Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Rex Feral

Prophet
With zhang's luck the bears will prefer chasing us to exhaustion than eating him, helplessly lying on the ground.

TOME

Cuckmaster General
C is going to horribly backfire on us when zhang intercepts Qilin and Cao'er on their way back to us.

Akkudakku

Arbiter
Let me give you a piece of advice. If you want someone to change their mind and agree with you on an issue, there are better ways to get them to do so than snarky, offhanded sarcasm.
No need to be bitter. Treave said clearly that we wont level this skill fast, not using it against someone that will die anyway is a waste.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
B2>C

It does not play into Bai's hand, still disables manxing, and does not reveal the tech to the world.

Failing that, just go away.

Baltika9

Arcane
I dunno, BJ can just be using us to remove this asshole, or he can be setting us up for a DRAMATIC INTERVENTION! I mean, hell, how soon until the people at Qingcheng start searching for the bride. But on the other hand, I do want to pop his skull and test our sweet new tech. However, I think B is the more prudent choice.
Flopping to Bx.
Actualy, no. KILL THE FUCKER! Ax

Tribute

Arbiter
Ah, yes indeed. I cannot fail to comprehend that us fighting Zhang Manxing is all part of a plan. A plan we'd best avoid. Flopping to C. Damn is this guy lucky.
So what's Zhang's luck score? 8? 9?

That would explain how he managed to get taught by everybody, and why he's convinced he can just walk into any situation and have things work out for him.

Tigranes

Arcane
Argh, too many possibilities re. the role of BJ and not enough narrowing down. As to the last page of barely systematic 'lulz kill him bears', what you're relying on is that (1) bj doesnt send anybody else or come himself while we kill, (2) bears eat all the bodies cleanly in time, (3) bears leave no clothes or blood or other traces, (4) bj doesn't go 'hey zhang went out to get song he didnt come back' as treave himself described.

Baltika9

Arcane
Argh, too many possibilities re. the role of BJ and not enough narrowing down. As to the last page of barely systematic 'lulz kill him bears', what you're relying on is that (1) bj doesnt send anybody else or come himself while we kill, (2) bears eat all the bodies cleanly in time, (3) bears leave no clothes or blood or other traces, (4) bj doesn't go 'hey zhang went out to get song he didnt come back' as treave himself described.
I feel you, man, but this depends on two things:
How much we trust BJ won't fuck us over in this scenario.
How much we want Manxing dead.
Honestly, I'm really on the fence about this whole thing but I think that Ax is the right answer: killing Manxing helps BJ, so we can trust him to let us do the job. The sucky part is that Lingshu will be looking at us all weird for a while to come.

skaraher

Cipher
A1 > B1

Zhang is a pain in the ass and we now have the opportunity to remove him without many witnesses. And we must level the forbiden tech while we still hold the advantage of being ahead of the others in the quest for the manuals.

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
How much we trust BJ won't fuck us over in this scenario.
:lol::lol::lol:

On a trustworthiness scale from Guo Fu to Naim, there is no place for Bai Jiutian. He does not fit. By now I am pretty sure he will fuck you over no matter what the scenario would be.

How much we want Manxing dead.
I absolutely want him dead. Eventually. So where does that leave us?

Honestly, I'm really on the fence about this whole thing but I think that Ax is the right answer: killing Manxing helps BJ, so we can trust him to let us do the job.
There are a lot of right answers recently that you are sure about, and some of them end up contradicting each other.

Killing us helps BJ. Finding the manual helps BJ. Knowing that we have one of the manuals helps BJ. Knowing our technique repertoir helps BJ. Almost everything in the situation he put us in helps BJ. Which is why I want to find a way out that does not.

Nevill

Arcane
And of course, us fighting with killing intent does not guarantee we kill manxing and his men, similarly to how not holding back at the tournament didn't kill him, and neither the search for him would have resulted in his death. Meaning A1 may alert every person in the jianghu and the Grand Eunuch about the technique in our possession if anybody manages to stay alive.

But don't let this stop KILL THE FUCKER train. :lol:

Last edited:

Kipeci

Arcane
As to the last page of barely systematic 'lulz kill him bears', what you're relying on is that (1) bj doesnt send anybody else or come himself while we kill, (2) bears eat all the bodies cleanly in time, (3) bears leave no clothes or blood or other traces, (4) bj doesn't go 'hey zhang went out to get song he didnt come back' as treave himself described.

1: And why would he have allowed us to get this far away in the first place if he wanted us to get stopped? He could have had us all stopped at the wedding due to his great skills in perceiving the cowardly Man Tiger Pig's disguise, yet he didn't. Why wouldn't he come now? Well... by this point, BJ is involved in our plot. He can't just swoop in and 'save' her to have her be married without her asking what in the world is going on with him since he was in on the plot to get her out in the first place, right? He doesn't want the wedding to go through as that would empower Mao in addition to any moral concerns that he has about this, why would he go through with that?

2+3: You think that a bunch of bodies are going to be found in the middle of bear-infested woods right away, still very highly recognizable and that everyone will notice this and immediately decide that the culprit must be previously perfectly orthodox Songfeng? I don't know, to me that sounds a little contrived. At any rate, Song is planning on visiting the other sites of the Songfeng school to check out how it's running elsewhere.

4: treave was trolling, BJ has very little reason to point out such a thing. Treave also provided the much more logical explanation that BJ noticed that zhang is a bother to both Jing and himself and figured it'd be in our mutual interests to have zhang come to his end in an isolated patch of forest with no witnesses or knowledge of where he'd gone off to, so how about that?

skaraher You may want to change your vote to A1>B1, the 1 options have use using the technique while it's the 2 options that don't.

Akkudakku

Arbiter
A2 > B2

Zhang is a pain in the ass and we now have the opportunity to remove him without many witnesses. And we must level the forbiden tech while we still hold the advantage of being ahead of the others in the quest for the manuals.
If you want to use the skill its number 1

Baltika9

Arcane
There are a lot of right answers recently that you are sure about, and some of them end up contradicting each other.
lolwut? Weren't you all about "We can't judge BJ! We know nothing about him!" I'm not claiming to know his heart of hearts, but I know that he would only send Manxing after us for two reasons:
Get him killed or delay us.

I also know that, if we leave the fucker alive, he'll cause all sorts of problems for us in the future. So I'm really thinking from the point of self-interest right now, ours and BJ's.

Nevill

Arcane
Baltika9 said:
Weren't you all about "We can't judge BJ! We know nothing about him!"
Well, yes. And now we know he sent a man after us, and in the best case scenario, he sent his colleague-in-arms - admittedly a complete asshole - to be slaughtered by our hand. Here is what BJ is capable of at his most trustworthy.

Sorry, he is not the sort of man I want to have as my partner in anything.

Baltika9

Arcane
Well, yes. And now we know he sent a man after us, and in the best case scenario, he sent his colleague-in-arms - admittedly a complete asshole - to be slaughtered by our hand. Here is what BJ is capable of at his most trustworthy.

Sorry, he is not the sort of man I want to have as my partner in anything.
:lol:
Manxing is a shitstain that pisses off his peers and licks his superiors' asses. Moreover, he is getting put on par with us and BJ. You bet your ass BJ wants him dead and out of the game. He also knows that the same is true for us. When two men's interests coincide, wonders tend to happen. Kipeci is right on the money here, I think, when he talks about BJ's motivations.

Kz3r0

Arcane
Baltika9 said:
Weren't you all about "We can't judge BJ! We know nothing about him!"
In this case he wants us to kill him, and most assuredly he won't interfere, but surely he will put the blame on us, so forget hungry bears covering for us, not tha that would have worked.
I still say kill the fucker with the forbidden technique tho.

Baltika9

Arcane
In this case he wants us to kill him, and most assuredly he won't interfere, but surely he will put the blame on us, so forget hungry bears covering for us, not tha that would have worked.
I still say kill the fucker with the forbidden technique tho.
How is he going to pin the blame on us, though? No one knew we were here, except him. Condemning us puts his ass on the line.

GreyViper

Prophet
B2 for now although I think A1 would benefit us better in the end. So path of open palm for now, because killing them all will drive miss Song away from us being a paragon she is.

Rex Feral

Prophet
B2 for now although I think A1 would benefit us better in the end. So path of open palm for now, because killing them all will drive miss Song away from us being a paragon she is.

More like drive her away from us. Alas, the things we do for hate.

Rex Feral

Prophet
Right. I just came up to me that Song Linshu might be so disappointed in us killing zhang that she might return back. Not probable but possible.

We should concern ourselves more with her reaction which is real and guaranteed rather than with imagined scenarios where Shulgi Jiutan comes out of nowhere and foils our plans.

Esquilax

Arcane
And of course, us fighting with killing intent does not guarantee we kill manxing and his men, similarly to how not holding back at the tournament didn't kill him, and neither the search for him would result in his death. Meaning A1 is going to alert every person in the jianghu and the Grand Eunuch about the technique in our possession if anybody manages to stay alive.

But don't let this stop KILL THE FUCKER train. :lol:

We're in a forest with nobody else around for miles, and unless Bai Jiutian is out in the bushes with a pair of binoculars to spy on us, A1 is certain death for Manxing and his rabble. If it isn't, well, it's kinda of a shitty legendary technique that we have. As for the tournament, the only reason that not holding back didn't kill him was more to do with us showing us mercy after Xiaofang intervened.

That being said, I'm with you and I'd still we rather just beat him up and send him back home to (1) keep the technique secret, and (2) to make sure Song Lingshu remains BRO towards us. Any speculation on whether BJ is watching us, hiding the body is just baseless and overthinking shit. We can kick this guys ass without the technique and we have no reason to leave behind valuable clues that BJ can piece together. That's just all there is to it.

Nevill

Arcane
Esquilax said:
We're in a forest with nobody else around for miles, and unless Bai Jiutian is out in the bushes with a pair of binoculars to spy on us, A1 is certain death for Manxing and his rabble. If it isn't, well, it's kinda of a shitty legendary technique that we have. As for the tournament, the only reason that not holding back didn't kill him was more to do with us showing us mercy after Xiaofang intervened.
Song Lingshu stops you. Someone can run really fast. zhang was followed without him noticing. A bear falls down on you from a nearby pinetree. Bai Jiutian is Shulgi and have put a TOP SIKRIT PLAN in motion.

There are a lot of reasons people can stay alive after all of this, not all of them combat-related.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom