Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

ChumBucket

Augur
There is only one option available for a true BAdass.

Baltika9

Arcane
treave, what sort of condition is Nie Wuxing is? Is he barely alive? As enticing as the prospect of a manly fight between these juggernauts of the jianghu is, I am a bit wary of devoting our full attention to Yang Xue and Son to protect the man who ended up murdering Big Wang and the Abbot in somewhat similar circumstances. Perhaps I'm being overly paranoid, but I can't help but feel that Wuxing would sense a great opportunity in this situation.

However, the opportunity for an awesome fight with all of these badasses in place is way too cool for me to pass up. I'll vote BA for now, though I could flop to something more conservative if I get the feeling that something might happen to us while we're busy dealing with Crazy Yang.
I'm having trouble imagining him do that in front of Shangguan and the rest of the orthodontists. Half of them are our friends.

Esquilax

Arcane
I'm having trouble imagining him do that in front of Shangguan and the rest of the orthodontists. Half of them are our friends.

Big Wang was friends with everybody in the orthodox world, and his reputation was as good as ours was bad. If it could happen to him, it could happen to us too. Just saying, he sees that we've got one of the manuals and we obviously can't be trusted with such power, so he might have a strong motive and an opportunity here. /paranoia

On an unrelated note: treave, you mentioned that there were certain "performance-enhancing drugs" that one could take to improve combat effectiveness, though these came with long-term side-effects. Is that what Ameretat gave us, or was it a powerful aphrodisiac somewhat similar to what Zhang Manxing had?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
None of the orthodox pugilists have suffered serious injuries. If you can fight a hundred men with a spear wound in your side they can stop being fucking pussies and stand up.

It's just that Zhang's purple dust temporarily disabled them. You don't know how long it'll take for them to recover - you'll work with whoever you have. The Sword Saint and Vairya will be your primary weapons against Yang Xue at the moment, supported by Ameretat, Qi Liuwu and Jiu Mou, while Armaiti, Yifang and Cao'er will be helping to get Qilin, Yunzi, Yao, Miecao, Zuo family etc to safety and/or retrieving the wounded whenever they can.

If you guys have any suggestions on changing manpower allocation, go ahead.

On an unrelated note: treave, you mentioned that there were certain "performance-enhancing drugs" that one could take to improve combat effectiveness, though these came with long-term side-effects. Is that what Ameretat gave us, or was it a powerful aphrodisiac somewhat similar to what Zhang Manxing had?

It's more related to the stuff that makes the berserker warriors. Ameretat's stuff doesn't improve your performance, it just temporarily shuts off the signal that tells you that you're very very tired and shouldn't be fighting, so to speak. Whatever 'energy boost' you feel is more or less a lie.

Edit: Your exhaustion thus far is mostly 'physical', your qi reserves are still fine. You had the opportunity to absorb at least as much as you lost in that berserker fight.

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Our superloli needs the supermanual. Don't bother her.

Ameretat, Qi Liuwu and Jiu Mou, while Armaiti, Yifang and Cao'er will be helping to get Qilin, Yunzi, Yao, Miecao, Zuo family etc to safety
treave, between Armaiti and Ameretat, who is a better fighter? I always thought it was the Amesha Spenta of Rock.

Or is Armaiti helping the wounded because Yunzi is there, and she feels personally responsible for her?

Baltika9

Arcane
That, or some qi. I think this would qualify as a good time to unlock her skills.
It's more related to the stuff that makes the berserker warriors. Ameretat's stuff doesn't improve your performance, it just temporarily shuts off the signal that tells you that you're very very tired and shouldn't be fighting, so to speak. Whatever 'energy boost' you feel is a lie.
...I think we did this before, just without the drugs.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
treave, between Armaiti and Ameretat, who is a better fighter?

Or is Armaiti helping the wounded because Yunzi is there, and she feels personally responsible for her?

Armaiti is defensively stronger than Ameretat, though Vairya is the designated tank for this fight at the moment. And yes, she's put there primarily to guard the Holy Maiden.

Nevill

Arcane
That, or some qi. I think this would qualify as a good time to unlock her skills.
She can unlock her seals without our help. That time on the island was the exception because the Immortal caught her off-guard and made her expend all her reserves with the Power of Music.

Nevill

Arcane
Sooo... apparently, Yang Xue is proficient in the ways of kicking, clawing, Spear of Manliness and... oral performance?

Suddenly, I do not regret missing on an extended apprenticeship. :salute:

Baltika9

Arcane
Why? We'd get a happy ending.

treave, if Stage Two is where Xuezi saves our asses, what is Stage Three?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Yang Xue and Zhang Manxing do a ancient technique called the Fusion Dance and become Zhang Xue. Zhang Jue arrives to battle them for the Name of Zhang.

Nevill

Arcane
treave, out of curiosity.

What are the Drinking stats on our wives/entourage?

So far, only Ameshas of Rock and Metal show any kind of proficiency in it.

Baltika9

Arcane
Our wives can't drink. The Ameshas, on the other hand...
Armaiti-7.
Rob-8.
Vahista-11/10.
Manah-~7.
Ameretat- Afghan weed.
Haurvatat may be the only teetotaler. I doubt it, though.

In short, we're a disgrace.

Elfberserker

Liturgist
That update was hilarious and badass at same :lol:.

As much I would like to fight spear of manliness, I can help but feel that we should chase after Manxing. That man has more dirty tricks than there are stars at the sky and I feel that we are best match against those trickkery.
I don't want our heavy metal get gigantic boner of death from that Manxing powder...Or anyone else get gigantic boner of death.

CA

Baltika9

Arcane
What Nevill said, and tell the good madame that Bro Manxing almost had her daughter gang raped.

Nevill

Arcane
In short, we're a disgrace.
I just don't want to be outdrunk by the Holy Maiden. That is all I ask for.

Hm. Now that I think of it, we should have a drinking contest with her one of these days. Haven't tried that one yet.

Baltika9

Arcane
treave, not a force allocation request, but if (when, more like, considering whose pocket they're likely in) our retreating group runs into the remainder of the BDS mercs, I'd like our guys to try and recruit them to our side. I remember you saying they would give the Cult's ordinary cultists a good base to work with in terms of martial arts.

Akkudakku

Arbiter
CA - guess who is manxing going for? Qilin, Yunzi, Cao'er - yup he will have his revenge in you having blindfolds on.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom