Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Azira said:
Just occured to me that staying might mean we have to defend possession of a certain blade again. Maybe that's how we'll be training the martial arts skill? :)
If they wanted to, they could have taken it from you when you arrived.

treave, will Cao'er be following us at this point? Where does she stand, ability-wise? She is good with thrown weapons, apparently... anything else?

I am inclined to follow the prince. I hope we won't have to make a choice between him and Qilin. B.

Last edited:

Elfberserker

Liturgist
Good to see that Cao'er is willing to negotiate for more wives in our harem:lol::lol:.

I am torn between B and C.

B is defninately the guest to take, if we want to aid our prince, but secret police will be there as well as Wudu cult, whom I expect to carry notch nastier poison than Gao did.

C seems to be safe choice and we appeareantly get skill level up or new technique and should trouble visit Emei, we are there to help.

Edit: I am not sure which one to vote, since all look rather juicy options

Last edited:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Yes, Cao'er will be stalking you from now on. She's picked up unarmed techniques from Emei and some qinggong to keep up.

TOME

Cuckmaster General
Even Yu seem to think we (when I say we I obviously mean you guys) make retarded choices. But luckily it went well this time. So, Lingshu will be number five?

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
I'll tentatively vote for C now, although they're all very tempting. I may flop to B. It's just that we're woefully underprepared for too many things, and I really want to regain some ground.

One thing that I will say in B's favour, is that we may get poisoned, which as we know, through insidious metagaming, will restore our qi.

treave, what's the state of our eye, are we fully blinded, or just perceiving poorly from it?

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I think it's more important that we get the neiggong unclogged than we practice martial arts skills. Both are important, but without neiggong, Jing will be very vulnerable to the fire neiggong the Fire Cult uses.
As to which choice lets us unclog the neiggong I'm not sure. I have a hunch that A would see us better prepared for the coming challenge. Inside info, whatnot.

Nevill

Arcane
So... uh... where is the lecture Yifang promised us? Or is she saving it up for later?

treave said:
Yifang reminds you that you owe her some time, but she says that she will not make good on that claim right now, though she does not give a reason why.
I have a feeling she had something different in mind from her usual preachings. It would be a shame not to know what it was.

I am assuming Song Lingshu never met Cao'er during her visit and is still unaware of her presence at Emei, or of the fact that Yifang is her sister? Did Yifang tell her that she knows us, or how she met us?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
It's not nice to lecture someone who is still recovering. If you stay you'll get it. Yifang didn't say anything because Lingshu usually does most of the talking when they're together.

Baltika9

Arcane
No, we have to go to the Fier Cult. We snubbed Yunzi for long enough, we must attend to our first wife. A.

Last edited:

Baltika9

Arcane
treave, why exactly can't we use our neiggong? Before, you said it was because we're way too injured and that it should come back with time (meta-wise we know we need to be poisoned), so what's happening with it? Just stuck?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Not enough time has passed yet. The golden fox leaves only helped with your physical recovery. It's like restoring HP but not MP. I thought this was mentioned.

Baltika9

Arcane
Cao'er is willing to negotiate. All are equal for the Harem King.
Anyway, I missed the part where Shunbro is leading the Wudu Extermination Campaign, which means that's where we need to go. I strongly suspect that someone is trying to get rid of him, sending him after a sect of the most dangerous poisoners and assassins. He will need his YOLOTIGER by his side, and there's no better way to recover than getting back in fighting shape. And hopefully, this being Wudu, we'll get hit by a poison dart somewhere down the line and restore our neiggong at a convenient moment. Flopping to B.

As for Yunzi...well, she'll be safe on the road though we're probably letting her slip by our fingers. treave, could we give her a kiss goodbye, in our charmingl tsundere fashion? Please?

TOME

Cuckmaster General
You know we would have to kiss Cao'er, Qilin and Yifang too in th name of fairness?

Baltika9

Arcane
I'll tentatively vote for C now, although they're all very tempting. I may flop to B. It's just that we're woefully underprepared for too many things, and I really want to regain some ground.
I think that life-or-death, do-or-die battles against the traitors in the army and Shun's assassins will be better for whipping us into shape than friendly sparring with the Emei nuns. they're very interested in our sword too, and we kinda need it. All of Zhang Jue's techniques rely on killer instinct and brutality, not something you want to practice with friends. So we've gotta practice on someone much more hostile...oh, how it sucks to be cannon fodder.
You know we would have to kiss Cao'er, Qilin and Yifang too in th name of fairness?
But the thing is, Yunzi takes precedence: Quilin and Cao'er are coming with us, so lots of hugs and kisses, and Yifang is way too innocent for something like that right now.

Elfberserker

Liturgist
C>B for now, but I feel that B wins due to shun being in danger. Shun is pretty smart guy, so I am sure he has taken precautions against Wudu cult since he is leading troops. Luckily for us Secret police is bound to protect shu, unless one of them has different master than shu. We could be potentially get in contact with wudu cult boss due to Qilin, but I can't think anyway that we could negotiate secret deal between wudu cult and Shun. This is pretty delicate situation and I don't think that our YOLOTIGER has subtlety to resolve situation, since I don't fancy fighting either Wudu cult or secret police.

Nevill

Arcane
The Brazilian Slaughter said:
I hope she can at least be a ally in the future!
We are bound to trash Bai Jiutian sooner or later, we are out to get her uncle Mao, and we are harboring a killer of her father (well, not we per se, but we are a part of it, and we travel with his granddaughter). We'll also be witnessing that her father was a lying treacherous scumbag, and running the reputation of her school into the ground.

Sadly, I don't think it will work out very well.

Last edited:

asxetos

Augur
I told you guys back then we had to rush to Emei to see the Yunzi vs Cao'er shodown. Too bad treave didnt elaborate.

Voting B on this one. We are ready once again to get into the thick of things.
Hopefully we can meet Shun and learn what is going on.

Rex Feral

Prophet
Let's prioritise them by risk.

A. We go with Yunzi at the Fire Cult. The risk here is moderate since we don't really know who or what we go up against. We can presume there will be capable pugilists and maybe a secret agent or two around trying to disupt activities. I can presume our main friend/companion/party member will be Yunzi while our main nemesis will likely be the guy she's engaged to (I trust the will make it happen even if he likes us at first).

B. We go with Qilin at the Wudu clan. The risk here is very high since we are going to a place that is specifically targeted for destruction by an army of 10 000 marching towards it. More so since Shun will be there I trust Gao Ying will be there to and the secret police as well. More so it's the Wudu clan, a clan where poisoners run at their finest. We might be up against experienced fighters, dangerous poisoners, imperial agents and more. We will delve again into the ugly world of politics and conspiracies, and those aren't exactly our strong points, as seen previously in Youxia City. However, this choice is bound to be pretty interesting since we will probably meet Shun again. The chance of fucking this up is high and the consequences to it are huge.

C. We stay at Emei in order to train for the tournament to finally fucking do Zhang's challenge. More so we tentatively investigate on a lead that directly concerns the main plot. The risk for this, I consider, is rather low, at least compared to the other two. We will probably train, mostly, get back on our feet, and eventually have some harmless sparring. I don't even know who we might go up against in this choice, as this seems the safe choice.

I'm pretty torn between B and C. I'd go for B since it seems a more interesting option, but the high risk of the choice, and the recent events conviced me we are not indestructible.

I'll think about it. Until then B.

Jester

Arbiter
Well to be fair more or less all the cults in Epic either worshiped us or creepy alien abominations so is it such a bad thing that Codex is hesitant around them?
In my opinion yes, come on cult with really gives you super powach sounds good, shame there is no such thing in RL. And did you just said that you had problem with that "worshiped us" part?
Antagonists and troubles make for interesting stories so establishing a doom cult or two is good, after all as one great man said:
"You can't make an omelette without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others." --Tarquin

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom