Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Kipeci

Arcane
Well what sort of answers are you expecting to get from them if not similarly broad ones? A step by step flowchart of the exact plans that Ahura had to assassinate so and so to gain power? Jing doesn't have the power to demand such answers from them (if he even trusted anyone aside from himself with them, an absolute ruler with divine authority doesn't have to spell everything out for followers to accept the plan) even if he weren't pretty badly injured as he is now. He can only really rely on Yunzi's goodwill to get him anywhere, which is probably already short due to Qilin and I imagine won't be getting much better if Jing starts whining about all the answers she owes him.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Kipeci said:
Well what sort of answers are you expecting to get from them if not similarly broad ones?
What is it that she intends to do to fix the situation, for starters. She is intent on helping them. All right. What is it that she plans to do? That really does not require her being privy to Ahura's plan, and I am not here for a history lesson anyway. I am not about to dwell on the past, I am willing to move on, but I am not going to ignore what is happening in the Fire Cult any longer.

Kipeci said:
He can only really rely on Yunzi's goodwill to get him anywhere, which is probably already short due to Qilin
Oh, sowwy, pwincess, for not simply letting you go back to your followers who just tried to kill me ten minutes ago, and with the GFF still around. That is really mean, especially in comparison with what they had in stock for us.

Kipeci

Arcane
What is it that she intends to do to fix the situation, for starters. She is intent on helping them. All right. What is it that she plans to do? That really does not require her being privy to Ahura's plan, and I am not here for a history lesson anyway. I am not about to dwell on the past, I am willing to move on, but I am not going to ignore what is happening in the Fire Cult any longer.

That's fairly reasonable, I guess, though I definitely wouldn't try coaching that in terms of a demand that she owes us to answer. Though I don't see why we can't try to talk about that on the way over rather than keeping her here for it, it very well may require some time-sensitive action on her part.

Oh, sowwy, pwincess, for not simply letting you go back to your followers who just tried to kill me ten minutes ago, and with the GFF still around. That is really mean, especially in comparison with what they had in stock for us.

That's pretty sorry, especially considering how she's in the midst of Orthodox followers who bear the Fire Cultists (especially important ones) very little goodwill at this time precisely because of what Ahura and had in stock for them if he'd won the match. That she was the figure to save us from the follower attempting to kill us, that Qilin was threatening to kill her even more recently and that she's no medical figure who could help to heal Ahura make such a demand seem even more dubious.

Nevill

Arcane
Yifang. But she probably doesn't know it yet.

Back at Emei, the rankings were as follows:
1. Cao'er
2. Yifang
3. Qilin
4. Yunzi

I guess after the cave story Qilin became our favorite wife. Anyway, we can always ask Cao'er. She is the one keeping tabs on this stuff.

Nevill

Arcane
Grrrr. I am still angry and butthurt about all of this, and I don't know who to take it out on. The Flaming Faggot is a cripple, his Amesha Spentas are too strong, his people are victims of circumstances, the orthodoxes helped us rescue Qilin, and Yunzi is not responsible for any of this. Everyone is off-limits! Zhang Jue is not amused.

I hope that tonight Jing will have a long and in-depth talk with Qilin on why a girl does not want to be a hostage.

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
Hey, after this I am all for beelining to Guizhou and getting married. Seriously, one does not take on an opponent of Zhang Jue's level because of a girl unless he is madly in love. Or just generally insane.

I told myself that if we live through this, then I'd rather have Qilin than the khandom.

Still hoping for both, though.

Nevill

Arcane
Such is the fate of the Codex.
treave: "Go with Yunzi or go meet Guo Fu?"
codex: "Guo Fu!"
treave: "Go try to meet with the hot nun who's into you or adventure with Bai, the handsome man-boy?"
codex: "Man-boy, man-boy!"
treave: "Kidnap the crime boss' hot daughter or throw a temper tantrum like a giant faggot?"
codex: "FAGGOT MODE ACTIVATE"

treave: "Go after your girlfriend(s) or try and size up Ahura's dick with a bunch of smelly men?"
Lambchop19: "M-M-MAXIMUM DICK!!!"
:troll:

Nevill

Arcane
Oh, BTW, treave, if we tried to stay and beat Ahura... what would have happened? It seems our efforts would not have meant much in the end since his ass was kicked by Wang anyway. Or was it the BAD END, with us being an unnecessary existence and all?

I suppose Qilin would not have been shifted back in this case. What would have happened to her?

And if we didn't take the fighters with us (with C1), what would it have resulted in? Seeing as how we were easily detected, I don't think anything good would have come out of it, though I imagine Yunzi would have tried to intervene if it got too bad.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Your combined efforts would have weakened him enough for Wang to succeed in outright killing him.

Not taking them means all three Amesha are there and Operation Maiden Capture doesn't happen even if you succeed in getting Qilin out.

Nevill

Arcane
treave said:
Your combined efforts would have weakened him enough for Wang to succeed in killing him outright.
Would Qilin have remained on enemy's side? Or does Wang shift her to the 'orthodox' side? I have an impression that we got shifted back with Qilin and Yunzi only because he noticed Jing.

And now I am suddenly uneasy about the consequences of leaving him alive. It has to be different from him being dead.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Since she was being held, moving her would have meant moving Vairya right into the middle of the orthodox camp. It wouldn't have been a problem though, with Ahura dead retrieving Qilin isn't hard for Jing.

Nevill

Arcane
Come on, people! For once you've made a correct choice and got a bonus for your efforts in a form of a successful completition of Operation: Maiden Capture, and yet you ditch it straight away! Shame on you!

You didn't kill Ahura, so returning Yunzi now is hardly going to make a difference to the Cult. They have their leadership, they have their Amesha Spentas. Instead, you've got a rare opportunity to get Yunzi away from them, only to waste it like that? Ingrates! Seriously, Jing does not deserve the good luck he gets once in a while.

Out of the regulars, TOME, Tribute, Random Word, Tigranes, m4davis, SirArvedeth, GreyViper, Grimgravy and a bear named spigot haven't voted yet. Come on, guys, Khaganatedom is within our grasp! We can do it!

Last edited:

profreshinal

Arcane
A

I don't want this to become a "put a bag over her head and run away with your new wife" thing but we should keep her around just long enough to make her do some diplomacy even if it's unconditional surrender diplomacy.

Baltika9

Arcane
Come on, people! For once you've made a correct choice and got a bonus for your efforts in a form of a successful completition of Operation: Maiden Capture, and yet you ditch it straight away! Shame on you!

You didn't kill Ahura, so returning Yunzi now is hardly going to make a difference to the Cult. They have their leadership, they have their Amesha Spentas. Instead, you've got a rare opportunity to get Yunzi away from them, only to waste it like that? Ingrates! Seriously, Jing does not deserve the good luck he gets once in a while.

Out of the regulars, TOME, Tribute, Random Word, Tigranes, m4davis, SirArvedeth, GreyViper, Grimgravy and a bear named spigot haven't voted yet. Come on, guys, Khaganatedom is within our grasp! We can do it!
:lol: A quadriplegic counts for a capable, competent leader now?
Gentlemen, I have a counter-offer: instead of attempting Orthodox Diplomacy, for which we are very ill-suited for obvious reasons, where everyone and their grandma has an ax to grind against us, how about we take our girl where she wants and needs to be, offer her our help and let her help her people, instead of keeping hef around the orthodoxes for an unknown reason. What can she do here and now in the first place? Stay with the orthodox sects as insurance against the Cult?

profreshinal, is it possible to sway you to C?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom