Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Loren The Amazon Princess

Wolfus

Arcane
RK47 said:
phil.jpg
Mein aryan Bruder, I summon thee!
josh.jpg
Is that you Adolf...?

Mortmal

Arcane
Glad we have new subforums to keep that gem , that concentration of pure pc gaming, away from the anime subhuman filth!

Mortmal

Arcane
Been a good hour that jaesun is online and the thread is not moved.. such self control is admirable!

Mortmal

Arcane
its still there! wow ... Anyone considering buying ? 20 euros is a bit steep for that , only indie id play 20 or more blindly is kotc 2 or equivalent.

Tsukasa Buddha

Liturgist
Played it. Definitely a Dragon Age: Origins knock off, though and through. It was very embarrassing to have the characters on my screen.

They're coming out with an expansion featuring vampires :lol: .

lightbane

Arcane
I thought this game was made in America, not Japan. But if looking vaguely japanese counts, then all topics about Wizardry and other 1st person dungeon crawling rpgs should be moved there, because they're similar to Etrian Oddyssey, a japanese game.
:M

Mortmal

Arcane
"For all your DESUDESUDESU needs, where everything released in an asian language or from an asian developer can be discussed. If it remotely smells Japanese, put it in here."

Those developpers are clearly not asian and the artwork is not following well established japonese styles either! This is an outrage ! Mods i demand that you move this thread to computer rpg ! Stop soiling pure asian breed games !

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Well, if every thread about stuff remotely Japanese should be moved here, I guess this will be the biggest most popular sub-forum of the Codex.

Tsukasa Buddha

Liturgist
How was it?

:desu:

Well, you can start off as a sex slave to the Amazon queen, so I suppose it isn't all bad.

CnC is actually fairly limited. Most of the time it is just the DA2 options of Friendly, Sarcastic, and Aggressive, with (Romance) tossed in at random. But there are a few legit choices, usually for a romance completion or for a main story option (which are usually a bit meaningless). There is a nice fork, though, in the early chapters.

Your party heals after every encounter, so you only need potions or healing spells during long battles or when there are multiple waves of enemies. You can choose to camp at these times, but when you come back the enemies are stronger.

The main character is pushed into being at least part healer. You respond to dialogue at the beginning to set your stats and classes when telling your backstory. Personally, I couldn't get my guy to be effective at anything but being a healer. Combat is actually quite nice. Magic usually does good, widespread damage, but physical attackers can take advantage of tired or stunned effects to do big time damaging skills. You end up with a few redundant characters.

You can choose to fight people in town to gain reputation to get discounts, or you can fight random battles on the road. I skipped those. Travelling is clicking a locale on a map. No dungeons to speak of.

The romances are the core of the game, which you advance by talking to the characters in the camp (most of the time). Basically, you keep talking to them and once or twice a chapter you will get a conversation with (Romance) in it. Then you will get a scene about every chapter when you return to camp which will have a more ambiguous choice. They have straight, gay, and bi characters.

As for the main plot, the minor Big Bads are actually much more impressive than Big Bad himself, which isn't saying much.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
rpg- and contentwise the game is a kind of big step back from planet stronghold and feels like they are trying to cash in on the very tame (unless you are conservative even for an american, i guess) mild sexual content.
it's also incomplete and full of noticeable placeholders for the add-on that will bring back some stronghold-like content (like party member quests) and cost half as much as the base game.

overall it's pretty shitty, even for a dating sim with rpgish elements.

Norfleet

To be fair, I don't think the Skyrimoid vampires are supposed to be sexy, but more like the Nosferatu. Even compared to other Skyrimites, they are much less sexy.

But at least the Skyrim one has a clearly discernable NOSE, and isn't making a doofy expression.

asper

Arcane
Project: Eternity
"3d models aren't sexy"

WonderlandDress.png

The Skyrim model looks just fine by the way. Not everything has to be ridiculously sexualized.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom