Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
treave, what about the rumors concerning Huluzi? We did not deem them unimportant, right?

Baltika9

Arcane
Definitely goi g for A, this is a great chance to earn some cash, see what Scholarbro can do in combat, get totally hammered with him later (tea? Yeah right), learn from the house of pugilists and the random talent they employ. Not to mention the potential for Pirate Princesses.

The great slaughter will please Khorne Zhang.
:troll:

Last edited:

Baltika9

Arcane
Indeed, why do we want Romeo and Juliet in Wuxialand? Let's go kick names and take ass with our new bro.
That, or go off in search of Shadow Wolf. But I prefer A.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Why would there be rumours of Huluzi? If you're talking about the Shadow Wolf thief, they don't seem to be in the area anymore. No news of them.

m4davis

Scholar
A for now just cause we need money and with our strength I think we can carry alot of loot

Well, it would probably be wise to concentrate on our task at hand now that we have a lead or two. Probably. But screw that, we have pirates to fight and loot to plunder. I just can't say no to such an opportunity, especially since I was thinking that going bandit hunting after we left the Maniac's island would be a good opportunity to earn some fame and fortune. Sure, these assholes are not the ones that robed us and threw us of a cliff, but they'll get their turn as well.

A > C

Baltika9

Arcane
We'll be getting our share of pirate booty, alright. Pirate princesses, prepare to party with Jing and Yu! Truly, this will be a victory bash of legends!

a cut of domestic sheep prime

C - We still have Zhang's quest to deal with, right? Better hurry up with our investigation.

edit: Not sure if we should reveal ourselves to them. They wanted to incite a mob against Zhang, remember?

Baltika9

Arcane
Oh please, we already declared Zhang's apprentice to the world, we have a rep. And I'm pretty sure that wiping out a den of pirates will do wonders for our fame/infamy (of course I'm going for a blood and skull sacrifice to our patron.)

Nevill

Arcane
treave said:
If you're talking about the Shadow Wolf thief, they don't seem to be in the area anymore. No news of them.
Yes, him. So he is a thief (that's new)? He has to be pretty famous for the rumors to spread so far away. What did he do?

Oh please, we already declared Zhang's apprentice to the world, we have a rep. And I'm pretty sure that wiping out a den of pirates will do wonders for our fame/infamy (of course I'm going for a blood and skull sacrifice to our patron.)
I'm pretty sure he's talking about not revealing our identity to that mercenary group in C choice, because they could have quite likely been the ones that tried to frame us in the first place.

Esquilax

Arcane
Not sure if we should reveal ourselves to them. They wanted to incite a mob against Zhang, remember?

Well, I'm sure that we'll have a few alternatives on how we want to approach the Black Dragon Society once we get there. I'd also like to remind everyone that we still have the seizure-inducing poison that Qilin gave us, so we've got a few options there.

There are different levels of fame here. I am pretty sure that nearly everyone in the pugilistic knows who Master Zhang is and what he looks like, but we would have to prove that we're the real deal if we show up at the Black Dragon Society HQ with our real identity.

I'm pretty sure he's talking about not revealing our identity to that mercenary group in C choice, because they could have quite likely been the ones that tried to frame us in the first place.

I'm pretty sure that it wasn't the Black Dragon Society that framed us. If you'll recall, we were able to discern that the masked Zhang impostor was a woman - plus she used a technique similar to the Yuhua Duqing Palm - so I'm leaning heavily towards the Wunan Sect that Chanfeng is likely part of being the culprits here. That's not to say that there couldn't be a Wunan sect member inside the Black Dragon Society HQ that would suddenly be aware of our presence should we choose to reveal ourselves.

The assassin organization strikes me more of a "for sale to the highest bidder" group rather than one that would bother actively trying to fuck over the orthodox sects. I could be wrong on that part, but nevertheless, I don't think that they framed us.

Baltika9

Arcane
I'm pretty sure it was the Zoros, the stand to gain more from eliminating a threat to the pugilustic world and securing a position as one of the Greats by defeating the old one.
The WiBs are assassins for hire, and a pretty unsavory lot at that. They were mist likely catspaws.

Baltika9

Arcane
Poisons are not the way I want Jing to go. And I'm pretty sure proving our merits to them will be easier with a solid background of badassery, instead of just beating up their memvers and crunching their skulls.
Although engaging in Zhang Diplomacy does sound nice, I'll give you that.

Baltika9

Arcane
Nice. Temple? What temple, do the tales tell whom it belonged to and, more importantly, how does one steal a structure?

The assassin organization strikes me more of a "for sale to the highest bidder" group rather than one that would bother actively trying to fuck over the orthodox sects. I could be wrong on that part, but nevertheless, I don't think that they framed us.
Unless somebody paid them to.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Taoist temple, Qingcheng affiliated, and only the Shadow Wolf knows how the temple went missing.

Baltika9

Arcane
Niiice.Definitely gotta meet that guy/girl. My guess, the ships had something to do with it. Might meet him somewhere on the high seas, A is even more worthwhile now.

asxetos

Augur
A > B. Its sidequest time. I believe that we need to get some money before we leave, or else treave will find a way to punish us.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Oi guys? Don't believe everything you're told. Scholar-bro drinking himself into stupor, then getting stuck with a bill for sleeping with every prostitute, twice? Sounds like a setup to keep him around. He can't remember if he actually did this, so odds are he didn't.

A thief stole a temple? Might be a hoax. Did the temple ever exist?

This is an LP where mystical powers exist, that's a given. So the things we hear might be true. But they might not. Keep your pants on until you actually see this shit for yourself.

That said, pirates are awesome and I stick with my vote.

Nevill

Arcane
I am afraid that the feat attributed to our scholar is impossible to pull off while drunk, even in Wuxia. But I can't imagine a respectable establishment being in on it, so I don't know what to believe anymore.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom