Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Lords of Xulima

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Received my email as well and can only say...
drool2.jpg

That map alone gives me so much joy and brings me instantly back to the days I first opened up the Might & Magic and Ultima boxes and looked on their maps. They truly nailed this aspect of their game better than any other KS game (or any game in years for that matter). Now let us pray the game itself lives up to that amazing map. I can't wait to explore each and every one of those locations!!!

:incline: This really is front page material. Someone needs to post this update there.
...calling Infinitron

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
The map is awesome obviously, but which mainland location do you most look forward to exploring?

I'll take the Hall of Heroes, fresh off the defeat of the giant Sand Serpent.

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The map is awesome obviously, but which mainland location do you most look forward to exploring?

I always love the farthest reaches of the map. What I always loved about the M&M games is that freedom to pretty much go anywhere at the start of the game when you are a weakling. You know you can try and run as far into the "wilderness" as you can just to get a peek at the behemoths that await to tear you apart. How powerful will I have to be to survive those areas? At what point in the game will I be able to venture to those remote regions? So for this map I will, of course, look forward to the Geldra, Pernitia, and island regions.

:love:

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Yeah the map is simply glorious. :love:

Calling Crooked Bee for the newspost since she is the one that has been posting Xulima news. LoX is still my most anticipated KS project.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Calling Crooked Bee for the newspost since she is the one that has been posting Xulima news. LoX is still my most anticipated KS project.

Is that map public or for backers only? If the latter, then we can't just post it on the front page.

Looks really nice though.
There is a smaller res map in the public update.
https://www.kickstarter.com/project...xulima-an-epic-story-of-gods-and-humans/posts

The high resolution map is only for backers so let's not post that ;) (right imweasel ?)

Last edited:

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
From Update #24

In the game we have three difficulty modes:
REAL This is the perfect difficulty for all who want to find a challenge similar to what is found in classic RPGs. You have to build a good group, experiment to find the best tactics, etc.

CASUAL For today's generation of gamers, who are more used to playing games in which the progression is smooth and only increase in difficulty at certain key points. Or, simply for those who have not enough time and want to progress faster in the adventure.

HARD-CORE For people who have finished Real mode, perhaps they want to start the game with a new party in this mode that is about survival in Xulima. You can even die starving. This mode has a special Achievement in Steam. How many people can beat it?

:greatjob:

Actual level names are likely to change but you get the gist.

Last edited:

imweasel

Is that map public or for backers only? If the latter, then we can't just post it on the front page.

Looks really nice though.
There is a smaller res map in the public update.
https://www.kickstarter.com/project...xulima-an-epic-story-of-gods-and-humans/posts

The high resolution map is only for backers so let's not post that ;) (right imweasel ?)
I would have respected a decision not to share the high-res image of the map, but there is none, at least not in the e-mail I received.

I'll delete it from the server if anybody (maybe the devs?) does not want me to share it.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
I just presume that everything that only backers receive, is for backers only, otherwise they would have posted it on the public update.

imweasel

I doubt the high-res map will stay backer exclusive anyway, simply because it is the map.

Just wanted to share my joy with Codex.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

The frozen lands to the north. I really could use some good fights against snow trolls and stuff again.

It's the desert area for me, I love landscapes of endless sand with ancient, long-lost ruins hidden where no-one dares venture.

GrimoireFTW

Learned
Nifonte's Lair for me because whoever NIfante is him/her has their own personal island with a lair on it!!!

also, I would love to hear some impressions from people that have played the beta. Highly looking forward to this game

jdinatale

Cipher
This looks genuinely rad, gonna grab it on paypal

If you can buy it directly from the company and avoid the middle man (STEAM), all the better. Numata games deserves it all.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom