Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
D>1b.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
If you're going to move towards Zhang with the excuse of checking his body, that's still D.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Here is what I don't get. Bai Jiutian wants to know what we have found in Tufan. Right. When we asked him what is it that he wants to hear about, he told us it was about a Shaolin monk who obtained great power.
“What a filial disciple. Why do you insist I found something that would be interesting to you in Tufan anyway? If you don’t give me a hint, I can’t know what it is that you are looking for.”

“There was once this Shaolin monk,” he says, “who stole some scriptures from Wudang. Combining the two teachings, he developed a strange technique that granted him great power. There have been many different tellings of the conclusion of his tale, but I believe that near the end, he went west. Does this jog your memory?”
Now, how did we get from this to revealing our Firelordship or the mastery of Wuxiang Qiankun? Why can't we just sick him at Xuxian, as if this was what he asked us about?

Last edited:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Because Xuxian didn't steal anything from Wudang, didn't create a new technique, and therefore can't be the monk in the story? :lol:

Nevill

Arcane
Figures. A pity we can't sell a story about Xuxian who obtained the power of immortality.

Well... Time to eat dirt. A2.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I want to use the legendary skill. I know BJ will catch on to what it is, but darn, I want Jing to improve his mastery of the skill. BJ is relatively benign here. Jing will eventually face opponents that aren't as civil.

A1

Also, the update leads me to believe that Jing gauges BJs neigong to be less than his own, meaning Jing can conceivably mimic BJs techniques effortlessly. Possibly learning them down the road? Would be gloriously trollish.

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
A1>D>C

BJ's attack was pretty inevitable too, I wish we stood back and let him handle Zhang.

A2 is incredibly foolish. Just... No. We're going to hold back against a callous murderer of seemingly superior skill? Yes, he wants us alive, so he'll settle for maiming us, then tying us up for an interrogation. That's so much better than dying to him.

Offing BJ here might actually be of advantage to us, unless we can find some leverage to hold over him.

Last edited:

Ganymede

Learned
:salute: :salute:

BRO Manxing is dead but at least we can give him an honourable burial.

D

The only fitting tribute I can think of for him would be to use his last stash of poison to drug and molest young master Bai.

Nevill

Arcane
Now, I don't think we can win against him, Wuxiang Qiankun or not. Even though we can copy his techniques, his stats are still superior to ours, and he is holding back on us, waiting for us to use our ace to then top it. Even if we could win, he can escape due to his superior speed once he learns what he came here to learn.

I also don't think we can run away from him. He is faster, and he takes care to avoid just that outcome. Turning his back to him is more risky than fighting him head on.

I don't see much point in talking to him and revealing anything. Our Firelordship isn't even our secret to tell, and it does not answer his questions at all. He is interested in becoming stronger, what does he care about the temple? Are we going to shock him into forgetting what the original purpose of the question was? After the initial shock wears our, he will realise he is no closer to the truth than he was, and then he will have leverage against us.

I see no point in letting him know we have the skill without a fight, either. This does not even let us test ourselves against him. Why would we surrender that easily?

Finally, zhang manxing is the least of our problems right now. I suppose it is possible that he crawls away during our fight, but that is more of Bai's problem than ours, unless we confess and there is something to prevent Bai from killing him outright.

So for me, there is only fighting and running away. Out of these, I am fine with whatever lets us leave this place alive and in one piece. I don't know what winning here after showing our hand would do for us. I am not going to kill BJ - I'd still prefer him working against zhang family.

And since I am not trying to win, I am going for the choice that I think loses less.

Well, unless we play dirty like we did in our weiqi match and use that powder against him. It is something to consider, but D does not mention it at all.

Last edited:

Kipeci

Arcane
A1, practicing such a skill against a stronger foe is going to lead to us figuring things out much faster. BJ already very heavily suspects that we have it, it's best to go ahead and confirm it in our great first battle while practicing the stuff for later trials. If he is going to reveal the information to the orthodontists he really knows enough anyway, but from his earlier talk this is not something that he'd be broadcasting out to the world.

Jester

Arbiter
D preferably throw him into incinerator, or atomizer. If those options are not possible slice him and sell as 'kebab'.

Absinthe

Arcane
A2. Guys, correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure the point of the kenjutsu package was so that our sword technique could face off against Bai Jiutian. Sure, Bai Jiutian has rank 9 swords. We already figured that. We still have a rank 8 sword technique with 10 Str / 12 Agi / 9 Per, which is pretty damn good. And if we draw him into any unarmed fight, we can hurt him with our huge variety of rank 8-10 techniques. It won't be an easy fight but we don't need an easy fight either.

Also, I'm pretty sure A2 leads to +1 swords.

Besides, I have my doubts about using Wuxiang Qiankun against Bai Jiutian when that's exactly what he wants us to do.

Last edited:

Kipeci

Arcane
Nah, you want us to draw BJ's attentions away from the guy so that he can miraculously crawl off and survive only to later succumb to the dickrot. Without a hand and with more crippling injuries he'll probably find beating girls to get off a bit harder.

Absinthe

Arcane
Not our problem. If Zhang Manxing somehow survives, it's Bai Juitian who gets in trouble, not us. It's already known that Jing tried to kill him. BJ will have to take care of it.

Last edited:

Rex Feral

Prophet
I'll go with A2, I just want to see a great fight.

otherwise A2>D>A1

Last edited:

Absinthe

Arcane
Why are you guys all so intent on doing exactly what Bai Juitian wants?

Seriously, he wouldn't be trying to make us use Wuxiang Qiankun if he didn't think he could handle it. It also screws over any chance of making an alliance with the guy. And if you want a great fight, I'd say A2 will deliver better.

Rex Feral

Prophet
Fine fine, I'll switch to A2 since I wanna see how we fare without the cheat skill, and because it might not work on him if he has higher neigong.

Elfberserker

Liturgist
A2

I want to see how we fare with our current core techniques against such strong opponent. It's well documented that Bai Jiutian suspects us having Wuxiand Qiankun technique and I am really tempted to level it up as fast as we can, but I am afraid that we get Bai Jiutian chasing us as well whatever Madam Nie can send after us.

Getting half of
pugilist world after us would be great practice for Hueshan Summit, but it could be a problem if we want to keep our harem safe and keep low profile while searching legendary manuals as well getting other useful techniques.

I am still very torn what to vote for though...

Absinthe

Arcane
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure our practice against Zhang Jue has prepared us for deadly matches against opponents who slightly outskill us. I think we can take him.

Also, if it turns out that Bai Jiutian was merely suppressing part of his neigong so that he can raise it and fuck up our Wuxiang Qiankun, A1 will only screw us over. In fact, judging by Bai Jiutian's fervent desire to make us do A1, I'm pretty sure it's that last thing we should do.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
D> A2

Make corporal dickrot extra special dead and grab the horny powder. That's the ticket.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom