Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Lost Sphear - Switch now to have best jrpgs ?!

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard

seems gonna have to get switch at some point

Hobo Elf

Arcane

Hyperion

Arcane
It's the successor to I Am Setsuna, which was, regrettably, not great. It followed the checklist of 'throwback JRPG,' even had some ideas that could have been truly great. The soundtrack was actually decent, but using only piano as the gimmick made it get a little boring after awhile. A piano is a versatile instrument, they could have done so much more. A bleak, snowy landscape with a story that was supposed to match it, but it fell on its face and became generic JRPG save the maiden, then save the world stuff, without any flair or genuine love put into its thought process.

I really don't think these new game devs actually understand what made the golden era JRPGs classic. Would love to see them double down on their efforts and pull out a winner, but sadly I don't see it happening. Every now and then sitting back, and enjoying a straightforward JRPG for its plot and characters is a good respite from the more technical, systems-based game most of us here prefer. But that doesn't mean we're gonna settle for mediocrity. Persona 5 was a shining example of a storyfag RPG done right.

P.S. - Still hopeful for Project Octopath Traveler though.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I don't know what to be. I want to be hyped, but I am Setsuna.

Jinn

Arcane
There is nothing to indicate this'll be any less generic, un-challenging, and un-fun than I am Setsuna. I would love to be wrong, but I doubt I am.

Last edited:

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Oh hey they also released a demo on Steam not only on consoles:

The LOST SPHEAR Demo offers up to ONE HOUR of immersive gameplay taken from the full game. Take on the role of Kanata and explore the beautiful world of LOST SPHEAR. Experience the new Vulcosuits Armour as you navigate your way through exciting boss battles and start rebuilding a disappearing world.

Facing an ominous power that threatens the fabric of reality Kanata must awaken the power of Memory to restore the ‘LOST’. To stop the world from disappearing forever, Kanata and his comrades set out to rebuild the world mustering different Memory and crafting the world around them.

KEY FEATURES:
  • Unique and powerfully unforgettable storyline with seamless gameplay
  • Enhanced Battle System with new ATB 2.0 offering more freedom in combat

I guess they really want to prove that this time it's different.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I was honestly looking forward to what this company was gonna release when I heard of Square Enix's announcement. I expected 4 Heroes of Light, but instead I get RPGMaker with a budget.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom