Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Baltika9

Arcane
Shit, I don't fancy leaving Turfan this early and pissing on the Cult and Rob Halford by nabbing Yunzi, Esquilax is right on that.
Flopping to B1 and hoping Cao'er comes through on this.

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Smashing Axe raised a valid point about not involving Cao'er.

A foreigner running for the prince at the behest of another foreigner who just axed him is not going to be taken lightly by the guards. The first reaction would be to strike out and protect what is left of the prince's life, especially when the people are panicking. Cao'er does not know the language, and she can't explain her purpose here. Who would get the accomplice of the Southern Maniac near the recently assaulted prince? You would be lucky if she does not get a spear through her ribs. Your attempt to save his life might be seen as trying to finish the job.

And if she gets through, as unlikely as it is, who has enough medicine knowledge here to say that she didn't, that she really tried to save him instead of ensuring his death? A royal patient dies on the hands of his doctor, the latter is going to take the blame for it - and they don't even know she is a medic and not an assassin.

This is a panicked 'Shit! What do we do now?' vote that lead to the Sphere Diplomacy. If you just look at it calmly, you'll see there is no chance that it will work or even provide a benevolent reaction. When the mob is hysterical, you have to resist the urge to make any rash moves, they just won't see it the right way.

treave have confirmed that B2 won't be the end of it and that it leaves us a possibility to talk with the princess, but he didn't say a word about B1. In fact, it was added there as a freeform choice. And we love our freeform choices, don't we? :P

Baltika9

Arcane
He is obviously holding out on me. B1 means a steamy scene between Tenzing and Jing as we add the prince to our harem. And his sisters, too, but who cares about women?

Speaking of which, treave, how much would we lose in terms of stats if we agreed to give up an arm for Yang Xue's training? Would his tutelage be worth such a steep price, making us into an uber-badass?

a cut of domestic sheep prime

I'll add a word about B1 then. You won't go to jail there. :lol:
Yeah, we'll just be executed on the spot. Geez, guys. We just stole the prince's girlfriend future wife (in his mind, at least) and then we kicked an axe into his chest. He'll want us dead, regardless of whether or not we save his life.

And if Cao'er fails to pull off a miracle, we're still dead. Her too. If she fails to heal him, for all they know, she have just been there to make double-sure he's dead. Same thing if they just kill her for approaching him.

And since I suck at convincing you guys, listen to Nevill:
This is a panicked 'Shit! What do we do now?' vote that lead to the Sphere Diplomacy. If you just look at it calmly, you'll see there is no chance that it will work or even provide a benevolent reaction. When the mob is hysterical, you have to resist the urge to make any rash moves, they just won't see it the right way.

treave has confirmed that B2 won't be the end of it and that it leaves us a possibility to talk with the princess, but he didn't say a word about B1. In fact, it was added there as a freeform choice. And we love our freeform choices, don't we? :P

Last edited by a moderator:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Nah, they can't stop you here. Executing you with just the forces present is pretty much impossible.

Baltika9

Arcane
Fuck it. YOLOTIGERS do B1. This is probably not my last flop.
Speaking of which, treave, how much would we lose in terms of stats if we agreed to give up an arm for Yang Xue's training? Would his tutelage be worth such a steep price, making us into an uber-badass?
*cough*

Nevill

Arcane
Look, Cao'er have seconds to work her magic, but she has to get to the prince, first, and she can't waste them on explanations or trying to find someone willing to translate. She will have to dart between the guards and get her hands on the prince against their will, which is bad in itself, because when you are a bodyguard, you don't wait and see if some crazy person didn't mean any harm to your employer when they bypassed you with lightning speed.

If they catch her midway, this is bad, too, because she won't make it and there would be no way left for her to prove her intentions. Why would anyone believe her that she rushed to help?

Involving her is also bad because right now we are one of the many responsible. If she tries anything at our order, we will inevitably be seen as the one trying to mess with the prince. Just think of it from the onlooker's perspective - a foreigner axes the prince, and commands something to another foreigner, after which she darts for the prince avoiding the guards and kneels before the prince, doing something. Then the prince dies. However you look at it, this is a assassination.

This acts shifts the focus on us and Cao'er, and right now they are looking for the ones to blame. In B2, their attention is split between the 4 people. In B1, you have the central stage. Does not matter what your intentions are. You can't voice them here, anyway.

This is extremely bad, and the worst part is that should it result in a very logical outcome, people would be surprised and outraged as these ingrates. How dared they lash at us when we were just trying to help! These Tufans are such assholes! So much UNBRO!

People just can't see how it looks from the other side.

Oh, well that's great. So there is no downside to B1 at all? Yes, let's all flop to B1. No downside at all, I'm sure...
The downside is that these people don't know that. And that there will be Cao'er in the midst of armed guards. Executing her is very, very possible.

Last edited:

Baltika9

Arcane
Cao'er is awesome at qinggong, though, she was way better than us two years ago as the Wudu scenario displayed. treave said that she was developing by herself, so getting past a bunch of clumsy guards will be child's play for her. And anyone who wants to mess with our little girl will have to go through Jing first. Good luck with that.

I see how it looks, but pint ius that they can't do shit about it.

Yeah, Cao'er is invincible, bros!

:lol: Tempted to flop to B1 just to see her die...

edit:
Baltika9, Let's make a deal: you flop to B2 and I'll vote for giving up an arm the next time we meet up with Yang. :D

Nevill

Arcane
Cao'er is awesome at qinggong, though, she was way better than us two years ago as the Wudu scenario displayed. treave said that she was developing by herself, so getting past a bunch of clumsy guards will be child's play for her. And anyone who wants to mess with our little girl will have to go through Jing first. Good luck with that.

I see how it looks, but pint ius that they can't do shit about it.
She is not trying to fight or to evade and escape, she is trying to get to the prince. And the more you try to dodge the guards, the more you look like an assassin.

She will have to stop running to try and help the prince, and that's when she is a perfect target. No one here has a reason to let her lay a hand on the prince. Tensions run high currently, and the people are not thinking rationally.

And anyone who wants to mess with our little girl will have to go through Jing first.
This is so much :retarded: that it boggles my mind.
You are sending her where you can't be! You can't cover for her.

Oh, I have an idea. Why not have B3 - run to the prince together with Cao'er? That way you can protect her if something happens. It's not like anyone is going to misunderstand us!

It's perfect, guys! Flop to B3!

Baltika9

Arcane
Yeah, that's why Jing is there. They have to get through Jing to touch Cao'er, and that's not gonna happen within a minute. I have absolute confidence that Cao'er will reach the dude, because of her developed agility and qinggong, and that Jing will be able to protect her if the need arises.
It's the "what if she fails" scenario that worries me, but I feel the risk is worth having free reign in Turfan and being able to visit Rob Halford and the Dalai Lama. And whatever else this place has to offer.

Nevill

Arcane
I'll add a word about B1 then. You won't go to jail there. :lol:
Excellent.

To convince anyone of anything, we have to be apprehended and questioned. For that, we need to surrender and explain ourselves. The crime of assaulting the prince, willingly or not, is a serious one. Doubly so if you are a foreigner from enemy country with a reputation of a murderer.

If we don't go in jail, then it means we will be named the enemy of the people on the spot. Since there will be no need to question us, it means that our guilt is proven without doubt.

It's going to be perfect.

Yeah, that's why Jing is there. They have to get through Jing to touch Cao'er, and that's not gonna happen within a minute.
So much facepalm.
You are sending Cao'er to the prince. Jing is on the stage, and he stays there to not provoke them further.
No one has to go through Jing to get to Cao'er, Jing is not where she is.

It's the "what if she fails" scenario that worries me, but I feel the risk is worth having free reign in Turfan and being able to visit Rob Halford and the Dalai Lama. And whatever else this place has to offer.
There is no way for her to succeed when she has to waste her time avoiding the guards instead of healing the prince.

Tigranes

Arcane
I don't see the appeal of B1. If Cao'er is stopped getting there, we're even more suspicious. If Cao'er fails, we're way more suspicious. If Cao'er succeeds, cool, but that's a pretty low chance and Prince Tenzin isn't exactly beneficial to either Yunzi or us or Shun, even if we don't know exactly the political situations. Meh.

Let A1 or B2 win.

So much facepalm.
You are sending Cao'er to the prince. Jing is on the stage, and he stays there to not provoke them further.
No one has to go through Jing to get to Cao'er, Jing is not where she is.
Oh, I have an idea. Why not have B3 - run to the prince together with Cao'er? That way you can protect her if something happens. It's not like anyone is going to misunderstand us!

It's perfect, guys! Flop to B3!
I agree that this needs to be an option. Just telling Cao'er to run in and put her life in danger on her own feels like sending a dog across a busy street to fetch a stick. Maybe she has the agility to do it and maybe not, but it still ain't right.

edit: it pisses me off that no one noticed I was trying to split the ticket here. :/

Last edited by a moderator:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom