Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] Pilgrimage

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Best keep VYCK within eyesight. And hell take Melinoe. Let each one watch the other.

Rex Feral

Prophet
Eh, root , could you give us a list of people we could take and a short description of their skills for each?

For example:

1) Name - short description

And we can vote by numbers.

Or since we can have any number of people with us we could vote with Yes/No/Don't care where Yes is a +1, No is a -1 and Don't care is a 0. Any character with a score above 0 will come with us.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
i can write a captain's log entry listing the crew and you can judge it then. it'll take longer tho, but ill get on it

That'd be great, methinks.

Also, thanks for continued lessons in Drujology. But you have damned yourself. Yatlology time, since Hejirah seems to know a bit about them. Metallic gardens? So orbital habitats? Does he have anything more to add? The Legate speculates that Melinoe might be a Yatl, what is Hejirah's opinion? If, that is, the Legate deems it wise to share his doubts with the Druj (what, by the way, is the exact nature of the Legate's compact with the creature? What is the price it demands?).

As far as exploring the Yatl ship goes and the Legate's fears that his daytime command of the Holy Flame might fail to pierce the ship's hull... well, just try it out from the outside, while still safely(?) aboard the Vainglory?

Rex Feral

Prophet
Nice.

Now let's make voting easier:

THE CORE (most useful, least to be missed):

1) FEDOR VYCK, SCHOLAR & GENTLEMAN ~ Duelist & Diplomat, might stab us in the back if we take him, might plot against us if we don't
2) SENESCHAL GALLEAT ~ Fussy administrator, probably useless, unless the worst enemies we encounter are endless lists and calculus
3) MELINOË, THE EYELESS ONE ~ Fallen Angel, useful and bound to our will, tho could become bound to someone stronger we might encounter on the ship
4) THE CHIRURGEON ~ A reasonable woman, squishy healer type
5) 8 MEN INQUISITORIAL SQUAD ~ The Vigil’s best (not all that good), cannon fodder

ENGINEERING (medium usefulness, situational on us encountering mechanical things):

6) VAANTROP, CHIEF OF WORKS ~ Stolid and solid, and definitely not a dwarven engineer
7) ASSORTED MECHANICS

THE CREW (low usefulness, hard to impossible to replace in case things go wrong, except the cabin boy):

8) THE CAPTAIN ~ Would like to have been a pirate, stuck at being commanded by landlubbers
9) RIVERNECK, SECOND-IN-COMMAND ~ Dreams of the Deep, totally not possesed by Cthulu
10) APANAGIAS, COOK ~ Good with a cleaver, yells "FRESH MEAT", everytime someone enters the kitchen
11) MATCHES, THE CABIN BOY ~ A mistake, also voted as "most probable to be revealed as OP deus ex machina"
12) ASSORTED SAILORS

Voting goes by points. Yes = +1, No = -1, Don't Care = 0

Any Choice with a score of above 0, come with us.

oscar

Arcane
Fedor, Melinoe, Vaantrop, 3 Inquisitors

Last edited:

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Too many numbers. My vote is vyck, cabin boy, vaantrop, 4 of the red shirts (soldiers). Everyone else stays behind.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
1) FEDOR VYCK, SCHOLAR & GENTLEMAN - yes - need to keep an eye on him
2) SENESCHAL GALLEAT - no - better have someone responsible back at the Vainglory
3) MELINOË, THE EYELESS ONE - yes
4) THE CHIRURGEON - don't care
5) 8 MEN INQUISITORIAL SQUAD - no - let them be the Seneschal's backup

6) VAANTROP, CHIEF OF WORKS - don't care
7) ASSORTED MECHANICS - don't care

8) THE CAPTAIN - no - seems trustworthy enough to remain, esp. with the Seneschal and our 8-man squad keeping an eye on him
9) RIVERNECK, SECOND-IN-COMMAND - yes - need to keep an eye on him
10) APANAGIAS, COOK - don't care
11) MATCHES, THE CABIN BOY - yes - need to keep an eye on him
12) ASSORTED SAILORS - don't care

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I'm not sure if you people know this, but me, root and a few other Codexers have a channel on IRC where we discuss CYOA LPs and P&P settings.

I've been contacted by a friend of root, a long time lurker on the Dex who goes by RakoonMouse, who used to play Counter-Strike with us, and he told me root passed away from an OD a couple of days back. root wrote some generally well-regarded quality WH40k fanfics, was generally considered a quality member of this community and generally a fighter for incline. I've talked to a few other people who knew root and the information seems to be legit. Obviously I haven't contacted the family, because I don't know how nor would I intrude upon them. WhiteGuts might know something, but this depressing piece of news seems solid.

So, my condolences for his family and a remembrance for the dearly departed.

Esquilax

Arcane
This is terrible. root was such a great guy, one of the best people on the 'Dex, and I'm not just talking about his contributions here. What a tragedy that a guy in the prime of his life, with all that intelligence and creativity, should pass away like that.

Note: If I'm being trolled, that is bullshit.

Kayerts

Arcane
This is very sad. Root was a fantastic poster and a fantastic person. I was just thinking last week that it was strange that one of my favorite pieces of writing ever was a CYOA on this forum. My condolences to those who knew him well, and my condolences to all of us who won't get to appreciate all the amazing things he had left to write. The fallen will be forever remembered as the Emperor's finest.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom