Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] Epic

Baltika9

Arcane
One, he most likely can shapeshift. Two, he's a widower. Lastly, I meant all the masters. Since they're "interested" and all. Sounds better than being their bitch.
Actually, if B wins, it would be cool if we ended up with a female master.
:troll:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
A - 1
B - 5
C - 10

C wins. Well... all I can say is... in all your haste to hurry back, have you considered how much time has passed since you were trapped in the sphere, and maybe that my quip about amnesia wasn't a joke?

Update on the way.

Kipeci

Arcane
I was fine with all the options, but I hadn't expected C to actually win.

As long as that sphere pet bit wasn't a joke, this will be excellent! If it was, though, this will be devastating. :(

Esquilax

Arcane
Aww shit, I was about to flop back to B because it occurred to me that going back to Earth was pointless. Fuck. Not that it would have made a difference with B's majority. This is another bad decision, I think.

Shoulda sucked it up and worked our way up with the Masters, increasing our power and knowledge, biding our time.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Out of the frying, pan into the fire, then out of the fire...and back into the fire again? You'd think Ean would have learned that spheres are bad news, but apparently he likes balls.

*sigh* I miss the voices. They used to give us hints that prevented us from making some of the really bad choices...

newcomer

Learned
C wins. Well... all I can say is... in all your haste to hurry back, have you considered how much time has passed since you were trapped in the sphere, and maybe that my quip about amnesia wasn't a joke?

Few thousand years? The masters are already talking about some legacy and stuffs, so at least Ean's bratlings have multiplied?

Bloodshifter

Educated
A - 1
B - 5
C - 10

Update on the way.

Huzzah For DemiGods and/or an insane amount of Teras. and that darn Tree

Kipeci

Arcane
I think legacy referred more to a decently strong empire... at least, I hope that's what it referred to.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Chapter 7.1: Prelude to a Storm

The three thousand year old history of the Shinar Empire has been one fraught with conflict and bloodshed. Founded by the mythical figure Ean as a union of the great Egyptian and Babylonian kingdoms, the Empire saw a great period of early growth which would set its direction for the centuries to come. The laws and policies set down during the Ancient Era of the Empire would endure, far longer than those of any other of its contemporary societies. The Empire's greatest rivals were the Skane in the North and the reclusive Concordiat in the East, ancient kingdoms that predated the Empire itself. The Skane kingdom, however, mysteriously collapsed in 750 A.C., allowing the Empire a free rein to expand over the northern lands. A puppet king of their choosing was installed to rule over the Skane, as it was with the other kingdoms that made up the Shinar Empire. The various kingdoms that pay homage to the Shinari have always been fractious. The hereditary kings that ostensibly rule their lands are quarrelsome at best, and many times in its history the Empire has been beset by civil war as the kings fought to put an Emperor that would favour them, and not their rivals, on the throne in Ankida. Although the lands would splinter, the one unchanging constant is the imperial family, who kept the Empire together by the sheer inertia of tradition. The head of the family was, of course, the Emperor of the Shinar. He claimed a consort from each kingdom of the empire, eight in total. In practice the consorts are equal in stature, though of course each Emperor had his own favourite, and the political jockeying in this inner court rivaled that of the kings and ministers in the throne room. Factions and loyalties shifted constantly, as they attempted to gain the Emperor's favour.

At the close of the third millenium of the Empire's existence, the climate cooled drastically. The harsh winters caused poor crop bounties, and the Empire's much vaunted road networks could do little to alleviate the problem. The resulting unrest aided in spreading the popularity of the mushrooming doomsday cults that claimed the founder of the Emperor was soon to return and bring all citizens of the Empire into a Golden Land. As they grew, many more men - and women, in some places - appeared, claiming the name of the First Emperor Ean and demonstrating the supernatural powers that he was reputed to have possessed...

A. You are a newly inducted member of the Watchers, an ancient organization that has served the Empire for millenia. Your first assignment has you - unfortunately - heading to the northern lands to investigate the Cult of the Returned Emperor...

B. You are a new recruit manning the Great Wall of Korinthos, where the threat of the Terasphagos have not been seen for centuries. Being stationed at the wall is one of the most boring and mundane duties for a soldier of the Empire, but one day, you get the excitement you have been yearning for...

C. You are an up and coming imperial noble and diplomat, well-versed in the ways of the world despite your youth. Though you are very far removed from the throne, your noble status and talent has put you in a very interesting position. Mysterious men come to you with an offer...

D. As the resident madman of a rural village in the hinterlands of Anatolia, no one pays you any more attention than necessary. That is, until you discover a certain secret...

m4davis

Scholar
A so then either ean really is gone or he just lost his memories and where choosing who he thinks he is I'am betting on the latter

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Depending on which character you choose, you'll find out a lot more about what has happened in the past three thousand years.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Sorry, lemme rephrase that.

Every character will find out something different, some will find out more than the others, and yes, m4davis has some inkling of what is going on here but it's not the full picture.

Don't want unexpected stuff to happen, don't go in the void.

:troll:

Baltika9

Arcane
treave, you kidding me? I'm loving this. We're almost like the real Empah, except they didn't make a golden throne for us (well fuck them too)! I just hope we'll get to play as Ean again.
I'd kiss you right now if I could. But I'll settle for a :brodex:

oscar

Arcane
For some reason I'm getting a Morrowind vibe. I quite like the idea of this. Though perhaps not if Ean has to regain all his powers from scratch..

C and D sound the most interesting to me. C. I like the idea of playing a character a bit more 'polished'.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Example of what could come to pass for each of the choices (you guys have a talent for taking things in unexpected directions the moment I offer a crucial choice):

A. Cults, politics, intrigue
B. War, politics, intrigue
C. Politics, diplomacy, intrigue
D. Dogfucker leads the rabble horde to sweep the Empire in an orgy of dogfucking and looting. Plus some war and intrigue.

Pretty much, this is a chapter where you are reintroduced to the empire and how it has become bloated and complicated over thousands of years. Shulgi would have a stiffy at the number of plots in motion at any one time. Everyone is Shulgi.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom