Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] Epic

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Was Ramman the one we killed? It was rather vague, it could just as well have been one of their childer. I wouldn't rule him out just yet.

treave, is the tingling coming from our head, or is it actually a physical sensation coming from our body. Paranoid me is thinking it's Sek's sibling taking over, but I realise that's a long shot given the wording.

On another note, we should really get Sek to diagnose us, we need to understand what's going on before taking strange risks that could bite us in the back for a long-time

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Ramman is dead, yes. You can't describe the sensation, just that something is trying to emerge.

Esquilax

Arcane
It seems to me that Sekhenun's poisoning had more of an effect on Ramman than it did on Ahati:

You feel something slimy barrel into you, knocking you to the ground. With a yell, you drive your fist into the mysterious thing and summon a burst of fire. The thing squeals and falls away from you, the darkness vanishing together with it. You see it clearly now – it was a Gieloth out of disguised, screaming and screeching telepathically as it writhes helplessly on the floor before finally flopping lifelessly and melting away.

That’s what second-best does.

Ramman is weaker than Ahati, so I think that we could handle him with only one arm like we did with Shulgi now that he's drugged. Oh yeah, C sounds completely retarded: we'd end up eating everybody in the room, including Sekhenun.

I don't think losing an arm will be a big deal. Considering that we are at pre-earthquake levels, the arm could probably regenerate in a little over a week. When Baran nearly chopped us in half back in Tjaru, we were still able to fight the day after, albeit in a weakened state. So I don't see a lost limb as a huge setback.

B

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Yeah, B. We don't want our mind too close to the alien Gieloth presence.

I'm becoming more of a risk taker. This could increase our power to a level yet unreached. We may become more Gieloth in nature consequently and we may loose control and eat Sek, but I don't think we'll be stuck in tentacle mode all the time. If we ever want a chance to defeat the Masters, we have to accept that we will have to sacrifice our humanity in order to save it.

With all that said, I could flip again.

C

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
It's not hunger this time by the way. You've discussed this with Sekhenun though I couldn't figure out where to slot in her theory in this update. Something different. Gieloth related though.

Tigranes

Arcane
I don't really see a great reason to take the risk of C now. If we manage to kill Ahati here, then we've destroyed all of Marduk's lieutenants, the cult uprising will succeed, we'll have the Gutians, we'll have done everything right to face Marduk. So why risk having all of our work go to waste and go for a long dirtnap - again?

B

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
I don't really see a great reason to take the risk of C now. If we manage to kill Ahati here, then we've destroyed all of Marduk's lieutenants, the cult uprising will succeed, we'll have the Gutians, we'll have done everything right to face Marduk. So why risk having all of our work go to waste and go for a long dirtnap - again?

B
I don't think it will lead to a dirt-nap, B by the sound of it has more chance of that. No, this will likely be the manifestation of a new power, however at a consequence, shifting us more towards a Gieloth in essence. At least that's my interpretation.

Baltika9

Arcane
After analyzing the situation and thinking about it, this is what I surmised:
A- we get free and are incapacitated for the rest of the fight (psychic assault and wounds and all), which leaves it up to Sekhenun to finish Ahati off. I think we all see the problem here. Besides, something tells me that Sekhenun is either dead or incapacitated. Double the trouble then.

B- we lose an arm (as I read it, the whole appendage, up to the shoulder, not just the fapping part. Confirm, treave?), but we kill it for sure. Now, I don't know what our regenerative capabilities were at pre-earthquake level(again, is a confirm possible?), but our hand way back when took more than a couple of months to heal. It would not be the safest course of action in the long term, but short-term it is. And who can say what happens to Marduk on his way and during his stay in Greece?
Of course there is that small chance that we die, or go to sleep (unless treave confirms that this will get her killed and keep us conscious.)

C- I honestly think this is Panharth, or whatever her name is, trying to break through now that our mental defenses are distracted (however, in that case, why didn't she do it while we were depowered?), and if we give in, we have a strong chance of losing our body to her for quite a bit of time. I don't think that Sekhenun will help us push her sister back in our subconscious (this may have been her plan all along. Not likely though), whatever the odds/cost are/is. Or, we'll just go batfuck insane. However, if we beat the odds, we stand a strong chance of getting an "ultimate form" and a considerable power boost. Also:
1213129-0kurgan1.jpg

5181502853_86d068bf8d_n.jpg

:( Can anyone here blame me? Can you, can you really?
Of course, whatever happens, I'm rather sure that this will cancel out the Immortals' and other Gieloth's obliviousness towards Ean. Maybe due to stories, or due to them sensing us. And I'm also rather sure that this will kill Sekhenun, since she's already quite banged up, and unleashing whatever it is will not be safe for the surrounding environment.

So, I flopped as a result of my own arguments. As much as I'd love to be a massive douche for a couple of decades around the whole world. Hey, maybe we should find Shulgi and Naram and just troll them for a bit after we get done here, how about it, bros?

Baltika9

Arcane
About Sekhenun, assuming she survives this night, and doesn't betray us if she does, we should really, really strike a new deal with her. Last time, we did ask for way too much (friendship+all she knows+eternal loyalty, that was pushing it.) This time we should offer to lift the ban, no questions asked, in exchange for a permanent alliance, loyalty, fidelity (insofar as we both agree not to back stab one another or sell each other out) and not eating one another. Friendship will be a great bonus if it comes along, but not something you can negotiate.
Yes, it may seem like a pointless concession and losing out on some good intel, but at least we can safely trust Sekhenun with anything (eg.: tests, plans, theories, healing, etc), because I, for one, am getting tired on speculating and constantly double-taking her dialogue and actions for signs of treason/plotting. Can't work like this, bros.

And, of course, I couldn't help myself:
"You are an over-confident prick sometimes, do you know that?"
"Shut up baby, you love it."
That line just makes me want to be bro with him/her/it all the more.

B because I don't like C. We might get hurt badly, but if we take Ahati out our job here is done and we can regenerate before we need to face Zeus or Marduk. Hopefully.

But wouldn't it be safer to use a sword rather then an arm to do this?

Esquilax

Arcane
I don't think it will lead to a dirt-nap, B by the sound of it has more chance of that. No, this will likely be the manifestation of a new power, however at a consequence, shifting us more towards a Gieloth in essence. At least that's my interpretation.

A is most likely to be the dirtnap choice:

More tentacles wrapped themselves around your body. You feel the corrosive effect of the Gieloth body begin to take effect, and your flesh begin to melt. This close to the maw, your mind feels like it is beginning to unravel too, as screams and gibberish from Ahati fill your head until you are unable to concentrate on anything else.

Despite our mistrust of Sek, she's an amazing source of information and might help us unlock light manipulation powers from Pahnrath's knowledge in a far more controlled manner than giving into this urge will. I also don't like the idea of Ean giving into the dark whispers of the tentacles and possibly having to contend with both his hunger and Pahnrath's resurfacing consciousness. I want to play it safe because I want to ensure that Ean remains in control of his actions. We have enough trouble dealing with Ean's anger, I definitely don't want to add the trouble of dealing with a separate consciousness trying to control us into the mix as well, it sounds like a disaster.

Keep in mind that back in Tjaru, had we decided to steel ourselves against Nabu's psychic assault, we would be in the same position that Pahnrath probably is right now. Fragments of consciousness attempting to assume control of a body. I'd rather not be on the receiving end of that, and C makes that more likely. C provides short-term power, but it results in losing a piece of Ean's autonomy. I simply can't trust in something like that.

Recall our first meeting with Sekhenun:

you made what you stole from Pahnrath your own, immortal

... it looks like her body still recognizes her own mind

If we choose C, I doubt that what we stole from Pahnrath will truly be our own any more.

As far as recovery time for a lost arm goes, I'm estimating that we're looking at anywhere from a few weeks to a month at most. Basically, the amount of time it would take to rally our army comprised of Gutian warriors and Babylonian defectors/rebels and take them to Greece. Given the choices we've made so far (i.e. rallying the Gutians to minimize losses and gaining their loyalty), we should be able to rally a sizeable army in the meantime to compensate for our handicap in the meantime. We are fresh from our last feeding, so we have some time before we start to see a decline in our abilities.

This was Ean's regeneration ability at the beginning of Chapter 3:

Average. Small cuts can fully heal in minutes, while more serious wounds may take days. Missing parts can take months to recover, depending on the complexity and size of the part.

Since we're now at pre-earthquake power, our regeneration ability is probably significantly better. I'm basing that on the fact that Baran nearly cut us in half back in Tjaru and the voices estimated that the recovery time would only be a few days at most. We should definitely pick B, it's better in the long run.

Baltika9

Arcane
As far as recovery time for a lost arm goes, I'm estimating that we're looking at anywhere from a few weeks to a month at most. Basically, the amount of time it would take to rally our army comprised of Gutian warriors and Babylonian defectors/rebels and take them to Greece. Given the choices we've made so far (i.e. rallying the Gutians to minimize losses and gaining their loyalty), we should be able to rally a sizeable army in the meantime to compensate for our handicap in the meantime. We are fresh from our last feeding, so we have some time before we start to see a decline in our abilities.
Actually, if we do that, we'll have to come clean with the whole immortal thing. Unless you want this to happen:
"Didn't you lose an arm?"
"...yeah."
"So, the fuck's going on, then?"
Cue him thinking us one of Marduk's monsters.
Actually, judging by his character, he's a guy that's more liable to get angry at us for lying/"withholding" information. And the longer we do that, the angrier he will get when he finds out. And, yes, it is a matter of when.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
It's not like hiding our missing arm would be a problem... Just cover it with a cloak. Sure everyone would find it suspicious, but it'd be better than regenerating it in plain sight. Other arrangements are also possible. Seclusive prayers in thanks for our victory? Nobody would bat an eyelid.

I *think* we should tell Gudersu the truth though. A gut feeling, if you will.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Yes, it's an arm loss choice, you lose it all the way up to the shoulder. Knitting wounds together is easier and faster than, say, making an entire new limb. All choices set up a possible upgrade down the road though their costs are different.

Kipeci

Arcane
Yes, it's an arm loss choice, you lose it all the way up to the shoulder. Knitting wounds together is easier and faster than, say, making an entire new limb. All choices set up a possible upgrade down the road though their costs are different.
We'd survive A, then? Awesome. I go for A, we must invest more in mind rape.

Baltika9

Arcane
Treave, I have two more questions: is it possible to use the bone from our arm, instead of our rib, for the Honourblade, if we manage to recover it? And if we get to the point of flight, what will it take for Ean to fly in space without a suit or oxygen supply?

Treave, I have two more questions: is it possible to use the bone from our arm, instead of our rib, for the Honourblade, if we manage to recover it?
Recycling the bone of our arm. Nice idea - waste not, want not. A bone is a bone, right? And even if it isn't quite the same, maybe Sekhunen could help us use it anyway. She did came up with the design in the first place after all.

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
I don't think we should do that, it'd just increase the time it takes for us to heal. Just have the bone held in place by a splint and wait for the flesh to regrow, that is, assuming there's any bone left at all.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom