Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Rex Feral

Prophet
That is why we should kill that fucker.

Absinthe

Arcane
Can't we keep it simple?

Vote 1. Zhang Manxing dies. Problem solved.

This wouldn't've happened if you guys just voted for killing Zhang Manxing in the first place.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
That is why we should kill that fucker.
Vote B1, then. Because:
I dunno about that. If we run and off zhang the inferior then Rinchen will pretty much have to marry her uncle. Which means that she will run anyway, which gives us a B option minus the princess.
Or is that the plan? I'd say take the girl with you, if you don't have to become a general for that.

Esquilax

Arcane
If we decided not to kill him earlier when we had the chance, why are we being so gung-ho about it now? I don't understand.

Rex Feral

Prophet
I did vote to kill him. Most you didn't want to do it in plain sight however since we didn't want to appear a murderer to the public. But now, when no one can see us, quick and clean, why not?

Nevill

Arcane
However, given the desperation that a kidnapped Princess and a dead Prince would cause, Rinchen might re-evaluate her position and value duty over her own feelings here.
We specifically asked her sister about what Rinchen thinks about duty.

We knew it even before the tournament. She would run.

Baltika9

Arcane
If we decided not to kill him earlier when we had the chance, why are we being so gung-ho about it now? I don't understand.
Because we won't look bad and DISHONORABRU while doing it.
Yeah, I don't get it either. In my opinion, this trash isn't worth our time and the risk of taking him out (I mean, really, kidnapping the princess and assassinating him with her on our back?). Let's just do what we want to do and do it.

Anabanana

Augur
Thing is, that's what the little sister thinks she'll do. Rinchen might want to run away, but that was when her brother was still alive and in charge, and her little sister was still available to be married off. Her attitude might change given the current situation. And even if the princess wants to run away, Wuni was already reluctant to do so in the first place, and might be even more reluctant now.

But I suppose that's what our speech skill is for.

Though I still think C is better than B though. We'll deprive Zhang Manzing of the throne that way, but still provide Shun with an in to Tufan politics. The lovers get to marry legitimately, Jing gets a princess and the opportunity to learn Tibetan martial arts and make trips into China when he needs to, so it's... not the worst choice at least.

Esquilax

Arcane
I did vote to kill him. Most you didn't want to do it in plain sight however since we didn't want to appear a murderer to the public. But now, when no one can see us, quick and clean, why not?

Okay, but now that we didn't actually kill him, what you personally did or didn't vote for isn't consistent with what actually happened. Hey, I sympathize; it sucks when you're passionate about a vote and it doesn't go your way, but if the character ends up doing something else than what you wanted him to do, you gotta be consistent with what actually happened, not what you wished happened.

Nevill

Arcane
Okay, but now that we didn't actually kill him, what you personally did or didn't vote for isn't consistent with what actually happened. Hey, I sympathize; it sucks when you're passionate about a vote and it doesn't go your way, but if the character ends up doing something else than what you wanted him to do, you gotta be consistent with what actually happened, not what you wished happened.
Well, to be fair, if I didn't have to seacrh for him and encountered him by chance, I totally would. Why? Why the hell not? Bai Jiutian did less against us, and we are ready to spill his blood. This guy is no less dangerous, and far more malevolent.

Absinthe

Arcane
Good fucking grief just how badly do you want Zhang Manxing's dick that you keep bending over for him?

The dude's a fucking asshole, a thorn in our side, untrustworthy as fuck, probably going to give us more trouble down the road if we let him, and somehow you want to spare him?

KILL HIM

"Death solves all problems. No man, no problem."

Baltika9

Arcane
It'a also inconvenient to go out of our way, search the entire city and then escape the alerted city once they discover our disappearance and his corpse. Like, very inconvenient. He's not worth the trouble.

Nevill

Arcane
But what if we take an arrow AXE TO THE MOTHERFUCKING HEART?

Rex Feral, are you so mad at zhang that you are willing to strengthen Tufan for a chance of killing him?

Because A1 unites two Tufan kingdoms. Unless you also kill Princess Jinpa, of course.

Kipeci

Arcane
I'll try pushing C a little more, though the cause looks like it's unfortunately not going to pan out. zhang is no one of consequence in C, a figure who can be either dispatched or ignored without having to worry about whether or not anyone else would get married to the punk.

Last edited:

Baltika9

Arcane
No, we're getting a fresh manicure from Qilin after we get out of the city anyway.
My stance on this is pretty simple: fucker is not worth the effort. B2 and C2 do a fine enough job of cockblocking and trolling him at once, so I see no reason to expend the effort of tracking him down and killing him. Fuck this guy, I would rather bask in his impotent rage.
I'll try pushing C a little more, though the cause looks like it's unfortunately not going to pan out. Zhang Jue is no one of consequence in C, a figure who can be either dispatched or ignored without having to worry about whether or not anyone else would get married to the punk.
You just lost my vote.

Kipeci

Arcane
No, we're getting a fresh manicure from Qilin after we get out of the city anyway.
My stance on this is pretty simple: fucker is not worth the effort. B2 and C2 do a fine enough job of cockblocking and trolling him at once, so I see no reason to expend the effort of tracking him down and killing him. Fuck this guy, I would rather bask in his impotent rage.
I'll try pushing C a little more, though the cause looks like it's unfortunately not going to pan out. Zhang Jue is no one of consequence in C, a figure who can be either dispatched or ignored without having to worry about whether or not anyone else would get married to the punk.
You just lost my vote.
shit that was a bad error

Absinthe

Arcane
Dude is worth killing. I'm pretty sure the girls can tell you his residence in an instant because Manxing has already invited them over.

But what if we take an arrow AXE TO THE MOTHERFUCKING HEART?
Alzheimer's getting to you, Nevill? Remember, it was the prince who took one, not Jing. I know I had to repeat it to you a lot so that it would sink in, but that moment has passed now, so you don't need to keep repeating it out loud in case you forget. You already seem to be forgetting the important details anyway.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Ach. So much vitriol. I say we kill him if he's foolish enough to get in our way again. Otherwise, we have more important things to do. Kidnapping princesses, visiting Yunzi and the cult, and/or finding cool Tibetan monks.

Kipeci

Arcane
Is anyone else willing to profess a reason why they think B ranks over C? It's been confirmed that we can still visit the folks we want to meet with and go to the Huashan Summit should we choose to do so, keeps zhang out of any power and adds another princess to the harem while also allowing us to train up in Tibet and meet up with the Fire Cult instead of running off.

Nevill

Arcane
Is anyone else willing to profess a reason why they think B ranks over C? It's been confirmed that we can still visit the folks we want to meet with and go to the Huashan Summit should we choose to do so, keeps zhang out of any power and adds another princess to the harem while also allowing us to train up in Tibet and meet up with the Fire Cult instead of running off.
- We are an adventurer Man Tiger Pig. Not an official. I much prefer hitting the road to the palace stuff. If you are an official representative of the Tufan court, you can't troll people like you do. Or kill foreign princes. Or steal princesses
- Less time to do our own thing in China. My own country interests me more that a foreign one
- Being a general under a king does not sound as cool as being a king. Or a khan
- What I've seen in Tufan does not make me want to live here. Also, their women are braver than their soldiers, so much for being a general with these pussies
- If you marry to the princess, you have to make her first wife over existing ones. Less chance to get Yunzi

Is that enough?

Kipeci

Arcane
- We are an adventurer Man Tiger Pig. Not an official. I much prefer hitting the road to the palace stuff. If you are an official representative of the Tufan court, you can't troll people like you do

We'd be a general, still a pretty outdoorsy figure in these days. Yang Xue wasn't chilling around in the palace all day, he spent much of his time at the border involved with the nomadic turks. We can still troll people easily enough; imagine BJ and the others having to address us with the respect that a foreign general is due when we go to compete at the Huashan summit. Most of our trolling occurs in battle, anyway.

- Less time to do our own thing in China

We have plenty of time to do important things there. Leaving now, on the other hand, leaves us with no time to accomplish what we came to do in Tibet.

- Being a general under a king does not sound as cool as being a king. Or a khan

Generals have more resources to amass power and territory to themselves than random martial artists, yes? I can think of a great number of generals who either overthrew or carved out their own countries yet not any for masters of some martial arts punching their way into ruling a country. If you hate palace life, why would you want to be a king, anyway?

- What I've seen in Tufan does not make me want to live here. Also, their women are braver than their soldiers, so much for being a general with these pussies

Do you think that the average Chinese soldier would actually have more integrity in facing the apprentice of the Southern Maniac? We're now on a level with enough notoriety from killing and so on that we're going to strike fear into the heart of just about any who envision us as potentially being their enemy.

- If you marry to the princess, have to make her first wife over existing ones, less chance to get Yunzi

First wife is just a title, and if anything we have more of a chance to meet up with Yunzi since we're going to be in the area instead of heading away for who knows how many years.

We should shackle kingdoms to us not be shacked to a kingdom.

What do you intend to do that with? Just one guy can't control a whole kingdom with nothing more than his fists, there has to be some sort of army. We've passed up on the options that would have allowed Jing to mind control an army of spiders and snakes, so that leaves a more conventional one as a necessity. Being a general neatly solves that issue.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom