Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Zhang is Lady Ji's great-grandfather, so yes, he's a demon.

Baltika9

Arcane
Zhang is a Toad Demon? That's hilarious, since toads represent healing, prosperity and positive energy.

Esquilax

Arcane
Zhang is a Toad Demon? That's hilarious, since toads represent healing, prosperity and positive energy.

How can you say that? Zhang represents all of those things. He healed* our congested qi, which not even the Killing Physician was able to, his lessons have brought us prosperity by winning the tournament and making a ton of money off it, and he's brimming with positive energy and optimism; obstacles mean nothing to the man, he believed that he could turn us into a peerless warrior even with only one arm.

* Healed, smashed our meridians, same difference.

Baltika9

Arcane
...and he would have done it too. But you are right, it all depends on perspective. I suppose he'll be our Smiling Jack to the demon world.
Edit: treave, if Zhang was Lady Ji's great-grandfather, then who's the mother?

Last edited:

Baltika9

Arcane
treave doesn't drink, though. Although, how a sober mind comes up with that shit I'll never know.
Great-grandfather. The mother was a bucket.
Ah, now I see where her charm comes from.

Last edited:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Current list of suggested options:

I. What do you know about the Fire Cult and their whereabouts?

II. What is going on on the northern border and how is the prince involved?

III. What are the legends of achieving immortality that haven't been disproven?

IV. What is the significance and power of the sign/star I was born under?

V. What were the causes and aftermaths of the warring period between forty and thirty years ago?

VI. I was struck by someone with a palm strike that felt like the Yuhua Duqing Palm, but with a crueller, more persistent qi;any idea what it could be?

VII. What would Yuhua Hall or someone related to them gain from inciting mob against Zhang Jue and his disciple?

VIII. Are Master Zhang and Lady Ji lovers?

IX. How do we achieve a perfect harem ending?

X. What can change the nature of a man?

XI. Could you tell me kind sir what book could aid me in increasing my understanding of scholarly and artistic knowledge?

XII. Who would benefit from the Emperor's downfall?

XIII. What can the Emperor realistically do to control the bandits?

treave, since Jing was presumably, educated along with the prince, shouldn't he already know all about, "What were the causes and aftermaths of the warring period between forty and thirty years ago?" Seems to me like it'd be a wasted question if so.

Unfortunately, he wasn't paying too much attention to his studies at the time. He remembers some facts, but didn't memorize a full account.

The Tujue invasion was just that, a Tujue invasion. A Khagan got the tribes together and attempted the usual stuff the nomads try every few decades, if they aren't kept under control.

The Emperor wasn't keen about people talking about the coup, so that wasn't a big part of the curriculum. Didn't want his sons getting any ideas. Jing'll know roughly what happened - old Emperor died, current Emperor made a bid for power over the heads of his brothers, etc, but not much beyond that.

Whether there is anything important to find out in these events, well, I can't say.

Last edited:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Whoops, got myself confused. Sorry. Yeah, as far as the character knows he's an only child.

Somehow I don't think we are going to reach a consensus on what ask any time soon. Anyway, here's my opinion on what has been proposed for now:

I. What do you know about the Fire Cult and their whereabouts?
I think the only thing we could reasonably expect from this crowd would be the basics of their philosophy / religion. We are not going to get information on their current location or plans or anything like that. The cult just announced their challenge - even the beggars don't yet have much more than we already know.

II. What is going on on the northern border and how is the prince involved?
Possibly yet another invasion? There is no reason to believe the prince is involved in anything with that at all.

III. What are the legends of achieving immortality that haven't been disproven?
I really doubt even the scholars here would have knowledge about something like that. And just because something hasn't been disproved doesn't mean it's the real thing anyway. Maybe we should ask Lady Ji that question.

IV. What is the significance and power of the sign/star I was born under?
Now that is an interesting question. I was always curios about why the emperor would chose us for the prince's right hand. The only thing that comes to my mind is that we were to serve as a lightning rod for all the misfortune that might affect the prince.

V. What were the causes and aftermaths of the warring period between forty and thirty years ago?
History lesson? Well, it could be interesting, but I would prefer something more recent. And we can ask some of the players we know were active in that period for that as well.

VI. I was struck by someone with a palm strike that felt like the Yuhua Duqing Palm, but with a crueller, more persistent qi;any idea what it could be?
We were possibly struck with some kind of a variation of Yuhua Duqing Palm, maybe from a student of that original WiB. I don't think we are going to learn much more than that here. Hell, the sect grandmasters couldn't tell us anything new about that. We should be going to Yuhua Hall instead to ask about a former courtesan with a scar on her face - that might get us somewhere.

VII. What would Yuhua Hall or someone related to them gain from inciting mob against Zhang Jue and his disciple?
We already suspect that the original WiB was a rogue and we suspect the motives behind their recent actions as well - to eliminate Zhang Jue. How is that connected to their overall plans is anyone’s guess, but I doubt anyone here can help us with that.

VIII. Are Master Zhang and Lady Ji lovers?

IX. How do we achieve a perfect harem ending?

X. What can change the nature of a man?
No comment.

XI. Could you tell me kind sir what book could aid me in increasing my understanding of scholarly and artistic knowledge?
Interesting. It certainly sounds like these two skills could be useful, especially if we need some skills to understand more advanced manuals. And our warrior-poet is a bit rusty in the poetry department.

I'll have to think it over, but from what is presented here I would prefer the question about the sign we were born under and an improvement to our long neglected scholarship.

TOME

Cuckmaster General

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Zero Credibility said:
History lesson? Well, it could be interesting, but I would prefer something more recent. And we can ask some of the players we know were active in that period for that as well.
Keep in mind that we do not know the players. Even the Masters were no more than mere pawns in this game. Answering the question could help us establish what factions out there may be our allies or our enemies if we seek to prevent another revolt from taking place. It would also give us insight into Tujue history, which might prove useful in resolving the incident on the border.

History tends to repeat itself.

Last edited:

Kashmir Slippers

Magister
V
X

Nevermind. I propose another question.

What can the Emperor realistically do better to control the bandits?

It doesn't contain an "and" and might help explain why things are going down right now. It might give us an opinion on how we can help Prince-bro if we can ever get into contact with him. What better way (to attempt) to solve two problems (sect independence and Fire cult/bandit) than to help strengthen the Empire.

Last edited:

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
III>XI
IV

Let's chase the pink elephant and powergame our stats to the level of an immortal.

Last edited:

Esquilax

Arcane
Keep in mind that we do not know the players. Even the Masters were no more than mere pawns in this game. Answering the question could help us establish what factions out there may be our allies or our enemies if we seek to prevent another revolt from taking place. It would also give us insight into Tujue history, which might prove useful in resolving the incident on the border.

Yeah, asking about who would stand to gain from the fall of the Dynasty means nothing if we don't even understand the context in which the Dynasty operates in. We grew up as the Crown Prince's Adjutant, so that ensured that we got a really biased look at events related to how he came to power, if we even learned about those events at all. It's also important to realize the sort of knowledge that the scholars at Luoying Manor might specialize in; history, art, culture, and a lot of obscure knowledge related to myths and the occult. They aren't going to know who within the Emperor's court would want to bring ruin to the dynasty, but they will have a lot of in-depth knowledge on how the situation today was affected by it.

The suggestion to ask about how to get our harem and get some seduction tips is actually a pretty good one: this place is a den of artists, musicians, and poets, so there's definitely a few people here that know a thing or two about how to seduce a woman.

Zero Credibility said:

History tends to repeat itself.
Well it's not a bad question by any means. The problem is we only get two questions and I definitely want XI for potential scholarship increase to be one. The player whose story of history I'm most interested in hearing is our friendly beggar prince commanding one of the best intel-gathering organisations in the country. I don't see anything we could learn from scholars here could be better than that. So I think my other choice will be something we can't get from our other contacts, and I think info about our personal background might be that.

IV, XI for me. I might flop or set up some conditional votes when I see how the votes are going. I don't really see much point in some of those questions.

Yeah, I've put in the wrong vote at the end. Honestly. :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom