Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

If these guys are after the prince then we will have to face them sooner or later. So let's do it now while we have the element of surprise. The prince would have wanted us to do this anyway, and if we are to be of service to him in the future we need to start showing some initiative. We need to find out who our opponents are, though I doubt we will find out much from this one even if we take her down. At best we will probably just drive her away.

Voting A

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Everyone is secretly thinking, "Obviously we won't die during the prologue."

My hope is that after the inevitable incoming disaster that casts us from the high halls of power, we get the option to go on a quest across the land to find a way to subvert our fate, beginning our legendary struggle against destiny...

to become a trabbit tranny

Fixed.

Heh, that too. Plus, I don't think you want to go through character creation again for a new PC just yet, do you?

Anyway, this choice could still end in failure without getting us killed - we get knocked out and the princess is kidnapped anyway. But at least we would be seen doing something and not just running away.

Baltika9

Arcane
Not dying, no, but I'm expecring us to get heavily injured. Making us unfit to travel for some time, we need a very skilled priestess of the Tengrii persuasion to recover, you see, perhaps even the Head Priestess?

Meanwhile, the Duke uses our absence to set up an inhospitable return. We've done pissed the Court off, but I'm inclined to agree with our teacher: fuck them, we're a Wolf-Tiger.

Edit: Alternatively, we get kidnapped instead of/with Yunzi. Learning from a cult of mega assassins, I can live with that.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I have a ready answer for that.

You are too unlucky to die. Fate still wants to kick your teeth in a few more times first (translation: I'll screw you guys over in other ways) :rpgcodex:

Though, yes. To be honest I just don't want to spend another dozen pages watching people flip-flop over zodiac signs.

to become a trabbit tranny
Why not both?

Good question. Now we must proceed to find the Gelded Rabbit Divine Skill that teaches us to pluck our balls out with our fingers and consume them in order to gain a ludicrous level of inner strength.

Last edited:

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Many good arguments for A. I can only imagine our standing with the Imperial Court will take an even greater hit, however.

Ah, to hell with the Duke and his ilk. A. Also, as long as Shun approves, fuck the Court.

I hope our character learns to be a bit less impulsive and a lot more diplomatic as he grows up. That scene in the tent did not go well at all, only further antagonizing the Duke. We need to learn to control ourselves.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Plenty of time to learn restraint and celibacy when you're packed off to a monastery. :lol:

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
We'll just end up as the Impulsive Shaolin Tiger-wolf-monk of outrageous ass-kicking. Ain't no reining this tigerbro in.

Kipeci

Arcane
Wow, our diplomacy is awful.

It'll screw us over with the Court, but the superior force of justice in Wuxia should be our fists anyway, so I'll vote for A.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Nah, your diplomacy is fine. Mostly fine. Most of the time. You are just too used to horsing around with the Prince that sometimes you forget your manners, especially when you're not in the best of moods. That is fine with him, he likes you this way instead of being some obsequious manservant. Furthermore, you are far from the palace where the environment is different and you would constantly reminded to be on your toes.

The only person in there thinking that your outburst was unseemly was the Duke of Xiliang, and you've already given him enough cause to dislike you anyway (losing his horses).

And the princess just gets on your nerves. There's no helping that. Some people just don't get along.

Last edited:

Kashmir Slippers

Magister
It may come back to haunt us, but A.

I'm sure that Prince-bro will understand us trying to save the pretty princess before running to find him.

Who cares about if the court likes us? When our prince is king (or emperor or whatever) we will be pretty nice as far as influence goes.

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
I have to ask treave. Did you expect us to vote any other way but A in this choice? It's the only way the Codex could have gone, especially since she was played like our wifeu from the very start. Not that being a wifeu would really matter, we did in the past save that dick Theseus after all.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
It's just too tempting. The ninja chick will probably maim us horribly though. I fully expect that. But it's just too tempting, cannot vote B even if I wanted.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
You only think she's being waifuized because you guys insisted on taking the waifu choices. Could have just backed away from the challenge. You don't have good luck with women. :lol:

I don't see what waifu has to do with anything, though. I think we've established Jing's loyalty is to the Prince, first and foremost. B is also an acceptable answer in that sense.

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
I'd be upset if we lost an eye or something so early in the saga. An ass-beating is fine by me though. It's the damn luck we have that makes me concerned we're going to get seriously maimed every battle we fight.

This woman seems nasty though, it feels like she's going to be rather vindictive and would take anyone getting the jump on her as a personal slight. She may do something very cruel to us if/when we're defeated.

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Beginning our adventures as a tranny in search of the miracle of girl so we can marry the prince?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Or do you want to romance psycho woman in black instead? :lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom