Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Loremaster (hybrid) thread

epeli

Arcane
The cs option doesn't kill him on success, only weakens.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Ah okay, never tried it so I thought it would somehow instantly kill him. How about the demon in Inferiae?

Wolfe

Arbiter
Went with the build suggested by epeli on the first page, I just finished Teron and managed to avoid any fight, which is exactly my goal for this playthrough after playing with a mercenary. Joined the merchants and the questline was pretty cool. How useful are Impersonate and Etiquette from now on?

Saark

Arcane
Patron
Opening it requires the ghost hand and the augmented eye. Actually entering it requires all of that, the powered power armour, the aegis and I think you need to be balzaars servant aswell.

Wolfe

Arbiter
Just finished my loremaster run in 9 hours, completed the merchants storyline and I loved how you switch sides in different situations and betray everyone. This was my build:

Dp1TNTa.jpg

I didn't notice too many Impersonate/Etiquette/Trading checks in the second half of the game, but there were plenty of those for Persuasion/Streetwise and Lore/Crafting.

How do you use The Divine Spear?

Shadenuat

Arcane
With 7 CHA you can't bullshit preacher that you has been chosen one which bothers inner achievement autist in me greatly

Wolfe

Arbiter
Agreed, I almost restarted my playthrough after that part, then I realised I can make another character and get the achievement in less than 5 minutes :)

Shadenuat

Arcane
How do you use The Divine Spear?
Either give it to Ben in Hellgate or use kill yourself and everything when fighting some other god in Gaius quest line. I don't think using it that way is compatible with pro-Meru-playthrough.

can you tell me why 7 con?
For exploration and easter egg alternative ending

You need sum of 12 of Con & Dex to search the well in Maadoran and I think there are 2 con checks one is when you get to prove yourself to Meru and last one when you go for god-ending

Anyways I finished my own Loremaster playthrough with same build most ppl playing (had to bang my head against the wall quire a while until I figured how to cheese checks for my physical stats by switching Power Armor modes), and suffered a bit from low CHA, because I chose to finish whole Jew Epos (The Commercium).
You really should't spread points too thin there. Persuasion is the key, since it's checked together with other skills, almost worthy of maxing out, while Streetwise allows to mostly avoid combat although you need it p. high at times. These two are the bread & butter while Etiquette is almost worthless, Trade can be kept fairly low as long as you pump Persuasion and Impersonation also can be kept at low levels or just never put points in it.
Sometimes a Lore check can save you but it's better to keep it low (~5) before you reach endgame and THEN you can dump hella lot of points you got from Jew Guild into it.
Crafting should be metaed and kept low for the most part - better to pump Lore more. Lockpicking only for easter-egging.
I think I could have also dumped Alchemy, using self-made bomb + bought bombs to kill 1 droid.

Last edited:

Wolfe

Arbiter
can you tell me why 7 con?

To get through the Abyss, if I remember correctly.

Lore and Crafting aren't checked too much in the beginning, but are essential after you start exploring outside Maadoran. Etiquette and Trading are the other way around, helpful in Teron and a few situations in Maadoran.

Wolfe

Arbiter
as loremaster you get aparatus at the very beginning so no need for 7con unless you want to blow up city(which you didnt). And since str and dex were low, I wonder if it was needed for anything else

Ah, good point, oversight on my part.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
7 CON might also be required for Merus test if you have neither Darius Helm of Destiny nor the Mindshield trait.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
You need 6 con to get 2 power tubes (AND probably working gas mask which doesnt need power tube - but not sure about it).

Also, why i cant get quest for Zamedi tower fro Gallius? I joined House aurelian as loremaster. No quests.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
The check for the well requires DEX+CON=12, people often advise 7 CON because of multiple other situations you run into that check for CON aswell, while as a loremaster very few checks require DEX.

Mozg

Arcane
You need 6 con to get 2 power tubes (AND probably working gas mask which doesnt need power tube - but not sure about it).

Also, why i cant get quest for Zamedi tower fro Gallius? I joined House aurelian as loremaster. No quests.

Are you sure you actually joined? I think maybe he said, basically, "I don't trust you - go away." Did you join any factions in Teron?

Or alternately he told you to go to Darius' Tomb and you missed it. In which case it should be a destination on your world map.

Last edited:

Shadenuat

Arcane
Here's Garrett upon arriving to Ganezzar, a thief who finished all thief quests in Teron without combat (well I did critical-strike a few mooks), then chosen Gallius over guild after 2d quest - I never played this quest line so didn't want to pass on it even for 40 Thieves quests.
I kept save game before that to reload after and play again without switching to Lore-playthrough.

Featuring mechanical eye he'd probably would have to fight some gods of nature and machine and fuck evil dryads

UDYKIdG.jpg

So far my challenges were solved as follows in that order I believe:

Teron Thieves questline: solved everything without combat
Teron Palace: sneaked (obviously)
Mining Outpost: sneaked
Bandit Outpost: asked thief bros for help, sneaked for chalice
Maadoran Thieves: got muscle, blowed up Boatmen, then became Aurelian Praetor
Saross: dealed with guy and repaired with just 1 part and oil, got surgical kit, read all lore from tablets (Lore 7)
The Pass: sneaked (that's what 1 Dodge is for), talked down guy, then persuaded legionary to allow ordu into Maadoran
Abyss: used breathing device from sewers, shut down machines (Lore 8)
Inferiae: sneaked away from demon, activated portal, ran away with DEX
Zamedi: exchanged ring for information, allowed demon to go, then got +1CON and read a lot of lore from various computers (Lore 10)

So question

I checked and I can activate Arch and send slaves there, but die if I go there myself. Can I go there myself somehow or am I fucked because I dunno what Darius tomb/helmet/mind protection are?

Overall very fun character to play so far, lots lots of options, no combat needed.

Shadenuat

Arcane
GARRETT HAS A BETTER IDEA

9JST7HJ.jpg

star-wars-obi-wan-kenobi-movie.jpg

S3ZMb5q.jpg

Death%2BStar%2BLaser%2BGooglePlus.png

rMgnRKh.jpg

...okay maybe it wasn't that of a good idea.

Visited SPEHHS too. Got a shit ton of achivos with Garrett, if I'll be able to do well in Thieves quests too (and I think I will) I'd say this build is very viable as a "Loremaster" playthrough and for many others as you can use one save game to play through like 3 most interesting factions and visit all Indiana Jones locations too.
In fact I did better with Garrett than with my actual Loremaster guy.

Last edited:

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Are you sure you actually joined? I think maybe he said, basically, "I don't trust you - go away." Did you join any factions in Teron?

Or alternately he told you to go to Darius' Tomb and you missed it. In which case it should be a destination on your world map.

I had info with this in character sheet so yes. Also was guildless at same time. At that walkthough i still didnt knew you could do guild stuff in teron.

I re-started and joined early (-1 tube though), now all is ok.

Power armor is needed to enter the Arch, who can confirm?

Shadenuat

Arcane
To enter Arch you need:

- Mechanical Eye
- Mechanical hand and 3 power tubes
- Aegis helmet from Al-Akia
- Help Meru finish the ritual in Al-Akia - otherwise you get killed

For just some bonus lore that's really a lot I gotta say, especially the last one.

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Might be a bug where last one isn't necessary in some cases. I know I got it and thought it was weird how it seemed to talk about me working for Balzaar when I wasn't (but had on another playthrough, so recognized that I probably shouldn't be having this conversation). Possibly if you sabotage the ritual?

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Bros, need help for Loremaster (merchant guild). On my previous walkthroughs I didn't bother with artifacts and all that cool stuff.

I'm finishing Teron. My artifacts are
- iron ball
- jellyfish
- some gasmask looking thing
- 1 power tube

Is that all I can get here? And what do I do in Maadoran and Ganezzar?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom