Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Jing isn't into killing children and oldsters.
But he is into letting them die at the hands of manxing?

Tsk-tsk-tsk.

ScubaV

Prophet
If I learned anything about zhang manxing, it is that you don't go after him with an intention to kill him. Disable him, and he will crawl away in an even more pathetic state than he came in.

His luck grants him a cockroach-like vitality, but it does not protect him from humiliation and making a fool of himself.

That was before he became a zombie, though.

Don't forget this, although whether his luck transfers to Yang Xue or not is unknown.

To be able to at least match the combined qi of Zhang Jue and Vairya, plus Jing and the Sword Saint, Yang Xue truly is on his own tier. And the tier below it is empty.

Tigranes

Arcane
Wait, so Yang Xue > Zhang Jue, and now Yang Xue is Upgraded?

Fucking ZJ can't even win the only actual fight he gets to within the entire timeframe :outrage:

Baltika9

Arcane
Still did better than all the other pugilusts combined.
And he's not even done yet.

Jester

Arbiter
Old regime participant Xue was investigated. Doping was detected, for what he was disqualified.

Absinthe

Arcane
A

I object to Zhang Manxing being the final antagonist. That'd be a pisspoor finale to this story.

Last edited:

Absinthe

Arcane
I'd rather have Yang Xue be the final antagonist or even another one of those divine agents (Chi You backstory still has potential on this front too).

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I suppose so... but if I really had Zhang Manxing as the final antagonist, wouldn't confronting him here just mean that you're pushing up the timing of the final battle? :M

Tigranes

Arcane
Wait, super-A bandwagon? I'm not so certain about this, as it seems likely to cause permanent damage to at least one of our key allies (perhaps Zhang Jue) - but maybe this is the best chance to have all of our allies & all the orthodox people fight together before they have time to squabble.

Esquilax

Arcane
Yeah, I am actually strongly in favour of B, will post an argument shortly. I think we're getting tunnel vision here, we're beat up, and we've already pushed ourselves well past our limit already. This is the time for some restraint.

Kipeci

Arcane
I think A is probably our best chance to have a dead end that isn't too embarassing, so sure, I'll take that.

That last fight scene was the manliest thing I've read in years!

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I'll give you guys until I finish typing the update to flop. There might be another half-hour or so left.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Great. So it's really the end, then. :salute:

I wonder if the addition of superloli can make it even manlier than what we have already witnessed.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Showdown at Black Dragon Gate

“If that is your wish…” Xuezi’s lips curl up in an unfriendly smile, and she closes her eyes. Her breathing slows down and she murmurs a strange chant under her breath. Her presence seems to expand outwards, engulfing you and everyone else in a calming field; you can sense a qi that is quiet on the surface yet bottomless beneath, like a placid lake hiding unfathomable depths. You begin to shiver. The temperature has plunged sharply; the falling rain turns to snow, floating gently to the earth. A gentle wind sweeps Xuezi off her feet. She hovers lightly in the air, using her now peerless qinggong to float upon the air currents. Her bound hair unravels, frosting over into icy white tresses. She opens her eyes, and waves her hand dismissively. At her command, a wall of cold, blue ice freezes into existence around the battlefield. The assorted pugilists present nervously back into each other, staring around them in awe and fear.

“W-what?” Zhang Manxing looks around wildly.

“I am sorry, boy, but there will be no escape for you today,” says Xuezi, smiling nastily. “You will die here. Try not to shit your pants when you do.”

I’ll handle her, my son!

Letting out a battle-cry, Yang Xue leaps at Xuezi, fangs bared and claws outstretched.

As the battle rages on, you spot Zhang Manxing attempting to run by himself – he is burning his limbs in desperation while attempting to scale Xuezi’s ice wall. Your master and the other pugilists still able to fight are assisting Xuezi in putting down the raging Yang Xue - he is proving to be a lot more trouble than any of you anticipated. Clutching your broken ribs, you head towards the fleeing Zhang.

Bai Jiutian beats you to him, however. “Zhang Manxing!” she yells. “What have you done to our shifu and shimu?”

Bai hurls a sword at him, forcing Zhang to leap off the wall and land in front of her.

“Nothing they didn’t already deserve,” he grins brokenly. “What is it to you? You should rejoice!”

“I will end your wretched life today,” growls Bai, drawing another sword and moving in. Zhang mutters a curse as he prepares to fight. The two of them begin to exchange moves, but it is clear that Bai Jiutian is not in the best condition after being wounded by Yang Xue and donating a considerable amount of her inner strength to the spear clash. Even though Zhang Manxing is not exactly unscathed at the moment, his ludicrous vitality and newfound skill gives him the upper hand over her.

You mutter a curse and join the fight, blocking a strike that would have wounded Bai. She seems just as surprised as Zhang to see you assist her.

“Why are you interfering, Xu Jing?” cries out Zhang Manxing.

You block his blow and return a kick, pushing him back. The effort makes you wince, but you try to hold back the urge to scream in pain. “You’re an easy target, that’s why,” you call out. “How many times do I have to reject your advances until you get the idea?”

“Fool on me!” Zhang Manxing rages. “I was a fool to believe that fatuous pretender when he said you would cooperate with me! No more mercy… I will strike you down here and now!” A strong wave of qi bursts forth from Zhang – he had still been leaving something in reserve.

“Watch out!” Bai Jiutian shouts out a warning and tries to intercept Zhang Manxing, but she is too late. His sudden surge of speed catches the both of you, already weary and exhausted from the previous battle, by total surprise. He kicks Bai aside, his foot whipping across her neck with a painful crack. At the same time, he turns, evading your claws, and charges into you. A sharp pain spreads throughout your abdomen as he rams the sharpened bone of his crippled arm deep into you. You cough up blood – Zhang Manxing twists his arm savagely, attempting to push in further and gouge out your innards.

“Die die die die die die-“

His insane screams are replaced by one of pain. Three needles have sprouted on his eyeball – looking over your shoulder, you see Cao’er crouched down low behind a far rock. She is shouting something that you cannot hear from this distance.

You are not about to waste this opportunity she has given you. Summoning up the last of your strength, you reach up and grab the arm impaling you – you squeeze as hard as you can, feeling his bones splinter beneath your grip. His screams and curses double in intensity. Then, with your other hand, you claw out his throat. A dark red wound opens across his neck. Zhang Manxing stumbles back, gurgling blood. There is confusion in his eyes. He opens his mouth wordlessly as all the colour drains from his disfigured face, his fingers clutching at his throat as he attempts futilely to stem the life spilling away from his throat.

He takes one step back.

Then a second.

And finally, he collapses.

You let out the breath that you had been holding in, sinking to your knees from the pain.

MY SON!

A loud scream cracks the ice wall. There is a tearing, ripping noise – looking up with much effort, you see Yang Xue hurtling towards you at high speed, his eyes black with fury. He is missing an arm – you note that it has been left behind, encased in ice and ensconced in Xuezi’s grasp. In his desperation to reach who he thought to be his son, he had madly decided to give it up instead of tarry any longer. Thorny pillars of ice erupt from the earth to block Yang Xue’s way, but his rage allows him to smash through them without stopping, regardless of the damage done to his body.

Yang Xue reaches you with his old, withered body bleeding from a hundred wounds, half-frozen and mutilated.

Of course, you are in no condition to evade his ferocious strike. His fist lands home, smack dab in the middle of your torso. You feel every bone in your body break.

Everything goes black.

---CHAPTER END---

Last edited:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
What you didn't see because of the black-out: Yang Xue revives Zhang Manxing by sacrificing his own life, pouring all of his life energy into the dude, and then Super Zhang, who has now inherited the bulk of Yang's power, bails out safely. :M

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom