Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Lords of Xulima

roshan

Arcane
We need a deportation force to send the illegal immigrants back to Darkest Dungeon.

Celerity

Takes 1337 hours to realise it's shit.
Village Idiot Possibly Retarded
I agree. Throw the casual trash, such as yourself in a shitty delusional walking simulator full of retarded, mouth breathing fuckwits. While you're in your concentration camps... I mean containment areas, I, Celerity, Executor of Impunity, the only one that has ever successfully made said shitty walking simulator an actual game will make Xulima great again. And then drop the hammer on you, erasing you casual trash from existence.

jungl

Augur
I enjoyed this game. I beat the game with no healer in my party. Mid game was REALLY hard I was about to quit but kept going with it. Late game my guys were murdering stuff left and right and a healer in the party would of been a hindrance more then help.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Game is 70% off on GOG.com. Now is the time to buy. I've said a couple of times that I would and never did..

vmar

Savant
Put 4 hours into this game and it seems like it's gonna be really repetitive.

I was already getting kinda tired/bored then my barb critical missed two turns in a row and killed himself so i alt f4'd

resilient sphere

Educated
yes, everything in the above post, plus it looks and sounds like a Kongregate game.

the strict balance feels good at first but then you feel railroaded to fight stuff in a certain order, and the way the noticeboard quests appear one by one doesn't exactly help. feels more like a tough casual game than an RPG as such.

GlutenBurger

Cipher
You're not totally railroaded to fight stuff in a certain order. The most fun part is working out how to defeat guards who are way beyond your level and exploring areas before you're "supposed" to. It's not anywhere near as good as in Might and Magic, but satisfying nonetheless.

Don't the quests come in batches of more than one?

roshan

Arcane
yes, everything in the above post, plus it looks and sounds like a Kongregate game.

the strict balance feels good at first but then you feel railroaded to fight stuff in a certain order, and the way the noticeboard quests appear one by one doesn't exactly help. feels more like a tough casual game than an RPG as such.

Not at all true. If you play well and pull out all tricks you can beat enemies that are beyond your normal ability to fight.

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
Yeah, those impressions must be based on the first town. Later on you get a shitload of quests at once, some of which you might not be able to do at that particular moment (that happens on the first town too) and while the game never truly opens, it still has a structure of where you have to go at every moment, you get a bunch of different areas you can approach in any order.

Celerity

Takes 1337 hours to realise it's shit.
Village Idiot Possibly Retarded
The first batch of quests has really low level requirements, I think it's like 1, 2, 3, 4, 4. It's mostly so retards don't suicide on the Ogre at level 1 or get raped by demon dogs and ragequit but both of those happen anyways so whatever. The intent behind it is so you know what area is next fairly early on when you can't really sequence break yet (you can sequence break the shit out of the game later).

Later quests technically have level requirements as well, but they're so low they might as well not exist.

vmar

Savant
It just feels like another single player mmo to me, I spent most of my time doing boring fetch quests and talking to npcs who drop pages and pages of boring exposition about places and events i've never heard of and dont care about

Not to mention picking flowers

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
In fact, I just realized I completely skipped an important area, breezing through it right now.

And you don't play this game for the story.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
It's been such a long time since I played this originally, so I loaded up a new game and new party. Hilariously as soon as the game started, the first thing that came to me was OH FUCK! THOSE FUCKING FUCKING MUSHROOM ASSHOLES!!!111 :lol:

I already have 166 hours from my first playthrough (I restated mid-way, once I understood the mechanics better). Will still keep playing. :shittydog:

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Didn't this game come out like a year ago? And it got crappy reviews? And people said it is like Might & Magic but worse?

Crappy reviews from 20 year old "journalists" playing FIFA, CoD and Sims in their spare time.

It's an old school hardcore turn-based blobber. You don't get many of these nowadays so you gobble up everything that comes out, even if it's not exactly brilliant, just solid and competent.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Hmm I'll try it. But solid and competent and maybe worse than a 25 year old Might & Magic hardly gets me moist.

miles teg

Scholar
I really enjoyed this game for 15 hours. It started feeling like a chore after 20 and I think I dropped it at around 25. It's a very polished game but it's so repetitive.

But then again I'm not a big fan of these types of game. For people who can't make up their mind, I'd suggest to buy this only if you can find it at 6-7 quids or less. For that price you get a fair amount of enjoyment before the boredom settles in.

Personally I had more fun with LoG2

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Legend of Grimrock 2 has the disadvantage of being real-time, otherwise it's pretty decent. If we count console blobbers, Dark Spire is also close to the top for me.

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
For me it's 1. MMX, 2. LoG2, 3. Xulima.

I have a hard time considering Grimrock games blobbers.

What about Swords And Sorcery: Underworld - Definitive Edition

I found it better than the LOG games.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom