Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Bros, we can pick up the dingdong step any time. Armati is going to be with us a while longer. Bros, Fire Eye is the way to go here. It may not be one of the legendary skills, but that's only because everyone that Zhang has used it on died before they could tell anyone about it!

Baltika9

Arcane
Ahem. Dingdong Step is the best defensive qinggong for us. Immense defensive ability without sacrificing any of our speed and dexterity. Call it what you want, a waste of time it is not.

I'm not saying it's a waste. I'm saying we can learn it later. Zhang's skills do not come often. This may be our ONLY chance to learn them. That's something you can't say about any of the other skills.

Esquilax

Arcane
Ahem. Dingdong Step is the best defensive qinggong for us. Immense defensive ability without sacrificing any of our speed and dexterity. Call it what you want, a waste of time it is not.

True, but provided we don't get her horribly killed (given our voting record, we must consider this possibility), she'll stick around with us for a long time. Can't say the same for Master Zhang. Out of the two meditation options, the one I find more acceptable is the meditation with Xuezi. Solo meditation can be done regardless of the company we keep, but we don't really know how long the rest of our companions are going to be with us.

Baltika9

Arcane
I'm not saying it's a waste. I'm saying we can learn it later. Zhang's skills do not come often. This may be our ONLY chance to learn them. That's something you can't say about any of the other skills.

True, but we have only the two things that can come out on top of WQS: V and VI. And for me, going into this cponference with a half-and-half combination seems like a bad idea. Either we double down and hope we get to lvl3 WQS or we invest into our combat abilities and do this the old-fashioned way. Besides, for me it's not when we can learn the technique. It's that Dingdong Step is very, very useful for us in the here and now. Very useful. Not as useful as Eye Laz0r, but very useful nevertheless.

Absinthe

Arcane
Really? Honestly I like the combo of Dingdi Step + Taiji Fist for the sheer concept. Glass cannon trickster Jing surprise drags his opponent into steady hours-long fights as he drains them to shit like an inexorable tide.

Pragmatism demands that we get the eye laser, however.

But before all that, the almighty Wuxiang Qiankun must triumph, I tell you.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
"After this training session where we double-dip on Wuxiang Qiankun to get us to Level 3, and the next one where we double up on it again to Level 4, we'll have fun bros, I promise!"
Wouldn't be surprised if it won't. We aren't getting an upgrade after each meditation session, after all.

So we'll have fun after the training session that comes after the training session that comes after I don't know how many training sessions.

We should never have left Yang Xue's cave, we could have been an awesome one-trick pony without all that extra bother that comes from exploration and freedom of choice.

Nevill FYI, the tally above should have XI in the lead. My vote is B XI VI, not B VI VII.

Nevill, also, there is no double dipping on WQS. Only one vote counts.
Shit, I was wrong. Commence panic mode.

Last edited by a moderator:

Absinthe

Arcane
Speaking of upgrades after the session, you guys realize we're due to meet with Qi Liuwu for the rest of the palms, right?

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Fixed, sorry about that.

No, we should meditate on Wuxiang Qiankun instead. Qi Liuwu will have to understand.
We'll just have him explain it to his protege and copy ALL THE PALMS from him once we have WQS at an AWESOME level.

Lrn2play, n00bs.

Absinthe

Arcane
Baltika9:
As for the Dragon Palms, you can complete it with verbal instruction, but only if it's from Qi Liuwu, who's perfected his understanding of the technique. It's not the strongest unarmed technique but the strongest palm technique, there's a difference.

Esquilax, it ain't weak. It's also a technique we can't really expect to learn with Wuxiang Qiankun.

Baltika9

Arcane
That was kinda my point. Dragon Palms have nothing to do with WQS. Bringing it into the DISCUSS! is kinda odd.

Esquilax

Arcane
Wuxiang Qiankun is stronger. We should meditate on it instead of focusing on a technique that's much weaker.

Your focus on the Dragon Palm is confusing me. Avoid Master Zhang's awesome techniques, not knowing when we'll see him again, yet beeline for the Dragon Palm? I don't understand. I mean, I want it too, but this is just an odd set of priorities.

Absinthe

Arcane
Baltika9, two points. One, reminder because Nevill suggested otherwise. Two, we'll be branching out even if we focus Wuxiang Qiankun right now, so this overspecialization nonsense is really mostly nonsense.

Elfberserker

Liturgist
B V VI

I flop back to earth steps

I deleted zhang jue package due eye lasers not winning. Shameful display I know, but these are desperate times.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
It is pretty damn shameful that the Fire Lord can't generate even a spark without having to copy off his handmaidens. :lol:

But I guess that's how Man Tiger Pig rolls.

Baltika9

Arcane
It is pretty damn shameful that the Fire Lord can't generate even a spark without having to copy off his handmaidens. :lol:

But I guess that's how Man Tiger Pig rolls.
Shameful fucking display, I know. BUT WQS OVERTAKES ALL!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom