Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Loren The Amazon Princess

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
well i might do something if i'm bored and out of shit to do, but i'm quite occupied with other things at the moment.
i do enjoy watching some video LP on youtube when i get home. especially those newer sherlock holmes adventure games. Good subtitute to TV.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
I have a real sister, thank you very much. :smug:

tumblr_m9pnsiKZLq1ryl60ho8_1280.png

You think I'm a slut, son?:rpgcodex:

tumblr_m9pnsiKZLq1ryl60ho9_1280.png

Better. :love:

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
I'm fairly in love with you.

ugh. Translation is bad. But apparently that is not the reason you people play these games.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
It's just the text Jaesun... just the text*.

*gamers should just grow the fuck up and start reading books, instead of 'gaming', leave this diseased hobby to the PR plants and the 'bros'

Ovg

Cipher
The story is like dragon age done right. And pseudo morrigan is much bettar.

Mother Russia

Andhaira
Andhaira
Dumbfuck Queued
Codex 2013
Ok, just found out about this game a short while ago. I always skipped over this thread because the title of the game is pretty gay.

But I like the art style, and the combat is said to be deep.

Questions before I play:

-Is there a limit to the number of pcs you can have in combat, or not? I like big parties, but only a max of 6...not bloody 13 characters in combat!
-Can you lesbian romance both Loren and her mom Karen?
-If you start romancing one person, are all other romances off limits, or can you romance multiple and in the end have to pick one to finish?
-What do you get at the end of a romance? A splash screen? Combat bonus? Special Item?
-How long does this game take to complete?

Tsukasa Buddha

Liturgist
There are a max of six characters. The in the front row and three in the back. Various people will be required at times, but usually the protagonist and Lauren have to be in party.

You can romance a bunch of people at the same time, and you can get "love triangle" scenes. But before the final battle you have a final choice to pick which one you want, IIRC. You get the story and "sex" scene. I don't think there is anything else.

Popular opinion seems to prefer Planet Stronghold combat, but to be honest the accuracy bullshit just pissed me off.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
After trying out the demo, the combat really isn't that deep. It's somewhat on the level of Sengoku Rance except you have less variety in "units". You gain 3 ability points per level but there's no point in putting them anywhere else except the one ability that improves your class skills, warriors go for strength, rogues go for skill and mages go for willpower. The PC is slightly different with the special "hero" class, meaning that s/he can be somewhat of an multiclass, either fighter/healer or rogue/healer. At least in the demo you can't turn the PC into a mage. You get a skill point every two levels and while there are quite a few skills to pick, the choice is often between a generic, passive stat boos (+5% HP) and a spell/ability (Fireball level 2) so the choice is pretty simple.

It's TB but speed ability affects the order, plus some spells/abilities "drain" the caster/wielder so that they can take a long time before they can act again. There is healing and magic potions, including revival. Characters can be moved between front and back row and there are abilities that force such a switch. The only "tactical" layer comes from the chained special abilities. Many rogue skills require that the enemy has a certain debuff before they can be used, so combat is trying to achieve each debuff in order so as to "unlock" the next special ability - except that there are so few of them (at least in the demo area) that this is usually either impossible or a 2-button no-brainer. Plus the two mages you get during the demo can be both built very easily into a literal walking machines of doom and destruction.

So unless you like visual novels or stereotypical high fantasy epicness, or are extremely starved for cock-teasing pseudo-anime art, then the combat alone won't keep you interested.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
So unless you like visual novels or stereotypical high fantasy epicness, or are extremely starved for cock-teasing pseudo-anime art, then the combat alone won't keep you interested.
Pretty much this. I'm still scratching, my head why did they go with the stereotypical fantasy instead... I don't know, think up something original?

Mother Russia

Andhaira
Andhaira
Dumbfuck Queued
Codex 2013
What are the sex scenes like?

Can you romance the main gal AND her mother at the same time? Can you make them make out with each other? Is this shown graphically?

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
It's not an hentai game, Andhaira. There are achievements for all the romances but I think someone already said that there are no harem endings. Quite perplexed about it, it's not p0rn and funnily over the top like Rance - so who is it aimed for? Is there really a viable market for visual "novels" with actual TB combat bolted on? Because it ain't Hemingway or Le Guinn, that's for sure.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Yeah, instead of doing everything by halves they should have chosen a direction and went all the way.

Modron

Arcane
Has he said much about the character system, does it remain mostly intact from the first game because Loren the Amazon Princess demonstrated a pronounced decline in character development and choice from PS and I hope that doesn't seep into Warzone.

yes plz

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Yeah, instead of doing everything by halves they should have chosen a direction and went all the way.

This, really. Played about maybe half way through Loren before giving up. It didn't seem to do anything particularly well: battles are interesting and can be somewhat tactical at first but quickly become repetitive due to the lack of variety, and once you start getting the higher level abilities the majority of the game's challenge vanishes. The game's setting and lore are some of the most generic high fantasy to ever exist; you'd probably find a more original setting in a child's picture book than you would here. Then there's the cast of characters -- while I'll admit that Loren herself is somewhat well written (relative to the rest of the game's writing, that is), the rest are pretty bland and dull, the cast being fairly bloated that feels like its made up of what would probably be temporary party members in any other RPG. Finally, there's the romances. Once again, Loren's is the only one that has any depth or quality to it (and, again, relative to the rest), the others are just... hilariously bad, most reading like a 13 year old's FF7 fanfic about how Sephiroth and Cloud suddenly realized they want each others cocks, pretty much all of them revolving around either 'forbidden love' and/or the party member going all, "BUT I DUN NO HOW TO LUV!"

I will admit that the ending sounded somewhat interesting, as from what I understand you're forced to sacrifice someone, which can play out in a multitude of ways depending on which sidequests you took and how you handled them, though most of those quests being locked into the expansion. As to why I played it, well I'll admit I like visual novels and love JRPGs, so when I saw some of the Codex (hopefully ironically) liking the game, I figured I'd not remove it from an inventory.

Cool name

Arcane
Has he said much about the character system, does it remain mostly intact from the first game because Loren the Amazon Princess demonstrated a pronounced decline in character development and choice from PS and I hope that doesn't seep into Warzone.

Along with a pronounced incline in writing. Planet Stronghold's dialogue and plot were terribad. The characters were not much better either, I did end up with the rebel guy just because he was not nearly as infuriating as everyone else.

Okay, and because he is HAWT. :oops:

Edit: And because you actually win romance points with him by being BADASS instead of sucking up to their little emo hearts.

Damien: 'Okay, you just kicked the ass of everyone in the arena and defeated me in a duel. LET'S MAKE OUT!' Yeaaah! :cool:

Everyone else: 'Sob, sob. Thank you so much for helping me in my totally worthless mission and always saying what my little emo heart wants to hear. Sob, sob. Let's make out. Sob.' No thankies. :eek:

Who can you fuck?

45211213-romances.png

Absalom

Whats the difference between Boy x Girl and Girl x Boy? Post op vs pre op?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom