 'petty' nobles for a reason. If we're not going to be honorable, we can at least be a little ambitious and bold.

A.

TOME

Cuckmaster General
We are going to screw Ean over if what the masked mans says is true.

A

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Also, that masked man is probably Shulgi. Unfortunately for him, we've become the practical incarnation, and an Ean unfettered by the chains of morality is a beast to be truly feared. Now is the time to seek out power and grab whatever portion of it we can. Let us consume and expand and rise without heed for the little things crushed beneath our feet. We slew our own father and lady love without a tear, what else wouldn't we sacrifice for power? What couldn't we?

ScubaV

Prophet
Voting A. I hope that if Dio really is Ean then we can get enough of his morality back in time to flip the script and aid Runikylos in reforming the empire instead of sabotaging him. That said, this is some deliciously painful C&C, even if our character is benefiting. Bravo, treave.

Some thoughts:
That sickly sweet smell bothers me, but I'm not sure what it would be from. A fungus perhaps?
If Lambchop's suspicions are right, what's going on may be related to those experiments by Marduk's scientist Gieloth: imparting humans with superhuman qualities.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
If Lambchop's suspicions are right, what's going on may be related to those experiments by Marduk's scientist Gieloth: imparting humans with superhuman qualities.

Hm... if you are correct, it means that I lied and that option C back at the interlude wasn't PST after all, but could be Baldur's Gate?

A. Bioware
B. Bioware
C. Black Isle Bioware

Sorry guys, this is actually becoming Final Fantasy VII. Next update, Dio gets a katana and his blonde hair turns spiky.

:troll:

Baltika9

Arcane
Smashing Axe: there's always more.
And while I do not think Dio is Ean himself, that would mean either the Masters got their hands on his memories and sent an agent to play Earth,or someone got their hands on Ean, in which case "oh shit" indeed.

Arpad

Educated
I hope there is some crossdressing involved.

A.

I wonder how that shit will affect Dio. Looks like those other Ean's have gotten the same treatment.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
A - we're gonna marry a princess, FFS. It's only natural we'll cooperate with her brother closely, instead of slaving at the Foreign Office.

Edit: Also, Diogenes is much, much more cold-hearted than I suspected. Gambling on Thia commiting suicide? Wow. Just wow. If things continue this way, this LP will fill the void left by grotsnik, as far as being a complete monster is concerned :salute:

Tigranes

Arcane
Isn't it a possibility that the Watcher who's contacting us now is the Option A Rogue Watcher that we might have chosen?

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Possibilities that I see:
1. The watcher is someone capable of granting humans powers similar to the immortals/gieloth - could be Shulgi, Sek or someone else (the real Ean even - or part of him) and is manipulating Dio and possibly others (ie, the Ean cults).
2. We actually are Ean - in part or in whole...

2 poses several interesting questions:
Why is our personality so different from the original Ean? Why did Ean revert to being a child? (As it said we were found at the age of 10...) Are we fully Ean, or does Dio just have a part of Ean - mind and/or body...? How did the Watcher know we were Ean? Why aren't we hungry? (Did the masters fix our hunger before sending us back?)

Tigranes

Arcane
The return trip to sphere-land better not have destroyed Ean as a singular entity, splitting parts of his memories, powers and personalities into different individuals, one of whom may rise above to become the primary spawn in whom he may return to our universe-

Oh. I see.

bg_skull2b.jpg

TOME

Cuckmaster General
The return trip to sphere-land better not have destroyed Ean as a singular entity, splitting parts of his memories, powers and personalities into different individuals, one of whom may rise above to become the primary spawn in whom he may return to our universe-

Oh. I see.

bg_skull2b.jpg
:bounce:

Kipeci

Arcane
Two questions:

1. How are the Gutians? Have they been assimilated or something?

2. Treave, you said that the Persians were eventually going to be an issue, yet there's obviously nothing resembling a Persia on the map. Is that yet to come, or did they already start some nonsense that got put down jillions of years ago?

Baltika9

Arcane
Edit: Also, Diogenes is much, much more cold-hearted than I suspected. Gambling on Thia commiting suicide? Wow. Just wow. If things continue this way, this LP will fill the void left by grotsnik, as far as being a complete monster is concerned :salute:
I hope you don't mean to trade Ean in for Dio.
Swapping the very rare person in the dimensions that actually gives a shit for the lives of lesser beings, human or otherwise, for a power-hungry, amoral prick is a dedicate :decline:, no matter how intricate the plots we can weave are.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom