Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Absinthe

Arcane
In long term we will develop spider sword techs letting us to capitalise on our sword mastery in ranged combat. At least that is my master plan, but i doubt that 5 thievery will be enough for that so i will concentrate on sword.
That's crazy long term. If it works, cool, but that's not happening any time soon. I mean in the long term I'd like to recover our injured eye with 9 or 10 herbalism and/or yuhe finger, but I'm not going to depend on that at the present.

Taking into consideration that poison user and serial killer could become great ones i think that usage of throwing weapon would be acceptable. Disliked yes, but valid.
Speaking of which, we have the skills to poison our thrown weapons (Three Poisons Powder, not counting Cao'er or Qilin's abilities) for ranged combat. This would be a very strong weapon.

Emm we got silk for ranged tech and Treave said it is possible to drain through it. Adding something like paralysing pain to neigong could be quite sweet. I would have voted for TS if spider silk would be based on it, but judging from character sheet and lack of points in it thats not the case. Kinda i wonder what is base of it. Sleight-of-Hand or Traps?
I'd rather pick up Throwing skill for Cao'er techniques, poison, poison techniques, shoe-throwing technique, and more than 3 meters of range. Silk technique is 3 meters, hard to increase (need help from Wudu cult), and cripplingly dependent on wudu-treated silk (if we lose/damage this, the technique is screwed). Using silk is good, but I'm opposed to depending on this. Also, treave said:
For now you'd have to physically contact their weapons with your body to draw the qi, yes. Part of the full training curriculum Yang Xue would have offered taught you to use your weapon or spider silk to absorb energy. On your own that's going to take a lot more time to figure out.
At the moment, the only way we can leech qi is with unarmed combat.

Last edited:

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
B>A
II, IV
A

I voted for the spear technique last time. How can I pass it up knowing it's true name?

RealDDc

Learned
I'm still worried about Jings health.
Well, rat intestines are too small, and you don't have the herbs needed to make an effective sheath ointment down here.
Did he say that? Did she say that? Or is this a statement from GMs perspective?

No protection... That girl comes around a lot... Genital warts are no joke!

On the upside Yang Xue may refuse to eat Jing out of disgust if Jing leaves green slime trails.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

What could be more YOLOTIGER than knocking our bestie up not 50 meters away from a murderous lunatic?

Anabanana

Augur
Can we tell Qilin to hold on for a few minutes while we stitch together multiple rat intestines with silk.

Or, you know, non-penetrative sex is an option, right? There are plenty of ways we can increase our intimacy without having to actually insert tab into slot. Unless you explicitly want to try and get Qilin pregnant.

Baltika9

Arcane
:hmmm:
Dude, this is very likely her first time, she's too shy and took too long to work up the courage for it not to be. And even if it's not, Jing was a sex toy to the whole Palace staff and got laid by Mrs Cougar back in Chapter One. We're the last person to judge others by their sex life.
And, really, Qilin is a great girl, why the fuck not?

Esquilax

Arcane
What could be more YOLOTIGER than knocking our bestie up not 50 meters away from a murderous lunatic?

And the sick fuck is going to watch too!

“Youngsters nowadays. You will see. Oh. A year or a month or a week later you will either die to save her, or her to save you. I will sit and watch which will happen. Food… it tastes all the better if you wait for it.”

Hey, who knows, he might be moved by the love that we share to the point where he just decides to let us go because we're a reminder of better days. Of course, the downside is that we knock up Qilin and are on the hook for child support despite the fact that Jing is only 17.

:troll:

Maybe it's just me, but I'm pretty used to seeing silk/thread-like moves being used in legit combat situations. Xiaolongnu from Return of the Condor Heroes, Kazuki from Getbackers, Machi from HunterXHunter... it's pretty much similar to having a whip as a weapon. It'll probably be considered unorthodox simply because WUDU CULT but I still think it should be a legit combat technique.

Yeah, it's important to also keep in mind that the Fire Cult challenge duels aren't the same as the orthodox tournament duels that we had six months ago. If we kill somebody during the challenge, we're actually still well within the rules. I guess it's time to sharpen those Shouwang Claws and go to town and BJ's smug fucking face.* treave, will Jing be able to modify some of Zhang's techniques to be less lethal while retaining effectiveness with Unarmed 7? I know you said that mastery of a combat skill (8) was necessary to create techniques on the fly if the PC didn't have the required smarts, but could we at least theorycraft or play around with some ideas with that skill boost?

* if we can beat him

RealDDc

Learned
Yes... yes. I'm fightin a losing battle. Maybe we can find something in-between, say some petting and a handjob? No?

Esquilax

Arcane
Yes... yes. I'm fightin a losing battle. Maybe we can find something in-between, say some petting and a handjob? No?

treave, do we have the ingredients for lube around here? We really can't have a kid right now, and just like Fundamentalist Christian girls, anal means that Qilin can still remain a virgin like a good girl. It's win-win.

And for all of you sexually conservative prudes out there, don't worry, she's completely clean:

Even if the both of you were cave-dwellers now, hygiene should not be neglected: as an apprentice physician you are only too aware of the dangers of not keeping yourself clean.

We're good to go.

Tigranes

Arcane
I'm just going to assume that treave isn't comfortable with writing in detail how Jing can't keep it in and thus inadvertently impregnates Qilin.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Re: Shouwang Claws, think of it like devising a non-lethal sword technique and you have an idea of what it'd take.

Re: pregnancy and STDs, am I supposed to bust out charts from FATAL or something? You sick bastards.

Baltika9

Arcane
No. No, don't. What happens, happens. This is an extremely important moment in Jing's emotional development, learning to love another and let them in.

Jester

Arbiter
Maybe we can find something in-between
Romantic diner with candles torches (got thing we kept them for such occasion) sound appropriate. Hope there is still some rat for roasting. There will be problem with the wine though... blasted dungeon designer will pay for not adding wine cellar. Those living conditions are unacceptable. :obviously:

Jester

Arbiter
I'm just going to assume that treave isn't comfortable with writing in detail how Jing can't keep it in and thus inadvertently impregnates Qilin.
I really hope for blackout or FATE cock block. Line "I waited 4 weeks for rescue and you guys had to come this moment" would be appreciated to.

Kipeci

Arcane
4 Throwing is still a usable level. This is an "average" level of skill. With Cao'er's help (which she would be happy to give), we can make it much better.

We can also get Cao'er to help us with the finer points of herbalism or pressure points, a much better use of her tutoring time for moves relevant to our daily lives that also has a further off skill cap. I'd rather not pick up throwing skills when learning them will distract her from teaching us other stuff if she's to make us more competent at this.

Why would we need ranged combat? Because we don't always have the luxury of close combat.

Has there been a single situation in which we've needed it? We've never had much trouble getting into close combat, it's staying out of close combat when we don't want to that we have problems with.

Right now if Jing is up against any real ranged combatants, his only options are to take a beating until he closes the distance, gtfo, or hope he's just that amazing at eluding the shit.

Fortunately, he closes distances extremely fast, can turn stealthy and disappear very quickly, and has pretty good dodging skills. Though it doesn't really matter, since we haven't come against any ranged combatants except in certain situations where it would've been impossible to fight back against them even if Jing had thrown weapons skills.

I'm not saying we should develop throwing skill so that we try to throw stuff at opponents we're better off melee-ing. I'm suggesting we get throwing skill so that we can fight when we're not in position to melee.

When has a single one of these situations popped up? All I want to do is adapt our skillset to what we're immediately facing, and we're immediately facing orthodox pugilists, not far off targets that fill us with pins from afar.

Also, I'm not sure why you're worried about fighting Bai Jiutian now. We've still got the year.

I'm worried that everyone present seems to have no problem with hindering the development of our sword skill as a response to not being that great with a sword. We have a legendary sword and aren't fantastic with the sword, so the response is that we should utterly ignore the ability instead of raising it to the competence of our fist-fighting in favor of silk stuff and throwing things that we could develop any other time. If you guys think that we're behind him in sword skill now, where do you think we'll be when we don't bother improving it at all and the year keeps on moving? Jing can be good at it, we just need to devote some practice time. It's a shame to cut off development here just because he's not the best in the world at it right now, especially since he was the ideal sword character from the very start of the LP.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
...what is this, why is there so many chinky names thrown about.
jesus christ,
and people complained that my RTK11 LP was hard to follow due to the chinese names.

Jester

Arbiter
On the other hand, I'm afraid about this. Why? Because Yang Xue. Remember how he pretty much said we would be doing this, sooner or later? Remember what he said about food tastes best when waited? Good Christ. I am actually scared of the implication.
Today menu is baby meat. Hope you like French cuisine.
Thats some long term planing, on bright side mby we will father second Jue... or half Man - half Tiger - half Snake? Could be repeat of Yang Xue story to. Time will tell.

Re: pregnancy and STDs, am I supposed to bust out charts from FATAL or something? You sick bastards.
You didnt already?
:troll:

RealDDc

Learned
1A if III. had a realistic chance to win I could consider B but that likely wont happen. V. and II.

Anabanana

Augur

:hmmm:

Yeah, I'm flopping to B for the Qilin choice. Who knows if the mad man will find mid-coitus the perfect moment to tear us apart. What if it triggers his PTSD of watching Li Ming rape his lover in front of him? Remember how that particular love story ended? Yeah let's have none of that thank you very much

From the wording on the update, it seems that having sex right now isn't going to have much consequences in terms of our relationship, Qilin is explicitly offering it as a one-time deal and you have the choice whether or not you want to continue this thing with her, either exclusively or with other people, so it's not like we're being tied down here. The consequences re: oh, we must protect her by keeping her away from us! Is also kinda moot because we're kinda close buds now so she's going to be linked to us either way. If you're worried about silk, again our relationship with her is high enough I think that the choice either way here isn't going to affect things much.

What it's going to affect is probably a long-term relationship with her, since the option indicates that B's intention is to keep her at arm's length to protect her, since you know, it IS our fucking fault that she's in this predicament in the first place, so we can probably rule out becoming part of the Wudu Cult if we want to keep our distance. But I also think that the immediate consequences of having the mad man around and watching is definitely something we need to take into account. Qilin likes us, we know that already, we'll have our chance later when a crazy potentially-murderous guy isn't around. Safe sex FTW!

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom