Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Her family name is Bai and she is of an unidentifiable gender.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

band_wagon_effect.jpg

B3

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
treave, was the qi strangeness we felt when we touched Xiaofang at the tournament related to her gender?

Gender related, yeah. Though it's more of a eunuch thing in this case.

Also, I'd like to clarify that my comments regarding the Emperor and the Fire Cult were in response to the proposal to pack up every single cultist and march them across China to Maniac Island.

Fangshi

Arcane
So we are the only one in the entire restaurant not fighting? (besides Quilin and the constable of course)

I don't want Jing to feel left out and lonely so B2.

Esquilax

Arcane
A few things to note:

“They are a small sect considered to be unorthodox, located in the mountains south of here,” adds his friend. “The Jinkong Sect are led by Master Li Yixian, but have never shown any tendency to get involved in pugilistic affairs prior to this event.”

“However, they do have close relations with Du Yao of the nearby Youxia City, who was once the shidi of Li Yixian before he entered service with the court. They maintained that relationship even after he left the sect,” says the girl. “Still, I think it is strange that they would leave such an obvious trail leading back to them.”
... after the brief war between the Tang army and the Bandit Kingdom, the much diminished bandits agreed to a treaty that reduced their territory and established the independent status of Youxia City – it would no longer be under the thumb of Pang Hu.
However, Youxia City is also one of the freest cities; there is little in the way of taxes and regulations. It now runs a thriving business off of the bandits, the nearby Tang garrison, as well as a multitude of visitors whose strange and perhaps disreputable tastes are catered to.

Why would they be luring people here? The Empire seems to have established some control over Youxia City, so why would the people who stole the manual want cops to come here in the first place?

Any of the A options other than A1 seem like a bad idea. Whoever took the manual knows that people are going to come looking for it, and Du Yao, information master that he is, will know of anything that we do that isn't completely on the level. Playing a game of subterfuge isn't going to work against him. The fact that Jing is a one-eyed guy travelling with a bunch of hot chicks isn't going to help with remaining inconspicuous, so I wouldn't be surprised if Du Yao knew exactly who we were already. But we probably wouldn't get as much out of A1 either; Du Yao isn't going to kill Jiang Zheng, not when Youxia City pays tribute to the Emperor.

As for the vote, I'm glad to see we're going with the Zhang Jue method of courtship. If the girls can't fight a couple hundred people on their own, they are not worthy of being in our harem. Bandwagons are fun!

B3

Absinthe

Arcane
B3

“As I recall,” muses Wang, “back in the day you never even made an effort to beat temptation after shaving your head. What was that the girls at Yuhua Hall used to call you? Iron Shaft? I distinctly remember you showing off the Jinzhongzhao by having them attack your-“
Fun fact: Iron Crotch is an actual Shaolin technique, and yeah, it's been shown off like that.

The reason Shaolin developed it is so that they could be those manly men who could get kicked in the nuts and stay unfazed, which can be pretty important in combat sometimes. Have a video:

Last edited:

Tribute

Arbiter
As for the vote, I'm glad to see we're going with the Zhang Jue method of courtship. If the girls can't fight a couple hundred people on their own, they are not worthy of being in our harem. Bandwagons are fun!

B3
We learned well from our sifu.

ScubaV

Prophet
B3

“As I recall,” muses Wang, “back in the day you never even made an effort to beat temptation after shaving your head. What was that the girls at Yuhua Hall used to call you? Iron Shaft? I distinctly remember you showing off the Jinzhongzhao by having them attack your-“
Fun fact: Iron Crotch is an actual Shaolin technique, and yeah, it's been shown off like that.

The reason Shaolin developed it is so that they could be those manly men who could get kicked in the nuts and stay unfazed, which can be pretty important in combat sometimes. Have a video:

Baltika9

Arcane
treave, now that we have orderly qi, can we learn our Master's Wushuang Bawang neiggong, or the Jinzhongzhao?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
treave, now that we have orderly qi, can we learn our Master's Wushuang Bawang neiggong, or the Jinzhongzhao?

Yes, but the former is not going to stack bonuses with what you already have, and you don't meet the physical endurance stat needed for the latter.

Kipeci

Arcane
Another bandwagon, huh? Okay.
Well, the most amusing option was also the safest one, so...
Not really for our party members, and I doubt that Jing wouldn't be able to take care of the majority of these guys. At least the 100 men of the 100 man battle were actually all trained pugilists, that's definitely not the case for all of these guys and Jing is much, much stronger than he was previously. Most people came here to eat, I think most of it would break up long before he actually fought everyone... though, 'most of it' might include the whole building.

I'm in it for the duck, it'd be an awful waste of imperial resources if we didn't at least get a taste of the stuff before we're inevitably drawn into the fight anyway.

Baltika9

Arcane
Yes, but the former is not going to stack bonuses with what you already have, and you don't meet the physical endurance stat needed for the latter.
Would it be possible to meld the Wushuang Bawang's bonus to Shouwang Claws? And what is the END threshold for Jinzhingzhao?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Would it be possible to meld the Wushuang Bawang's bonus to Shouwang Claws? And what is the END threshold for Jinzhingzhao?

Yes, but you lose the bonuses of your other neigong when you do that. END threshold is 6. :troll:

Esquilax

Arcane

Don't worry, the next update where Jing ingests some poison duck that weakens him and the Jinkong fighters swarm Qilin and Cao'er will generate butthurt to compensate for the harmony and consensus in recent days. The choice at the end will be which wife to save before the poison takes us, so there will be many pages of DISCUSS!!! and voter drama that we've been lacking over the past few updates.

Yes, but you lose the bonuses of your other neigong when you do that. END threshold is 6. :troll:

:rage:

I am so butthurt at all of you for not getting the END boost now. This was the perfect defensive neigong to have and it would have counterbalanced our offensive style rather nicely. So, if we encounter a Shaolin monk with less internal energy than Jing, will we be unable to mimic the Jinzhongzhao because we don't meet the physical characteristics required for it? It would make sense.

Kipeci

Arcane
Excellent! Now I'll have some fellow sufferers of butthurt for when we can't bump up our skill cap for unarmed fighting due to not taking the strength upgrade.

kazgar

Arcane

Don't worry, the next update where Jing ingests some poison duck that weakens him and the Jinkong fighters swarm Qilin and Cao'er will generate butthurt to compensate for the harmony and consensus in recent days. The choice at the end will be which wife to save before the poison takes us, so there will be many pages of DISCUSS!!! and voter drama that we've been lacking over the past few updates.

Surely the duck will actually be horse and won't need to be specifically poisoned.

Baltika9

Arcane
I am so butthurt at all of you for not getting the END boost now. This was the perfect defensive neigong to have and it would have counterbalanced our offensive style rather nicely. So, if we encounter a Shaolin monk with less internal energy than Jing, will we be unable to mimic the Jinzhongzhao because we don't meet the physical characteristics required for it? It would make sense.
To be fair, I think that being Qilin's, Cao'er's, Yifang's, Lingshu's and Yunzi's sex slave loving husband warrants a +1 END all by itself. treave?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
You can still imitate the neigong movement with Wuxiang Qiankun but the effect will be reduced. Perhaps half or less of the real thing. Similarly you can try to do the same with techniques that have physical checks (not skill, that's different) and get a lesser effect.

Also, if you're traveling with Qilin and Cao'er you don't really need to worry about poison. They'll do all the necessary skill checks.

Kipeci

Arcane
You can still imitate the neigong movement with Wuxiang Qiankun but the effect will be reduced. Perhaps half or less of the real thing. Similarly you can try to do the same with techniques that have physical checks (not skill, that's different) and get a lesser effect.

Also, if you're traveling with Qilin and Cao'er you don't really need to worry about poison. They'll do all the necessary skill checks.
Can we imitate techniques for entirely non-pugilistic related things, by the way? Or do people not bother much with techniques for things not really related to combat? I know we've heard of the odd pressure point technique here and there with little combat application, but would there be techniques for, say, drinking, artistic skill or traps?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom