Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Anabanana

Augur
Or why not do our shit before we start taking care of his? We came to Turfagistan for Yunzi, and I'd rather we finish this objective first before we do anything else. If Ahun really needs us that badly, he can rally with us at the Cult (introducing him to them can introduce interesting solutions by itself).

So why not go meet him first and give him an opportunity to tell us if he really needs us that badly? It seems more logical to go to the person who's closer at hand than going straight to the Fire Cult. We could just check in, hear what he has to say, and say "hey Shun we're going to the Fire Cult come find me there if you really, really need me okay? thx bro I knew you'd understand".

But yeah I get that you want to go for Yunzi no matter what so hey. You do what you gotta do man.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

We could just check in, hear what he has to say, and say "hey Shun we're going to the Fire Cult come find me there if you really, really need me okay? thx bro I knew you'd understand".
So then why are we being offered a choice right now instead of after we meet Shun? How far away is Shun exactly?

Baltika9

Arcane
So why not go meet him first and give him an opportunity to tell us if he really needs us that badly? It seems more logical to go to the person who's closer at hand than going straight to the Fire Cult. We could just check in, hear what he has to say, and say "hey Shun we're going to the Fire Cult come find me there if you really, really need me okay? thx bro I knew you'd understand".

But yeah I get that you want to go for Yunzi no matter what so hey. You do what you gotta do man.
Yep. Yunzi is THE woman that our girls want as Number Three, THE woman that Shun wanted us to hook up with, THE most adorable tsundere in the setting.
Fuck no, we fucked up too much with her. If Shun needs us, come see us at the Cult and meet our new friends too.

ScubaV

Prophet
I want to add Yunzi to the harem, which is the primary motivation, but I'll admit I sometimes get butthurt at the choices that win. To me, voting B is also about delivering a "fuck you" to some of the votes that have annoyed me. "Oh you (general you) keep blowing off Yunzi? No fuck you, we're getting her for good this time even if it makes you butthurt about blowing off Shun for once."

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
We could just check in, hear what he has to say, and say "hey Shun we're going to the Fire Cult come find me there if you really, really need me okay? thx bro I knew you'd understand".
So then why are we being offered a choice right now instead of after we meet Shun? How far away is Shun exactly?

About six hours down the road.

As for why you guys are being offered a choice right now, hey, it's rather split, isn't it? :troll:

Anabanana

Augur

Because there will be people who will want to pursue Yunzi regardless of what Shun says?

Fangshi

Arcane
Anabanana said:
Shun's business is urgent and serious and will have wide-reaching effects.

Well to be fair I doubt the man would ever come to us with something that he thought was trivial. Shun will always have some threat for us to deal with, it does not mean he needs us. He wants us sure but the man is talented, he can manage for three days while we tend to a matter we have been putting off for years.

But lets say there is some great threat that only Jing can handle. It would probably involve fighting or sneaking since that is what we do. If we win over Yunzi, finally, then it will be like having two Jings on hand and ready to kick some orthodox ass. We may even be more likely to succeed with her help than if we just go right to Shun. There are perfectly rational reasons to go with both options and there are definite advantages to having Yunzi along as well.

Hell she will probably bring along a chaperon as well... maybe even Rob... Rob, Jing and Yunzi could have all eight sects beaten and be back at the Cult in two weeks. ;)

Tribute

Arbiter

About six hours down the road.

As for why you guys are being offered a choice right now, hey, it's rather split, isn't it? :troll:
I know a number of us are voting against meeting Shun on the basis of "as soon as we get there, something will pop up that will mean we can't just turn around and go see Yunzi".

Anabanana

Augur
I know a number of us are voting against meeting Shun on the basis of "as soon as we get there, something will pop up that will mean we can't just turn around and go see Yunzi".
Sure, you can go talk to the Emperor first and then figure if you have time to hit up the Fire Temple. That's A.

treave has already confirmed that you will have the choice to go to the Fire Temple afterwards. I think this is a good opportunity to get some intel and catch up on what's going on with Shun, even if you don't plan on going through with his mission.

kazgar

Arcane
As a side note, wish i'd kept copies of character sheet after every update, be awesome to graph all the allegiances moving around and skill/stat number changes.

(was thinking this because pondering how shunning shun will effect out already poor imperial court rep)

Anabanana

Augur
Anabanana said:

Well to be fair I doubt the man would ever come to us with something that he thought was trivial. Shun will always have some threat for us to deal with, it does not mean he needs us. He wants us sure but the man is talented, he can manage for three days while we tend to a matter we have been putting off for years.

But lets say there is some great threat that only Jing can handle. It would probably involve fighting or sneaking since that is what we do. If we win over Yunzi, finally, then it will be like having two Jings on hand and ready to kick some orthodox ass. We may even be more likely to succeed with her help than if we just go right to Shun. There are perfectly rational reasons to go with both options and there are definite advantages to having Yunzi along as well.

Hell she will probably bring along a chaperon as well... maybe even Rob... Rob, Jing and Yunzi could have all eight sects beaten and be back at the Cult in two weeks. ;)

Somehow I feel like it'll take more than three days to get Tsunzi to join our harem. It's three days just to get to the cult, remember.

If that's what you're going for, we should at least touch base with Shun and let him know where to find us before going to the Fire Cult. I honestly see no downside to picking A, given that you can still go to the Fire Cult afterwards if you want.

Fangshi

Arcane
Anabanana said:
Somehow I feel like it'll take more than three days to get Tsunzi to join our harem. It's three days just to get to the cult, remember.

If that's what you're going for, we should at least touch base with Shun and let him know where to find us before going to the Fire Cult. I honestly see no downside to picking A, given that you can still go to the Fire Cult afterwards if you want.

Oh no, I am going for completely emotional reasons. :lol: I am just saying that there are rational ones as well. I voted to go find Yunzi, to flee the tournament with her, and to drop everything to immediately go find her in each vote since. I may usually lose but I am consistent... ;)

I just have a gut feeling that as soon as we will talk to Shun everyone will vote to run off and help him. I really doubt we will talk to the man and then decide to go to the Cult. Once the 'Dex gets a whiff of Shun we go running so I am attempting to remove the temptation. Yunzi first, then we worry about Shun and China.

Esquilax

Arcane
As a side note, wish i'd kept copies of character sheet after every update, be awesome to graph all the allegiances moving around and skill/stat number changes.

(was thinking this because pondering how shunning shun will effect out already poor imperial court rep)

I'd be much more interested in seeing Zhang Jue's character sheet. I'm curious about just how many groups he has -100 rep with. Not that it matters, of course, even if they despise him, the Douchebag Generation strikes me as too chickenshit to actually come after him. Nie Wuxing wasn't willing to fight Ahura even with the Sword Saint backing him, he would shit his pants if our Master was bored one day and wanted to amuse himself with a trip to Mount Hua.

Oh, and I doubt that we'll take a rep hit with the Imperial Court for declining Shun's mission for now. Our relationship with Shun and our relationship with the Court have been two completely different things thus far. Operation: Immortal didn't improve our standing with them, because it was not meant to be something that the Court knew about.

I just have a gut feeling that as soon as we will talk to Shun everyone will vote to run off and help him. I really doubt we will talk to the man and then decide to go to the Cult. Once the 'Dex gets a whiff of Shun we go running so I am attempting to remove the temptation. Yunzi first, then we worry about Shun and China.

To be fair, Shun only called us once before, and we went to help him. Then we declined the chance to become constable, so really, we're 1 for 2 here. That being said, I voted in a similar pattern as well; I was totally gung-ho about going after the Fire Cult once we beat the Young Tigers Tournament, I was adamant about it again when we had recovered at Emei, and I wanted a shorter training time specifically so we could see Yunzi beforehand.

kazgar

Arcane

I'd be much more interested in seeing Zhang Jue's character sheet. I'm curious about just how many groups he has -100 rep with. Not that it matters, of course, even if they despise him, the Douchebag Generation strikes me as too chickenshit to actually come after him. Nie Wuxing wasn't willing to fight Ahura even with the Sword Saint backing him, he would shit his pants if our Master was bored one day and wanted to amuse himself with a trip to Mount Hua.

Oh, and I doubt that we'll take a rep hit with the Imperial Court for declining Shun's mission for now. Our relationship with Shun and our relationship with the Court have been two completely different things thus far. Operation: Immortal didn't improve our standing with them, because it was not meant to be something that the Court knew about.

All those spoilers would be nice too, but the character sheet over time has been public all along, just think would look nice and might be a good way to explain how our choices have grown our character in a visual/data driven way. Mostly idle curiosity.

Kipeci

Arcane
If something comes up to make us think as a majority that it's a better idea to ditch Yunzi, it's probably a good idea to go for it. If Shun's being overdramatic about this, we can visit Yunzi anyway.

Tribute

Arbiter
I am half-considering flopping, but I'm also going to bed within the next five minutes.

Baltika9

Arcane
Bro, don't! Keep your faith in Yunzi and Rob Halford, the Guardian of METAL! strong!

Tribute

Arbiter
Currently the main thing preventing me from flopping is my lack of confidence that we actually will just turn around and go get Yunzi once we've got our infodump from Shun.

I do want to know what's going on.

Baltika9

Arcane
Shun will come if it's that urgent. And we can get the skinny from other sources in the jianghu as well, like Qi Liuwu and Gam Gam Miecao. We have our ways.

Keep your resolve strong!
:salute:

Tribute

Arbiter
That and illness has finally beaten me, so I'm off to bed.

You'll have to find someone else to get your last A vote, I suppose.

Kipeci

Arcane
Anabanana said:

How will you know what threat it is if you go straight to Yunzi? We know where Yunzi is and she doesn't seem likely to move, but we have no idea if Shun will be sticking around for a few days or not or even where he is now. If it's the sort of mission that would be best with two, it might be possible to suggest that as an option and go to the Fire Cult to pick up Yunzi, but you won't know if you don't even meet with the guy.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom