Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
You could try, yes.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Tribute said:
Ring-outs are a valid means of elimination, yes? Could we take down Zhang and then push the girl out of the ring before she gets herself killed by the crazed ax-wielding maniac?
I think with her boss dead, she will run away by herself. What would be her purpose here without him? She is not going to marry the princess, and there will be no one to punish her for deserting.

Of course, if she loves him for some inexplicable reason, that might complicate things. Chanfeng was enamoured to manlou, after all.

Last edited:

Tribute

Arbiter
For a second there I forgot she could just surrender.

It also occurs to me that there is a decent chance that this tiny frightened girl will secretly turn out to be some sort of master of poisons or other assassin or something, and she's the reason Zhang is so confident despite being mediocre. We attack Zhang, she stabs us in the back. She's the last person Jing would expect!

Baltika9

Arcane
Nah, the Little Tiger isn't that much of a threat to us as you take him for: sure, he puts up a good show with the laughing and bloodlust, but we were taught by the most brutal motherfucker in China. This guy ain't shit, and our qi leeching gives us a long enough fuse to take him out second. Nevill has me convinced, I'm down with going for zhang the inferior first. Take out the scheming bastard thst formed this coalition against us.
Flopping to GB2.

We still owe him for our girls, too.

Nevill

Arcane
We attack Zhang, she stabs us in the back. She's the last person Jing would expect!
That's why we don't just attack zhang. We come down on him in full force, eliminating him from the competition completely.

If we are cautious of the possible skullduggery, we have to be swift. If we turn our backs to them now, it might become too late.

The lil' Pang looks scary, but I doubt this guy is about anything but brute force:
Axe
The axe is commonly associated with bandits and woodsmen. Its moves are strong and primal, and its wielders generally do not follow codified techniques of martial arts. (STR + END)
I doubt that is enough to fell someone like Jing.

Last edited:

Baltika9

Arcane
Yeah, if we don't want her to pull any dirty tricks on us, the best bet is to knock her "owner" out of the fight, and then let her flee or push her out.

Of course she may just be playing the part of the scared maiden and is hiding some serious stuff in her sleeves, but that would require very rare training, Wudu Cult or Secret Police most likely.

...ahhbh shit, it's Gao Ying in disguise, isn't it?

I'm still perplexed as to what the hell is she doing in this fight at all. If she is a fighter then it makes him look like a complete bastard for bringing a servant to fight for him. If she is not (then what is her purpose here, a cheerleader?) that makes him an even bigger bastard for risking her life like that.

Nevill

Arcane
it makes him look like a complete bastard
:hmmm:

You might have missed him trying to drug two random girls and buying his way into the pugilistic community.

It's not like this makes him look any worse than he already did.

asxetos

Augur
GB2.
He somehow bugs me a lot.
Edit: I would prefer not to kill him but i vote for not holding back and hope to rip out an arm or two.

You might have missed him trying to drug two random girls and buying his way into the pugilistic community.

It's not like this makes him look any worse than he already did.

Yeah, but that was him being a complete bastard in secret, this would be an open public statement of complete and total douchebagery. I thought he was the type that would care about his public image at least somewhat.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
To be fair, they were not two random girls, but two very attractive random girls. He's a discriminating drug rapist.

Nevill

Arcane
To be fair, they were not two random girls, but two very attractive random girls. He's a discriminating drug rapist.
He is also a greedy one. Not a single girl, but two at once? Come on!

asxetos said:
Edit: I would prefer not to kill him but i vote for not holding back and hope to rip out an arm or two.
I am going straight for the testicles.

Nevill

Arcane
Well, since you guys chose MAXIMUM DICK option instead of sneaking a princess out of her bedroom, what else am I supposed to do?

Might as well cut to the chase.

Tribute

Arbiter
I imagine Shouwang Claws can be used for neutering purposes, yes. Just get in there and rip em out.

That is going to do some pretty horrifying things to our reputation, though, especially if we do that in a public tournament right in front of everybody. Not to mention it's bait to have us lose our own testes some time later on in a fit of irony.

Anabanana

Augur
G - He has the PER to catch fast movements, now let's give him the actual qinggong to do so.
B2 - I agree, let's rip that wannabe-rapist's balls out. Let's try to not hurt the servant if she gets into it though.

Esquilax

Arcane
I'm going to go against the grain with the technique suggestion:

It might also be possible for you to try and adapt some of your sword techniques for use with the chakram. His attacks are quick and forceful, reminiscent of the hard Shaolin styles rather than the soft Taiji method; this should make him rather compatible with the techniques you have.

Considering how badly we're getting piled up on, I think that we should give this guy as much of an advantage as possible. As a result, I think we should give him pointers on our prized and rare Minamoto-ryuu Sword Style so that he can adapt the technique to his chakram. I think that this is a smarter option than giving him qinggong pointers, mainly because it suits his skillset better than an overall qinggong boost, which is all-purpose and not tailored to his weapon skills.

Regarding killing/not killing, I suspect that we have to be careful about that as well. Ji Mou and Xuxian are watching our fight, and I suspect that if they see that we aren't going for the kill against the worst motherfuckers here, they won't reciprocate that same level of aggression when they join the fight. With Unarmed 8, we are a true master at this point, so we can still take them out non-lethally without much of a drop-off in effectiveness (though of course our qi is unpredictable even at the best of times).

treave, can we tell if Pang Xiaohu has a strong endurance or a powerful neigong, anything like that? If he's the sort who can come swinging at us furiously for a long time and has vast qi reserves, it might be advisable to keep him alive so that we can drain him. Xuxian would also fit the bill, but he's not in the fight yet and it would be easier to drain a fighter who is not as skilled as him.

However, for the choice of who to attack first, why not Songtsu Taide?

Besides him is a young Tibetan warrior, one of the sons of the Prince’s trusted general, it seems: Langtsu Maide, and then his brother, Songtsu Taide. Both are bedecked in light armour, spear in one hand and shield in the other. They look straight ahead, calmly awaiting the start of battle.
Before they can get to you, Jixuan Wuni blindsides Langtsu Maide, knocking down the Tibetan officer while he is too preoccupied with your presence.
You focus your attack on Songtsu Taide, attempting to defeat the Tibetan before he goes back to his brother’s aid.

We came here to get Wuni hitched, and since Wuni has already managed to gain an advantage over Langtsu, we should press that advantage by taking out his brother. I'm reluctant to kill this guy, so we should do this as non-lethally as possible.

GB2, but I could flop. However, I think the Minamoto style is the best choice for Wuni.

Last edited:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
treave, can we tell if Pang Xiaohu has a strong endurance or a powerful neigong, anything like that? If he's the sort who can come swinging at us furiously for a long time and has vast qi reserves, it might be advisable to keep him alive so that we can drain him. Xuxian would also fit the bill, but he's not in the fight yet and it would be easier to drain a fighter who is not as skilled as him.

You can't tell before you fight him, but his neigong shouldn't be too powerful. He does appear to be the sort to have naturally high strength and endurance though. With Xuxian, having enough qi that you can sense it without a fight could mean that he is not keeping it hidden, or that he doesn't have the skills to hide that much qi, or even that whatever you detect is only a small fraction of his true power.

Just from what you can tell his inner strength should be greater than yours, hence the statement that he was the most powerful fighter in the room. Jing was including himself in that estimation.

Nevill

Arcane
Esquilax said:
Considering how badly we're getting piled up on, I think that we should give this guy as much of an advantage as possible. As a result, I think we should give him pointers on our prized and rare Minamoto-ryuu Sword Style so that he can adapt the technique to his chakram. I think that this is a smarter option than giving him qinggong pointers, mainly because it suits his skillset better than an overall qinggong boost, which is all-purpose and not tailored to his weapon skills.
It is tailored to his weapons skills because it is all-purpose.
Our kenjutsu relies on lightning-fast movements:
Splashing Tail of the Black Tortoise – A rapid attack that involves the use of the scabbard as a defensive measure, drawing the sheathed sword in a simultaneous slash in a style that combines both defense and offense.
Leaf Dance of the Azure Dragon – A series of flowing, precise slashes linked together with graceful footwork so that it appears like a single move dancing around the opponent
Fiery Flight of the Vermillion Pheasant – a sequence of six powerful slashes executed in quick succession as the user leaps forward, aimed at overwhelming their defenses.
Golden Fangs of the White Tiger – a dangerous double-edged move that resheaths the sword mid-fight to expose the enemy’s weakness before counter-attacking at the last possible second with immense speed and power.
He simply lacks the attributes to utilize it fully. Yet he is equally talented as Jing in ways of his own techniques. He just needs to execute them better.

Esquilax said:
Regarding killing/not killing, I suspect that we have to be careful about that as well. Ji Mou and Xuxian are watching our fight, and I suspect that if they see that we aren't going for the kill against the worst motherfuckers here, they won't reciprocate that same level of aggression when they join the fight. With Unarmed 8, we are a true master at this point, so we can still take them out non-lethally without much of a drop-off in effectiveness (though of course our qi is unpredictable even at the best of times).
Sorry, this is a very biased tournament. No one can expect us to watch our movements when we are being dogpiled.

Let me also remind you, that even while voting for 2, we are not striving to kill. We just choose not to hold back. Really, in these circumstances limiting ourselves does not seem like a good idea.

Esquilax said:
We came here to get Wuni hitched, and since Wuni has already managed to gain an advantage over Langtsu, we should press that advantage by taking out his brother. I'm reluctant to kill this guy, so we should do this as non-lethally as possible.
This is a possibility, yes. But the things keep changing. First, it was a tournament. Then, a battle royale. Then, we have two extra participants, and we have learned that zhang brought a servant with him. We can't stick to the same plan we had in the beginning, we have to adapt.

Right now, letting Wuni win and letting Yunzi win are both viable outcomes. Hell, winning by ourselves and ditching the Tufans is a viable outcome, as long as we get Yunzi out of the prince's reach while we are at it.

Last edited:

Jester

Arbiter
He is also a greedy one. Not a single girl, but two at once? Come on!
Is he Jing or what? Dont wish for competition in this department.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom