Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Either way we will cause a civil war, the only difference is that the Tang have more chance to survive in B, while A is pure ITZ because Shun has no worthy successor so far, some "regent" or popular general will take over after a long civil war.
The survival of the Tang will probably mean the death of our harem.
The Wudu Cult will act, the Fire Temple will mobilize, and the Tujue tribes will ride.
Also, if anyone wants to protect the country by voting C, that's just :lol:. The very choice starts with acknowledging that it is beyond saving.

I think that one's death will break the other. Jing's death will turn Shun into a totally ruthless emperor, worse than Li Meng was, or into a broken, regretful wreck. Shun's death will turn Jing into a empty shell of himself - This is probably what causes the God of War ending.
I don't think either will lose too much sleep over it. They both happen to have other people to care and answer for.

Not to mention, I think that A and B are what heaven expect. Suddently failing in prayer will take them by surprise because in such situation this is the most insane thing that could be done. They are bored, let's give them something unexpected - Audience participation!
A cunning plan to fall on your knees and beg for mercy. They'll never see it coming!

Eh, I'll flop back to A. :rpgcodex:

Do you really think a deal with nuwa will be worth the tradeoff?
What deal? Deals are for equals. :D

Absinthe

Arcane
Are we? I figured he was just going to demand answers and try to get her to cut the bullshit.

Neither Jing nor Shun are known for kowtowing in their interactions with the supernatural.
You know, I want to do that too, but that's why I'm voting A. Because we need a position of strength first if we're going to demand her to answer for what she's done.

Akkudakku

Arbiter
Ok here is how I see our options.
A branches into god of war or war against heavens (depending upon next choice)
B saves Shuns soul but otherwise fucks everything else
C branches into either becoming heavens bitch and admitting we are a failure (Chi You) or we try to fight and get killed - worst ending.

So yeah A or bust.

Absinthe

Arcane
That's pretty much how I see it too. Also, becoming heaven's bitch includes abandoning our harem, so that's gonna be... interesting.

Hey treave, any chance we could have another day for this vote? It's a rather important vote.

Last edited:

Akkudakku

Arbiter
Too bad we didnt go with ultimate Taiji :( enlightment would have helped.

Another thing is that we chose what happens with us for this whole journey for ourselves and now you want to give all that up and let heavens have their way with us. In c we have no fighting chance :(

Nevill

Arcane
Another thing is that we chose what happens with us for this whole journey for ourselves and now you want to give all that up and let heavens have their way with us.
The way I see in, for the whole journey we chose who would get to have their way with us.

So nothing would be out of place if we decide it's Heavens' turn now. :M

Absinthe

Arcane
Akkudakku, eh, the Xujing Sword Stance seems like a kind of ultimate taiji. Countering form with formlessness and all that. Treave, is that right? What exactly does it do?

Nevill, we don't usually ditch the girls though.

Akkudakku

Arbiter
Akkudakku, eh, the Xujing Sword Stance seems like a kind of ultimate taiji. Countering form with formlessness and all that. Treave, is that right? What exactly does it do?

Well maybe, but it's just against Qi moves, while 'normal' Taiji allows reflection of anything. Would be sweet if we could get that too - more arsenal against Heavens is always good +M

Absinthe

Arcane
Ah, right. By the way, Lambchop19, would you be up for switching to A? If you want to conquer Nuwa, you gotta do it properly. We still get another vote after A, so it's not going to lead to the God of War ending unless we somehow decide on that.

The possibility is there for this to become a turning point in your life and devote yourself to learning the arts of immortality: simply put, if you don't have actual magic of your own, expect to be polymorphed into a pig for shits and giggles should you try anything stupid.

This update is actually the penultimate choice, not the last one.

Unless you pick B, of course.

I'd rather not turn into a pig with C.

Nevill

Arcane
Being a pig is cool. If you work for the palace, you get to fuck an odd adjutant with more balls than you now and then.

That's the life!

Absinthe said:
You mean we can't pass up a skirt? Yet more reasons to aim for new horizons.

Elfberserker

Liturgist
Being pig isn't bad.
you got nice balance between physical and mental stats, plus heavens like pigs.

Pig – (Strength +1, Endurance +1, Intelligence +1, Luck +2, Agility -2)

The downside is that we our finger play takes pretty big hit and I am pretty sure that our harem disapproves that kind of downgrade.
:M

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Ah, right. By the way, Lambchop19, would you be up for switching to A?
A is a fine choice, don't get me wrong, but C is the only choice that deviates significantly from the script heaven seems to have laid out. Besides, we still haven't a proper description for our new sword skill. It may just be enough to keep us from being poly morphed into an actually man tiger pig. I'd rather take the chance than off Shun.

Heaven seems to be saying, ok, so you don't want to kill your friend? Fine. But we will kill him and his dynasty eventually. Here's a "way out", hero demon. Which btw, isn't it odd that noble self sacrifice is the only way to free shun. Seems a bit to tailored to the demon. If lady Ji really cared so much, why didn't she tell Jing he had a demon before?

It's time we stopped dancing around the issue and skip to the final boss.

Nevill

Arcane
Rabbit – (Charisma +2, Luck +3, Strength -2)
Horse – (Endurance +3, Agility +1, Luck +1, Perception -1, Intelligence -1)
Yes. Pigs, rabbits and horses all give a HEAVANZ-certified Luck upgrade.

Suddenly it all starts to make sense. Jester was right all along. :M

Absinthe

Arcane
Trouble is that we've been warned the skipping to the final boss without any magic powers is going to result in a hilariously one-sided confrontation. I don't think that's a good idea.

I'd like to actually confront her. Properly.

Elfberserker

Liturgist
Rabbit – (Charisma +2, Luck +3, Strength -2)
Horse – (Endurance +3, Agility +1, Luck +1, Perception -1, Intelligence -1)
Yes. Pigs, rabbits and horses all give a much needed Luck upgrade.

Suddenly it all starts to make sense. Jester was right all along. :M

Plus there was that one luck upgrade that demanded that Zhang Jue kill our tiger friends in first maniac training part.
I get the feeling that heavens really don't like tigers.

Trouble is that we've been warned the skipping to the final boss without any magic powers is going to result in a hilariously one-sided confrontation. I don't think that's a good idea.

I'd like to actually confront her. Properly.
This is the epilogue. I doubt our final choice is going be "learn god powers and kill gods".

And again, this sword skill may be just the kind of power we need. Perhaps even enough to cause heaven itself to "return to formlessness".

Absinthe

Arcane
This is the epilogue. I doubt our final choice is going be "learn god powers and kill gods".
Treave seemed to indicate it was possible when I asked about it:
The possibility is there for this to become a turning point in your life and devote yourself to learning the arts of immortality.
Hell, the whole fate reading from the start was that we would overthrow the order of the heavens, which suggests going to war with the celestial bureaucracy. The Chi You backstory also indicates we have unfinished business with the celestial bureaucracy. We've had our eyes on that for a while now. I don't think treave is going to write an entire extra chapter for this, but I do think the option is there to make this our ending.

And again, this sword skill may be just the kind of power we need. Perhaps even enough to cause heaven itself to "return to formlessness".
It's not. Treave was 100% clear on that: No magic = get fucked.
Simply put, if you don't have actual magic of your own, expect to be polymorphed into a pig for shits and giggles should you try anything stupid.

Nevill

Arcane
Absinthe said:
Ah, but isn't friendship magic? If we prove that Shun is our friend, it has to account for something! :M

Simply put, if you don't have actual magic of your own, expect to be polymorphed into a pig for shits and giggles should you try anything stupid.
Actually, no. Not 100% clear at all. He said that no magic equals getting fucked, not that the skill was not akin to magic or couldn't negate it.

Sorry, bros, but killing Shun and letting heaven have their way just isn't enough for me. I know where that ending leads. It's time for a new choice.

Absinthe

Arcane
Actually, no. Not 100% clear at all. He said that no magic equals getting fucked, not that the skill was not akin to magic or couldn't negate it.
But our skill is qi-based. We already established that magic is something separate in this setting. I don't think we spontaneously developed magic powers here, tbh. Treave wouldn't've given us a warning like that if we're already fine.

Sorry, bros, but killing Shun and letting heaven have their way just isn't enough for me. I know where that ending leads. It's time for a new choice.
C is not the answer to that. C is where have to bow down to heaven's authority and beg them for mercy. A is the option where we get to straighten heaven out for what they did, and possibly use that power to set matters right again.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom