Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Elfberserker

Liturgist
Adjusting the vote B3>B1>A>B5

Absinthe

Arcane
B1.

A votes are retarded. We couldn't properly avoid detection by one Amesha with 7 Stealth then. We sure can't sneak past this many with 7 stealth now. Even if it somehow doesn't happen to get us killed by the Amesha Spenta while we violate their demand for us to leave, I still don't think this choice is going to be good for us.

Last edited:

a cut of domestic sheep prime

B1>B2>B3>A

A
for now. Not really solid on this, so if after all this discuss there are some solid arguments, hit me with them. Didn't expect Yunzi to be gone, but I probably should have. :/

Last edited by a moderator:

Baltika9

Arcane
Well, I think they all have their merits but here's why I think B1 is better for us right now:
B1. Tianshan Range, near Tujue territory. The place where golden fox leaves are harvested by the masked Xueguizi. Their leader is called the Tianshan Child Elder, a secretive and mysterious little girl that is said to have lived for more than a hundred years, eternally unaging. The Xueguizi are also a sect that is said to focus strongly on yin-based inner strength techniques, and have great knowledge of neigong.
At this point, his qi is a convoluted, chaotic mixture that cannot be really called yin or yang. He would have to separate them to use those techniques properly, but nothing is stopping him from learning the form and then putting his own spin on the essence, depending on the technique. But it is said that the Tianshan Child Elder is the master of internal energy research, even more so than Wang was, though most are not sure if she really exists. The trip is rather far, though.
Haha, this is even better than the original sales pitch for it. WIth a neiggong potential of 15, these guys are an absolute must for us to visit.

But really, all the options are good. It's just that with a potential of neiggong 15, I feel like visiting Tianshan Range is a must for us, especially since it's usually a pain in the ass trip, which it isn't now. I mean, come on, masters of neiggong greater than Big Wang, Golden Fox Leaf cartel and badass martial artists? And we'll be close to the Tujue Mongols?

Last edited:

Esquilax

Arcane
A votes are retarded. We couldn't properly avoid detection by one Amesha with 7 Stealth then. We sure can't sneak past this many with 7 stealth now. Even if it somehow doesn't happen to get us killed by the Amesha Spenta while we violate their demand for us to leave, I still don't think this choice is going to be good for us.

I'm with you. A does sound insane - we haven't boosted our Stealth skills and we want to infiltrate this Temple to uncover what the Fire Cult are really up to and possibly stop it, and the consequences of getting caught pretty much mean certain death. Out of all the YOLOTIGER things that we have done in this LP, this would be the YOLOTIGERest. However, I am really uneasy about what's occurring in there:

“Enough, both of you!” shouts the older woman. “The Holy Maiden has the right to take a break, but it is not solely because of that. She is also protecting us by temporarily staying away from the Temple. Should Tufan want to find her, they will not do so here.”

This implies that whatever is going on here, it is so important to the Fire Cult that they value it even above Yunzi's freedom. They're saying, "If the Tufan capture Yunzi, that's okay, just so long as they don't find out what we're doing here." That's how crucial this thing is for them.

That being said, you're right and I might be thinking about this too irrationally. We're right outside their gates and I feel compelled to do something even if it feels risky to the point of being suicidal. There's some bad shit going on behind those doors and it sucks to just feel powerless and let it happen.

Last edited:

Akkudakku

Arbiter
Flopping to B1>B4>A lets play this safe and gain some boost to our mystical inner strength, I want Jing to blow shit up with his fists!

Last edited:

Tigranes

Arcane
Well. I feel a bit trolled by treave. I don't think it's his fault, but I saw the choice a lot more as you'll get to see Yunzi and do shit with her, or see Shun and do shit with her. This is like going to see Shun and finding he ain't around.

I wonder what new reason for visiting Fire Cult we would have received from speaking to Shun. Surely it is related to the Ahura situation? I really want to vote A in terms of what we should do next, but I can't see it going well.

Baltika9

Arcane
I'm with you. A does sound insane - we haven't boosted our Stealth skills and we want to infiltrate this Temple to uncover what the Fire Cult are really up to and possibly stop it, and the consequences of getting caught pretty much mean certain death. Out of all the YOLOTIGER things that we have done in this LP, this would be the YOLOTIGERest. However, I am really uneasy about what's occurring in there:

This implies that whatever is going on here, it is so important to the Fire Cult that they value it even above Yunzi's freedom. They're saying, "If the Tufan capture Yunzi, that's okay, just so long as they don't find out what we're doing here." That's how crucial this thing is for them.

That being said, you're right and I might be thinking about this too irrationally. We're right outside their gates and I feel compelled to do something even if it feels risky to the point of being suicidal. There's some bad shit going on behind those doors and it sucks to just feel powerless and let it happen.
Fuck man, you're right. I really want A, but am honestly scared.
Maybe I'm just being a wuss about it.
+M.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
treave have said that by arriving here immediately we've got a chance to see something we otherwise wouldn't be able to. This implies we'll be alive to see it. However, there would be danger involved.

It will not be a suicide, but it won't be a walk in the park either.

Estranging the cult is a possibility. However, if they really are trying to heal Ahura, they are not going to be friendly if they succeed anyway. A chance to sabotage them might be worth it in the long run.

Baltika9

Arcane
Estranging the cult is a possibility. However, if they really are trying to heal Ahura, they are not going to be friendly if they succeed anyway. A chance to sabotage them might be worth it in the long run.
I'm just scared that it's a death sentence, man. That's the only reason I'm not going for it.

ScubaV

Prophet
treave have said that by arriving here immediately we've got a chance to see something we otherwise wouldn't be able to. This implies we'll be alive to see it. However, there would be danger involved.

Gah, troll treave strikes again. Instead of a choice between Yunzi and Shun it was a choice between something and nothing. :(

Not exactly. Arriving here directly via the previous choice affords you an unique opportunity with A you wouldn't have gotten otherwise.

A unique opportunity to get both Cao'er and Qilin killed instead of one or the other perhaps. Since treave said meeting with Shun would have given us an incentive to visit the Fire Cult, and he was only six hours away, I am extremely hard pressed to imagine a scenario that is available with the choice we made vs. the one we didn't.

Man, with the shitty way this whole sidequest went, I am super butthurt we didn't elope with Yunzi when we had the chance.

Since treave said we won't be able to do whatever Shun had in mind for us, I guess we might as well go for working on our neigong, since it's our greatest strength in the long run.

B1

Baltika9

Arcane
Then again, treave said that not meeting Shun also had it's advantages. Maybe that six hour head start we have gives us some kind of advantage. Ugh.

Esquilax

Arcane
Hmm. Good point here.

I actually think that Yunzi has no idea about what's going on here. Before we left for the tournament at Dukezong:

“I am a pilgrim, sir,” you say. “I wanted to visit the Great Fire Temple of Gushnap, so that I may worship at the fire’s glory.”

The guard stares at you a while before saying, “Lord Vairya has ordered that worship services are temporarily closed.”

“Why is that?”

He frowns at being asked for an explanation, but does so anyway.

“Our Holy Maiden has just departed for Dukezong. She will be back in two weeks’ time, and Lord Vairya has decreed a temporary hiatus on worship,” he says curtly.
You settle down and wait for Yunzi here. From the looks of it, Xsaora Vairya may be the one in charge here while she is gone. While she is not around, perhaps you can poke around the Fire Temple and try to understand more of their people, as well as attempt to uncover any secrets they may be hiding here.
“Enough, both of you!” shouts the older woman. “The Holy Maiden has the right to take a break, but it is not solely because of that. She is also protecting us by temporarily staying away from the Temple. Should Tufan want to find her, they will not do so here.”

The last quote was from the most recent update. Let's look at that series of events: Yunzi departs for Dukezong > Vairya closes the Temple to the public > Yunzi goes on vacation after the Prince takes an axe to the heart > We arrive here, and the Amesha Spenta are unconcerned about Yunzi and see this as far more important. I find this incredibly suspicious. Whatever is going on right at this particular moment, it is (a) something that is more important than the safety of their Holy Maiden, and (b) probably something that Yunzi knows nothing about, because the Temple was first closed after she had already left. That's why I'm betting that they're trying to restore Ahura.

A unique opportunity to get both Cao'er and Qilin killed instead of one or the other perhaps. Since treave said meeting with Shun would have given us an incentive to visit the Fire Cult, and he was only six hours away, I am extremely hard pressed to imagine a scenario that is available with the choice we made vs. the one we didn't.
Since treave said we won't be able to do whatever Shun had in mind for us, I guess we might as well go for working on our neigong, since it's our greatest strength in the long run.

Well, it could be a scenario upon which we arrived just in the nick of time. Look at what happened when we missed the Fire Cult vs Eight Sects showdown by a day! Just like that Big Wang dies, the Abbot dies and the Douchebag Generation is on top. Though where did you get the "six hours" figure from? I couldn't find it myself. This is an insanely risky affair, but it just seems so unlike us to turn our heads when we know that something very bad is going on in there.

Tribute

Arbiter
Now I'm genuinely not sure whether I'd rather investigate what the hell's going on here or go do our Mongol thing like we've been meaning to do since the prologue.

I'm leaning towards Mongolia as what I'd actually rather be doing, but if there really is an opportunity here with A I'm not sure I want to miss it.

Kipeci

Arcane
I imagine that it would still probably be an option if we went with A here. If we do end up going to Tien Shan though, well, I don't really have a problem, but what's going on right here right now seems to be more urgent business to attend to. We may as well get something out of the loss from the last vote.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom