Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Baltika9

Arcane
For real? Scratch that idea, then. We did say that he could have her and Khanbro thinks neither of them like each other. Dammit.

The tsundere was denied. They were so cute, too. :(

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Good. Goooood. Now forget all about that ill-fated fleeting romance and focus on the here and now. If it is meant to be, it will be. Jing needs help making decisions now, not about his future love-life. :rpgcodex:

Baltika9

Arcane
Yeah. Oh well, another celibate hero coming up. Get him two more STR points, a little tan, dye his hair and correct his eyes, and there we have it.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Right, fine, forget everything I said. It's not true. We still have a chance to marry her and become a great horseless Khan. Was just jerking you around, sorry about that. :(

Baltika9

Arcane
I was just fucking around, dude. :lol: I'm pretty sure the whole tribe will kick the ass of any dude that even hints about liking her. And that's before Khanbro gets involved.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
“...not cured yet. I’m not as good as my Master,” croaks Cao’er in response. “I need one more session with him tomorrow to remove the p… illness…” It looks like she’s a bit more tactful than her master in this regard.

Madam Rong seems oblivious, and Cao’er was tactful enough to refrain from mentioning the poison - she is leaving the decision to you.

Cao'er is a major aspie. She doesn't get social cues.

She's not that bad, give the poor girl some credit for once. She did really well interacting with Madam Rong. :(

Actually, now that I think about it, there is a chance (and not a bad chance) that he would back down if we simply refuse. He is obviously nervous about the fact of poisoning getting out. If he does attack us now, how could he possibly spin this so that he doesn't look guilty as hell? "Oh yes, I had to kill those two unarmed healer apprentice kids that were here to heal my father, but I totally had a good reason!". Yeah, that's not going to work. No, it would be much safer to have his thugs attack later, when he visibly isn't anywhere near us.

LWC1996

Learned
Edit:
A

We came here in hopes of obtaining a decent sword and a book of manual, and by George, I am leaving with what I came here for. Cao'er's safety is paramount. A brother's gotta think of the sister's safety.
Old Rong is cured - somewhat. Mission accomplished.
:rpgcodex:
We don't half-ass our shit here.

True. But I've weighed the odds, and it's not in my and Cao'er's favour. I'm not gonna endanger her here by playing hero. Master Yao has tasked me with her protection and to make sure she doesn't kill anyone - whether in self-defense or in battle. Discretion is the better part of valor for me.
"He who knows when he can fight and when he cannot will be victorious."

One on one I might just be able to take him on, but with Cao'er to think about and also, I'm in the Young Rong's home...what are the odds that he has no backup? Would you care to take a gamble on that?

Don't forget also Cao'er has RARE immortal eyes and I'm pretty sure Master Yao would probably rather take a hit to his rep than see her lost.

Baltika9

Arcane
We all should really make a habit of looking at the character sheet every update.
Qinggong
Yinglang Step. (影狼步 Shadow Wolf Step).
Level 2: You can move quietly at walking speed in normal surroundings and hold yourself still in shadows. (+2 Sneak)
Add to the single point of Sneak Jing got from training and we're definitely going to succeed in B. It's just the herbalism part, but then again, 7 INT and 2 Herbalism should be enough to follow simple instructions. The drawback with this is that we don't actually solve the problem., but I believe that we'll succeed. Unless we lose the ingredients on the way there. :lol:

Last edited:

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Only thing off with B is that Rong jr. can try again, and we'll have issues with rep loss and such.

LWC1996

Learned
Another point I would like to point out is, this is no mere basic ailment Old Rong is suffering from. He's been poisoned. He's not only going to need the herbalism, he's also gonna need the pressure point treatment in addition. Cao'er is very good at it because of her immortal eyes.

Soon after, Cao’er returns with Madam Rong. The potion is ready - it stinks, as it always does. Madam Rong gently cradles her husband’s head and raises it, while Cao’er pours the nasty concoction down his throat. Then, she stabs at his pressure points with her finger, swiftly and precisely, without hesitation. Within minutes, the colour returns to Master Rong’s face. His eyes slip closed and a gentle snore begins to emit from his lips.

Jing is only has a skill rank of 2 for pressure point. He's can't see the meridien points, and if by some bad luck he hits the wrong points, the old man is gonna die.

Still want to take the risk?

Only thing off with B is that Rong jr. can try again, and we'll have issues with rep loss and such.
Maybe, maybe not. I think once the old man is awake he would know who the poisoner is and would do something about it. Or would be willing to hear our side of the story even if he doesn't know what hit him.

Baltika9

Arcane
Yeah, that excludes B. I really want Jing to be around when he wakes up so that we can close this case the right way.
We need him to put in a good word for us on Mount Hue, the great BRBR masters may have some knowledge on our qi condition, or at least they can lead us to someone who does.
Which leaves C and E, I'll sleep on it.

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Tentatively voting E. We should be able to pull off a convincing fable about the poison already being cured and requiring of our intervention if the father is to die a "natural" death. We've been the Face for a while, Cao should understand by now when to follow our lead. The only problem is the son is going to have all of his cronies (Well only himself if he thinks we're harmless as a combatant) in the room watching over us whilst we administer the treatment; the son is reckless, impatient and ruthless, but he's not so entirely stupid as to trust us regardless of what we say. Combat will break out, unless Cao can somehow make it look like the father is dying, when in fact he is about to awaken, cured. (I don't know how good she is with her herbs). We'll be in a difficult situation if combat does break out, but we at least have the element of surprise on our side. (Kicking)

We'll instruct Cao to hide, and hold out for as long as we can against the son. Hopefully the mother will intervene. It sounds like the son only has a few members onside, so she could get the support of the rest.

C is fine enough as an option, I just prefer us to try and be tricky. I may flip to it if I'm convinced it won't just result in the heir of a swordmaster, several years our senior in year and training, swiftly kicking our ass and whisking us away from the school silently.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Too bad we don't know the Finger of Nausea technique. The father would seem sick while we were prodding him over with the curative stuff.

Too late for that now eh? Let's go kick some grass to death instead. :M

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I'd like to remind everyone that it'd be much appreciated if the actual votes were bolded in Commie Red. Makes it easier to count.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
If you're using Tapatalk, you won't be able to see or edit the colours, but you can still use the colour tags. Those using an actual mobile or desktop browser will see it.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It's an actual mobile I'm using. And it's old.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom