Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Uh... he keeps coming for her nevertheless. At the Black Tiger's valley, in Tufan, searching for her after the Tufan tournament at the Fire Temple and among the Central Plains.

If she thought about it for a second, she'd know we give a damn about her.

But oh well.

You went to play with some Fire Cult kiddies instead of going to her fight at Heihu. You only crossed paths with her after that because Qilin was taken hostage. You went to the temple only after two years. And you weren't exactly searching for her, she just happened to cross your path again in Youxia. It's not that clear cut, actually. From her point of view.

Eh, I'll be frank here. On my part, I feel that the most natural way to write it is for her to take it rather badly, given the events that just happened. Making it work as some romantic gesture is going to take some more thinking and scene-tweaking to be convincing, with the personalities of these two people.

Thankfully, I have the Codex to write romantic lines for me.

Counting on you guys.

Last edited:

asxetos

Augur
...Same guy who kissed her on a whim...
Thats the clue right there. It is not on whim this time. Also its more of a declratation than a confession.
Say something along the lines, "We have much to talk about and solve between us, but first I want us to complete this together. Do you trust me?" When she nods, kiss her.
And for the love of god, dont pat her on the head at that momment, no matter how hard to resist.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Well, that's a good start for me to work with, but for now I still can't imagine Xu Jing going all serious business with her over Shaolin's gauntlet. Just seems a bit strange, considering his behaviour thus far and the low stakes in play. If it was Super Ahura waiting up there, fate of the world in both your hands, then this would be a fitting time for a kiss and share, but it isn't. It's going to have to be a bit more playful, I think. But, hey, something I can build on.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Why not mention that our race is not yet finished? Appeal to her competitive nature? Tell her that we will give her qi back so she can get back into the game.

Then do it in a playful way she does not quite expect. But still keep our word.

We did want to team up with her.

I'm not good at writing the lines, so I am just giving the outline. Is it in character, and will it fit the bill?

Last edited:

asxetos

Augur
Nevill i dont think kissing her with the pretence to only finish the race will work.

But it can be used to break the ice and add some playfulness after the kiss in my suggestion like: "We do have to finish our race after all, dont we?"

Nevill

Arcane
It is not just a pretence. Winning is important to her.

And doing it together is important to us, seeing how Jing chose her over Armaiti.

I don't know, it might get the message across without outright spelling it, which I feel Jing is incapable of.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I suppose from reading all this I'm getting a few ideas of how it might be playful and how the initial approach might look like. Great.

Oh, right. Should she ask, "why did/do you kiss me?", how should Jing respond?

Nevill

Arcane
I suppose blushing furiously would be a good start. :M

Does it have to be an answer, or can a lack of an answer speak for itself? I mean, he can't confess to her (yet), he'd rather die instead. :)

Last edited:

ChumBucket

Augur
Something similar to my line would work here: "I don't like to loose, and I am stronger with you than without you. Remember, I did jump off my horse for you." :smug:

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
"The heavens themselves cannot keep us apart it seems. Whatever we do, we always end up together.

Now, let's finish this gauntlet as we started it. A pair.

Qilin and Cao'er might refer to you as "third", but you were the one I first proposed to, even if I did not know it at the time."

Akkudakku

Arbiter
Well we csn blush like mad for starters and stutter that we dont realy know but it brewed in us for years since the mansion or that horse fight.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Alright, some good stuff to incorporate here. In fact I think this might actually be one of those times where design by committee is going to shine. I'll keep it open then, for more ideas to come in.

Akkudakku

Arbiter
"The heavens themselves cannot keep us apart it seems. Whatever we do, we always end up together.

Qilin and Cao'er might refer to you as "third", but you were the one I first proposed to, even if I did not know it at the time."
I like this too.

Baltika9

Arcane
Thankfully, I have the Codex to write romantic lines for me.

Counting on you guys.
Serenade her:

But seriously, we're doing this to get her back info fighting shape and to break their pesky little relationship block. So we need something combative to go with it. asxetos' stuff is a good start, but how's this for a continuation: "We're bettter fighting together than alone. Remember that night against Changfeng? And the fight with the toad demon? I'd have no one else here but you, Yunzi, now let's go kick some ass!"

Akkudakku

Arbiter
Lets tell ther that we need her, that we need her to help us do this together. That we always needed her for all these years.

When she asks us ehat we are doing blush and say that it was years overdo. And kiss again

Nevill

Arcane

I can't picture Jing being that forward. When asked about his feelings, his kneejerk reaction is to deny, deny, deny, be it Shun or Yang Xue or the object of his affections asking.

But maybe the inability to deny it for once can be indicative of something?

Although I like this line (or rather, the intention and meaning behind it):

Last edited:

Kayerts

Arcane
"Long ago, I promised you the moon and the stars for your love. I'm still coming up short, but here's a spark to start."

Baltika9

Arcane
I can't picture Jing being that forward. When asked about his feelings, his kneejerk reaction is to deny, deny, deny, be it Shun or Yang Xue or the object of his affections asking.

But maybe the inability to deny it for once can be indicative of something?
I think now is the time to sack up and be forward. Hopefully our emotional experiences with Qilin and Cao'er (anal rape notwithstanding) prepared us for this.

Nevill

Arcane
Oh, the time is long overdue. But I don't think he is capable of it yet. I mean, this was just two months ago:
“…I’m not that irresponsible… you’ve already claimed that spot…” you mutter quietly, appearing to do an imitation of Cao’er in your reluctance to speak up. Qilin perks up, her eyes shining brightly. “Oh? What did you say? Can you say it again?” Giving her a dismissive snort, you refuse to play her games and stalk off without answering her.
He did learn to admit it somewhat, but it will take him a while until he will be able to announce his feelings loudly.

I kind of want to know what he told Qilin that night she thought about going back to her mother... if anything. That would help us know where we stand, emotional development-wise.

Last edited:

Ganymede

Learned
I don't know if Azira's lines can be topped. That nigga has the soul of a poet.

The Shaolin Gauntlet III
Yunzi scowls fetchingly. “…I am going to kill you after this.”

"I'll really kill you, Xu Jing," she whispers angrily.

*SMOOCH*

"Now if you still want to kill me I understand. My life's in your hands...

But I think the Abbot would be terribly disappointed. Get up Holy Maiden, this race isn't over yet."

If she then goes all 'b-but why!?' then you hit her with the sincerity. Maybe an admission that your choices have been less than ideal, and a promise to change things for the better.

Akkudakku

Arbiter
Codex being romantic, this gotta be the first time ;-)
So we gave our ideas and I think this will be one heartmoving confession ;-)

a cut of domestic sheep prime

*reads the lines*
Oh, but we really are screwed. *sigh* Called it. I blame everything on Esquilax.

In all seriousness, A would have been best. This is the biggest gamble in the LP so far. I feel like we're about to turn our back on Bai again.

Oh, well, might as well try my hand:

"I'm not going to leave you. Not again. Though, in truth, I never did. You've always been with me. In my mind...and in my heart." *whips out the wolfs fang amulet*

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom