Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I got two quotes for you and for others who you have swayed voting B, just to show how right you have been in the past judging characters.
I see absolutely nothing off about Esquilax's character assessment. Theseus did us no wrong, and Naim was always a scumbag minor loser villain unhappy about commiting acts of moderate douchebaggery even though no one forced him to.

Naim is not Theseus.:M

Last edited:

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Guise, how about just grabbing BJ and running, if possible? Now, this is high up on the list of stupid shit I come up with on a daily basis, still, run away, being the last thing one would do when confronted with a whiny little sow like Zhang, seems like the most obvious course of action to take. /dumbass

Baltika9

Arcane
But again I am working off the assumption that he will eventually betray us so having him ruined simply weakens an enemy.
That's where I'm stuck at right now, debating between treating BJ as either a definite enemy or a potential ally.

Fangshi

Arcane
Baltika9 said:
That's where I'm stuck at right now, debating between treating BJ as either a definite enemy or a potential ally.

Only one way to be sure.

We ask BJ to strip.

If he is a man he is an enemy.

If she is a woman then clearly she goes in the harem.

Moral dilemma solved.

Madame Nie is revealing himself a interesting person. Seems like Songfeng, that random ambush at Heihou and Youxia were all her doing. I'm starting to think she's the real power around these parts. I bet she doesn't like the fact we're endangering her daughter, either. It would be hilarious if, after besting Ahura, Bai, Nie Wuxing, Zhang Manlou, Yang Xue and everyone else, the final boss shows up... and its Qillin's mom?!

Interesting that the Twin Flowers are adopted, as well as BJ. Seems like old man Nie here has problems making heirs, but finally managed to have one. Explains too why Bai seems to be feeling abandoned by Nie Wuxing, he works like hell to be DA BEST and then suddently his former master ignores him for some kid. Bai was Nie's sucessor and favorite star pupil, he is becoming a liability.

Is another fool asking about that former Wudang monk again? What's with people and that guy. Blablabla over 9000 neigong, read some stuff and manage to turn himself into a Wang-level neigong mastah, yeah yeah yeah.

Frankly I gotta agree here that we need to team up with Bai Jiutian. We need a inside man in the orthodox sects to defeat the Douchebag generation. Bai is seen as the leader of the new generation, Heihu Valley is a good example of that. I don't mind doing his dity work as long as it knocks off the Douchebags from their power.

Voting C. DEATH TO ZHANG MANXING!

I got two quotes for you and for others who you have swayed voting B, just to show how right you have been in the past judging characters.
I see absolutely nothing off about Esquilax's character assessment. Theseus did us no wrong, and Naim was always a scumbag minor loser villain unhappy about commiting acts of moderate douchebaggery even though no one forced him to.

Naim is not Theseus.:M

True, Theseus didn't kill Ean because lulz, he mercy-killed Ean out of ignorance.

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
Fangshi said:
What would work is if he took a massive gamble and dragged Nie out here. It is doubtful that BJ would attack Nie directly and it would instantly ruin BJ. If that is the case then we should still not attack. We should hang back and be ready to flee should such a trap be sprung.
That... actually would look surprisingly plausible - Wuxing listens to the man and BJ would be powerless against his master - if only manxing didn't badmouth Nie daughters just a minute before. As shameless as Wuxing is, he is also vain. I doubt he would have tolerated that.

But something along these lines could still happen.

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
Madame Nie is revealing himself a interesting person. Seems like Songfeng, that random ambush at Heihou and Youxia were all her doing. I'm starting to think she's the real power around these parts. I bet she doesn't like the fact we're endangering her daughter, either. It would be hilarious if, after besting Ahura, Bai, Nie Wuxing, Zhang Manlou, Yang Xue and everyone else, the final boss shows up... and its Qillin's mom?!
What are you talking about? Mother-in-law is always the scariest of the bosses.

Akkudakku

Arbiter
If BJ is on this with us then you can be pretty sure that this time bears WILL eat his fucking corpse. Because scheming orthodontists.

What are you talking about? Mother-in-law ia always the scariest of the bosses.

If we're fighting her, we probably already lost, due to poison earlier in the food. LOTS of poison.

Or even worse... we must add her to our harem before she adds us to hers!

Baltika9

Arcane
The one thing I'm really looking forward to in this LP is a sit-down with Qilin, Madam Nie and Father Tianxie.
treave, did Madam Nie's abandonment make either of them cry?

The one thing I'm really looking forward to in this LP is a sit-down with Qilin, Madam Nie and Father Tianxie.
treave, did Madam Nie's abandonment make either of them cry?

Father Tianxie cried once... then flicked his poisoned tears at his enemies and they all died or went very ill.

TOME

Cuckmaster General
“Ah, yes, of course you would have fought him,” nods Qi Liuwu. “He used to be a cook at the temple. One day he injured the Abbot and escaped from Shaolin. Apparently he learnt some of their techniques without permission.”

“Isn’t that a matter for Shaolin to handle, however?”

“Not if one of those techniques was the Xiaoming Jiuyang Divine Skill,” grins Qi Liuwu.

“You mean…”

“Yes, we believed that his drastic increase in inner strength was due to that particular manual. In the last struggle for the manuals, Shaolin Temple was rumoured to have kept a copy of the Xiaoming Jiuyang skill, though they have always denied it. They still do. Jiu Mou talked to Xuxian, however, and we can confirm they have at least a copy of the first part, which advances the neigong of the practitioner.”

“There was once this Shaolin monk,” he says, “who stole some scriptures from Wudang. Combining the two teachings, he developed a strange technique that granted him great power. There have been many different tellings of the conclusion of his tale, but I believe that near the end, he went west. Does this jog your memory?”

So this guy not only learned first part of the Xiaoming Jiuyang but some secret Wudang skill also? Or is this just one story (Xiaoming Jiuyang/Shaolin teachings+secreet Wudang scirpt) depending on who you ask?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
No more like pick his brain and let the girls question him about recent events.

I suppose you could try to convince Bai that Zhang's more valuable alive, though I think the former probably knows more about what's going on than the latter does. If you want to, I'll add the choice.

Treave, could you confirm if Jing can replay a board from the first hand? Also, can Jing detect any presences in the bushes?

No, he can't replay a board from the first hand.

As for anyone else in the bushes, he can't. Either they are really good at stealth, they're out of his detection radius, or they're just not there.

Tribute

Arbiter
A>E. Might as well let him do the dirty work - he's not intending on letting Manxing leave here alive, and I'd rather someone else fall foul of Manxing's impossible luck for once.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

C>E - nothing says male(?) bonding like a little killing. Besides, if Bai gets this guy's blood on his(?) hands, (s)he'll have to join forces with us. In the same way it was obvious that we killed Zhang's body guards, it will be obvious that Bai helped kill Zhang.

If we stand back and do nothing, we can probably kiss an alliance goodbye. If we attack first, our luck roll vs Zhang's will insure we come up a loser again.

also:
No more like pick his brain and let the girls question him about recent events.

I suppose you could try to convince Bai that Zhang's more valuable alive, though I think the former probably knows more about what's going on than the latter does. If you want to, I'll add the choice.

Nevill

Arcane
If we stand back and do nothing, we can probably kiss an alliance goodbye.
I don't know, actually. Does Bai need our help against an obviously ill man that could not have beaten him in the better days? What does our assault change, from Bai's standpoint? Will it be enough for him to discard the notion of interrogaing us by force he had just a minute ago?

I am sure he would be relieved if you took the fall for this, but I don't really know if it is a proper alliance if we are the ones always getting the short end of the stick.

...Can we abduct BJ instead?.. :roll:

Baltika9

Arcane
If we stand back and do nothing, we can probably kiss an alliance goodbye.
I don't know, actually. Does Bai need our help against an obviously ill man that could not have beaten him in the better days? What does our assault change, from Bai's standpoint? Will it be enough for him to discard the notion of interrogaing us by force he had just a minute ago?

I am sure he would be relieved if you took the fall for this, but I don't really know if it is a proper alliance if we are the ones always getting the short end of the stick.
I dunno man, I think we're getting too carried away with what will come afterwards. As it is, the only thing that matters in this decision is how we choose to view BJ: definite enemy or potential ally. Out of all the options presented, A and E are the only ones that work towards making him our ally. like you yourself said:
Rereading the update more carefully, I think I have to grudgingly accept that there is merit in building some goodwill with Bai Jiutian.

The amount of time that it takes for him to reply tells you that this turn of events was certainly unexpected to him. Finally, he says, “Why are you telling me this? I… I cannot believe you.”

“You sent me Zhang Manxing as a present after all. Clearly you do not care for him or the wishes of the Zhang family. If it makes you feel better to believe that this is my way of making up for failing to kill him… well, go ahead!”

[...]

“I don’t have to be your enemy,” you say. “You are already making plans to separate yourself from Master Nie and the Zhang clan, aren’t you?”
After all, these were our own words. He is in doubt whether or not he can trust us enough to work with us. I guess if we want to prove that we meant what we said, we'd have to get involved.
Yeah, Jing just talked a good talk on working together and if we want to actually go there then we have to walk the walk now.

Will we and our knowledge of not-a-manxing make a difference for BJ? It may or it may not, but I know for certain that if the bastard has some dirty tricks up his sleeves and uses them to take down BJ, then A will have Jing staying out of it. And that I don't want, because BJ>not-a-manxing.

Last edited:

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Ooh, there's an E option.

treave E>B>C for me pl0x. Also, not added the last update on to the first page?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom