Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Absinthe

Arcane
Why'd you cross out royally?

a cut of domestic sheep prime

In any case, it looks like B has pretty much won this - unless all the C voters want to flop to A or all the A voters flop to C.

The fallout from everyone learning that we have the technique will suck, but it may be worth it to see the shocked looks on the shaolin elders faces as we slap them silly with their own techniques.

Kayerts

Arcane
The only game changer here is B. In B, we'll be effectively revealing to everyone in the pugilistic community that we have one of the most prized and forbidden techniques in the world. In case anyone has forgotten, the suspicion of us having it was enough to make Bai KILL US (rollback 3, wasn't it?). People will be hounding us because of this. Personally, I'm fine with that if it means beating the3se guys and the Abbot. But anyone who's freaking out over C being revealed in favor of B needs to check themselves.

We won't be revealing our skills to the world; we'll be revealing them to Shaolin. If we win the challenge, we will be part of Shaolin. Shaolin bros don't spill Shaolin bros' secrets in cold blood, bro.

Absinthe

Arcane
We can still do that after C though. Presumably when we leech nine elders on top of our own 8 neigong we will have enough qi to be able to use Wuxiang Qiankun on the abbot. Wont know for sure but either way showing up with boosted neigong is better than showing up with reduced neigong.

Well, lets see if anyone has a change of mind about all this.

Last edited:

Shaolin bros don't spill Shaolin bros' secrets in cold blood, bro.
Yeah, because those monks were so bro at keeping our secret back in the YT tournament. I think that if we've learned anything in this LP, it's that martial artists gossip more than schoolgirls.

Baltika9

Arcane
There's a difference between that and revealing a legendary technique that gives pugilists boners from just hearing is name.

Last edited:

Tribute

Arbiter
Nine Yin Divine Skill is the third of the three legendary techniques that give pugilists boners just from hearing its name. That's why I'm asking if we got that.

Also, flopping to C

Tribute

Arbiter
Not an all-female sect, and I forgot to add that Jiuyin technique. You can learn its basics with 1 or 2.
If I'm remembering what this refers to correctly (trading knowledge of techniques with BJ), we taught the basics of WQS in exchange for the basics of Jiuyin. At least, that was the deal as I understood it.

I believe it's this technique:
Jiuying Zhiyu Sword (九影制獄劍, Nine Shadows Imprisonment Sword).
Level 1:
Reflective Blade's Shadow - A slow yin move allowing the sword to appear as if it is engulfed in darkness, disguising its movements.

We also got this out of the deal, I think:
Red Cloud Sword - A powerful sword move inspired by Huashan's Zixia Swordplay, channeling a strong, chaotic swirl of qi to enhance the strength and speed of the attacks.

Absinthe

Arcane
Also this one:
Gentle Storm Dance - An extremely swift sword dance derived from Huashan's Kuangfeng Swift Sword and your own Leaf Dance of the Azure Dragon, focusing on speedy slashes and precision jabs.
I also figured we might get a +1 sword skill out of this exchange, but eh, nope. Turns out trading Wuxiang Qiankun basics wasn't good enough for that. Well, +1 swords has become a running joke by now.

Tribute

Arbiter
I don't think what we learned was complex and intensive enough to justify +1 swords. We are at near-master level in swords.

Elfberserker

Liturgist
A>C , floppity floppy, flop.

I rather that we reveal vampirism than super tech.

Thought I still think old way is the best way.

Esquilax

Arcane
We're going to reveal that super-tech anyways if we plan on using Wuxiang Qiankun to help in the fight against the Abbot, aren't we? I suppose we'll see if we actually need it at that point. We might not even use it if we pick C, and I'm probably speaking too soon in that regard.

Eh, I doubt we'll even be able to use it against him. If we are going to use it, now is the time. We can pick up the shaolin techniques temporarily and still use them against him after learning them in this fight.

Tigranes

Arcane
C > A.

OK, so again, as someone that mostly stays out of DISCUSS! these days, do hear me out this once.

I am convinced that revealing WQ to the Shaolin - a sect very rigid in its ways, with an Abbott who has just demonstrated how willing he is to smack down on those possessing the forbidden abilities - is a recipe for disaster. Remember, we are doing this to become honourary Shaolin and then plead Xuxian's case - how the hell are we going to do that by showing that we, the unorthodox Xu Jing also rumoured to have murdered people at the Lingshu wedding, is now in possession of WQ?

I believe we have to win without WQ at any point, and I believe both this challenge and the next will be very very difficult. Hence, the only feasible answer is to use the drain now, and then go all out on the Abbott. Firstly, this gives us a good chance of persevering both challenges. Secondly, this sets us up for a good old honest brawl with the Abbott, which is the best for Shaolin reputation, but also most strategic for us - tricks like qi drain and WQ are least likely to work well on him.

Nnnnnng. I really don't think it's a good idea to reveal WQ unless we really have to. Seems we're doing it when we don't really have to.

Baltika9

Arcane
With Shaolin for allies, it won't matey that much even if they do spread rumors. Their beef with the trchs is that they corrupt the wielders. Showing mastery over WQS should be enough to reassure them, bith for our sake and Xuxian's.
A risky gamble, yes, but one I'm willing to take. And the advanced info on all the Shaolin techs is a great boost for the Abbot, too.

Esquilax

Arcane
I'll flop back to a firm A since I'm not enamored by either of the other choices, and post in remembrance of a formerly YOLOTIGER Jing that bothered to actually get into a nasty, drag-out brawl every once in a while in between tricks and trolling:

You jump immediately, going after him before he can regain his balance. Drawing your right palm back, you channel all the qi you can muster and smash it down into Guo Fu’s huge body. He slams into the floor, cracking the wood, and tumbles backwards in a noisy flurry of heavy limbs. When he comes to a stop, he has landed just outside the ring area. You drop to your knees as the gong is sounded, watching Guo Fu get to his knees looking extremely battered from your blows. His eyes seem to be shining with respect.
The crowd, which had been watching in tense silence till now, breaks out into a loud roar at your victory. The sound of their exhilaration echoes around the tournament area.

Then, you pass out.
The crowd cheers louder than ever for you when you arrive on stage with your bandaged arm. You give them a wave of acknowledgement, sending them into a frenzy.

Those were the days. :(

Esquilax

Arcane
Nnnnnng. I really don't think it's a good idea to reveal WQ unless we really have to. Seems we're doing it when we don't really have to.

I could see this having potential payoff. While I have no doubt that word is going to get around eventually that we possess the Wuxiang Qiankun Skill, giving the Zhang Clan yet another reason to hunt us, provided we succeed here, we'll have some protection from Shaolin. Should they harm us, they risk incurring the wrath of the Shaolin Temple too, which makes going after us a much more complicated prospect*. Also, I think there's merit to the idea that if we're able to use the technique in a manner that doesn't disgrace Shaolin**, they might be more inclined to free Xuxian to help us in our quest to bring down the Zhang Clan.

* Going after us is one thing, but I'm not sure about our companions. If they kidnapped say, Qilin, and we beseeched Shaolin for aid, would they help us? I mean, in that case, it's not as though the Zhang Clan would harm us directly. Hmm, if only they really respected us and we had a relationship with them where they'd help us, no matter what. Gosh, that'd be really useful...

** The jury's still out on that, though; the Abbot's big problem with the Xiaoming Jiuyang manual is that it promotes imbalance and aggression even in calm people and is nearly impossible to control. It doesn't seem that WQS has the same consequences. Nevertheless, should we attain some level of respect among the Shaolin (tricky now, since we've gone about things the faggot way) our control of our technique could convince Shaolin that Xuxian can do the same.

Esquilax

Arcane
Perhaps you cannot madden that which is already mad. :M

Wait, I had an idea: because Wuxiang Qiankun is all about creating form from formless qi, would it bring harmony to someone who possesses the Xiaoming Jiuyang manual? What I'm getting at is, would learning how to create formless qi minimize the symptoms of aggression that come with learning the Jiuyang manual?

Also, if Master Zhang learned the Xiaoming Jiuyang technique, would he face no side effects at all? I can't imagine him being any more aggressive than he already is.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom