Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I don't actually care if you guys pick the wrong choice, all that happens is I wrap up. :lol:
Well, personally I still think that was a really big hint you gave. Anyway, I'll be blissfully ignoring the whole discuss from now on and maybe the LP will still be in progress in progress tomorrow.

Well, believe me, if it was, it wasn't out of any desire to continue the LP by any means necessary. :M

Are the Amesha Spenta going to help Jing? He's the cause of all this mess, given that he completely screwed up their ritual and turned the Fire Lord into some sort of dark god of chaos and evil.

They might just decide to let the two of you burn up rather than handle the fucking mess that is going to be left over with a surviving insane Ahura, I suppose.

Tribute

Arbiter
Yeah, that was just a response to "unless the Amesha Spenta help in time". My response was basically "why would they do that?" We screwed up their whole thing by being a nosy asshole.

Jester

Arbiter
O_O
I saw many different kinds of brofists in CYOA threads, but its first time Treave did it himself i think. Guess i got huge achievement.

I relay wish to make this happened now, for awesome of Troll role-playing. Sound like P&P "omg didnt see that happened moment".
Troll line like "Looks like your pet flame dont like any of us" would be nice touch to.

Player Character

Jester

Arbiter
Drain good parts of flaming f. qi so he will hit 100 % impurities.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking - absorb the orderly parts of Ahura's qi so that both of us are totally corrupted. Then again, he has control of the flames, so he should still be able to direct them to destroy us, even though we're at equal chaos.
yeah, but if guy is able to control it because of 50 % of positive chi control would be lost. If he would try to him total purge there would be risk of him incinerating himself.

It is already in total purge mode though. All it does if he can't control it anymore is lock it on total purge mode until both you and Ahura are vaped, unless the Amesha Spenta help out in time.
Hmm yeah, but theoretically we will have advantage if we would be able to drain qi quicker than flame purge it. Basically we would ride on Ahura here until Amesha stabilise flame or their boss will be atomised, so i think they will do it.

Kipeci

Arcane
Wait, if we need the Ameshas to call off the flame in A even if it succeeds to keep from being burned up, wouldn't we basically be screwed?

RealDDc

Learned
Hmmm what would happen if Ahura swallowed a Qi-Suppressing Pill? Or can we get something working with the Spiritual Suppression Talismans?

Tribute

Arbiter
Hmmm what would happen if Ahura swallowed a Qi-Suppressing Pill? Or can we get something working with the Spiritual Suppression Talismans?
Do we still have that stuff to smack him with? If we do, we might as well!

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012

The pills aren't going to do anything to power of this magnitude. You could use it on Zhang Manxing, I suppose. The talismans would have no effect, and you would have to burn them, put the ashes in water, then make him drink it anyway.

Anabanana

Augur
Can you clarify how the fire control works, treave? I know that the five Amesha Spentas were working together with their orderly qi to keep the fire controlled in a gentle purification mode, but Ahura managed to wrest control of the flames after that? Is flame control a Fire Cult-specific technique? Or would it be possible for anybody with orderly qi to control it?

Elfberserker

Liturgist
We have been part of chaos for so long, but eventually balance must be sough for all roads lead to Tao.
Actually, it's the other way around. Everything must return to Chaos. :lol:
But seriously dude, Ahura and the Ameshas can regulate the Flame perfectly. We can't. So banking on it working out so easily isn't the best of idess, I think.

Oh yeah...

Man, I must stop posting so soon after getting from work. My brains doesn't work right now.

Perhaps. But I'm just thinking from the standpoint that B is much more likely to succeed.

Instead of trying to trick the Flame that Ahura has spent decades with and is controlling even now, going for the option that lets us work with the shit we actually are practiced and are accustomed to to drain Ahura to death and just endure the pain lile we did when Lord Zhang broke our meridians, well, that just seems more likely.

But then the dude actually got all his meridians. Now he has none or at least is incomplete, while Jing has lived and used Qi without meridian for good while.

Either way both are mad and maxium foward in their own ways. In A we try something completely new, while in B we try something familiar on completely batshit insane massive scale.

RealDDc

Learned
No useful items then... A bucket of (unholy) water would probably do the trick. To bad we missed to take one with us.

A virgins urine only works versus demonical beings right? But that train is gone anways eitherway.

But if that flame is pure, a virgins urine is poisonous to demons, in reverse wouldn't that mean...

Last edited:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Can you clarify how the fire control works, treave? I know that the five Amesha Spentas were working together with their orderly qi to keep the fire controlled in a gentle purification mode, but Ahura managed to wrest control of the flames after that? Is flame control a Fire Cult-specific technique? Or would it be possible for anybody with orderly qi to control it?

Can't explain too much about it, but yes, they have a specific technique they use for controlling the Eternal Flame, that requires Amesha-level qi (minimum 8 in neigong). They're taming and corralling it, in a sense. If your qi is very pure, the fire will be more responsive to you without needing a technique, but it's very, very choosy and if it detects even a hint of impurity you'll need the technique to control it.

Anabanana

Augur
A sounds incredibly risky in that light. I'm not even sure what kind of mechanism will allow us to convert our qi from chaos to order. Ahura is pushing his chaotic qi into us even now, so even if we successfully convert our own qi, he's still going to be pumping impurities into us.

Baltika9

Arcane
Oh yeah...

Man, I must stop posting so soon after getting from work. My brains doesn't work right now.

But then the dude actually got all his meridians. Now he has none or at least is incomplete, while Jing has lived and used Qi without meridian for good while.
We're not using meridians, though, just pure leeching.

Akkudakku

Arbiter
Can't explain too much about it, but yes, they have a specific technique they use for controlling the Eternal Flame, that requires Amesha-level qi (minimum 8 in neigong). They're taming and corralling it, in a sense. If your qi is very pure, the fire will be more responsive to you without needing a technique, but it's very, very choosy and if it detects even a hint of impurity you'll need the technique to control it.
So if Jing can't obtain 100 balance it will still try to burn us to death after its done with Ahura...

Baltika9

Arcane
A sounds incredibly risky in that light. I'm not even sure what kind of mechanism will allow us to convert our qi from chaos to order. Ahura is pushing his chaotic qi into us even now, so even if we successfully convert our own qi, he's still going to be pumping impurities into us.
Dude, forget about some far-off fights. We should be concerned with getting Jing out of this mess alive first and then worrying about those fights when they come.

Anyway, all this info treave keeps dumping just makes me see A as a very "perfect" solution: we must pull off everything without a hitch while improvising on a topic we know nothing about (qi theory was never one of our subjects, sadly). And, honestly, I think that's much too foolhardy to gamble Jing's life on. The Flame is Ahura's and the Ameshas' thing, they were with it for a long time and know it's intricacies so I am not at all optimistic about tricking it into destroying it's Master when we don't even know the most rudimentary things about it.

Absinthe

Arcane
Voting A because that's the most sensible interpretation of the scroll.

B is not only reading it wrong, but it is probably also biting off more than we can chew. Our qi drain is nowhere near that powerful and our endurance is nowhere near that strong.

Anabanana

Augur
No, I'm talking about the current fight. He's currently channeling his qi into us to try and destroy us. His qi is half chaos. So.

Akkudakku

Arbiter
Ok Im going to probably overthink this but here it goes.
A means we have to balance a chaotic mass of qi. This is against laws of thermodynamics as everything wants to have a high entropy state (chaos) so we would have to find a lot of energy to do it. Probably this is how the flame ritual works.
B is us trying to put more into a vessel than it can hold. Unless the flames keep destroying the qi that we will replace by Ahura's. But what will we do when he is spent?

Absinthe

Arcane
Just bandwagon A so we can get an update pushed out. If we die, eh. If we live, cool. If we natter for another 50 pages, fuck that.

Akkudakku

Arbiter
I read a little about taoism just now and it says jin and yang are in constant strugle. Just like the codex :troll:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom