Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Sorry, wuxia afterlife doesn't work that way.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Sorry, wuxia afterlife doesn't work that way.
Alright.

C. Agree to become Nuwa's consort, but only on the condition that Wuxing will also be granted immortality and will have to watch us having sex for all eternity.

Last edited:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
He's already dead and gone into the wheel of reincarnation.

He's now a cockroach.

If you still want that, uh, sure, you can make that proposal.

Baltika9

Arcane
Can we make him an immortal cockroach? With the face of a man, so we can see the expression on his face. Make him mute, though.

Last edited:

Elfberserker

Liturgist
How odd.
All this anger toward that misguided gentleman of hueshan, who only wanted to guide empire toward rightenious and all he gets for his effort is being incarnated as cockroach
:negative:

Next you tell me that Zhang manxing incanates as our child from Yunzi or Qilin.

It seems that we must abonden our harem in spirit or leaving as mortal to save the empire. such harsh choice.
Harem or monogamy with Nuwa and prosperious empire.
:negative:

Baltika9

Arcane
So, treave, if we pick D, will Nuwa go into meltdown and just take us on the spot, or...
She sounds pretty desperate to me.

Nevill

Arcane
:hmmm:
Can we grant immortality to Cao'er?

It might take a few thousands years, but I think it is a viable alternative. Nuwa won't know what hit her.

Of course, then we would be completely beyond salvation. But at least she is pro-sharing. That must count for something, right?

Elfberserker

Liturgist
So, treave, if we pick D, will Nuwa go into meltdown and just take us on the spot, or...

Well, we did tease her, when we defeated ahura and went to heavens for shortwhile to attain enlightment.
I can't imagine how frustraded Nuwa must have been then.

Baltika9

Arcane

Well, we did tease her, when we defeated ahura and went to heavens for shortwhile to attain enlightment.
I can't imagine how frustraded Nuwa must have been then.
Nothing good ever comes from keeping a woman waiting like this. I'd rather go for B to, uh, guide the universe to good and, ah, watch over our progeny, the Cult (we become the god they wanted us to be!) and all that other good stuff. Yeah. Instead of getting bogged down in infinite variations of C*. But if someone comes up with a viable, popular C option, then I'm in.

*Is this going to be a repeat of Maniac Training Part II? It is, isn't it.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Here's a draft of Shun's death and the choices that would have been in A, which now goes unused.

-insert final fight scene-

You pull the Yuchang Sword away from Shun’s body. The shining blade is coated in his blood. The Tang Emperor collapses, his eyes blinking. Strangely, there is a smile on his lips. It is as if a mask has fallen away from his face.

“I… suppose that is it,” he coughs, blood spattering all over the floor. “It’s… it’s finally over.” Looking up at you, he grins. “What is that stupid, sullen face for?”

“How did it come to this?”

“Fate. Destiny. Heaven’s will. Words… that I never believed in… but found to be true. Of course… we did not let them have it all their own way. You were supposed to die here.”

Now you’re going to claim you let me win?” you chuckle quietly, sitting down besides the dying Emperor.

“Of course not. You won. Fair… and square,” he wheezes. “You won… and you set me free…”

“How far do the machinations of Heaven go?” you ask coldly, looking up at the sky. If it was not for the gods…

“Jing… take this one piece of advice from me if nothing else. Walk away from it all. Don’t… don’t get involved. Nothing good will come of challenging Heaven,” warns Shun. “You… have people that you care for. People you need… and need to protect. So this… this is my last request to you. As your Emperor… your prince… your friend… and your brother. No matter what happens to the country, what happens to the land… no matter what turmoil is to come, hide away and focus only on keeping yourself and your loved ones safe. Got it?”

“Shun, that is easier said than done.”

“I know! I know… but trust me, you will not regret it. I couldn’t… I… I failed my people. I failed you.”

A wave of uncontrollable emotion surges from deep inside you, flushing your cheeks with heat. “You had a lifetime ahead of you to do what you had to, what you wanted to! Heaven wasn’t fair to you!” you snarl, your vision blurring and becoming watery. You know he could have turned things around if given the chance.

Shun speaks quietly, the light already fading rapidly from his own eyes. “No… I should have been… but it doesn’t matter anymore. Jing. Man does not live forever. Eighty years is a lifetime… so is eighteen years. To be as a brother to you… even eight seconds would have been a good lifetime, more than any man could ask for. I am… sorry.”

His apology is the last words that he speaks, and the last Emperor of the Tang falls silent for all eternity, surrounded by the burning remains of his throne hall.

A.The empire will be in turmoil from this day onwards. You will focus your efforts on ensuring that matters do not get worse; with Shun’s death, you will likely become a hated enemy, but that is a burden you will accept. Even though there will be risks to you and your family, you will forge ahead to ensure the country continues to progress as Shun would have wanted.

B. You know the true enemy here. Heaven is your foe. Without their manipulations, this day would not have come about. You will devote your efforts into finding a way to make them answer for their sins against humanity. Their machinations, vague intentions and callous disregard for man is something you can never forgive. Underestimating mortals will be their downfall.

C. You will follow Shun’s dying wish, and retreat into seclusion. He is right – your priority is to keep your loved ones away from harm. Perhaps in the future, when the chaos has subsided, you may feel it is safe to reemerge, but for now, if you absolutely have to act to guide the world’s path, you will do so in secrecy and only when you feel secure.

Rex Feral

Prophet
So...any chance to cause the fall of Heaven? I was hoping for a viable option to defy them and get away with it.

Rex Feral

Prophet
What I was hoping was that treave would actually give us a chance to oppose heaven with real means.

The only options I see are "Bow down" or "Kill your friend and bow down". Is there nothing we can do to defy them without becoming a rabbit or something?

If not I propose for a rollback :troll:

Nevill

Arcane
Unless our conversation with Nuwah ends up being "want to play?" followed by 3000 years of torture, they are different.
So, uh, Lambchop19. Do you want to play or not? :lol:

The only options I see are "Bow down" or "Kill your friend and bow down". Is there nothing we can do to defy them without becoming a rabbit or something?
I thought 'defy' and 'appeal for help' to be a bit different in meaning. :M

We asked for their aid, and in their infinite lenity, they answered. The bed is made, and lie in it we shall. :salute:

a cut of domestic sheep prime

B for now. As much as I'd hate to give up the harem, becoming a deity with snake lady sex sounds better. After all, how long are the girls going to keep their looks anyway?

And in this way, perhaps in 1000 years we might have sufficient power to...repay Nuwa for her kindness and change the order of heaven.

I will try and think up something for c, but bros don't go all sholin temple again and give us a bad end while I'm gone, k?

Btw, sure am glad we picked C. A would have been an epic end, but reading the draft it feels like a loss.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
What I was hoping was that treave would actually give us a chance to oppose heaven with real means.

Well, on one side, we have Xu Jing. An excellent martial artist, a real contender for the best right now. Possibly containing a tiny fragment of power from a former deity that eventually got his ass kicked by his peers, which has not been awakened in any real way.

On the other side, we have a goddess that has just casually cast Time Stop.

I'm not entirely sure what Jing has in his arsenal at the moment that is going to give him a chance in opposing her, an entire pantheon of gods like her, millions of celestial soldiers that are Yang Xue-lite in physical prowess, and more importantly, getting away with it. :M

Elfberserker

Liturgist
I flop to C: Brazilian slaughter edition.

Crazy idea time: How about pulling a Disappearance of the Golden Emperor MkII, This Time With Actual Gods?
- Shun puts a few things in order before the go.
- Then Shun disappears. Tang collapses gently as possible and with minimal deaths. Heavan brofists this.
- We pledge to go with Nuwa... eventually (say, in 40 years, what is time to the Gods? I'm thinking we do it after Huashan summit so Jing can finally punch Bai Jiutian to the face. We can heave a few.. dalliances during the waiting time).
- Shun anscends to the HEAVANZ like his father... but actually we go to Maniac Island, make him irrecognizable (Wudu Aculpulture time?), and go on a life of adventure together. Just us, the harem and our bros. Maybe we can invite Xiuahou Yu and Liu Chanfeng. Shun can live a normal life and maybe even find real love!
- Nuwa gets Jing in the end.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Unless our conversation with Nuwah ends up being "want to play?" followed by 3000 years of torture, they are different.
So, uh, Lambchop19. Do you want to play or not? :lol:
Yes. Yes, I do. Though there was a bit more too it than that after all, wasn't there. ;)

Edit: 40 years is a bit too long and also, NONONONONooooooooooope! DO NOT even think about suggesting another ascension after the first one pissed them off so much.

Rex Feral

Prophet
Also what happened to my favorite character, Gao Ying? I was hoping for some more cool moments with him. One of the most underdeveloped characters in my opinion.

And you know who else disappeared along with Gao Ying? Esquilax.
Fuck some arguments from him would come in handy now.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom