Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

ChumBucket

Augur
There is one reason mentioned in the update that should be considered as well, this duel is something the Huashan commonly practice with. The twins will be more used to it than others in our group.

Elfberserker

Liturgist
Oh there is certainly that delicious literaty poetry that demands twins fighting here, but for me that means less than Justice girl points.
I mean how many chances we will get Yifang or Miss Song points without Qilin or Yunzi looking better option or worse that we lose our waifu points with our unorthodox waifus?

Tribute

Arbiter
I find it strange that the Justice League & Armaiti team does not get enough love, especially considering that on paper they look better than the Twins, what with two legendary blades, a prodigy swordsman, and a whole Amesha Spenta, who we know to be on a level with the masters of Eight Sects.

Why do people still prefer the Nie sisters? Is it because it feels more appropriate for them to earn their freedom, or is there more to it?
Hey, I voted for the Justice League + Armaiti over the twins. I do think they should be what we go with. We know their capabilities, and we know they're not going to get excessively worked up over their personal grievances and screw this up for us, which is a possibility with the Huashan Twins.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
That was already mentioned.

This might also work against us, since you pretty much have to follow your instincts instead of processing commands with your brain, and if they are used to following commands from one of their family members during the training, the habit might cause the Twins to follow them before they realize what is happening. That's probably Shulgi hunting, though.

Besides, we didn't take much time to get used to it when we first encountered it, though that might be chalked up to how gifted we were.

What is more important, familiarity or skill, determination or mutual trust, knowledge of their opponents or knowledge of their friends? Those are all factors one has to consider when choosing between the teams.

Last edited:

Akkudakku

Arbiter
Well Jing used to do this too. And he has tactical skill too. Jing Commander Supreme.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Double-checked the tally, we are still at:

Xuezi + Twins, Lingshu - 2
Xuezi + Twins, Armaiti - 1
Xuezi + Jing, Yunzi, Armaiti - 1
Xuezi + Jing, Twins - 1
Jing + Twins, Lingshu - 4
Jing + Armaiti, Lingshu, Yifang - 4

With a possibility of:

Xuezi + Twins, Lingshu - 0
Xuezi + Twins, Armaiti - 1
Xuezi + Jing, Yunzi, Armaiti - 1
Xuezi + Jing, Twins - 1
Jing + Twins, Lingshu - 6
Jing + Armaiti, Lingshu, Yifang - 4

Since I'm not counting B as a single bloc, choices A and C aren't really as behind as they seem to be.

I will likely close and update in a day or so.

Absinthe

Arcane
Adjusting vote to

C - Cao'er > B Duelists - Yifang, Song Lingshu, Armaiti; Tactician - Jing

Akkudakku

Arbiter
Just so you know C + Cao'er is retarded - her super smarts doesnt mean she can win in 'chess' with anyone if she didnt play it even once in her life...

Absinthe

Arcane
10 int is beyond genius level. In weiqi, that overwhelming capacity to read ahead can make up for lack of basic strategy (because a genius can just extrapolate the basic strategies with some thinking). Cao'er just needs to play shit like 3-3 (unassailable corner position) and then immediately drag the enemy into fights *everywhere* so that fighting skill (which is all about reading ahead) becomes the most important factor instead of large-scale strategy.

Last edited:

Akkudakku

Arbiter
But ability doent equal to skill. Jing for example has some strategic skill and not bad INT yet he struggled against BJ.

Absinthe

Arcane
Both of them have skill and ability.

Right now though, Jing should beat BJ, since I doubt BJ's int increased.

Last edited:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Alright, Team Xu Jing + Twins & Song Lingshu will take on Nie Wuxing directing Bai Jiutian + Chunjun, Zhang Minyue + Chengying and Liu Qi + Tai'e.

Give me a bit to figure that out, update should be ready in 12 hours.

Elfberserker

Liturgist
How interesting.

I wonder how much Nie Wuxing decising directing instead of fighting can be contributed to fact we are talking about his daughters or how much due that Xu Jing is opposing tactician. Of course he shouldn't be understimed in directing fighters since he is master of hueshan after all.

Match looks surprising even. We know that Bai Jiutian is the best fighter, but Zhang Minyue wasn't that great...Even thought that sword saint 24 style move can be nasty in right place and Liu Qi is bit mystery even if we had fought against him.
Of course realitionship between fighters shouldn't be discounted.

Nevill

Arcane
I wonder how much Nie Wuxing decising directing instead of fighting can be contributed to fact we are talking about his daughters or how much due that Xu Jing is opposing tactician.
A bit of both, I think. This is an important internal matter for Huashan that requires his attention, these are his daughters, and this is Man Tiger Pig opposing him. His pride can't let anyone else handle it, and if this match is an official event, which it looks like it is, seeing how they are involving the other sects, it isn't Madam Nie's place to direct it.

I am surprised about Liu Qi participating, though. It makes sense, I guess, but I still did not expect to see him.

Elfberserker

Liturgist
I didn't see it either. I was pretty sure that Nie Wuxing was going to be duelist.
Liu Qi does handle one of legendary swords, so I could easily see why sword master like Nie wuxing would take him to the team.

Nevill

Arcane
I was pretty sure that Nie Wuxing was going to be duelist.
It should be advantageous to us, right?

I mean, the guy never made us suspect that he is anything out of the ordinary, as far as strategy - or anything remotely intellectual - is concerned. He had to have our acts of service to the crown pointed to him by his wife, he failed to interpret our character correctly even after that, he easily succumbed to our provocations pretty much every time we've met him and got outplayed at the conference when we claimed his idea as our own.

I have to give him credit, though, he took the news about his daughters a lot calmer than I expected him to, but we still managed to drive him into a rage eventually without really trying.

I guess our chances even out in that as much as the other team trumps ours in skill and raw strenght, they lack in competent command. Throw the tactician off-balance, and the fighters will not be able to do anything.

Then again, he might surprise us.

Elfberserker

Liturgist
Well to be fair all that scheming and politiking seems to be out of his comfort zone.

But fighting?

Nie wuxind has spent most of his life dedicated to fighting, all of intellection points are wired to fighting. What he may lack in raw ability compared to us, he can use his experience to close the cap.

Nevill

Arcane
Maybe, maybe.

He is still lacking self-control, though. Maybe it is his pride, or maybe we rub him off in a very bad way, but he can't keep his cool around us. Madam Nie had to elbow him constantly during our meeting on Taoying Island to keep him in line.

You need an analytical mind to become a good tactician, and he is way too emotional for that.

Elfberserker

Liturgist
Very true and not to mention Xu Jing is very good at trolling.
Lets see, if we can reap our reward from that nice 7 charisma and 6 speech skills...Not that we haven't reaped our reward already.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom